Posted by: Traveler99 ()
Date: March 05, 2021 03:36AM

Two Things--
Absolutely!
After reading the accounts of
"TheSpare", "Earthquake", "Dis-illusioned", "Valma",
and the other SWartz survivors and Commenters
(Not even to mention Heather's experiences,
or all that has otherwise been found in research)

Who could want to have James and Sundari in their lives,
let alone have them as Spiritual Teachers?

Plus,
An aside about Politics and Spirituality.

Good gods.

Holy Shiva!

Reading the posts of Stan, EQ, DI, Valma and the other SWartz survivors in the last few pages of posts is enough in itself, isn't it?

Even without Heather's accounts, the book "Guru? The Story of Heather," and all of the posts examining the evidence found by my fellow researchers and myself regarding James Swartz and "Shining World,"-- Yes, even without these,
WHO AFTER READING THESE POSTS COULD EVER TRUST JAMES SWARTZ or SUNDARI
as any sort of reputable spiritual teacher?

As one friend messaged me, "Damn, Trav. These recent posts show that James and his wife are as F---ed Up as anybody, and maybe worse! You'd be nuts to see them as any sort of wise mentor or spiritual guide."

Who am I to disagree with such a pin-pointedly accurate assessment?

On a related note-- Politics and Spirituality.

Nobody has polarized the spiritual scene politically like Donald Trump.

In the "good old days" of WWII it was easy to see Hitler as evil and Gandhi in India as good.

Now, good and bad politically seems much less clear.

Some very sincere spiritual people have been torn by what they see as a huge incongruity. They see that spiritual persons such as Jesus, Buddha, and Gandhi ememplify love and compassion. They see this generous and charitable nature as a hallmark of a true spiritual person's life.
Then, they see and hear spiritual persons mouthing support for a person they see as a rapist, a racist, and a criminal.

The "Cognitive Dissonance" this results in can be almost physically painful.

Plus, the issue of Trump is made even more difficult by the whole QAnon conspiracy theory. As seen by some non-members, "QAnon perversely sets up a guy who enjoyed screwing underage girls as the heroic slayer of evil pedophiles, and casts Hillary Clinton and others as Satanic child-bedding cannibals." Non-QAnon members see this as "insane," as "ridiculous." The QAnon folks I know just ask why these doubters don't care about sex-trafficked and murdered children.

This huge conflict has not just happened inside of the circles of James Swartz and Shining World. One teacher that I will name who has come under fire for his political views is Francis Lucille. His statements regarding putting Hispanics who cross the border into concentration camps, and more, have brought him into a very negative light among persons and groups who used to highly respect him.

There is another teacher, though, one I've known for going on twenty years, who has also experienced discord in the ranks because of her politics. Opposite of James Swartz, she became an early QAnon person. She, while not liking some things about Trump, couldn't stand the thought of voting for someone as horrible as the demonic Hillary Clinton.

I knew nothing about this particular teacher's political views until a friend called me, and e-mailed me, almost frantic. This person had loved this teacher, and felt totally betrayed. Here I will cut and paste from his verbal and e-mail messages (which came in over many months):

Pasted together quotes from a Friend
Trav, how can she support Trump?? Trump is a racist. He's a rapist. He bedded at least two underage trafficked girls that we know of! Trump is against any measure to save the environment and the planet. He's in bed with dictators, and only does things which help the super rich! He's a bankrupting cheat as a businessman, and has never paid his fair share of taxes to the country which he supposedly leads. He wants to cut Social Security, and to take away Medical Care from those who have nothing else. He separates families and puts children into cages!

How the hell can my 'Spiritual Teacher' support this monster?

As much as I could, I gave perspective to my friend. I tried to relay the words of one teacher for whom I have the utmost respect. That teacher had told me, when I had similar questions, "Trav, spiritual wisdom does not always bring about special or correct insights regarding the relative world."

I say that I tried to relay this because I only partly agree with that myself, and even this wise Teacher seemed to be stretching to be as lovingly generous as he could be given the situation.

Of course, as a true spiritual teacher, that's what he does. He is lovingly generous in all ways always. (In fact, nothing shows the pitiful truth about SWartz as a spiritual teacher than a comparison to this man.)

Politics... Maya. Samsara.

My friend left his teacher. I neither encouraged nor discouraged his choice. I could understand his reasoning, and knew where his heart was.

His teacher? She's a person who "when she's on" is great, but this does not seem to be a 24/7 thing for her. She teaches love and compassion, but supports someone who, certainly to my friend, seems to be the antithesis of what she espouses.

Nobody said that things would always be easy.

At least there are some good things that have come from this whole Politics and Spirituality "controversy."

One of the best is that some of the fallout from this "debate" certainly helped Stan, and likely others, to fully see the truth about James Swartz, Sundari, and Shining World.

For that, anyway, I for one am grateful.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: James Swartz—What is the Truth?
Posted by: earthquake ()
Date: March 06, 2021 07:21AM

As a traditional teacher of Vedanta, the subject matter that I teach, and my lineage is not about politics, as an example. Although there are aspects of worldly subjects (duality) that is adhyaropa - deliberate superimposition to set the stage to withdraw that = apavada. So that there is subject matter of advaita.

The subject matter of a traditional teacher of Vedanta is advaita. This means that as a traditional teacher of Vedanta, another's political views is none of my/our business. It's not in the remit of a traditional teacher of Vedanta to try to use teachings to coerce or manipulate others to fall into line with that they 'think' is best. I'd go as far to say that a teacher in our tradition does not go down the lines of who or what is best at all. For very good reason. The reason being freedom. Freedom to chose. We are not allowed, and have no reason to, prohibit students from having the freedom to make their own minds up. And there is no need to justify their own legal choice in anything that is dualistic. It is their own business.

The difference in whatever version of whatever people are involved in, and traditional Vedanta is that because it is taught in the traditional manner, it is protected from these incursions. It's why I can be open about my own political views and it is no business of traditonal Vedanta. No-one in my lineage even mentions it. Who cares? It is not the subject matter of advaita, so we don't speak about it, never mind even attempt to use teachings to control one another. That is wrong, hopefully my own example shows that control that Shiningworld is waging on others. And this is because of this idea that one knows better than another...

...The raison d'etre of traditional Vedanta is freedom. Without being controlled. No control or coercion from teachers or those in responsibility to get you to agree with and fall into line with their ideas of subject matter that is not of the Vedas. Vedanta. Because of this, there is less likehood to sit in judgement of something like someone using their right to choose in politics.

I've got no right, nor authority to do that. If I did, I am putting myself forward as knowing better than another. I cannot quantify that and could not justify that. Everyone is allowed to make their own choice politically freely, and also to critique anyone they want. But for traditional Vedanta, and SWartz trying to say he is that. No, we don't do such actions as he has. We don't' eject students for using their free will to make their own choices, and we certainly do not then publicize the ostracising. There are many people in Shiningworld that are now afraid to be open about their political views. That's not proper in democracy, and would not be in tradtional Vedanta. Of course such control and manipulation are symptomatic of cult-like organisations.

Date: March 12, 2021 02:13AM

My Frantic Friend
Writes Again!

More about Advaita, Politics, and Choice,
Swartz and Trump,

(and I'd like this to go away!)

My friend who wrote to me frantically saw that I'd used his message as a part of my last Post here. Partly in response, he wrote again.

He's never met James Swartz, but he's read the "Heather" book and paid attention to this Forum. We talked on the phone about everything. I told him he should open his own thread here, or sign up and contribute himself, but he demurred. Finally, I agreed to share another (and I hope the last on this subject) message from him here.

Here goes:

Message from "Frantic Friend" regarding Politics, Advaita Vedanta, Freedom, and...
Trav,
I read the post by Earthquake about politics, Advaita, and freedom to choose, and saw where he was coming from.

However, I noticed that he left "Compassion and Generosity" out of his Post. To me, without those being an inherent part of any teaching, the teaching becomes at best questionable. As many have noted-- Advaita Vedanta, taken the wrong way, gives a 'freedom' to be a Nihilist and to excuse any and all behaviors. Taken the way James Swartz, based on the book by Devon Adler and on the accounts on this website, has taken it, Advaita Vedanta can give an unscrupulous person a license to rob, steal, rape, and... anything!

Perhaps this is why the deepest aspects of Advaita Vedanta were kept "secret" except for advanced students for many centuries. Maybe this is why the Buddhists have their precepts and work to the same truths in a more gradual way, so only those who come to a true Realization--one which brings about Compassion and Generosity, to use your terms-- will come to understand things at the deepest level.

As I told you, to me the supreme irony is that James Swartz became upset with some of his students because they were Trump supporters. To me, Donald Trump and James Swartz are "two peas in a pod." They are both liars, corrupt, cheaters, practicing sex criminals (although now too old to keep this up), and are both interested in self-enrichment and self-aggrandizement more than in anything else.

Why does Swartz dislike Trump? Perhaps the mirror image is too bright for him to face. It could also be that Swartz is too daft to see that he's actually condemning himself as he criticizes Trump for doing all that, on a smaller scale, he himself does.

I lost my teacher due to her political beliefs. You are correct. I couldn't reconcile her spiritual teachings with what she held to politically.

However, I also agree with "Earthquake" and Stan. Politics are better kept away from spiritual matters, as Ramana Maharshi, Jesus, and the Buddha certainly maintained.

I am better now. As you have done, I will join no more "groups" and will take no "vows" with any teacher. However, Spiritual Truth will forever be my "path."

Okay, there it is.

My concern is that all of this Political "stuff" is a detour from this Thread's main purpose, which, from the beginning has always been:

James Swartz--What is the Truth?

Swartz would love it if Stan, EQ, and people like my Frantic Friend debated about Trump, or held back due to political disagreements. May that not happen.

May politics be left alone from here on out, except as an illustration of how Swartz wants a Cult Leader's type of control over "his" followers.

At least, that is my hope.

Date: March 12, 2021 03:37AM

Traveler99
-------------------------------------------------------

>
>
Message from "Frantic Friend" regarding
> Politics, Advaita Vedanta, Freedom, and...

> Trav,
> I read the post by Earthquake about politics,
> Advaita, and freedom to choose, and saw where he
> was coming from.
>
> However, I noticed that he left "Compassion and
> Generosity" out of his Post. To me, without those
> being an inherent part of any teaching, the
> teaching becomes at best questionable.

Hey, that's cool. My post was very specific, that we - Traditional Vedanta - are not interested in mixing politics with it. We cannot. An Infinitesimal amount of things could be said to be left out, as I was being specific about one point :)

The post is the position of traditional Vedanta, we don't criticize or judge anyone spiritually over politics. It is not that we allow people that freedom, it is that it is their right. This freedom is born out of respect that others think different. It's not compassion as we are not providing some lofty service. It is every individual's legal right, and traditional Vedanta is not going to attempt to make people's lives worse by using spiritual teachings against them in a way that implies they are lesser, or inferior.

Regarding generosity, there was no mention of that either as it's not valid in the context I was writing. We're speaking about the right to choose in democracy that has been earned over centuries. Generosity doesn't come into play in regard to the context of my post.

Traveler99
As many
> have noted-- Advaita Vedanta, taken the wrong way,
> gives a 'freedom' to be a Nihilist and to excuse
> any and all behaviors.

It's important to say first that a person is responsible for their own actions of course. If the teachings have been correct, there is less likelihood of this. This happens because of inaccurate teachings that leave out crucial parts, so whatever the person thinks they know, goes to their head. If I can put it like that. This kind of thing is documented in traditional teachings dating back millenia, and was what the ancient Rishis dealt with. The point of traditional Vedanta is that is taught traditionally. This is important as the teachings are set, and have been refined over many centuries. The teaching tradition (sampradaya) has evolved using best practice, over a considerable amount of time, predating the path you speak about below, by millennia. It doesn't mean it is 'better', the point is that traditional Vedanta knows what it is doing. :)

A traditional Vedanta teacher will not take responsibility for someone's else' behaviour. As traditional Vedanta itself won't. Be it teacher or student. And this is because the teachings are very specific to give freedom, responsibility and accountability. These are within many teachings, but some know-it-all people think they can teach, and as they have not completed training, or have not understood, they leave things out and go for the 'badge of honour top prize'. It doesn't work like that, and it isn't a 'top prize' they have, though they think it is. If the readers recall, what a Swami in India told me a few months ago in regard to Enlightenment sickness. It does not exist in our tradition. It does in Shiningworld it seems, and that illustrates my point.

Traveler99
>
> Perhaps this is why the deepest aspects of Advaita
> Vedanta were kept "secret" except for advanced
> students for many centuries.

It depends what you are talking about, and what teachings. The information age makes many things available nowadays. Sadhana is a progressive path, one starts at the beginning, and moves forward, for good reason. There is a progression to spiritual practice in traditional Vedanta.

There are foundational requirements that are expected to be in place before sadhana even begins. These are the value of value, and also the qualifications, including the six virtues. Even before Vedanta starts. Within these foundational teachings are what way a person should strive to be, and how to cultivate right living. Like I say, if this is not taught properly, and appreciated also by the student, then there may be problems. Who knows...

Traveler99
Maybe this is why the
> Buddhists have their precepts and work to the same
> truths in a more gradual way, so only those who
> come to a true Realization--one which brings about
> Compassion and Generosity, to use your terms--
> will come to understand things at the deepest
> level.

You are making a comparison in regard to the expediency of traditional Vedanta, and the more lengthy time of Buddhism. That is fine. Yet Buddhism can be taught improperly also. Lets be honest, TheSpare was a deep into Buddhism for 40 years, and he also became aware of the Abbot molesting students. I assume the Abbot was in Buddhism for a long time. Though what's my point? That the actions of some, do not necessarily have relevance to the path, whatever it is. You mention precepts, Traditional Vedanta also has set ways to live by.

Traveler99
> My concern is that all of this Political "stuff"
> is a detour from this Thread's main purpose,
> which, from the beginning has always been:
>
>
James Swartz--What is the
> Truth?

It certainly alienates in this topic, I know others have said they don't wish this digress. :)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/12/2021 03:45AM by earthquake.

Posted by: TheSpare ()
Date: March 12, 2021 04:47AM

My apologies for the delay between posts. I`ve been very busy and have also been answering the many people that wrote to me since I was kicked out of the Shiningworld community. I was surprised to notice that all of the people who approached me were supportive without exception ...so far.
I never knew there was such a large groundswell of strong discontent. It`s not so much about the shiningworld material available, but James and Sundari themselves.
James has said that there is a small group of `bottom feeder` trolls that love to wallow in their joint misery and diss him but, he has no idea of how numerous the disaffected people are ! I didn`t until recently. many people feel abused by him and Sundari ranging from teachers he has endorsed to even quite new students. this number seems to be rising all of the time from what I have learned.

To continue my story of the ten years I spent with Shiningworld, I would like to briefly list the positive comments about me made by James and Sundari. I will then list the negative comments they made about me after I was censured so the two can be contrasted and compared.

I will make a following post concerning the actual point of disagreement ie `Trump and Vedanta` and will follow this with one or more posts . these posts will show some of my my personal dealings with James and Sundari during my time with them.

Within my final post, I will show why I no longer believe them to be wholly honest teachers to be trusted. it is not just because I was `cancelled` and smeared by them . there is a bit more to it than that, which put the final lid on it for me.
What I am doing here is giving a history of how I started with Shiningworld through to how it all ended for me in an objective a way as possible. I have ten years of emails on record to back my memory up.

So, with appropriate blushing, some of my praises from James and Sundari taken from my emails. firstly, Sundari ...

" Thank you for sharing the end of your nididhysana experience. I think it’s awesome that Isvara has scrumptiously recruited you as a Vedanta teacher! You are perfect for that svadharma. Your knowledge of the doctrine is faultless, you understand the heart of the doubt, and you have great compassion for the folly of humanity and all the weird ways it plays out. Plus you are very intuitive about where people are coming from and can empathize with them. Why don’t we put you up as an official teacher on SW? Do you have the password to post your satsangs on the website? If not, we will ask Hagai to give you one. All the SW teachers have one. " Sundari

" We both treasure you in our lives and could not imagine SW without you in it! " Sundari " Ramji has been filling me in a bit with how invaluable your help is, we are both so grateful Stan." Sundari , "Thanks for the news on the social media front, so glad you are still our man there ". "As for announcing and formalizing you as a teacher on Shiningworld, that is entirely up to you. As far as we are concerned, you already are. We are happy that you are on board and the timing of making it official on our website is not important. I think many people see you are very much a part of SW, which you are. You have literally been a godsend to us.".

" The Vedanta pramana is a progressive teaching for good reason, as you know, it must be given that people’s qualifications vary so much. You were highly qualified when Vedanta came into your life, so you did not need the cause and effect teaching. But it’s important to understand that not many inquirers are. "
I quite regularly must help inquirers with this point, especially the way Ramji teaches, which is constantly ‘jumping’ from the Self’s to the jiva’s level, without warning. It drives some people who are not facile enough to make the leap, totally crazy! All this is no doubt preaching to the converted and the highly competent, so please don’t think I think you need to know any of this stuff!! " Sundari

" Ramji is so relieved that you are handling the orders for him - and so am I! " Sundari

And some praises from James ....

" You're great, Stan. Pranams. You hit every nail on the head. Moksa is one's nature, not an event. " James.

" The new site will have the look and feel of the old one, it will just me more well organized and efficient. If everyone was as dedicated and reliable as you, I'd stay with the old site...I'm a bit attached to it...but cést la vie. "

" Sundari read me the email you wrote her about teaching Vedanta. I think you should. "

" I trust you completely. ". " you are quite excellent, I can`t fault you. "

Posted by: TheSpare ()
Date: March 12, 2021 04:59AM

.Since my disagreement with James about mixing vedanta with politics and the Trump issue in particular, I have received nothing but damning indictments from both James and Sundari. a complete about face. the six satsangs they put up in shiningworld about me are full of misleading half truths , smears and sorry to say, outright lies. ? My words in the satsangs were edited, omitted and used in a way that hides their real meaning. There are both lies by commision and lies by omission used to distort what I really intended to say. If the truth would be known, it was a crude `Hit piece` used to discredit me as much as possible.

Why ? because they knew I had intimate knowledge of so many of their dealings . Frankly, they panicked and thought I would go after them when in fact I had no such intention. It`s ironic because for the first time in my association with them, they gave me reason to point out their failings. I experienced them at first hand and so knew for sure that they really could act in an adharmic manner if it suited them.

Here are some of their negative comments about me ....

" Not only has this person lost all discrimination if ever he had it, which is unlikely, but he also has clearly never developed the capacity to evaluate and fact check information and sources, i.e., no critical thinking skills. " Sundari.

" This person and those like him do not understand that the conclusions they are brandishing can’t be reached from the data they’ve glommed on to. They cannot see that their information is corrupt or simply wrong because it is totally biased by their tamasic thinking. They believe what is ideologically convenient and fits the framework of their fear-based worldview, shaped by unconscious samskaras." Sundari.

" The teacher we unendorsed is a good person basically, and pretty harmless. He is a good person who tries to live a good life. ..... If the mind does not have critical thinking skills and the ability to discriminate between fact and fiction, self-inquiry is not possible. Moreover, and more importantly, people whose minds have been radicalized in this way justify breaking dharma ". Sundari.

" Although we’ve known each other for ten years as Vedanta people, I realized I don’t know you that well because we never met in person, just through emails and occasional Skype chats."

" I don’t know who “allows” you to criticize anyone or anything except yourself. " James. I couldn`t resist putting this in for the sheer irony of it Lol ...

" Stan went down the conspiracy rabbit hole " James.

" We have not exposed the name of the teacher whom we recently unendorsed as it is not relevant, and to do so would be following the same adharmic route he took, which is not who we are. " Sundari.

" there is no way to converse in a sane way about the issue because he inhabits an alternate ‘factual’ reality." Sundari.

" It seems you really did swallow the Kool Aid." James.

" .... slagged us off without provocation and then had the temerity to complain when Sundari delivered the results of his actions. Some karma yogi! You'd think he'd be grateful for Isvara's take on his sorry behavior. ". James.

" A less lofty mind than mine might be tempted to see a bit of racism there but, hey, he's enlightened, sees everything equally. " James.

" His attempt at revenge does not affect us, but it certainly affects him." Sundari.

" He helped us online with the trolls and haters attacking James and Shiningworld, who have formed their own little toxic nest on the internet. The victims club. Now it seems he is one of them." Sundari.

" He was a close friend and we once trusted him. But if I had my way, I would have left his name on my satsang. Make what you will of that what you will. " Sundari.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/12/2021 05:09AM by TheSpare.

Posted by: Dis-illusioned ()
Date: March 12, 2021 06:32AM

Gooooooood LORD!!!!!

As I read the first post, it resonated. I felt warm and tender that they “saw you.” (even within the flattery and the coochie-coo bits) :)

The contrast of the second post, is RADICAL.

Whaaaaaaat?

Never mind how adhamric it is, how can the left hand not know what the right hand was doing??

There’s a saying that talks of: “speaking out of both sides of one’s mouth?”

It usually applies to saying contradictory things to different people, about someone.

Speaking out of both sides of their mouths, to the SAME AUDIENCE is a little nutty.

We love you Stan! The “victims club”

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 03/12/2021 06:34AM by Dis-illusioned.

Date: March 12, 2021 07:13AM

TheSpare
Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> .Since my disagreement with James about mixing
> vedanta with politics and the Trump issue in
> particular, I have received nothing but damning
> indictments from both James and Sundari. a
> complete about face. the six satsangs they put up
> in shiningworld about me are full of misleading
> half truths , smears and sorry to say, outright
> lies. ? My words in the satsangs were edited,
> omitted and used in a way that hides their real
> meaning. There are both lies by commision and
> lies by omission used to distort what I really
> intended to say. If the truth would be known, it
> was a crude `Hit piece` used to discredit me as
> much as possible.

This is exactly what they did to me nearly three years ago. Isabella Swartz and James, collaborated and Isabella authored an incredible twenty-three page e-satsang about me. My personal life, my challenges, my spiritual practice, etc. She then honed it into a 16 page e-satsang which was published.

In that e-satsang it read as if I was a complete basket case. I was took out of context, timelines were re-arranged, and incredibly spiritual teachings where included that they accused me of ignoring to make me look worse in that satsang. Even though I have/had never been taught those teachings! Lmao. I wrote about it on this forum abour a year ago, revealing what they did. And here were are again, TheSpare saying they treated him the exact same.

I wrote to both of them, only to realise they had included, without my permission, others into the email exchange I was having, sharing my own personal business with others. Some that were students also, and one that is the bloody IT admin, lmao! It's a psychological tool used in gaslighting - I was isolated and it was made known to me, that my peers were witness to my personal and public flogging. The effect was traumatic for me, and I did become ill, including physically vomiting. I told them in email, and I was gaslit further by James Swartz for having falling ill. I still have the emails.

In conversations between Isabella Swartz and I, she acknowledged that she had not spoke factually at times, but it was made clear that I was to accept this as a teaching, I was to accept that they had a right, as my teachers to publicize lies about me. In the end, the truth mattered more to me. But perhaps one can appreciate now, why I be very careful and precise in my context with this crowd.

I went on to tell them that they don't have permission to publish lies about me, and I threatened in email to publish their fiction, alongside what was actually said. The linear conversation between myself and them read a completely different story. And the e-satsang was removed.

I've kept the 23 page satsang. The effect of what was done was traumatic, and there's still residual there. I don't mind saying, i'm simply an ordinary persona after all. After all that has transpired since, I laugh about their actions now. So predictable, and it the really sad thing is that it will happen again to others. Though, Here's egg on your face James Swartz... hahahahahaha... ;)

Date: March 12, 2021 12:36PM

WOW!

The last few Posts
Illustrate so much of what
James Swartz, his spouse Sundari,
and all of "Shining World"
Exemplify,
of what they Stand For.

Yes, Close Contact
with James and Sundari
Results in:

Distortions and Lies,
Physical Pain,
Intense Vomiting,
Public Shaming and Blaming,
Personal Betrayal,
"Disaffected persons"
and "Persons feeling abused"
beyond the numbers of which James "has any idea."

Just the last few Posts, ones from Earthquake, Dis-illusioned, and Stan, sort of summarize the whole (besides Heather) "Shining World Experience."

Along with the terms and phrases used from EQ's posts in the Headings above, let's do a quick review of a few of the responses sent by Shining World (James and/ or Sundari).

In Blue are the messages sent to Stan when he was a willing, non-confrontational, and loyal member of Shining World. In Red are when he had experienced the (virtually inevitable) falling out with James and Sundari.

"I think it’s awesome that Isvara has scrumptiously recruited you as a Vedanta teacher!"

"Not only has this person lost all discrimination if ever he had it, which is unlikely, but he also has clearly never developed the capacity to evaluate and fact check information and sources, i.e., no critical thinking skills."

Your knowledge of the doctrine is faultless, you understand the heart of the doubt, and you have great compassion...

"He helped us online with the trolls and haters attacking James and Shiningworld, who have formed their own little toxic nest on the internet. The victims club. Now it seems he is one of them."

Then, in an ironical statement as noted by Stan, James writes:

" I don’t know who “allows” you to criticize anyone or anything except yourself."

Of course only James and Sundari, who are quintessential examples of exalted, non-judgmental, non-critical spiritual sages of the highest order, could issue such a proclamation. Has anyone ever heard James or Sundari being critical of anyone or anything?
(In case one is new to this forum, please acknowledge the satire in the above. James Swartz is infamous as one of the most critical of all "spiritual teachers.")

As Dis-illusioned noted so well, and could be applied more broadly:

Dis-illusioned about James Swartz and Sundari of Shining World
Speaking out of both sides of their mouths, to the SAME AUDIENCE is a little nutty.

I would only quibble with her phrase "a little nutty" regarding James, Sundari, and Shining World.
In my experience with them, and in my research of them, I would evaluate them as closer to "absolutely bonkers" than to "a little nutty." However--

Amazing! Sundari, apparently,
did get one thing Correct!

Sundari inadvertently made a huge accurate statement regarding herself and James in what she meant to be an insult. She called those who had left Shining World, and those who reported about it (the last part would include me), "The Victims Club."

Yes, Sundari. Those who have been members of "Shining World," or who have helped to reveal the truth about James (before your time and during) and you with Shining World can indeed be classified as "Victims." And as Stan pointed out, there are many more out there who are willing to share their (unhappy) feelings than James or you have an idea.

Thank you for this admission, Sundari--
for acknowledging the fact that James and you are Abusers who victimize those who come under your sway.

Date: March 18, 2021 11:29AM

The Full Story

In a final effort to get the truth admitted, I contact the woman who said I committed those illegal acts toward her, last month. I asked her one final time to admit what was going on in our messages. (She was not ever a student of mine, and she was not ever a student of Vedanta, for a start). She refused outright and also laughed (in email) when I told her I had reported her to the police. She then sends me a large email and threatened me that something was going to happen to me over the next year or two. She then said she was blocking me forever.. I sent a quick reply telling her to not bother gaslighting. What is it with these people? She, RV, the Swartz' and their groupies come on here and do the same. it's everyone else's fault, nothing is any of their faults. Have you noticed that according to all of them, their s*** smells of roses. They have never accepted any responsibility for anything, about anything.

This is the full story of what went on. Although it's the first time I'm being so candid, I've intimated heavily on this forum many times, by my choice of specific words. As always there is various proof available for anyone. And I would invite Swartz and any Shinignworld student who believes what he wrote about me, to have a bit of honour about themselves and contact me for the proof. If you fail to do so, that's evidence enough you are being taught s***. We would not be so close-minded in actual Vedanta. There's no hero-worshipping. Anyhow...

We had begun to form a romantic connection over time, and it was very pleasant. I liked her a heck of a lot. There was a real friendship, and it developed into a romantic/sexual connection. We even spoke on Facebook messenger of me going to Canada to see her, and we spoke often of just holding one another. that was perhaps the nicest part, for we understood one another deeply. There was a real, tangible connection. I would have crossed the ocean to just sit with her no problem. To tell the truth, the connection we had was beautiful. The conversations were mutual, and as we were connecting in intimate ways like mutual exchange photograph's spoke about, and we had beautiful phone calls. intimate, but not always sexual. Highly personal, and there was a real closeness. We bonded so well together. It was truly a nice time. Intimacy cultivates connection, and two people with an ocean between them that are regarding each other romantically, well one does with what they can. We had quite a few discussions about it. Such things are fine between two consenting adults. And as a householder Vedanta teacher, I am not bound by celibacy, but it is still a good example not to break the law. As I've already mentioned, she was not my student or involved in Vedanta. So there was no problem We both agreed that we would exchange photos. She was working up to that. She told me, "I am super curious to see them." regarding mine. A few days after, the subject came up again in Facebook messenger, and I offered to send what we both wanted. She replied; "No, don't send them right now, I'm in hospital and my Dad is here, later is fine." There was a baby in the family. A couple of days later they were sent. We carried on talking for another month after that. Then the subject came up again, and she began to have a reaction at that time accusing me of sending her unsolicited nude photos. My immediate response to her in Facebook Messenger was;

"It wasn't unsolicited. We had spoken before, and you said you were 'super curious' to see them. But you were at hospital. It wasn't unsolicited".

The woman had shared some of the conversations with my students and others to try to ruin my role as a Vedanta teacher, but she only shared a small amount of the whole conversation. The parts I have just mentioned where mutual consent was she did not include. She also did not include her speaking of sending me photos. If I was less of a man, I could stoop to that level and release her explicit messages, but I have refrained from doing that to save her embarrassment. I've deliberately done all I can to not embarrass her by outing what she said publicly. I kept my counsel for a while over this, though I always hinted at this here in the forum in the way I worded things. it is a terrible thing to get accused of something sexual in the wrong. I have known men to kill themselves over it, only it to be found out later it is lies. People must not accuse others wrongly in this 'genre'. such things can follow one around in their community. it ruins peoples lives and mental health.

The lady wrote a piece about me and began to pass it among students. There was an attempt to isolate me, from my students and my Guru behind my back. It did not work, as I had the support of my Guru always. A student told me that my lineage was informed of the accusations and I burst out laughing. I told her what the reaction would be, and she did agree it was a certain way. The damage was done by the ex-student who wrote to Swartz drunk, this is the account RV I refer to on here. This person and that woman tried to impede students learning, based on a Vendetta. I had offered the ex-student Vedanta telling him to not even donate, for 14 months. I would call him at 1 am my time for private classes, as he was getting up for work in Japan. And not accept a penny. I know of no other teacher in Vedanta that would do this. He was freely offered everything I knew and had. And I don't regret it. He was perfectly happy to have teachings with no offering of anything, but the moment I suggested that the price of a cup of coffee might be offered, he had a meltdown. As one of my admin, he waited until I went to bed and spoke about me, his teacher, in a lineage online 'classroom'. Group rules were broken by him by sharing another's personal life without their permission on a social media platform. This included an attack on my daughter. I had gone to intervene in her life, 6 months before she died. I went to get her from an apartment. And I was assaulted and had to defend myself, with police support. I was placed under threat and I was in hiding over this and asked for help with anyone I knew, so I could be out of the area. I asked my ex-student RV. After all that I gave to him, and with my life in danger, he took offence to me asking for a £50 loan to get home. He even accused me of lying in that piece he wrote in my group. So I showed the horrifying facebook messages that my little girl begged me to go help her as she was getting beat up. There is nothing RV won't do in his nastiness, and I feel sorry for him. all the hate he has, for everyone, including God. I help him with the latter, but he has created his living hell. The police gave me an armed escort in three cars, 80 mile home, which is a secret address. That would be the last time I would see my daughter alive. She was really upset. She had secretly messaged me on Facebook that she is getting beat up, so I went and stopped that, having to fight with 8 people in the street, and getting kicks to my face. The last thing she spoke to me about, she was really upset, as she knew the danger I was in. She begged the police to take me away for safety, but they could only take one, so I got them to take her, and I walked on foot. Always looking behind me. The bad people chased us, but my son and I got away. Still, I managed to get her into police custody for safety. I never saw her again. She was found dead in the place I tried to get her away from 6 months later. Anyhow, this ex-student, RV, decided to use parts of this story against me in front of Swami online. RV also accused me of being on cocaine as I had a runny nose. Absolutely everything he could he thought. He used every event over the last two years, no matter how silly it was, to make accusations. I think the nutter had been secretly making a dossier about me over that time. He accused me of making false claims that a well known American Swami was my Guru and he even wrote to him about me! The latest troll account on here used a little part of the SWami's email and put it out of context on here. They just can't help themselves twisting what is true. I have exact emails from Swami saying he is my Guru, lmao. It doesn't matter, I have four Gurus anyhow. per our tradition. Different Guru for different points.

Anyhow, RV was banned from the FB group, and I kept his topic accusations in place, and took out the personal stuff, per group policy. I invalidated the attacks on my teaching, in front of Swami in the group. What happened afterwards is that the Swami endorsed me. Similar to what happened when Swartz wrote about me and ordered me to stop teaching. And I have continued to have that support. He then teamed up with this woman and behind my back, they tried to get students and Swami to walk away from me. Initially, it seemed to be working that was because it was being done behind my back, but in the end, it failed. I did not lose any students, but they tried their best to negatively impact students learning, based on vindictiveness.

Even after the photos were sent to that woman, things were fine between us. She asked for money she loaned me. I explained I lost my job and was relying on village charity and I backed that up with screenshots. She told me in an email that was fine. I was amazed to see an email from her a few days later demanding the money. I repeated what we had only agreed, but she was very upset. I now know that RV had begun to speak poison to her. She wrote to Swami saying I had ghosted her with no explanation of when she is getting paid back. Yet I have emails from her after she wrote that letter about me! She had lied about that, just like the photo context. I contacted the police in her country, but they do not allow individuals in another country to make a complaint. It has to be local police. I then filed a report with the Police Service of Northern Ireland. They ended up ringing me five times. But the first time they told me that they cannot investigate this as she is in another country, that I have to report it to them. I told them they are saying the same thing. Here is a verbatim excerpt of my online police report which I have saved;

Police Service of Northern Ireland Incident Report
PSNI: Tell us what happened in a few words:

Me: I am being harassed online by a woman in (location withheld)

PSNI: Full details of the incident:

Me: A lady in (location withheld) is harassing me online. She has been writing to people that I sent her unsolicited naked photos of myself. She has told people, and now they are also publishing things. This lady told people in a private exchange, and I have also been in direct contact in email with her. I have insisted she goes to the police (location withheld) but she is refusing. The police will be able to check Facebook Servers and see that I Didn't send anything unsolicited.

Because of my past, and I was well known in the criminal justice system, what I was effectively doing was informing the local police of a crime that I have potentially committed. You won't be surprised to hear that the local police investigated this. If I sent unsolicited naked photos in this county, that is a crime under the UK Telecommunications act. It is also legally a sex offence in the UK. And is investigated here. It is punishable by a maximum of 6 months prison in the magistrate's court or 5 years in the crown court. I was a gang leader in the past, the police said in court I was a 'coordinatior of crime' in an area comprising two towns and one city. The police made two phone calls to me in which I knew I was being investigated. Everything I have told you here I told the police. I told them I sent photos and explained the context. They grilled me on whether she was underage as we had never met, and I explained how I knew she was not. They asked for her name and contact details, which I gave. After some weeks they rang me back. They were not interested in talking about the photos. So go figure. They were very interested in whether James Swartz was still publishing about me. He is one of the biggest fools I have ever met. Swartz made a big thing in email with me, educating me on how much it would take to get someone to court. He goaded me as he knew I could not afford it. What he foolishly doesn't understand himself is that if you publish lies about someone more than two times, under UK law that can be regarded as harassment. And that is a criminal offence. My complaint to the police was about harassment. He may know libel law as he has been accused enough online, but I know criminal law. I told the police that he had stopped, but if it resumes then I to contact them again. If something is true it is in the public interest, but if it is not true then it is malicious and that is harassment. Because they have told lies about me works for me. Swartz didn't do his due diligence, and he posted material about me that is provable lies. He's left himself open to criminal proceedings. If he posts lies about me again, the police can bring proceedings. Know it all Swartz also told me that it is really hard to get court judgements enacted legally internationally. He is wrong again. I have been in contact with the company that hosts his website, Godaddy. Godaddy USA has written and told me that they will comply with a UK court judgement concerning Shiningworld should it be issued. I'm tempted to feel sorry for how often he is proved wrong.

There is one last thing that I will speak about. I will just say how it is, and you can draw your conclusions. I am certain sunny Jim never knew this either. The woman who accused me of illegal sexual acts has also accused another spiritual teacher before. They got close and she accused him of sexual things. She refused to go to the police about this teacher also. This isn't hearsay, as she told me the full details herself. So this is the second time that she is accusing of a teacher she got romantic with, of making inappropriate sexual advances to her, and the second time she has refused to go to the police. That is all I can factually say about both these times.

Current Page: 61 of 75

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.