Re: Byron Katie (the Work) and Eckhart Tolle Legit??
Posted by: Jay Cruise ()
Date: April 15, 2009 10:08AM

I have been putting her philosophy together slowly which I will try to relay as I understand it:

To use another example, in a child sexual abuse situation, she turns the abuse into an act of compliance by the victim. Where is the choice in this instance? No one unless they were at breaking point would resist something as trivial as cleaning garbage if they had a gun pointed at their head. She admits this. The choice is irrelevant and is her way of justifying her point of view: The victim is ALWAYS to blame.

"...when you discover your own part in the event, however small - your innocent compliance with the act, for the sake of love or in order to escape worse harm - let yourself feel the power of owning that part, and feel how painful it is to deny it. Then take the time to forgive yourself for any pain you've inflicted on yourself. The identity that's left after that may not feel like the identity of a victim at all. (p. 250)" [forum.culteducation.com]

If being sexually abused pisses you off you become THE perpetrator of your own victimization. Which is what you should be doing... until you don't. You create your own problems.. but only all of them. Double bind, Bleah!

So with that in mind if someone were to be raped they should accept the reality of the situation. I am being raped. It's only when I believe that I am a victim and that my perpetrator did something wrong that I suffer. The actual perpetrator is neither right nor wrong.

"This is not about making a right decision or a wrong decision. The abuse continued. How do you react when you believe the thought that you'll be beaten or sent away? Night after night, he came into your room when your mother went to school. Give me a reason to keep this story that is not stressful inside you, or rape-making." [forum.culteducation.com]

Nazis killing Jews.. starving children.. is all just reality. Byron Katie's version of reality.

Moral of the story is: don't believe your thoughts and you won't suffer. This she claims is better than going to a professional therapist. [www.youtube.com]

What this does to a person I shudder to think.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Meadow ()
Date: April 15, 2009 03:40PM

About Steven Sashen:
Check this out: [www.duhism.com]
It looks like the guy loves to hear himself speak, and thinks he is very funny.
I actually heard that at some point BK threw him out herself, after he had been working for her. She used to make fun of him behind his back.

Byron Katie, VOLUNTARY Nazi death camp prisoners, were not victims...
Posted by: The Anticult ()
Date: April 15, 2009 03:49PM

This material by Byron Katie about the Nazi's, is very important. Its a motif Byron Katie has used for many years, in many ways.
Why?
Solea's comment above is right on the money. The only adjustments I would make to that, is to not call it a "teaching" story. A Teaching Tale, is used to help people heal, grow, and learn.
Byron Katie is using the symbolic Story method, but to do the opposite of teaching, its destructive Diseducation.

But like everything Byron Katie talks about, its never REALLY about the literal subject matter. Its about the symbolic meaning to YOU, to the viewer, to her people.
This Nazi story actually explains what Byron Katie means by "Voluntary" in regards to her people.
She is saying, that if you are in a Nazi concentration camp, that following orders under death/torture is "voluntary" and there are no victims. This is how sick she is, to use that example. Byron Katie is literally saying in the face of horrendous torture, and murder, your behavior is still "voluntary", and that there are no "victims" in genocide.
So she is also saying by analogy, as pointed out before, that the 900 deaths/suicides/murders by Jim Jones orders were also "voluntary".
In Byron Katie's stories, everything is voluntary, there is no such thing as coercion, or even extreme persuasion, and thought-reform.
(but notice that does NOT apply to her, read her disclaimers where she takes ZERO responsibilty for anything). [forum.culteducation.com]

This is why she says everything done to people covertly at her LGAT seminars is "voluntary".
Hey, she says she believes following orders as a prisoner at a Nazi death camp is also "voluntary".

So what does that mean to her people?
When you take her LGAT seminar, and she is using up to 100 of the most powerful mind control and thought reform techniques on earth, on innocent people who know nothing about it...Its your fault, not her fault for deceiving people, and tricking them.

It means the people who are "working for free" for Byron Katie for years, her unpaid "staff", when they are persuaded to "take out the garbage", and then feel resentment for being used as unpaid labor in a for-profit company, its not Byron Katies fault for deceiving and using them. Its your fault.

Her message to her people, who have had the most powerful covert techniques on earth used on them, to get them to do things she wants them to do... is to NOT blame Byron Katie for deceiving and using them, but to blame themselves for having their consent engineered.

Byron Katie does not even believe in coercion, or even mass influence, when it comes to YOU. If you are lied to systematically, its your fault.
And at the same time, she refuses to take ANY responsibility for anything that she does, that may harm others. Of crouse, she doesn't really believe that there are "no victims", otherwise she would apply it to herself, which she does not.

So the solution is very clear, in dealing with Byron Katie and those like her, who literally believe they can do anything they want to people, especially those who are unaware of what is being done to them.

People have to FIGHT BACK in an extremely powerful way.
Don't let Byron Katie, or anyone, box you into their mental concentration camp, and influence you to do their bidding.
Learn the exact precise techniques they are using on you, and fight back, very powerfully. Speak up, speak out, fight back. She obviously believes she has the right to do anything she wants to do to people, using any method she chooses.
So the only way to counteract that is with blowback, and to expose everything she is doing to people. This can be done at seminars, right out in the open in the mic, and to the media. After all, she doesn't believe in victims, so she cannot object.
As a matter of fact, BK members and those who know what is REALLY going on behind the scenes, have a moral obligation to speak up, and tell the public what is happening, by posting the facts on the internet. Since BK doesn't believe in victims, then she literally can't object.

Frankly, Byron Katie's Nazi material should be reported to the Anti-Defamation League, so they can take a look at it. Byron Katie has no right to make public examples of people who were mass murdered at the hands of the Nazi's.
Victor Fankl, who was in Nazi death camps and thus had a right to talk about it, spoke eloquently about human freedom in the face of murderous tyranny.

Byron Katie's thought-control system, is literally a type of mental concentration camp, sold under the guise of freedom.
The Nazi concentration camp Auschwitz had a slogan at the gate..."Arbeit Macht Frei", which translates to, Work Makes You Free.

Where have you heard those words being used? The Work and Freedom?
The irony is that the work system by Byron Katie, is one of the most deceptive, constricting, and damaging thought-reform techniques on the market today.

Do a survey of attitudes of sociopaths, and see how they view "victims". They literally view victims as being the perpetrators, exactly like Byron Katie says.
Byron Katie has just redefined the word "victim" and "voluntary" out of existence, to give her free reign to conduct her live human experiments in extreme persuasion engineering. How far is she willing to take it? Very clearly, as far or further than anyone has to this point.

Jay Cruise
Recently on youtube someone posted a Byron Katie video titled "Living in Scare-City": [www.youtube.com]

Katie expands on her ideas about victims, nazis, identity and altruism and shows what a truly alternate universe BK followers live in.

Firstly her nazi quote:

"So a Jewish (?) camp full of Nazis and they want me to clean up the garbage. I am free. I do not have to do it. I'm free. They can torture me and I still don't have to do it. I'm free! If I want to live I might clean up the garbage. But who makes the decision? Who made the decision to clean up the garbage? And then I blame them for making me do it! I made me a victim in that moment. I'm not about right or wrong here I'm into reality."

With that in mind I'll go back to her victim quote. Only the victim victimizes themselves by their own actions, hence the true definition of victim is false. It begs the question: what is her definition of violence? :

"Victims are the only violent people, and I have never met a victim... a true victim. I've met people who believe their thoughts and are very confused. But other than that."

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/15/2009 04:02PM by The Anticult.

Date: April 15, 2009 03:49PM

Just realized that it doesn't mention his name anywhere on the site (www.duhism.com), but the guy in the video is Steven Sashen. Such a transparant marketing trick. Do they really think people are that stupid and would fall for this?

Date: April 15, 2009 04:31PM

A piece of information came to my ears.
Recently BK was invited by some people to come to Hawaii for a 4-day program. BK was charging them $ 80.000 to come and do this event. They withdrew the invitation.

Re: Byron Katie (the Work) and Steven Sashen
Date: April 15, 2009 04:33PM

looks like Steven Sashen was trying another marketing gimmick, trying to use comedy as a sales-tool to create a fake-guru, to promote his personal coaching.
Comedy is great, when done by comedians who are funny, not when done by salespeople to try and make people feel at ease to get them to purchase their overpriced coaching services.

What is ironic is that there is nothing funny about what is being done to people, by these BK people.

If its true that Byron Katie fired Steven Sashen from his non-paying "voluntary" BKI "staff job", and that Byron Katie used to make fun of him behind his back...
That would explain a few things....like the other exaggerations and self-promotions.

Byron Katie (the Work) and Nazi's, there is no such thing as evil
Date: April 15, 2009 04:49PM

Here's another quote of Byron Katie from another blog, about Nazi's and evil, from Losing The Moon.
Of course, there are other meanings going on at the same time. But its clear that Byron Katie literally does not believe in "evil" or anything like that.
Jews are like "grass" to Byron Katie in her Nazi story.

All of this appears to be a rationalization for Byron Katie to do whatever she wants to do, without any guilt. After all according to Byron Katie, there is no moral, no immoral, no good, no evil.
Beware of people who don't believe in evil. There are plenty of human who do evil things. Speak to people who were working in Rwanda at the time of the Rwandan Genocide, for example.

But this is why Byron Katie does what she does, with no remorse, and no guilt. To her, there is no such thing as truth or lies, no such thing as evil or morality.

If people get disabled or die from suicide from PTSD triggering and flooding, that is mere grass in the fire.
This thing has not even come close to hitting bottom, unfortunately.

QUOTE: from Losing The Moon, by Byron Katie

Friend: I don’t get it. Yet.

BK: The (Nazi’s) family is the flower. The grass are the Jews. How many times a day have you done it? If you bend down and start getting intimate with the grass, like if you’re out for a couple of weeks — the grass becomes your whole reality, your family… the mind starts attaching the whole Nazi good guy/bad guy thing onto the grass. And it will start its whole world there again with an inanimate object. Because it’s only the concepts that appear to live…

Friend: You take the Jews away from the Nazi, he’s going to start persecuting one of his family.

BK: Exactly. There’s nothing sacred — only the concept arising in the moment. That’s what we hold sacred, that’s what we worship, until we don’t.

BK: There never has been evil and there never will be. Evil is simply a story about what is not… Evil is the story of what you think nature should be and what goes on in it, and it keeps you in the illusion of fear and separation… It’s got to be very dramatic to keep it going, otherwise there’s only peace. Like who would you be without it? Peace. And grace.

Date: April 15, 2009 04:55PM

About the cockroach story.

I know someone who was in touch with BK just a couple of years after her alleged experience. He told me that there was never any mentioning of the cockroach, but BK used to talk a lot about her 'lady'. She used to have visions of a lady who was like a guru figure to her. It is mentioned in Cry in the Desert. Later on in that book she tells how this lady was only her own projection. In those early years there weren't any of the questions either. Apparently the questions came years later, probably after she had been attending lots of workshops, been studying books, and figured out how to make a living out of this. Isn't it interesting how they now give a completely different version in her bio on her website: Katie's process of self-inquiry, called The Work, didn't develop from this experience; she says that it woke up with her, as her, that February morning in 1986. The first people who did The Work reported that it had transformed their lives, and she soon began receiving invitations to teach the process publicly.
What they call "she soon began receiving invitations..." is more likely to be about 8 years later.

It could be that the cockroach story was first mentioned when they started working on Cry in the Desert. Weber almost does a better job than Mitchell in elevating BK to a very high spiritual platform when she makes a comparison between BK and Christ. But I can see why Mitchell is so desparate to have all the books disappear, the story contains so much conflicting information compared to what they want people to believe now.

Re: Byron Katie (the Work) and $100,000 a day in income
Date: April 15, 2009 05:13PM

Meadow
A piece of information came to my ears.
Recently BK was invited by some people to come to Hawaii for a 4-day program. BK was charging them $ 80.000 to come and do this event. They withdrew the invitation.

$80,000 for 4 days is cheap cheap cheap for BK!
At The School for The Work, if you do the math, BK easily makes $100,000 a day, with a mere 200 people attending, not including in-seminar sales, gifts, etc.
So of course, there is no money to pay the "staff".

If those Hawaii folks were smart and greedy, like with other LGAT's, the local promoter books the speaker for $80,000, and then tries to sell $250K in tickets. But BK would be too smart for that, it would all be based on the numbers of people attending.
LGAT seminar speakers like BK, always get paid in ADVANCE, and local promoters usually lose money. They often lose their shirts, if not their homes, as they are usually naive true believers.

So they were very wise to cancel her appearance.
Never be the naive promoter who brings in your guru, who you pay in advance. You could lose your home and life savings in one day.

Byron Katie, what came first, the cockroach or the lady?
Date: April 15, 2009 05:32PM

This is all accurate.
The stuff about the "invitations" is more of the specific technical permissive language BK uses.
That is from the "permissive" branch of the new hypnotherapy.
This is why BK constantly says...I INVITE you to do _____.
That permissive invitation, is more powerful than a direct suggestion.

Also, when she says she only went where she was "invited", it draws attention away from her self-promotion and sales.
...and is similar to the Nog character mythology, wandering through life, and the Byron Katie missing book Nog's Quest.
[forum.culteducation.com]
capsule summary of the novel, Nog by Wurlitzer
[forum.culteducation.com]

Its laughable about her going where she is "invited". Look at the hard sales methods on her website promoting her upcoming LGAT seminars, and the email marketing, and getting people to refer friends to get membership bonuses, and countless other schemes.
She is just playing the opposite again, to distract from her sales and marketing techniques.

Meadow
About the cockroach story.

I know someone who was in touch with BK just a couple of years after her alleged experience. He told me that there was never any mentioning of the cockroach, but BK used to talk a lot about her 'lady'. She used to have visions of a lady who was like a guru figure to her. It is mentioned in Cry in the Desert. Later on in that book she tells how this lady was only her own projection. In those early years there weren't any of the questions either. Apparently the questions came years later, probably after she had been attending lots of workshops, been studying books, and figured out how to make a living out of this. Isn't it interesting how they now give a completely different version in her bio on her website: Katie's process of self-inquiry, called The Work, didn't develop from this experience; she says that it woke up with her, as her, that February morning in 1986. The first people who did The Work reported that it had transformed their lives, and she soon began receiving invitations to teach the process publicly.
What they call "she soon began receiving invitations..." is more likely to be about 8 years later.

It could be that the cockroach story was first mentioned when they started working on Cry in the Desert. Weber almost does a better job than Mitchell in elevating BK to a very high spiritual platform when she makes a comparison between BK and Christ. But I can see why Mitchell is so desparate to have all the books disappear, the story contains so much conflicting information compared to what they want people to believe now.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.