Current Page: 51 of 858
Krishna group in Hawaii
Posted by: zelig ()
Date: October 14, 2006 09:28AM

This reminds me of kirtans with JG! Notice how the followers imitate! Monkee see - monkee do!

[www.youtube.com]

Options: ReplyQuote
Krishna group in Hawaii
Date: October 14, 2006 10:08AM

Ha! I think he got his chair at the same place, they only make big ones.

Krishna group in Hawaii
Posted by: just-googling ()
Date: October 14, 2006 11:07PM

Oh, yea, those wild Haribol kirtans with everybody screaming as loud as they can and jumping up and down. :lol:

Krishna group in Hawaii
Posted by: just-googling ()
Date: October 17, 2006 11:35AM

zelig

"Headquarters" DID have a cover!!! I forget the business name, but they had glossy brochures designed (by the slave labor camp upstairs). It was a video production company. On the cover of this pamphlet was a photo of JG's fascist cinemetographer (ex police man) holding a camera. I never saw any real clients there. It would be too weird to see the motley crew with crowd clickers in their hands all day wearing frumpy clothes and blending up nutritional yeast and tamari sauce for their tofu at all hours of the day or night in the kitchen,... (people would chant mantras on these hand held crowd counters!) and the sight of "mole men" crawling out from the ceiling where young men created a dorm of celibacy (?) in the crawl spaces between the floors. They were hiding from building and fire inspectors. With the the strange people and metal detectors, any normal professional looking for services would feel really strage, like having entered a cult enclave. Oh wait a minute... it WAS a cult onclave!
And everyone was supremely aware of outsiders perceptions yet in extreme denial that anything was off!!!!!!!!!

To give them credit where all credit is due: I think they did some video coverage of a couple of surfing contests, which they got on the local news once or twice!

But thinking back on this whole affair, I cannot figure out how they got permission to do so much construction work within that warehouse - Lots and lots of partitions and an upper floor - when this was just a leased building. I mean if a future leaseholder wanted to use this for forklift work as a regular warehouse, they would have had to tear all those walls down, toilets, showers, plumbing, etc etc (a HUGE job!)...

I am sure all this plan must have been the brainchild of Chris Butler and without any thought for the future and also wasting so much labor and time of those people who helped to construct it...

Anybody out there in Honolulu??? Drive by the old "headquarters" up there in Aiea and check out the status of that building, please!!!!

Also, to all those following this thread, there is more info being placed on another thread within this forum. Go to the index list and check out the thread called "Chris Butler" -

or cut and paste this link might get you there:

[board.culteducation.com]

:wink:

Krishna group in Hawaii
Posted by: Ines Amihan ()
Date: October 20, 2006 12:09PM

I got registered only a few minutes prior to writing this. I'm from Cebu, Philippines looking for a Yoga class; am very drawn to eastern philosophy. When I was a kid I used to hear the name of Jagad Guru, I even found an old book here which he authored ("Dear Friend, You are not God" is the title, with a photo of him half-naked in the lotus position) but I never knew he was connected with Chaitanya Mission. I did a google search and by clicking links to links, I found myself here in Rick Ross homepage.

Krishna group in Hawaii
Date: October 22, 2006 03:40PM

Whats up, everybody, I found something for you.

[www.ninjai.com]

Ninjai... this is done by kids involved in butlers group, it is obvious when you watch it.

Justified Demon killing

Creepy dialogue with "god"

"jai" in the name

Hanuman (monkey god) in the logo

Head villian eats live fish (exaggerated meat eating)

Retarded Australian accents

I had known of this but forgot, it involves these two sisters, Satya and Subadra, they are the Daughters of Wai Lana.
In 1988 I lived next door to them in Sedona, Arizona, where Chris and Wai were, yet Wai Lana had the 2 girls and a boy, and none of her children were living up at the house with Siddha and Wai Lana.
They lived in a trailer near us and were looked after by other disciples.
I actually got on very well with them, and we would hang out.
Chris Butler heard of this and told my Dad that, quote, "We do not like girls associating with boys", and from then on, I was not able to hang out with those girls.

Those girls are good at martial arts, Satya was Uma Thurman's stunt double (a.k.a. the one who could swing a sword) in the Quentin Tarrentino movie "Kill Bill".

[www.ninjai.com]

I tried to sign up to the discussion board at Ninjai.com with the name chrisbutlerisasucker, but they had already blocked my ip address before I had my first post finished. (they must have seen the name).

Check the preview for their upcomming "karmakula", anyone who is familiar with the krishna/butler rhetoric will be shaking their heads.

Krishna group in Hawaii
Posted by: carl ()
Date: October 23, 2006 10:53AM

I've been to a few Krishna functions. I don't konw about their mantra, but the food is really good. I wish all religious groups promoted good health like that.

Krishna group in Hawaii
Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: October 23, 2006 07:48PM

It's a bit more complex than a free lunch.

ISKCON Krishna has a deeply troubled history, which includes child abuse.

Krishna group in Hawaii
Date: October 24, 2006 03:38AM

...and a greasy vegetarian sugar bomb ain't healthy.

Krishna group in Hawaii
Date: October 24, 2006 03:46AM

Hey, everyone, I am reading this book which is really good, I wanted to share some of it.

I am actually in desperate need of an objective source of information on Gaudiya Vaishnavism, but I would surely pass it on when i get it.

Although I just got a book I am really exited about, called "the Suns of God:Krishna, Buddha and Christ Unveiled"
by the female author Acharya S., she wrote a great book called "the Christ Conspiracy", very much in the Jordan Maxwell vein.

from the back cover:
As archaeologist, historian, Mythologist and Linguist Acharya S thoroughly reveals, these numerous godmen were not similar "historical" personages who "walked the earth" but anthropomorphizations of the central focus of the famous "mysteries". A major element of the cryptic, international brotherhood, these mysteries extend back thousands of years and are found worldwide, reflecting an ancient tradition steeped in awe and intigue.The reasons for this religious development, which has inspired the creation of entire cultures, are unveiled in this in-depth analysis containing fascinating and original research based on evidence both modern and ancient-captivating information kept secret for ages.

I started reading the first chapter on Krishna, and it said:
"Like various gods and goddesses around the globe, the Hindu god Krishna has been the source of much confusion and speculation over the centuries. His purported earthly life has been asserted to have occured anywhere from hundreds to thousands of years before the common era, and his very nature has been debated thoroughly, with all manner of suggestion put forth.
Moreover, while he is a favorite of millions of people, Krishna has also been assailed, not only by Christian Missionaries and other foreign fanatics, but also by Indian natives as well. In fact, there have been "numerous tribes of Hindus" who have labeled krishna "in impious wretch, a merciless tyrant, an implacable* mind and most rancorous** enemy."1
Nevertheless, Krihsna is currently the defining deity within Hinduism and one of the most popular godmen in the world.
Although it appears to be a Monolithic*** faith,"Hinduism" is a term adopted in the modern era to describe the MANY religions of india."

1-Moor (Simpson),145:
Moor, Edward, The Hindu Pantheon, ed. W.O. Simpson, Indological book House, India, 1968.
-----------------------------------------------
A couple of definitions:
*implacable; adjective.
"The computer hacker has become the new implacable foe"
unappeasable, unforgiving, unsparing; inexorable, intransigent, inflexible, unyielding, unbending, uncompromising, unrelenting, relentless, ruthless, remorseless, merciless, heartless, pitiless, cruel, hard, harsh, stern, tough, iron-fisted.

**rancorous; adjective.
"California's rancorous recall campaign."
bitter, spiteful, hateful, resentful, acrimonious, malicious, malevolent, hostile, venomous, vindictive, baleful, vitriolic, vengeful, pernicious, mean, nasty; informal, bitchy, catty.

***monolithic |?män??li?ik| adjective
1 formed of a single large block of stone. • (of a building) very large and characterless.
2 (of an organization or system) large, powerful, and intractably indivisible and uniform : rejecting any move toward a monolithic European superstate.
3 Electronics (of a solid-state circuit) composed of active and passive components formed in a single chip.

Current Page: 51 of 858

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.