Re: "Jesus Christians," "Australian cult," Dave McKay
Posted by: hello ()
Date: March 05, 2011 08:05PM

AbundantLifeNow
Sue and Roland contribute NOTHING but misery and their main victim is their own son, Danny. What kind of childhood has he had? Does he actually attend school every day or have they pulled the home schooling trick that many of these types of parents pull? I am revolted by the neglect and lack of care and concern for this young man and now seeing him pushed forward to become another media toy is sad.

I had hopes when Sue and Roland left the cult of McKay that they would try to lead more normal lives for the sake of their son but I see now they have just cult hopped around looking for some other cause that they could jump onto and get their faces back in the camera lens.

The way Sue behaved on the Wife Swap show truly showed her ugly combative personality and THAT doesn't make for a good mother.

I FULLY support them being investigated to ensure that Danny is getting the care and attention that is required for a young man. Nothing can give back his stolen childhood.

Another crime of McKay.

Hi AbundantLifenow ,

I just wanted to give you some reassurance. I also homeschool my daughter. Not everyone's cup of tea , I know. In this country you do have welfare officers regulate you , they're trained to look for any signs of abuse or neglect. Regrettably a few people do slip through the cracks - but there are at least procedures in place. We don't live in a perfect world unfortunately.
I spent some time with Roland and Sue about two years ago. We went for hot chocolates and a chat. They had some time to spare before they picked Danny up from school , which they were fully supportive of.
I agree that ' Wife Swap ' was a mistake. I don't think the participants realise how stressful the experience will be - and from what I've seen of the show , it brings out the worst in practically everyone. Sue did actually apologise for her behaviour on the ' aftershow '.
I believe that Roland and Sue want the best for their son , which is one of the reasons they left the Jesus Christians.
I hope this sets your mind at rest a little.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Stoic ()
Date: March 05, 2011 09:57PM

I don't have any problems with the 'counter-culture scene' that the Gianstefanis have moved into, there are plenty of sincere and dedicated workers for peace in that scene--who do very good and necessary work and produce ideas and initiatives that contribute much to the great overall cultural mix we enjoy in Britain.

Similarly, I think that Danny is getting a necessary exposure to different perspectives in the state education system--like every other person he will have to pull together a way forward for himself from what is on offer to him. At least now he is not confined to the total 'thought world' of the Jesus Christians, with Davejc policing that world like the eagle-eyed predator he is.

The British welfare system is focussed on the children--neer-do-well parents get state help for the benefit of their children, who are held to be blameless and not accountable for the folly of the parents--and should therefore not suffer too much from parental stupidity. So I hope that Danny grabs with both hands any wider educational chances that he gets.

My problem is with Roland and Sue Gianstefani, who are currently so devoid of thinking capacity that they cannot see how they are perpetuating Davejc's legacy of stupidity and confusion.

It will take a lot of time and thought to work through a 20 odd year exposure to such a totalitarian thought system as the one Davejc imposed on his followers--and that Sue and Roland bought into with such enthusiasm.
I don't care if they never work through it just so long as they SHUT UP in the meantime and stop speading Davejc's infantile message of tyranny disguised as freedom.

In this I am reminded of the muslim rabble-rousers posing as 'leaders' who currently reside in HMP Belmarsh--they too came here to fiddle the system--taking everything on offer for free --while conning others to give their lives in trying to destroy the very system that feeds, clothes and houses them, their wives and their children--and all paid for by the working stiffs they are claiming to 'save' whilst blowing them up.

Explain to me, please, how Roland and Sue in their current incarnation as protestors for peace and the destruction of the state--- who have spent 20 odd years begging on the streets and have yet to work a day in their lives--are any different from these rabble-rousers? They are just as much cynical opportunists looking for a free ride who don't care who they damage in the process.

Good job, Davejc. Your legacy lives on.

Date: March 05, 2011 11:33PM

My problem is with Roland and Sue Gianstefani, who are currently so devoid of thinking capacity that they cannot see how they are perpetuating Davejc's legacy of stupidity and confusion.

It will take a lot of time and thought to work through a 20 odd year exposure to such a totalitarian thought system as the one Davejc imposed on his followers--and that Sue and Roland bought into with such enthusiasm.
I don't care if they never work through it just so long as they SHUT UP in the meantime and stop speading Davejc's infantile message of tyranny disguised as freedom.

Seriously, you need to take up writing Stoic....poetically capturing the tragi-comedy here, with such pithy sharpness here.....

Yes they are devoid of the ability to think....in Rolands case (largely the result of his own vanity)....in Sue's case...I think she is too frightened to "think" (it's better now, really NOT to know how she has lost the last two decades of her life...)

.....the "counter - culture" that they are mixing in, (the FACT that they are mixing in it, indicates some degree of freedom from McKay....whose only intention was ever to "purloin" recruits for himself from these circles....a "step up" from the church infiltration tactics of the COG's), will probably benefit Daniel....children so often, having the frightening propensity to be able to see right through the insecurities and weaknesses of their parents......

Date: March 06, 2011 12:02AM

I believe that Roland and Sue want the best for their son , which is one of the reasons they left the Jesus Christians.

Here, I must note Hello's prescient observation...that "Danny" was likely to be a substantive reason for the Gianstefani's moving on.....a brave step that I again, can only attribute to Sue....a hopeful sign, perhaps, that Gianstefani's are not completely "dead", even as we deplore the seeming lack of interest in educating their son....being prepared to leave the JC's in order to distance Danny from McKay....IS a very good staring point for the education of one's child!!

......we of course remember, Robin's comments on their departure, reflecting on "difficult" it was for those with children to completely commit to a community (comments of course that tell us a great deal of the sad nature of the "community" (work detail in McKay's gulag) that the JC's had become...and how childish Robin is, in that he remains so unaware of the import of Christ's command not to turn away the "little children"...for of such are the Kingdom of Heaven....Robin's universe consisting of little more than the boundaries of "thought" McKay has alloted him.....)

Date: March 06, 2011 05:52AM

I also believe that Roland and Sue want the best for their son, but true to form, they have no intention of contributing towards the cost.

A very adult and responsible position to take while they preach at us about our imagined sins.

I hope that Danny makes a good escape because otherwise he will be supporting his infantile aging parents when they get too arthritic to dive into dumpsters. There is no state pension for people who have not paid National Insurance throughout their working lives.

The Texas rose is posting all over as well, demanding donations as she has to eat tuna four times a week and at 57 doesn't deserve that. I think that not earning a living for herself she should be damn glad that she gets to eat four times a week, let alone complain about high quality protein.

These people have really annoyed me. They have entirely missed the point of being alive.

[www.youtube.com]

Date: March 06, 2011 08:33PM

....the "best for their son" is a relative value...however yes, Danny, could easily became one of the "intergenerationally unemployed" ...that you encounter in the trailer parks of the States or the various public estates of the UK (in Aust. poverty is associated with certain post codes, but is otherwise more "fairly distributed").....however I would still like to hope better for him...not that he can just be free of McKay...but that he too, is aware of more possibilities for his own life than than the hypocritical dependance on the excess of the "political-economic system" that his parents, both deride and then live off.....

Boyd and Sheri Ellery would be sterling examples for him to consider emulating....

Date: March 06, 2011 10:30PM

Heraclitus, who was known as 'The Obscure' and 'The Weeping Philosopher' for his doomy, gloomy views but nevertheless came up with some cracking observations, said:

"Nothing endures but change"

and:

"It is in changing that things find purpose."

[www.iep.utm.edu]

I especially like this modern one from W. Edwards Deming, an American engineer who taught quality control techniques to Japanese manufacturers in the fifties:

"It is not necessary to change. Survival is not mandatory."

Posted by: Blackhat ()
Date: March 07, 2011 11:01PM

hello
I hope this sets your mind at rest a little.

Thanks for that, it explains a lot....

Posted by: Apollo ()
Date: March 08, 2011 02:49AM

I don't know how a short meeting over hot chocolates could possibly put anyone's mind at rest, unless you're extremely naive of course. We're talking about two people who are compulsive liars which is a ''skill'' they developed throughout their time with the Jesus Christians. I would rather look at the solid evidence and there's absolutely no doubt in my mind that Roland and Sue have been neglectful parents. Former members who were able to give an eye witness account have highlighted that fact and it also came across crystal on the Wife Swap episode. Dan was never high up on their list of priorities, otherwise he wouldn't have been dragged up in a worn out old moterhome living off scraps from supermarket bins. Unfortunately Dan's childhood has now been and gone and there's not a lot anyone can do about it. In the UK you're basically recognised as an adult at the age of 16 as you're then legally able to leave school and move out the family home. I agree with Stoic that it would be in Dan's best interests to eventually escape this lifestyle which has been forced upon him.

Date: March 08, 2011 05:57AM

Davejc is back in business, preaching on the end-times and no longer engaging his critics quite so personally.

I think he has decided to look for new blood.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.