Current Page: 9 of 95
Kirkby Christian Fellowship
Date: March 05, 2007 12:37AM

If you are reading this and have been hurt/damaged by the actions of this church. Please join and do two things... 1) It will give a more realistic number to the actual walking wounded that have come out of KCF... 2) It just may be a small step for you on the long road of recovery. Iknow when done properly, sharing without knowing who you are can help a little. Think about it.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: rosebud ()
Date: March 05, 2007 04:31AM

Hello everyone. Just a quick one polar bear. Not only are we not on the same page, I don't even think we are in the same book. And that is all I am going to say about your posting!

I will be really honest now. And I know some of you will not see things my way,but that is fine, everybody deserves thier own beliefs. I always believed there was a God. I never really bought the Jesus story . The main question I asked certain leaders was how do you know everything written in the bible is true when it is written by men? Not just to be awkward, but because I was curious, that was all. When you are brought up in a church you are supposed to be like a believer so the only answers I got were "just because " and "How dare you question the word of God".
I was in sin all of the time. I was wrong to wear make up, I was wrong to dye my hair, I was wrong to listen to rock music ( christian music stinks,it makes me cringe),I was even in sin for being a vegetarian oh and for not bible bashing my non christian friends! I was banned from a sunday meeting for two weeks. The straw that broke the camels back was when my best friend's (who was a non christian) dad died. I missed a sunday meeting and a thursday meeting. The thursday meeting was the day of her dads funeral. My thursday meeting leaders where not happy I missed the meeting but would of been fine with it if I was using the time to bible bash her. I told them there and then I would not be coming back. I could never believe God could be so petty. But God isn't ,the fellowship is, and it is hard to see that when you first leave. I am sure when the fellowship first begun it was a good thing,but when you give one person complete control over something, like Cheryl has, you have to remember the saying that absolute power corrupts absolutly. And with Herr Cheryl it did. All I needed from them where questions answered and all I got was abuse that did not even stop when I left. People where always in ours to see my mum. Some would act like I did not exist others would look down thier noses at me if I reacted I was in the wrong. Cheryl got my Mum and Dad to ban me listening to music in the house. I could not even listen to it in my room. Christian friends would ignore me in the street. If i asked them why, I was accused of being confrontational and would get grief from my family members who where in the fellowship. It was crap. One day I came home from one of my friends house, I went upstairs to get changed and somebody from the fellowship was in my room putting all my books and music tapes in a bin bag. I asked her what the hell did she think she was doing and she said i was opening a gate way for demons to get in. I physically threw her out of my room. Later that evening I took all my books and tapes up to my friends house. My mum and dad where angry with the person and they realised that it was my home and if I wanted to listen to music and read books that was fine. they where never down on me . I am sorry I am not sharing more experiences of my time in the fellowship, it is hard to becuause it brings back the feelings of worthlesness and humiliation again. I think those of you who are sharing these things are very brave and i have a lot of admiration for you. I hope to be as brave soon. Lol Trina xxx

Posted by: Serenity ()
Date: March 05, 2007 04:35AM

Just a quick note - I just want to say I have so much admiration for you all, I understand that these things are hard to talk about. I think the support being given on this forum is fantastic, and the fact that people now have a place to go where they can talk about this without having to say who they are is a big step on the way to healing. Sometimes getting things out in the open is the best way forward.

I hope that this forum can continue being a support and a help for those who need it. We are all here for you no matter what. You will always be welcome here.

Take care xxxxx

Posted by: brokenbycheryl ()
Date: March 05, 2007 07:03AM

Hi Trina it seems unbelievable now but I burned all my records and any book that wasnt to do with God. I realised later on after I was destroyed by Mein Fuhrer Doyle that Demons didnt come thru music and books. Demons came through people who punish you , ignore you ,treat you like your were dead, accuse of of all kinds of sin ....The bible says that Satan is the great accuser of the saints, however Cheryl Doyle ,Dave Doyle and anyone who supports their abuse are helping do the job of Satan. Jesus says anyone who harms my little ones (meaning children) are basically in BIG TROUBLE with God. The amount of children I have heard that have had breakdowns that have been ignored by the other children in the fellowship because the leaders were punishing their parents is horrific. All I can say is untill they repent and make ammends to all they have harmed they are in BIG BIG TROUBLE. God is so kind gentle and loving he is gentle with us but if these leaders do not take heed of Gods warnings (The bible is full of them then Im afraid) it only takes having a conscience to know that you dont treat people in a cruel way you do unto otherers as you would have them do unto you. As a christian you are not supposed to be full of resentments but your mind needs to be renewed by the spirit , so you are filled with love and kindness towards all men/woman. That what real christians do and real christians know that they are not perfect but human and only God is perfect ,this brings a humility and a teachableness that Mrs Doyle and her minions sadly lack. I am sick of seeing people suffer like this. BE WARNED KCF IS A CULT IF YOU ARE IN IT ...RUN... GET OUT...GET HELP

Posted by: oliverfabulous ()
Date: March 05, 2007 07:30AM

Ello
I went to this church a long time ago. When I was there it was called Mount Zion Fellowship. They didnt have a building we were in the sports centre. One night I was there they stood like a hanging party and said they were going to discipline some fella cos he was in sexual sin. They brought him out in front of the Doyles and the elders and judged him asking him did he repent . He said no then he was told he could not have any contact with the fellowship untill he repented. They then told him that they were going to hand him over to Satan for the Destruction of the flesh so he would repent, he agrred and was lead out.Then the weirdest thing happened Cheryl and Dave started praying for him to be handed over to Satan , and they got all the fellowship to join in. It was the weirdest feeling I have ever had it still disturbs me today.I left after that. I dont think that was right it was scary for me and lots of other people walked out. The poor lad what he must have gone through?Does any you on here remember that or have a christian response?

Posted by: Flower ()
Date: March 05, 2007 07:40AM

I was a member of KCF for a number of years. Like everyone else here on this site ( apart from Liverpool writer ) was hurt very badly, and left. I have not gone to another church since. Like others on this site I have suffered from clinical depression.
I have been reading all the postings on this site very carefully and am
glad to see that some of you have been really helped. It must be great to have somewhere to go where you can be open and honest about you experiences.
However I have also seen how Onlyme was treated, a few of you seemed to misunderstand what they said and really put them down. The only one that seemed to understand what Onlyme meant was Polarbear, There seemed to be a big misunderstanding and a lot of unpleasantness directed at these two. Cant you all see that people wouldn’t put stuff in this place unless they were hurting. Polarbear shared some very sad things and deep hurts at the beginning.
David and Firefly seemed to turn things around, and things started to look good again. I logged on to share some of the experiences that I have had to find Rosebud still making unpleasant comments to Polarbear.
To me this does not seem a safe place and Im not sure that I could cope with some of you trampling on my already broken heart.
I am really glad that you found each other and I truly hope that you are all helped.

Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: March 05, 2007 08:01AM

OK everyone let's go over a few things.

Each person is at their own place regarding leaving this group. Some may apparently seem to have been hurt more than others and each person has thier own unique situation.

One person's solution or process is not the "only solution" for everyone.

See [www.culteducation.com]

This is the "Recovery" section for the Ross Institute database. It has useful articles and information that may be helpful.

This is a listing of professional recovery resources.

This reading list may also be helpful with many books available on a broad range of related subjects.

Not everyone here believes the same and proselytizing is against the rules. Again, remember that what works for one person may not work for another.

And criteria for determining whether a group is potentially unsafe, is based upon behavior not belief, at least at this site.

And also see [www.culteducation.com]

Auto approve status has been granted to some people at this thread to make it easier to post and dialog here. But if someone is needlessly nasty that person may lose such status.

Let's be courteous, reasonable and kind.

Posted by: brokenbycheryl ()
Date: March 05, 2007 11:40AM

Hi Flower,
I think the bottom line is that we all are hurting badly on this site.My heart is broken too so I know how that feels. All of us can only share from the place we are at.Many people on here have lost their faith and so will not react as expected in christian circles.Thats ok I am not threatened by that because at least its real. I would rather people be honest than bottle things up.I was in the habit of bottling everything up as I was told by KCF I had to shut my mouth basically.That turned my anger inwards which turned into a lovely case of clinical depression that I still have today. But I have had to learn how to express my inner turmoil because it was destroying me. I was feeling like I wanted to kill myself all the time. Ok I think we may have misunderstood what Polar Bear and Only me have said.The reason for that is twofold1)Our own hurts colour our perception eg I hear something said like "its your walk" and it triggers my pain & for good reason. I have to do some work on that now. I have to find out why it triggers pain etc you get the picture.I apologise to Polar Bear as I did react to the way you said things. You werent wrong it was my perception of what you said that is damaged. I am in pain it reminds me of KCF..
2) In my experience at KCF when I had a problem and tried to discuss it with certain people I was not heard. I was always told I was wrong and then the person I was talking to would defend the other person. Without hearing what I was saying.My pain and feelings were valid but I was made to feel invalid. Do you understand what I mean. As time progressed I found it harder and harder to stand up for myself and get my point across. Untill I just gave up and became a doormat unabke to cope in the outside world as I was picked off by every bully. Today although I do not get it always right I will defend myself. As it is my way of stopping bottling stuff up.
I feel sad that you will not come and share on this site.But I do feel it is healthy,for people to be honest and real if they think something is amiss that is real life and freedom of speech.
Sometimes when we write things or text things the meaning can be misconstrued because when we talk to people tis a better form of communication.I would encourage you to grasp the nettle and come back and share...

Posted by: Liverpool Writer ()
Date: March 05, 2007 04:35PM

Not everyone here believes the same and proselytizing is against the rules. Again, remember that what works for one person may not work for another.

And criteria for determining whether a group is potentially unsafe, is based upon behavior not belief, at least at this site.

Thanks, Mod. I was about to say the same myself. A few people seem to be taking it for granted that this is a Christian site. Speaking for myself, I am a liberal Christian, and don't identify with "born again" Christianity. I'd like to think that anyone coming to this site for help or encouragement could find what they're looking for whether they're religious, church-going, atheist, agnostic or whatever. I think our humanity and desire to help one another will be what bonds us here, not our religion.

Posted by: Liverpool Writer ()
Date: March 05, 2007 04:56PM

Welcome, Flower.

Like everyone else here on this site ( apart from Liverpool writer ) was hurt very badly, and left.

Yes. Just to clarify for everyone, I was never personally involved with KCF. I did attend a handful of meetings (the teachings were classic manipulation). However, it was a close family member who was involved for about three years, and had a breakdown when it dawned on her how she'd been manipulated and abused.

I have experienced spiritual abuse myself, and thankfully, it hardly affects me these days. I'm past the stage of being afraid and being haunted by the things I was told. I've been helping people in similar situations for about three or four years now.

Current Page: 9 of 95

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.