Current Page: 74 of 75
Re: James Swartz—What is the Truth?
Posted by: Traveler99 ()
Date: November 29, 2023 02:44PM

A New Award?

"The James Swartz Scumbag of the Year Award."

And the First 'Winner' would be...

Some parts of the spiritual world are abuzz with the news that Gurumayi is being subpoenaed to give testimony about the sad and terrible activities of Muktananda in the last years of his life. One good friend has studied these matters closely. He recently wrote that the more he learned, the more Muktananda deserved the James Swartz Scumbag Award.

Muktananda had a stroke, and as Forman and Fishelman showed in a superb article, the effects of such can be devastating. Certainly this was the case with Muktananda, who beginning with his (first?) stroke embarked on five years of violence towards males who questioned him and rapaciousness towards many young women. The freedom to pursue these activities was probably envied by James Swartz at the time -- and likely still is, for that matter.

Gurumayi would have been 22 in 1977 when the crimes began, and 27 in 1982 when they ended with Muktananda's death. The age old question -- What did she know, and when did she know it? is at play, and the follow-up queries centered around "Why didn't she do anything about it?

Turns out that James Swartz without a stroke and Muktananda following a severe one shared at least one thing -- they both raped at least one fourteen year-old girl.

And in a strange coincidence, Swartz was serial raping Heather on the west coast at the same time as Muktananda did much of his damage with many on the east.

Does Muktananda deserve a posthumous "James Swartz Scumbag of the Year" Award?

Does Gurumayi deserve one
for being one of those who covered for Muktananda and allowed his behavior with their silence?

As the views of the truth about James Swartz move over 150,000 on this site
(James and his sweet spouse love this, we're sure)
it's sad that such questions need to be considered about still other teachers.

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: December 28, 2023 12:49AM

As 2023 Moves to 2024

Interest In
(and the Mental and Physical Energy of)
the Pedophile Spiritual Fraud

JAMES SWARTZ

Continues to Fade Away...

Congratulations to the many who've escaped from, surpassed, or totally avoided the evil lies, bitterness, criminality, and spiritual fraudulence of James Swartz.

In 2023 there have been fewer posts here, which is a wonderful thing. It shows what many private messages, and the posts on this site, have revealed.

Many sharers here of the Truth about James Swartz have moved past anger and feelings of betrayal to a higher path. Many now live reading the works and attending the satsangs of real teachers. Many have come to a strong clarity and to true, higher Awareness. They have realized that dwelling on James Swartz is to remain in the spiritual sewer.

Wisely, they ask themselves, "Why linger near the slime when Clarity and Truth beckon in ways and places James Swartz can only enviously imagine?"

May the year 2024 be wonderful for all who have escaped, surpassed, and totally avoided the false teachings of the sexual and spiritual criminal James Swartz. (And wonderfully, this includes Heather, whose revelations of the truth launched this whole search for the facts that has ended up benefiting so many.)

Date: January 03, 2024 10:58PM

How
JAMES SWARTZ
Impressed and Fooled Persons
regarding Spirituality.

Many people have asked, "How has a perverted spiritual fraud like James Swartz been able to attract any students at all?"

One method he uses is what I call the "ABC - XYZ Game."

Swartz was just knowledgeable enough about spiritual matters that he could say things like,

"XYZ meant this, but ABC interpreted it this way, except HIJ only quoted some of his points, which shows that LMN was correct to infer that ABC really took XYZ this way, which proves me to be correct in stating that..."

It all sounds highly impressive. Swartz sounded like a teacher should, right? And who could argue with all that? Only someone who knew something about XYZ, ABC, HIJ, or one of the others, but who among his students did? And who would want to challenge the 'guru'?

"After all, he might be right based on the other things he said, anyway. I sure don't know about all those teachers or teachings, but he does. Wow!"

Except, actually Swartz doesn't know squat. He's a liar, a fraud. He's disavowed by the leaders of his supposed lineage. Many teachers blanch when they hear his name. Many out of politeness won't discuss him -- that is, if they know of him at all.

To me, the whole "ABC - XYZ dynamic" is the type of thing that convinces many that spiritual persons are like the Christians who used to argue about how many angels could dance on the head of a pin, or who wanted to kill some Christians because they weren't the real thing, since, for instance, "That group doesn't include the Old Testament or the books by Paul in their Bible!" (Imagine, only wanting Jesus in their Bible! OMG!)

In my case, I'm done with all the "XYZ meant this, but ABC interpreted it this way, except HIJ..." jargon from almost anybody. There are a few teachers who can accurately handle this line of thinking, but from someone like James Swartz, it is actually, always, at its base, Blarney, Poppycock, and Mental masturbation for the purpose of Manipulation.

The wordy con job and blustery personality worked for many years to attract some. Those factors, and the fact that at times what Swartz said was actually true. When people mix lies with facts and the bad with the good, it's harder to see what's what. A certain German leader wanted cars for all the people, great freeways, and full employment. Well, with the Volkswagen, autobahns, and jobs, Hitler wasn't bad. Just like Swartz, he wasn't always wrong.

But spiritually, Swartz is no better than the mustached German.

Thankfully as 2024 begins, thanks to Heather, now the huge majority of persons who come across the rapist spiritual fraud James Swartz already have an idea who and what he really is.

Date: January 09, 2024 05:21AM

Of James Swartz and his
Emergency Room Cardiac Maladies.

Some of my friends are pretty hard-core --
"Surprised Swartz has a heart."

News came that James Swartz had a cardiac emergency of some sort. Had to get stints in an Emergency Room.

About this, some of my friends wrote, "Surprised James Swartz has a heart."

I'm sure they were joking, at least regarding the physical body.
James Swartz, despite his appearance, is not a zombie.
His physical heart still does function.

And, to be generous, what Ramana Maharshi said (quoted below) is still true, even for James Swartz.

"Heart" is merely another name for the Supreme Spirit,
because He is in all hearts.

The entire Universe is condensed in the body,
and the entire body in the Heart.

Thus the Heart is the nucleus of the whole Universe.

The problem is, James Swartz has never had and remains disconnected from any contact with the 'Supreme Spirit,' the connection to the Awareness that is All That Is.
It's there, even in him, but is left alone, pushed away into a corner, ignored, and beaten down.

So is Swartz "heartless" in a spiritual sense?
At the deepest levels, nobody is, not even him.
But behaviorally, in thought, word, and deed, yes.

James Swartz is 'heartless.'

So perhaps my friends' surprise was well founded.

Posted by: Allowance ()
Date: January 19, 2024 06:21PM

Visiting for the LOLs

As expected, Traveller is still using his comical headline style, and it's just the same people again.

Nothing substantial.

James is certainly living rent-free in Traveler's mind.

Gotta love how when the views/comments are high on this thread, Traveler twists that to mean that it's because James is so horrible, yet when they are low, he also twists it to agree with his agenda against James.

This thread is some sort of circle jerk. A very small number of people writing so many posts because they feel somehow burned by James Swartz.

I wonder what kind of nutty response my post will trigger from Traveller. Will he think I'm James again?

Good luck, guys. Hope you all get over your issues.

Posted by: corboy ()
Date: January 19, 2024 11:50PM

Thanks for giving this discussion a free bump up :)

Date: February 01, 2024 11:37AM

Two Responses --

One to 'C. J. Allowance',
Twisted Thinker Who Could Be JAMES SWARTZ

and another to

A Message from Sundari to Sliming World

Two posts above, a person who calls him/herself Allowance, who might be James Swartz (the "circle jerk" allusion would seem quite good proof), uses (no surprise) reasoning that is hard to understand.

In the past I've mentioned I log in infrequently just to make sure the James Swartz topic is still on page one of the Cult Ed Forum Message List. Allowance doesn't understand that placement has NOTHING to do with number of viewers. Whether viewed by one or a thousand, the newest posts always go on top. Lot's of new posts means the James Swartz topic moves down the page rapidly. When that happens, I write a post, or perhaps someone else does, and it's back at the top.

The number of Viewers? That's different. I wrote posts here on Oct 08, Oct 30, Nov 29, Dec 28, Jan 03, and Jan 09, mostly in response to messages I'd received and, as mentioned above,to keep the James Swartz topic on page one. Recently, each post has received an average of 300 plus views.

Most certainly, the numbers of writers of posts about James Swartz has dropped off. As I pointed out in my recent posts, thankfully many of them have healed. They've resolved their anger and feelings of betrayal at having been fooled by the dismal spiritual fraud (and pedophile rapist) James Swartz, and have moved on.

I continue to write, though. Once a month, or more if friends e-mail me things like what is below. Why? It's not as necessary now, I know. James Swartz is now a name that has an asterick attached. He's 'the controversial James Swartz.' He's 'the accused rapist James Swartz." He's the person who furrows peoples' foreheads when they hear his name.

But newbies still exist. They need to be warned. And I also promised Heather that I would never abandon the campaign to reveal her truth and all it brought forth.

Plus, as mentioned above, in the last six months each post on the James Swartz topic has gotten over 300 views. Three hundred people read about James Swartz and his crimes (for which he has never presented a defense, since he has none) every time a new post comes.

How many defend him? Recently, zero. None. Unless Allowance is not James or Sundari. What do you think?

However, onward to this message's primary reason for being written.

---------------------------------

A friend forwarded a Sliming World message to me. I took away, as could be expected, some unhappy impressions. Part of the message is copied below, but first three of my take-aways from it:

-- Sundari claims to teach in a "technical, scriptural format as we always do."
What scriptures? James Swartz is a proved mangler and mis-translator of sacred scriptures. He's written "translations" which omit things that show his own teachings to be bogus.
And, technical? Technical? Yes, that's really how spirituality should be "assimilated."

-- Sundari's taking the lead more and more because James continues to falter falter physically and mentally. This is a mixed blessing. Sundari's shown herself to be a different type of egocentric, angry spiritual teacher than James, perhaps preferable only because she's not a proved pedophile rapist.

-- There is mention of the Baxters -- "who are both psychologists, their professional knowledge will be of great help in this regard," the topic being
"the jiva identity i.e. duality, or mithya." Psychology is psychology. Advaita is Advaita. Persons with psychological difficulties are among the hardest students a true teacher every has. Many spiritual teachers, in my experience, will recommend a person with problems seek treatment before trying to move deeper into non-duality.
To make psychological counseling part of your core teaching to me brings the reaction of "What the Hell? Are you serious?"
Part of Advaita is to let go of the tyranny of the mind.
But a damaged or disturbed mind is exponentially harder to let go of.
And there are aspects to Advaita that, as every 'advanced' student knows, can take very strange and dangerous turns in a damaged or unbalanced mind.
So, psychologists? Really?

Except, actually, probably better to hear from the Baxters, whatever they do or say, than from James Swartz and Sundari.

Okay.
Here's the excerpt I just commented on. I wonder how you'll see it.

Sliming World Message from the Bride of Swartz and Swartz himself (maybe).
Dear Friends,

As announced in our previous Newsletter, we have introduced a new two pronged method to our online teaching, with the intention of facilitating the assimilation of Vedanta. We will teach one format where Ramji and I, as well as on occasion other Shiningworld teachers, will impart the non-dual teachings in a more technical, scriptural format, as we usually do. The other approach will be for all the Shiningworld teachers to join in to help inquirers, whether beginners or advanced, with issues pertaining to the jiva identity, i.e., duality, or mithya. As John and Lisa Baxter are both psychologists, their professional knowledge will be of great help in this regard.

All right. That's it for this post to the James Swartz topic in this Message List on the Cult Education Forum.

P.S.
Enjoy your circles, 'Allowance'.
Being in Swartz-world, it's likely the most fun you ever have.

Posted by: Allowance ()
Date: February 04, 2024 09:03PM

Newsflash

It has never been proven that James Swartz has ever raped anyone, and nobody has ever taken him to court for any form of sexual assault or any other type of assault.

Many of the posts, particularly by Traveler, in this thread amount to slander.

Traveler, like his unproven accusations against James Swartz, also has presumed that I am James Swartz, and still says I might be.

Traveler makes all sorts of illogical conclusions, such as that because many people have read this thread, that therefore many believe the accusations against Swartz, or that they will have been warned to stay away from him. For all Traveler knows, these posts could be pushing people towards James.

James is one of the foremost teachers of Vedanta in the Western world. He was a disciple of Puja Swami Chinmayananda Saraswati-ji and also studied with Puja Swami Dayananda Saraswati-ji, amongst others. James has been teaching Vedanta for about half a century.

He has guided countless thousands of people towards the understanding of their true nature.

Apparently, a small, vocal minority may have a chip on their shoulder about him because his wife was nasty to them or he had a political opinion different from theirs. Pretty insubstantial stuff. James isn't the master of his wife, making sure she acts absolutely perfectly, keeping her on a short leash. James is still a human, and the human will always have preferences, some which may not conform to yours.

James' books, videos, and talks have been life-changers for countless people.

He is a giver. So much of his written material is available for free. So many of his video talks are available for free. He spends countless hours going over emails from vedantins, often personally responding to them for free.

For those who want to dive deeper into Vedanta, he suggests scripture to read and swamis to contact.

By the way, I am not, and have never been, a part of Shiningworld. I have never met James Swartz in person, nor over a video call. I know that seems hard to believe for Traveler as he seems to think I'm part of some inner Shiningworld circle or something. I've never attended one of his satsangs, whether in person or online.

James is one of the most dedicated, if not THE most dedicated, teachers of Vedanta I have come across. Even many swamis are not as dedicated as he is. He is constantly, tirelessly teaching.

He was teaching at no cost to any student when many of us were still in diapers, and he has continued to do so, and I wouldn't doubt it if he teaches right up to his death.

He has exposed faulty teachings and helped people avoid false teachers.

You could spend hundreds of hours reading and watching him, without spending a penny.

Sometimes people, like how Traveler makes false assumptions, are bad to James. They don't understand the jewel that is Vedanta which is being presented to them. Some lash out when they don't get it. Some, like rebellious children, want to bite the hand that feeds them. One person, who has posted in this thread, took the kindness and generosity of James and tried to profit from Vedanta and what he learnt from James and Sundari, meanwhile making advances on female students and stealing money from both male and female students.

Jealousy sometimes shows up. James appears to have it all. He's a respected teacher of Vedanta, he's happily married, he has a nice home in Spain. He travels the world as a teacher. He spent serious time with one of the most important swamis in recent history.

Good luck, haters.

Om

Date: February 11, 2024 11:08AM

A REPLY TO --
WHAT?

Ignorance?
Stupidity?
Guilty Denial?
Or Something Else?

This is a reply, point by point, to the post entitled "NEWSFLASH" above.

Any person who has read "Guru? The Story of Heather" and/ or the posts on this message list would not pen such inanities, but...

Why write this? I just finished something important that demanded concentration, and this is easy, almost relaxing. James Swartz's malfeasance and crimes are so proved and obvious that in fact posts like this are easy to write. And they still might help some. So...

Below is the full post above, cut and pasted here in its entirety, with my comments written in using Boldface.

----------------------
---------

It has never been proven that James Swartz has ever raped anyone, and nobody has ever taken him to court for any form of sexual assault or any other type of assault.
James Swartz by all accounts confessed to the rapes through his recurrent and ever-changing lies regarding his history with the (then) 14 year-old girl named Heather. If you haven't already read it, see "Guru? The Story of Heather." That book, and the posts on this site, provide ample evidence.

Many of the posts, particularly by Traveler, in this thread amount to slander.
Slander is to lie and to distort. Have never done that regarding James Swartz. He's a horror show about whom lies and distortions are totally unnecessary. The plain truth is enough.

Traveler, like his unproven accusations against James Swartz, also has presumed that I am James Swartz, and still says I might be.
Traveler makes all sorts of illogical conclusions, such as that because many people have read this thread, that therefore many believe the accusations against Swartz, or that they will have been warned to stay away from him. For all Traveler knows, these posts could be pushing people towards James.
WRONG. Have heard from many ex-Swartz followers how Heather sharing her story, the book, and these posts have impacted Swartz. They certainly have not attracted more persons to him.

James is one of the foremost teachers of Vedanta in the Western world. He was a disciple of Puja Swami Chinmayananda Saraswati-ji and also studied with Puja Swami Dayananda Saraswati-ji, amongst others. James has been teaching Vedanta for about half a century.
LIES. James Swartz is an insignificant spiritual teacher only notable for his infamous crimes. He is disavowed by the lineage of Chinmayananda and Dayananda. Ont true thing, James has performed as a teacher for about half a century. The thing is, he was always a false teacher.

He has guided countless thousands of people towards the understanding of their true nature.
Any worthwhile 'guidance' James Swartz has given people who came to him that was worthwhile was incidental or accidental. Even Hitler got a few things right, like the Volkswagen and the autobahn. So does Swartz. Best thing he could ever do for many is to mention real teachers like Ramana Maharshi and Nisargadatta Maharaj, names which would bring students to some real teaching, especially once they'd left Swartz behind.

Apparently, a small, vocal minority may have a chip on their shoulder about him because his wife was nasty to them or he had a political opinion different from theirs. Pretty insubstantial stuff. James isn't the master of his wife, making sure she acts absolutely perfectly, keeping her on a short leash. James is still a human, and the human will always have preferences, some which may not conform to yours.
Amazing! Some truth here! Swartz's current wife (not his first one, who he drove insane and deserted) has alienated many people. Swartz's political opinions have alienated others. But these matters are inconsequential when weighed up against his RAPES, DELIBERATE distortions and mis-translations of holy books, and his venemous attacks on other teachers (of whom he is jealous).

James' books, videos, and talks have been life-changers for countless people.
Where are they? Have none of them seen fit to defend their great teacher on this site, or on others? Swartz's works can impress the new and the ignorant for a short time, but only a few don't see the lies and corruption within a few months or years.

He is a giver. So much of his written material is available for free. So many of his video talks are available for free. He spends countless hours going over emails from vedantins, often personally responding to them for free.
James answers some e-mails without asking for a donation? Incredible! And what teachers, even fake ones, don't have talks on-line available for free?

By the way, I am not, and have never been, a part of Shiningworld. I have never met James Swartz in person, nor over a video call. I know that seems hard to believe for Traveler as he seems to think I'm part of some inner Shiningworld circle or s video talks are available for free. He spends countless hours going over emails from vedantins, often personally responding to them for free.
That any person would extol Swartz this way who has never met or video-called him beggars belief. Investigate Swartz the way we have, and you could never write such drivel. Read the book. Read the posts here.

For those who want to dive deeper into Vedanta, he suggests scripture to read and swamis to contact.
To repeat, when he suggests his translations of these scriptures, he's referring them to lies, mis-translations, and deliberate omissions of things which refute or question his false teachings.

James is one of the most dedicated, if not THE most dedicated, teachers of Vedanta I have come across. Even many swamis are not as dedicated as he is. He is constantly, tirelessly teaching.
Yes. James has found that he can accrue more "Fame, Sex, Money, Drugs, and Power" by teaching his false Advaita than by any other method, so he's dedicated to it.

He was teaching at no cost to any student when many of us were still in diapers, and he has continued to do so, and I wouldn't doubt it if he teaches right up to his death.
That he'll continue lying, cheating, and ripping people off until he dies -- of that I have no doubt.

He has exposed faulty teachings and helped people avoid false teachers.
Rather:
He has ESPOUSED faulty teachings and helped people avoid BETTER teachers.

You could spend hundreds of hours reading and watching him, without spending a penny.
Likely true. Mind pollution is everywhere on the internet.

Sometimes people, like how Traveler makes false assumptions, are bad to James. They don't understand the jewel that is Vedanta which is being presented to them. Some lash out when they don't get it. Some, like rebellious children, want to bite the hand that feeds them. One person, who has posted in this thread, took the kindness and generosity of James and tried to profit from Vedanta and what he learnt from James and Sundari, meanwhile making advances on female students and stealing money from both male and female students.
James is not Advaita. To appreciate Advaita fully and to despise the acts and teachings of James Swartz are not contradictory.
And imagine -- a student of James made advances on female students! How terrible! Were they fourteen? Did this person drug these female students? (If not, James didn't have a very good protege, did he?)

Jealousy sometimes shows up. James appears to have it all. He's a respected teacher of Vedanta, he's happily married, he has a nice home in Spain. He travels the world as a teacher. He spent serious time with one of the most important swamis in recent history.
That's a nice twist on a perverted life. He's actually a disavowed and disfavored teacher, married to a woman with whom peace seems an impossibility, has indeed ripped off people to get money for a home in Spain, and he did meet for a short time the teachers he claims to be a disciple and annointed follower of, though, to repeat, these lineages totally disavow him, and his activities with these teachers are proven lies.

Good luck, haters.

Om
This ending shows that the writer really doesn't understand what "Om" means -- but how is that a surprise?

Posted by: Valma ()
Date: February 11, 2024 07:33PM

Nice to read your comments Traveler99, thank you

One must wonder why someone who claims as follows:

By the way, I am not, and have never been, a part of Shiningworld. I have never met James Swartz in person, nor over a video call... I've never attended one of his satsangs, whether in person or online.

seems to be so dedicated to defend JS or even be the right person to trust about telling the public who JS is and what he teaches!

Besides calling "haters" those who dared speak out differently out of their own experience of the teacher in question..

Current Page: 74 of 75

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.