Current Page: 176 of 180
Re: Struthers Memorial Independent Pentecostal Church
Posted by: blackwatch ()
Date: April 25, 2024 04:39PM

Hi Rainbow - seems our posts just crossed!

I agree broadly with the sentiment of what you're saying. What I would say to you is (and I hope this doesn't sound trite) - you have nothing to be afraid of. No-one is going to harm you. Let the truth and the facts speak for themselves and if others do the same, then that's plenty.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Rainbow ()
Date: April 25, 2024 04:45PM

Thank you black watch. And yes I agree 100%. BBC would be my choice.

I have limited experience in this area but I would ask and say. If you speak to one ‘news channel’ they are very clear that you can’t speak to any others. It would be great for us all to be on the same page about this so we can all share our true and honest stories through the same news channel. Let’s keep ourselves right. Let’s be calm, honest and open. No boundaries will be crossed. That is within our control. Facts are very crucial at this point. I do believe ranting and emotions (which I have experienced so many times) could affect the truth coming out. We are all here for each other. Sharing the same horrific experience.

If you would be open to speaking to ONLY the BBC, and it can be anonymous, please can you comment below.

Posted by: ThePetitor ()
Date: April 25, 2024 04:53PM

Rainbow,

It looks genuine to me, especially as it has a @bbc.co.uk address. It you want to be really, really sure, type the email address in rather than copying it or clicking on reply. The reason for doing that is that some scammers do things like substitute a zero for the letter “o” so that it looks the same.

I really don’t think you need to do that though, it looks pretty genuine.

Like Blackwatch, I would rather it is the BBC than the Sun and, like Rainbow says, let’s be honest, true and real. I think most folk will actually be on the same page, not because they have come to some sort of (Struthers-like!) secret agreement, but just because the experiences of so many people who do not even know each other are so similar.

I have no idea where this investigation came from, but it seems to me that this is just another consequence of the secrecy that surrounds Struthers. As I said in an earlier post:

ThePetitor page 161 of this forum
Wow – good to see people coming forward with their reasons for the forum. I think there is a lot of insight and wisdom in these answers and a lot of people will definitely resonate with the comment “I now realise that many people received the same treatment I did.” Seems to me that is one of the things they did a lot – convinced you that you were the only one with these questions or concerns.

To add a bit more about my own view, I personally think one of the reasons this forum is necessary is because things are so secretive in Struthers. If folk in the church were allowed to debate issues and policy (theology even!!) openly, there would be little need for this site.

That is the heart of the problem. If they allowed open debate, this forum would not be needed, and an investigation by the BBC would not be needed. What they need to do it take point like the about questions about their “deliverance ministry” or how they just ignore people’s needs and start to try to explain it in terms of scripture. My view is that they will of course not be able to do this and will as a result realise there are a number of things they need to change.

And that reminds me of something else I said a while ago:

ThePetitor page 142 of this forum
None of that is the real issue though - the real issue is why are thy not being open and honest. Does anyone remember Mr Black's story of a preacher who arrived in his pulpit to see a letter saying "I know they things you did, here are a list of the sins you committed. If you continue to preach I will tell everyone about these things." The preacher read out this list and then added a number of other sins he had committed that were not on the list." THAT is the standard Mr. Black advocated. Will the present leaders live up to it?

Finally, let's all be aware that there are many good folks in Struthers who will find all of this pretty traumatic. Many of us know what it is like to have the rug pulled from under us!

Date: April 25, 2024 05:47PM

Thankyou everyone. Pretitor. I agree with you. There are a horrific amount of victims still sitting in the congregation. They are scared, lonely, frightened. The anxiety they must feel every day when they wake must be soul destroying. I have been there and my heart breaks for them.

Black watch. Thank you for your reply also. I have replied to the BBC. I did lots of checks. Like you, I now believe it’s genuine. There’s a way that this can be done anonymously but if anyone chooses and wants to, we can be forward and acknowledged ourselves. I do believe it’s very important that we don’t rant, we don’t gossip and we stick to facts and genuine experience. I believe that is very important. We must be genuine and I know we can be as that is who we are. Sadly, we are the ‘prototype’ that struthers chooses to prey on as they know they can win us over.

Posted by: Daisy69 ()
Date: April 25, 2024 05:58PM

It’s totally genuine, and they wouldn’t ask for an exclusive either. The more outlets that run it the better.
If we tell the truth all is good.
Please save other kiddies

Posted by: Daisy69 ()
Date: April 25, 2024 06:10PM

Those that remain there need help to escape. People aren’t taking medicines as they believe a bit of theatre deliverance is a cure.
They are complicit holding their kids back in the church

Date: April 25, 2024 06:19PM

Rainbow - I totally get where you're coming from. From the perspective of Struthers though, this is all one big rant. But to all those that have been genuinely affected / impacted it's a serious, serious matter indeed.

One thing that may come out of this is potential legal issues as per previous discussions on this thread. If the BBC do indeed follow through with an investigation and they conclude there's sufficient evidence of wrongdoing, you can be assured that will be handed over to the police.

The thing is, they absolutely have all the resources and the investigative techniques to dig right into everything. That would include the history of the church, controlling families, finance, the school. There's a lot to get through.

Incidentally, isn't inverclydenow.com owned and run by Chris Jewell?

Posted by: FalkirkBairn67 ()
Date: April 25, 2024 08:45PM

Wow alots been happening the past few days things are going crazy. We all need to be honest with what happened in th past ,I know I cant move on till I speak about it and have been the past month ,I want to speak to another one person.

Struthers know about this investgation I was told about it on Sunday and I wasnt told who it waas but that there was a investgation going on.

I myself have went through somthing very simlar than whats been spoke about and this was many years ago it was like reliving it. But what I relise they were some goor friends who had my back then and I walked away from them all apart for 1 and that was because I was told not to speak about what happened to me and what was going on.

its took me 40 years to finally comfront this and since i have spoke about it I feel alot better knowing im not at fault

Date: April 25, 2024 08:55PM

Hi falkirkbairn67.

So sorry that you went through similar. Feel free to share if you wish to but no pressure at all. Please (and I hope you understand what me) but take comfort from the fact that you are not alone.

Do you mean that struthers are aware of the chat on this forum and are investigating it and know who is posting or that they are away that the there are people sharing their stories and national news papers and TV/media now want to get involved?

Like you it has taken me a very very long time to open up. I was a destroyed closed book for many years. Struthers memorial church has destroyed too many people.

Date: April 25, 2024 09:26PM

It may be the case that if the BBC are following certain guidelines, they've already contacted SMC directly. It's near impossible to do these things without it getting out in any case.

Current Page: 176 of 180

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.