Byron Katie, Stephen Mitchell, Second Book of the Tao, anti-Zenites
Posted by: The Anticult ()
Date: April 11, 2009 09:02PM

corboy
There is one in which two seekers travel to find a Zen teacher. The ask the old man,
'What is Zen?'
The teacher refuses to answer their question, as stated.
Instead, he replies, 'I would rather be torn to pieces than darken the mind of a single student.'

no no no!
The real Zen Master should say...
Zen is like a rocket-bicycle to the stars...driven by Mary Poppins and she is a wonderful kind lady full of laughter...and yes her stories might confuse you...but that is just because she is so Zenny and Mary Poppins-ish, so just trust trust her, and laugh with us!
hahahahahahahahah!!!!! hee hee hee hee hee!!!
weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
lets go for a ride to the stars with Mary Poppins kids....liike Michael Jackson and Peter Pan!

and maybe you will be enlightened by a cockroach and NEVER FEEL PAIN EVER AGAIN!
Zen is...we love you deeply, and look deeply into those Sparking Eyes...that is Zen.
Zen is love, Zen is being robbed at gunpoint and LOVING it. Learn to love to be robbed, that is Zen.
Zen is about confusion, and running huge corporations and making millions a month, so much money its too confusing to count it.
Zen is about face-lifts and getting your teeth capped by Hollywood dentists....

That is the Zen of love-hate...you can't understand it...its so confusing, but come and join ouf family of love. It only costs $50,000 a year in voluntary donations to join our family...and we'll only kick you out and socially shun you if we feel like it!
and don't forget...Love is a Murderer! Get that divorce!
Katie also says that Nazi murderers throwing live babies into firepits are "God" too!
hee hee hee hee!
;-) kisses and hugs....

...it feels good to have joined this new lifeong family, doesn't it?
You can check out but you can never leave the sorcerer.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/11/2009 09:10PM by The Anticult.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Byron Katie (the Work) and Eckhart Tolle Legit??
Posted by: corboy ()
Date: April 11, 2009 09:09PM

Watts is not much of an advertisement for Zen, let alone Zen and psychotherapy.

Watts was not trained as a therapist. He was active in the 50s,

He didnt do Zen sitting in a monastery. He missed out on the ethical foundations (Bodhisattva Precepts) that real Zen practitioners are mindful of.

And..Watts had lifelong problems with alcohol, screwed around and left behind a series
of ex wives and many many children from each of the marriages.

He was a very bright boy who never really grew up (similar to Timothy Leary and Werner Erhard)-- but was a brilliant writer and networker.

And dont get too impressed about his being on faculty at the Asian Academy.

Jeffrey M Masson was studying Sanskrit as an undergraduate at Harvard, in the early Sixties. He met Watts.

Once, I spent a few hours with Alan Watts, who was visiting. He looked at my bookshelves and said he was surprised at how many different kinds of books I had.

'Later that evening he gave a lecture about Buddhism. At one point, he used a beautiful and striking metaphor that he claimed was from the Chinese Buddhist canon.

Masson wrote, 'I was sitting with Masatoshi Nagatomi (Professor of Buddhism at Harvard at that time) who told me that this metaphor was definitely not to be found in the canon.

I asked Alan Watts about it after the lecture. "Where did you get it from?" It was clear he read no Chinese.

"I invented it" he said without shame."

Jeffrey M Masson, My Father's Guru, page 157.

Watts talked about Buddhism and of Buddhism but was NOT a Buddhist, not with that kind of indifference to truthfulness.

From Massons vignette, I'd dare say Watts name dropped Buddhadharma to serve his own ego. No wonder he was an inspiration to so very many others, such as Werner Erhard, who used Buddhism as a source of confusion techniques that could be disguised with exotic trappings.

Yet he was complex, because other very good people were influenced by Watts but after becoming practitioners they switched over to better material than Watts initially provided--and they did not live as he did.

That is how Buddhism has been turned into something that has darkened many minds.

Date: April 11, 2009 09:15PM

whoops, also forgot to mention, the Zen Master then also has to sign you up to their telephone Zen coaching session, only $150 a half-hour. Guaranteed to create more confusion, lifelong.
no refunds, guaranteed.
oh, and buy the zen DVD's too. and the CD's.

Speaking of Zen sticks, one can think of several uses for a Zen stick, for these anti-Zenites.

It would be awesome, to take a nice long bamboo Zen stick, and then get some "Zen" classes from these idiots. But first, they sign a contract stating you are allowed to hit them with a Zen stick everytime they lie.
There is some nice imaginal therapy.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/11/2009 09:20PM by The Anticult.

Posted by: corboy ()
Date: April 11, 2009 09:23PM

My favorite imaginal exercise is to remember that the clenched fist, middle finger
extended upwards is the Sword of Manjushri, the Buddha who cuts through illusions and bullshit.

Posted by: helpme2times ()
Date: April 11, 2009 09:36PM

The two-fingered peace sign flashed in the U.S. is used in England to mean "up yours". :-P

Date: April 11, 2009 09:54PM

time to book a Zen coaching hotline lifelong LGAT seminar session.

Some people will bring the Bronx salute, others will bring flexible bamboo Zen sticks.
After they voluntarily sign the contracts, where they voluntary admit that any hits by the Zen stick are voluntary and that its all voluntary experiential learning...
then its time for a real lie detector test.

Re: Byron Katie, Stephen Mitchell, Second Book of the Tao, anti-Zenites
Date: April 11, 2009 09:58PM

this link is very good..people talking about multiple Stories, its exactly what BK does.

I invite you to read it now, and you can even now imagine the joy you feel having already read it.
Which reminds me of a story, I once knew this very wiseman, and he told me a long story that was told to him by his teacher...but before we get to that...

The Anticult
At that level, they tell "stories within stories".
These have been called Nested Loops, in NLP and hypnosis. [www.nlpconnections.com]

Re: Byron Katie (the Work) and Zen, Bernie Glassman
Date: April 11, 2009 10:26PM

This morning I read an item at imdb.com about the actor Michael O'Keefe ("The Great Santini", "Caddyshack", the TV show "Roseann"). It says he's penned a novel about Batman.

As I read the item, I vaguely recalled that Michael had been involved in a cult way back, so I checked out his bio.

Joined a sect called The Way when he was 15.

Is a Zen Buddhist.

Became an ordained Zen priest in 1996.

Student of the Zen Master, Bernie Glassman.
Bernie Glassman? Why did I have a sinking feeling he's in some way connected with Byron Katie?

So I did a Google and it turns out Bernie supports "The Work":

“Byron Katie's teachings and everyday life are pure wisdom. Her Work shows us the way to inner peace, and she directs us there, fearlessly, relentlessly, and with utmost generosity. I have rarely seen anyone—spiritual teachers included—embody wisdom as powerfully as Katie in her passionate embrace of each and every moment.”

Re: Byron Katie (the Work) and Zen, Bernie Glassman
Date: April 11, 2009 10:47PM

anyone else feel there are way too many self-annointed western fake Zen priests running amok?
like, how many do we need?

QUOTE: "Bernie Glassman teaches about what his teacher, the late Taizan Maezumi, called the "unknowing." Unknowing is the first precept of the Zen Peacemaker Circle, and Glassman says of it, "In Zen the words source and essence are the equivalent of Unknowing, and they come up again and again. We have the absolute and the relative perspectives about life, and Unknowing is the one source of both of these."

Dharma transmission...my asp.
Yes, its all about knowing Unknowing...absolute relative...in deep trance now...

these guys can see a gravy train from miles away.
Bernie Glassman even takes his Zen yuppies in to eat the food of those in need. What grandstanding...why not pay for some dental work for those in need instead of eating their food?

Sounds like Byron Katie copied that "homeless encounter" method from him.
Pay thousands to have an encounter with people in need. Its really absurdity to almost comedic levels. what a country.

QUOTE "Bernie Glassman has become known for his many "street retreats." Author James Ishmael Ford writes, "...'street retreats,' for instance, moves sesshin into the streets: participants eat in soup kitchens, and, if they know they're not displacing homeless people, sleep in homeless shelters.."

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/11/2009 10:57PM by The Anticult.

Re: Byron Katie (the Work) and Jenny McCarthy
Date: April 11, 2009 10:54PM

Another thing I've just checked into... actress Jenny McCarthy and "The Work".

Recently we discussed an article about two women attending a Byron Katie event: ""Fast(ing) friends meet for detoxifying treat".

In the article, the author said she thought she saw the actress Jenny McCarthy in attendance, wearing sunglasses.

It likely WAS her, because here is Jenny McCarthy promoting "The Work":

[[url=http://beauty.beflossy.com/?p=400]Jenny McCarthy's Fave Beauty Tips[/url]]

Jenny McCarthy recently spoke to Shape magazine about her favorite things.

They included:

Chanel Soft Touch Eyeshadow in Platine and Silvery
“They complement my eye color without making me look overdone.”

Nana’s No Gluten Cookies
“I have one at night with tea. They’re wheat -, dairy-, and sugar free and delicious.”

Who would you be without your story? by Byron Katie
“I want the world to know about Katie. She’s amazingly spiritual and enlightening.”

MAC Lipglass in C - Thru
“I like the nude shades because wearing color would call attention to the fact that I have no lips.”

Crest Toothpaste
“I’m a crest girl. I take very good care of my teeth every day.”

Tom’s of Maine Natural Sensitive Care Deodorant
“I’m allergic to all scents, so I love this fragrance-free deodorant.”

John Varvatos Goldtone Aviator Sunglasses
“They’re Jim’s, but I wear them too.”

Stella McCartney Eco Stilleto Boots
“When I wore these to Sundance with Jim, I got about 20,000 compliments.”

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/11/2009 11:00PM by helpme2times.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.