Re: "Jesus Christians," "Australian cult," Dave McKay
Date: March 09, 2011 11:50AM

Dear Stoic,

I apologize...however may I ask where McKay is "back in business"....Are there new postings on the JC web-site? I was unable to locate them. (Which thread might they be in....)

...it's diffcult to judge how "damaged" Dan might be emotionally....where he to have been in the company of McKay, I would say that definitely he would have scarred, having "learnt" that it was only possible to escape constant public ridicule if he internalized the hatred and deceit that McKay peddles, ...and then santimoniously, whined in front of McKay how the JC's are despised for the sake of the "love" they dare show to the world...

....however many of the individuals in the JC's (e.g Alf, Fran, Robin?) would seem to be likeable enough gentelman to me(where they have the freedom to briefly look out from behind the "cult mask" that they usually need to subsume their own personalities under....a possibility when McKay is ranting and raging to himself, on the other side of the globe)..I suspect Daniel would subconciously emulate them rather than his own father's behaviour (Roland doing little more than sighing to himself and wishing he had had that vasectomy a little earlier???)...

In relation to the "curriculum" Dan has exposure to....if Dan was looked upon as just another of "Daves' newsboys" (obviously McKays' perspective!) who needed to be distributing his quota of McKay's drivel as quickly as possible....his education would suffer....you'd really need to be able to meet Dan in order to be able to judge....I agree with Apollo, that Roland and Sue, would both lie through their teeth in order to give the cult, the most positive PR spin....hence their own direct comments cannot be trusted....although wasn't Hello "infering" that they put more time into their son than David thought "best" for him, by reading "between the lines" of their comments to her?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/09/2011 11:53AM by Malcolm Wesley WREST.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Stoic ()
Date: March 09, 2011 04:44PM

I am really not keen to post links to him, but these appeared on Monday:

[jesus-teachings.com]

[jesus-teachings.com]

The change in tone from his previous abusive slagging-off of all critics to more or less straight sermonising (the persecution complex still shows in places) hints to me that he is trawling for new fish now--who are probably easier to hoodwink--- rather than expending effort trying to re-convince some of the old ones. We saw how well that worked out on the xJC's.

Danny has to find his own way in the world now, and I agree with you that most of the JC's --away from Davejc--are probably well-intentioned, pleasant people who would--away from Davejc-- otherwise be beneficial influences. But they do live in a 'Davejc thought world' that is unrealistic and can only continue to exist as an isolated bubble cut off from the rest of society. Picking his way out of that blind alley is not going to be easy or straightforward.

The JC's can only teach him what they know--and what they know is the world according to Davejc.

Date: March 09, 2011 06:58PM

Dear Stoic,

Thank you!

(...if you prefer in future...PM these details and then, as you rightly remark, there will by no unintentional "promotion" of him)

Hmm....well he could be "trawling for new fish", or just be bored out of his mind.....I have read that individuals who simple "retire" from their "lifes' work" (whatever that may be) to then do "nothing" frequently die young....hopefully a fate that might await McKay.[www.thelocal.se]

The "isolated bubble" (in my opinion, ..I respect the fact that you may disagree) of JC's has been well and truly pricked now....from your knowledge of them, how many times did they participate in Catholic Worker protests while under the (mis)direction of McKay....I suspect not even once.

(David would see the "leaven of Herod and of the Pharisees" (political activism and involvement with the established church) as rivals for the attention of his flock....hence, privately, derided them as "misled" to HIS flock).....)

The recent involvement, even if you don't care for the Catholic Workers, is indicative of some "game changing" new circumstances for what remains of the JC's....I've, for example, met Cairan O'Reilly on a number of occasions, and would consider him an outstanding "role model" for Danny...

McKay is "dead" now (in terms of his commitment to the wider community) and his "influence" over them will surely wane, as they mix with folk, that they were previously denied access to...

The length of this process is the only question for me....and I'd still put in the vicinity of a year (the end of 2011 then).....they won't have entirely abandoned the "ideas" he sold them...however they'll be quite comfortable, openly ignoring him....

Posted by: Blackhat ()
Date: March 09, 2011 09:04PM

I too have spoken with people who have met Cairan O'Reilly, and all reports of him are that he is an outstanding man, someone who should get some kind of award for service to Earth and those who dwell in it....just my own observation for what it's worth.....Davejc is most likely convulsed with envy that Roland and Sue have hooked up with him....he is everything Davejc would like to be, except he is for real,....

Date: March 09, 2011 10:52PM

Davejc is very likely bored out of his mind with only Cherry left as a faithful follower. Narcissists--and he is without doubt a narcissist---cannot survive without a gang of followers bolstering their overblown egos at all times.
Davejc cannot survive on his own, even in a government funded retirement. He will be looking for converts to reflect his glory back to him until the day he pegs it--which cannot come too soon, IMO.

Cult leaders tend not to 'retire'--because they are unable to function without the faithful followers, it is a symbiotic relationship. And they rarely have a change of m.o.---because they do not have the capacity for that flexibility of mind. Their arrogance does not allow them to admit that they may have been mistaken, or to have taken a wrong road.
Davejc has been at this for a lifetime and will continue because he doesn't know anything else except posturing as the Apostle with a hot-line to god.

I hope he doesn't find too many fish and doesn't hold onto them for too long--but there are always temporarily confused people looking to be led by a confident bully who pretends to have 'The Answer.' He'll find a few lost souls, more's the pity.

Posted by: Apollo ()
Date: March 10, 2011 03:34AM

Cairan O'Reilly is just another common criminal. A common criminal who costs we the tax payer a fortune. He doesn't work, he doesn't contribute to our society and as far as I can see he is a danger to the British Armed Forces. This is a man who encourages the destruction of state defence property. He can **** off back to Australia as far i'm concerned.

Posted by: Apollo ()
Date: March 10, 2011 03:40AM

Dave's recent postings show that he's in the market for fresh meat. There was no ''disbanding'', it was all just another lame attempt to fool his critics. I'm sure his victims/followers are still out there preaching on our streets. I think the old sweetie wife has been trying to regroup after that humiliating episode on the xjcs forum.

Date: March 10, 2011 08:05AM

Dear Apollo,

...even were Ciaran to be a "common criminal"....I'd still see him as an improvement upon that extraordinary criminal McKay....however we may just need to hold different opinions here, in relation to Ciaran.....I'd happily see the UK's Tornado's employed to blow the entire Libyan Air Force out of the sky ..a process that would certainly lead to deaths.... If I flew into Marham, would I be able to mount one of the Mauser Guns on a Cessna 172? If so, I could go ahead and do it myself.....Ciaran would likely argue that the I'd only be making myself part of the problem by doing so (while I was busy scratching the nozzle to record all the days' "killls"......)

I do agree with you that if the victims/followers are out on the streets preaching servitude to McKay...that they are still effectively "in".....I do wonder though if that's happening now anywhere to the degree that it once did....any reports of them distributing, anywhere.....(even if quietly?)

Date: March 10, 2011 09:04AM

Thats the problem with the 'peace at all costs' position--there is always some opportunist bullyboy willing to take advantage.

'Si vis pacem, para bellum'---If you wish for peace, prepare for war, the motto of the Royal Navy is attributed to Vegetius, a Roman from the 4th century who wrote a military treatise.

Nothing much has changed in human nature since then to invalidate his observation.

When I live in a perfect world I will be a peacenik too--until then I think these Australian peaceniks should confine themselves to destroying Australian war machines--we'll see how long the peacefulness lasts when their country is defenceless.

Tyrants prey on the vulnerable, Davejc just as much as Gaddafi. Maintaining power is about keeping the lower orders vulnerable and defenceless--so Roland and Sue can shove their preaching unless they're willing to do it in a country like Libya where their freedom to protest is not protected by the civil society of law and tolerance that they sponge off for a living.

I'm with Jessep here, I don't give a damn what they think they're entitled to:

[www.youtube.com]

And no, Tom Cruise, $cientologist, can't handle the truth either.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 03/10/2011 09:10AM by Stoic.

Date: March 10, 2011 10:26PM

Dear Stoic,

I have no doubt that you are completely right in relation to Roland and Sue (I am mystified by what visa that they might hold which seems to permit them indefinite stay in England..could be worth an enquiry...the merest minor indictable offence (trespass) would otherwise seem to work to invalidate any nature of tourist visa that they might otherwise hold....Rolands' father was of Italian ancestry....Was he able to obtain an EU passport via this?...What was their nationality when jailed in Kenya...that would be their primary identity wouldn't it?)....and that their "right to protest" is used more as a "right to publicize themselves" than anything else....

...absolutely, a clever similie there, Stoic, ...yes McKay would be just another "Gadaffi" himself in the right circumstances....(I think denial of the end of the "dream", that they ruled over for decades, is one trait they both share currently)

I suspect that Ciaran holds an EU passport...which would mean that in order to question the rights of this "peacenik" to protest in the UK...you'd have to question England's entry into the EU.....a difficult proposition, at best.

As for Jessup! Well....I think Nicholas was more persuasive in the Shining...[www.youtube.com]

Gunnery Sergeant Hartmann remains a far more potent image to me......so powerful in fact that I feel I can sleep safely in bed...even without my rifle.

[www.youtube.com]

Thank God for the "Marine Creed".... peace, Amen!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.