Linda and John
Sarai/Sarah
BT
Katyayani
also Sudama
and some I can't remember your names
the chick with the peg leg
the typesetter lady with the red van
the guy I used to argue with on Maui (not one of the Moore brothers)

some are gone

Loved all of you guys.
Wish you all well with or without the chanting!

Options: ReplyQuote
Krishna group in Hawaii
Posted by: just-googling ()
Date: March 24, 2007 12:42AM

zelig
[b:b122613f6a]5. Severe Guilt Complexes: [/b:b122613f6a] They are made to feel guilty of everything they did before entering the group and are to strive to be “good” and “pure enough” for “spiritual advancement” or “initiation”. Misdemeanors are made into “mountains” so that members are in a constant state of guilt for breaking even the most minor rules. Guilt comes because they aren’t doing enough; entertaining doubts or questions; even thinking rationally for oneself. Participants often repeat the expression, “Doubts are like demons, you should never entertain one.”
This guilt is constantly being laid down about what is sinful and what is not (e.g., the natural desire for sex). Illness may be seen as not taking care of yourself, or not being serious enough for the sake of serving your spiritual master. You are told only to eat to keep your body and soul together to “serve”, and not to “enjoy” food. Yet Chris and his consort demand the best of foods because they are accepting it for God. Mental and emotional illness is regarded simply as the sin of trying to be an “enjoyer” – creating more guilt. But if Chris Butler gets ill, it is only due to his taking on the sins and karma of his followers – even more guilt!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[b:b122613f6a]This is absolutely very true![/b:b122613f6a] I think these severe guilt complexes can also explain the suicides that have occured in this group as well. Contrary to lectures given by JG that suicide is due to straying from the path and making offences towards himself, maybe the suicides can be explained by unnatural guilt complexes that this religious process seems to cause.

Any more thoughts on this subject out there

:?:
:confused: :confused:

Krishna group in Hawaii
Posted by: Dassi ()
Date: March 24, 2007 04:38AM

just-googling
zelig
[b:032517dfbc]5. Severe Guilt Complexes: [/b:032517dfbc] They are made to feel guilty of everything they did before entering the group and are to strive to be “good” and “pure enough” for “spiritual advancement” or “initiation”. Misdemeanors are made into “mountains” so that members are in a constant state of guilt for breaking even the most minor rules. Guilt comes because they aren’t doing enough; entertaining doubts or questions; even thinking rationally for oneself. Participants often repeat the expression, “Doubts are like demons, you should never entertain one.”
This guilt is constantly being laid down about what is sinful and what is not (e.g., the natural desire for sex). Illness may be seen as not taking care of yourself, or not being serious enough for the sake of serving your spiritual master. You are told only to eat to keep your body and soul together to “serve”, and not to “enjoy” food. Yet Chris and his consort demand the best of foods because they are accepting it for God. Mental and emotional illness is regarded simply as the sin of trying to be an “enjoyer” – creating more guilt. But if Chris Butler gets ill, it is only due to his taking on the sins and karma of his followers – even more guilt!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[b:032517dfbc]This is absolutely very true![/b:032517dfbc] I think these severe guilt complexes can also explain the suicides that have occured in this group as well. Contrary to lectures given by JG that suicide is due to straying from the path and making offences towards himself, maybe the suicides can be explained by unnatural guilt complexes that this religious process seems to cause.

Any more thoughts on this subject out there

:?:
:confused: :confused:

GUILT GUILT GUILT
Oh yeah, I knew it well.
Once I heard Mr.Big tell someone they should fast for three days for an offence. I thought, "Oh, shit, I did that too!" Ooops. So I fasted without food OR water for three days --- well cheated on the water a bit (I didn't want to die). No one knew. I never did that again --- felt stupid afterwards. It wasn't even anything like not chanting rounds (all 16 of them) or the Reg Principals. Funny, I don't even remember what it was about!!
Just how awful I felt
guilt before
hungry after

On the night I got "initiated" I remember feeling like such a doofus because I didn't make way for him and crossed over his path to grab my purse.
I almost
oh my god
ttttttouched him
I almost bumped into his lotus body!
HRH (His Royal HighAss) glared at me for a moment, then his face changed
He must of thought, "Oh it's the spacy one - nevermind, I'll be merciful tonight."
But I was the one that felt guilty, "Oh dear, oh dear, what have I done. Me so bad. What if I had REALLY bumped into him!? A mere GURL!"

I felt a lot of guilt about sleep too.
If I got tired or had to rest, I would strap a bead bag on my hand and chant
If I woke up I'd feel the beads, I'd chant some more
If I went to the beach to sun and swim, I'd sneak off but always felt GUILTY.

I used to watch Samoans have pic-nics and always felt so lonely and wished I had family like that. They'd always offer me food, but I wouldn't take it
even the vegetatian stuff may have touched a pot or utensil that had touched meat.
so they would think I was crazy and rude so I'd leave.

Lots of lonely japa walks watching people with normal lives.
But we were better than everyone.
They were ENJOYERS!
We were "servingourspiritualmasterandkrishnaengagedindevotionalservice"
Doing something meaningful with OUR lives while the rest of the world was GOING TO HELL!
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAHA HA! and HA!

"we're better than you. we're better than you. nyahh, nyahh, nyahh" smug, smug
"Go ahead, look at us like we are weirdos - you ain't going to krishna loka enjoyer creep! You are gonna take birth as a COW and be SLAUGHTERED! So there!"
"By the way, vote for our candidate"

Is this all there is?
Are we having fun yet?
(self whipping) You are not there yet! You haven't pleased Mr.Big enough. He KNOWS you aren't feeling it. He KNOWS everything. You are NOT sincere.

If I'm not happy, it's because I'm not serving right.
If I'm happy, I must be too much of an "enjoyer".
If Mr.Big is happy with me then I can be happy.
If Mr.Big is not happy with me then I should be miserable.
Is he ever happy? All the way to the bank
And me?
I was once so poor that I had to steal Tampax from gas station rest rooms!
I'd eat free crackers with ketchup packets from restuarants! And dumpster dive behind DTE!

Can't be friends cuz they are too busy serving HRH
Feel guilty if I want to just take a moment getting to know someone
Gotta go
Shrila Prabhupad sez
on a special mission YOU lowly one can not know about
But, but, but
Don't laugh too loud
we're serious here
unless HRH is laughing at someone
Whoops can't be friends with THAT one *** Shrila Prabhupad said they were lame
Whoops can't approach THAT one **** they are really IN with HRH
up
down
WHERE AM I? not "Who am I" on the heirarchy?

If you have a problem with someone or something you are ENVIOUS!!!
If you don't have a problem, is there something wrong with me? Am I serious enough?

Crazy making

Strange Days

Krishna group in Hawaii
Posted by: cultreporter ()
Date: March 24, 2007 08:14AM

I think that you have it exactly googling.

Suicide is brought about by feelings of utter despair and hopelessness at one's situation in life. The teachings of SoI are about how horrible the world is it is not worth living it and that you[/color:9a2065d5ff] are a part of it. You are a displeasing demon incapable of spiritual advancement ever[/color:9a2065d5ff] because Chris Butler's toast wasnt buttered all the way to the edge or you couldnt find anyone interested in buying his book.

Krishna group in Hawaii
Posted by: zelig ()
Date: March 24, 2007 01:35PM

AH Guilt. Religions have been the purveyors of it for centuries. It’s a great motivator.

Samuel Johnson had this to say about Guilt Complexes; Melancholy; Superstitions ---
"No disease of the imagination ... is so difficult of cure as that which is complicated with the dread of guilt: fancy and conscience then act interchangeably upon us, and so often shift their places that the illusions of one are not distinguished from the dictates of the other. If fancy presents images not moral or religious, the mind drives them away when they give it pain; but when melancholic notions take the form of duty, they lay hold on the faculties without opposition, because we are afraid to exclude or banish them. For this reason the superstitious are often melancholy, and the melancholy almost always superstitious."
Samuel Johnson: Rasselas [Imlac]

From [www.samueljohnson.com]

Krishna group in Hawaii
Date: March 24, 2007 05:12PM

Dassi that is so sad. :cry:

I hope everything worked out with your non-disciple husband - funny I heard the exact same thing and I was living with a long term student - for the good of your spiritual life you should move out and have nothing more to do with him.

I have never been so sick as when I was there trying not to sleep when I have fibromyalgia with chronic fatigue, going to bed with the chanting in the headphones beads wrapped around my wrist. Sleeping on the floor because one of the Butt-ler's bios said that he slept on a concrete floor when he was in ISKCON (yeah I fell for it :oops: ) The longest I went without food was three days. The meditation caused me to have momentary blackouts and the tendency I had for seizures got so bad I was sometimes throwing three a day.

SoI took the most happiness that I have ever had in my life. Now they would rather fool around with trying to upset the google rating than even apologise for it. What a whole heap of unneccessary sufferring is added to this world by Chris Butler.
----------
www.chriskcon.com

Krishna group in Hawaii
Date: March 25, 2007 12:59AM

Dassi
Greetings from the 6th Circle of Hell !

I'm looking for

Loved all of you guys.
Wish you all well with or without the chanting!

Hi Dassi, you sassy lassie! [/color:3b9030bf50] :wink:

I have sent you a private message -- look in the top right hand corner of this page and click on "message"

that was an interesting story about the fasting -- it seems that only Guru Kris was the only guru to order fastings like this. I don't think ACB ever did this ([i:3b9030bf50]please someone correct me if I am wrong[/i:3b9030bf50]), or Bhaktisiddhanta, Gaur Kisore, or Bhaktivinode????

Weird how we all fell for it! :oops: :?

:mrgreen:

Krishna group in Hawaii
Posted by: zelig ()
Date: March 25, 2007 03:48AM

Dassi

Crazy making

Strange Days
Dassi,
You give a good picture of what it was like for many of us. funny too! Did you feel any guilt about leaving the cult? Did you have a difficult time adjusting to "normal" life?

Krishna group in Hawaii
Date: March 25, 2007 08:59AM

Another little story about how pathetic SoI is (good for a laugh)

"Advertisements" have just recently started popping up on free classifieds sites that are quotes from "Who Are You?" So far I have found five of these, and it has been noted by the site that they are posted on that they are originating from outside Australia, although they are Australian sites.

What is the point? To effect Chriskcon's google rating and impact the ability of people to access the truth. Looks like they are mounting another campaign similar to blogger and xanga to get content removed and perhaps have looked at our hosts terms of service and thought that they cant do anything without a court order. Do they want to go to court? Most likely not. What they want is as little attention as possible. They want all this to go away. One website is a threat to the great Chris Butler.

As far as I am concerned Chriskcon belongs to everyone who wants to see SoI exposed and is for the benefit of the people that have been brainwashed and manipulated and the children of the cult. Many people have contributed information and images to make the amount of information there possible. Many people want to see results.

If you want to get at Chris Butler you can do it by helping our google rating, posting links to www.chriskcon.com and letting other people know the site is there. Please do not spam people though. Our traffic is actually good - very high actually for a new site. It just annoys me that they think this is the way to go about changing anything, once again like rats in the sewer.

Stupid thing is the more ads they make the more curiosity they are creating about Chris Butler and his cult - they are not even offerring anything in their ads but quotes being so obvious in having no other reply than to try to stop the site being seen. The shield of secrecy has a big crack in it. It looks like a lose/lose situation for them.

Krishna group in Hawaii
Date: March 26, 2007 12:20AM

cultreporter
You are a displeasing demon incapable of spiritual advancement because Chris Butler's toast wasnt buttered all the way to the edge[/color:e718f913fb] .......

:lol: :lol: :lol: Not sure if you are joking here, or if this was actually true!! Although I can believe it to be true. A long time ago he came back to Koolau and he complained that he had not been given a [b:e718f913fb]new toothbrush[/b:e718f913fb], and that the old one was still in his house... He gave a long lecture about this, if I remember well!!!! So there we all were, half undernourished and going around whipping ourselves, half suicidal, and depressed, because we had not given God his new toothbrush.

talk about cultish insanity - yes we were there!

:roll:

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.