Current Page: 10 of 95
Kirkby Christian Fellowship
Posted by: Polar Bear ()
Date: March 05, 2007 05:19PM

Hiya Oliver,
I remember the pyramid room fairly well, with the mummy! It seemed a long walk to get there every Sunday night, with most of the fellowship driving past with empty cars. (I wonder at the environmental cost of not car sharing?!?) I don’t remember the incident you mentioned, what do you think was happening? If I remember rightly, there seemed to be a lot made of sexual sin, it was put on a bit of a pedestal of its own, a higher sin than others, does anyone else register with that? It also seemed very repressed, an undercurrent, almost like a hidden menace but because it was so BIG it felt like a constant threat. Like an elephant in the room.
Have you continued in your faith Oliver?

Broken, thank you for acknowledging me and my feelings and apologizing. It means a lot that you would do that. You are so forgiven. I am sorry you were not heard. That can be the most dehumanizing and damaging thing anyone can ever do to us. You say you wanted to kill yourself, do you still feel that way now? I think I hear what you are saying (point 2); the picture I have from what you said (please correct me if I’m wrong) is of a child at a party, all the parents are talking about “grown up stuff” and they don’t have time to stop and talk to you. The best you can hope for is a pat on the head and a “there there” every once in a while. What you were saying was so unimportant to them…
I’m sorry if what I said triggered something with you, I will try not to put things across in that way again.

To deny our own impulses is to deny the very thing that makes us human...

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: John W ()
Date: March 05, 2007 06:27PM

It’s great that people can now talk about what has gone on in the fellowship (KCF). I didn’t know most of what has been talked of in the accounts; They have given me a better insight into what happened and must be still going on. It can only be hoped that some insiders can be helped by reading about what was/is going on around them.

I don’t remember the incident in the pyramid suite itself but I do remember another case where someone was given over to Satan, it was part of their doctrine, I think it’s a bit odd now but than!!! The case I remember was when the fellowship was based near the station. There was a group of lad’s that we had been trying to save, one of whom stool money. It was said at a meeting that he had to be given to Satan because God had told the boy before hand not to steel it. I think we were told the boy would have no way back to God and therefore go to hell, this bit I am unsure on. The idea would be than you give someone over to satan so the person would turn back to God and their soul would be saved. How this could be applied to the above case I don’t know.

Posted by: rosebud ()
Date: March 05, 2007 07:37PM

oliverfabulous welcome .I do remember that incident in the pyramid room. It was probably the worse thing for that poor guy to go through. But praying for people to be handed over to satan has got to be witchcraft hasn't it ?

Flower I hope my comment to polarbear did not put you of this site. Truly I am a peace loving hippy chick and I really believe I was in order. If I have caused any offence to PB I am very sorry and I hope PB will accept my apology.This site is just so we can share our experiences. I hope you reconsider.

Does anybody remember the sweaty sock room in the stadium we would use sometimes? I remember sexual sin being exposed there with young couples. I was in a relationship myself with a young man in the church and we had been fooling around and when it all kicked off i was terrifyed in case we were going to be draggged up. Fortunatly we were ok. but a friend of mine was totally humiliated in front of everybody. I think there does seem to be a preoccupation with sexuality in the fellowship. I agree 100% with what PB says about our human impulses. The fellowship was all about crushing our humanity out of us.

BBcheryl the thing about music and literature is they think it is controling on a deeper level. One of the groups I was listening to whilst I was in the fellowship was The Smiths. Cheryl had read that someone had comitted suicide after listening to a song. She believed that Satan had used the music to influence the person to end their life. I tried to explain that the person must have been suicidal in the first place to do that. She told me the only way I was going to be free of the devil was to burn my Smiths albums. I didn't, I went to HMV and bought Joy Division. I thought that'll teach her. The books I was reading were science fiction and fantasy. I can't see how they would make me evil. The only thing these books were ever responsible for was making me either want to be a robot or a hero. Do you think she would be cross if she knew now that I had took the fantasy up another level and had started playing Dungeons and Dragons? There is nothing more evil than rolling dice.

Lol Trina xxxxx

Date: March 05, 2007 07:48PM

Hiya. Another one from me just while I think on. If anyone else was brought up in the fellowship, did you find talking about the end times in sunday scool when we where in the building at "the college" terryfying. I got the heeby jeebies all the time. And you know what, I can still sing the 66 books of the bible (talk about brain washed). And just a general question to anyone who remembers that far back. Who started Mount Zion Fellowship and why did it become Kirkby Christian Fellowship? Was it true nuns where involved in setting it up? lol Trina xxx

Posted by: brokenbycheryl ()
Date: March 05, 2007 08:10PM

Polar Bear Dont be worried that you have triggered something in me .That is the whole point of talking honestly. It is my responsibility to be honest with myself and with others then I can face my pain let my resentments go and find healing. Pain is nothing to be afraid of if you face it...I remember the sweaty socks room I was there when the sexual sin thing came up. I found that very damaging actually it damaged my sexuality for many years . As i have said there are worse sins than that we all know that as we have been very hurt and even destroyed by them.I remember the hnding over to Satan Malarchy as it was done to me I can tell you it was hell. But God was there all the time clearer than ever thats when i really realised that the felowship was full of fake christians who didnt know God. It didnt make me want to run back there.I belonged to another church when I left my minister even wrote a letter to Cheryl asking her to stop calling me a gossip and a slanderer as he knew that wasnt true and that I was of good character. I can only imagine what happened to that letter.Does anyone remember if it was read out?

Date: March 05, 2007 08:16PM

Talking about damaging my sexuality. I remember when i had first joined the fellowship i was in a house group at Hazels house and cheryl had taken the meeting.She took me to one side and said she wanted a word with me. She then asked me if i masturbated....well i was so embarrassed and horiffied.. she then went to say that masturbation was wrong..and if i was doing it i had to stop as it was cutting me off from God. I was soooooo embarrassed i was only young and didnt know were to put my face.Today I would have reacted differently..
There seems to be no boundaries .I share this because if it was said to me it must have been said to others? Anyone else asked any inapropriate questions like this?

Date: March 05, 2007 08:23PM

I have just remembered another thing that disturbed me and horrifyed me.Cheryl held a meeting to discuss with women how to behave in relationships with their partner. She shared as a woman she had power over her man all she had to do was dress up in sexy underwear and she could get anything she wanted out of him...She went on to say this included big bottles of expensive perfume and money to buy clothes in marks and spencer....
I found that horrifying,disturbing and manipulative .What does everyone think bout that?

Date: March 05, 2007 08:26PM

If you think im being very candid I will explain the reason. Not only for others to get identification but I have been very poorly for a year and am housebound and i really have felt close to death on a few occasions ,I have been that ill and I know now I have nothing to lose by being totally honest...

Date: March 05, 2007 08:27PM

BBheryl, I am sorry for what happened to you. I don't ever remember a letter being read out at a meeting tho. I was acused of being a gossip and a slanderer. But my humiliation was not done in front of the whole church. It was done in kennelwood avenue. After about two hours of me denying and them threatening me with destruction. It ended with the other person involved and myself being brought back into the same room and having to pick a stone out of a bag. Whoever picked the white stone was telling the truth and god loved them, and whoever picked the black one was lying and was going to die. Luckily for me I chose the white one. I don't know what happened with the other person after I left 69 Kennelwood Avenue. It makes me feel bad tho because I peeked before I reached in and knew I was getting the white one. If the other person is on this forum. I am so deeply sorry for what you have been through I will feel guilty about it until the day i die. lol trina xxx

Date: March 05, 2007 08:28PM

If others are set free by the truth then my life will have not been in vain.

Current Page: 10 of 95

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.