Re: "Jesus Christians," "Australian cult," Dave McKay
Posted by: Blackhat ()
Date: November 20, 2010 09:28PM

Don't betray a confidence on my account. I know he is banned here. That's why I asked if he could give any clarification on the X site....

Christine has not to my knowledge appeared on this site, and so I know she is not banned either here or on the X site....

that's [jcs.xjcs.org] for the newcomers....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/20/2010 09:36PM by Blackhat.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: zeuszor ()
Date: November 20, 2010 09:32PM

sWord
zeuszor
They still don't get the age thing.
I am suggesting that those who would know, be careful and sure about their calculations.
Let us do some numbers.

A man know to have been born on the 1st of January 1980, would have turned 10 on the 1st January 1990.
Everything that happened to him while he was ten happened during the course of that year.

At the other extreme, if he had been born on the 1st July 1980, then all the events in the first half of 1990, as well as all the events in the second half of 1989, occurred while he was nine. After the milestone birthday anything happening in the second half of 1990, and the first half of 1991, occurred while he was ten.

So the assertion that "A man known to be born in 1980 says he was 10 when something occurred. People will assume and record that it occurred in 1990." will only be always true if it is understood that the people making the assumption and the people paying attention to the assumption, are aware that the man was born on the 1st of January.

In general when matching a year with an age, it is better to assume a discrepancy of + or -1.
So: He says he was 10 at the time -- it was perhaps 1990 or 1991.
Or: He says it occurred in 1990 - he was either 9 or 10.

Thanks for this, sWord. I don't have a problem with genuine poor recollection. But It is important in this matter, that if a person (and let's leave personalities out of it) was for example born in 1965 and they say something occurred when they were 10, that they realize they are talking about something that occurred in 1975. If they were 8, then it occurred in 1973. If they are unsure, it's probably best for them not to say anything, lest they be misperceived as lying about the facts.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/20/2010 09:33PM by zeuszor.

Date: November 20, 2010 09:40PM

Hahaha! You are so funny Zeuszor. You have just had pointed out to you the difference between being born in January or December, regarding which year your memories and age refer to, and you still don't get it!

Date: November 20, 2010 09:42PM

Well, I certainly do now. Thanks so much for your help, Blackhat.

BTW: Blackhat, why are you here?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/20/2010 09:59PM by zeuszor.

Date: November 20, 2010 10:06PM

My pleasure. My main focus now is upon whether Glenn or Christine can confirm the message littlerose claims she got that the Jesus Christians have disbanded, as she has reported...or were they just trying to get rid of her???

BTW Zeuszor, why are you here?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/20/2010 10:08PM by Blackhat.

Date: November 20, 2010 10:12PM

I have heard through the grapevine that they have reconvened in an online forum that they are calling The Rock, which is located here:

[hosting.zymic.com]

However, it's a private-access forum that the public cannot view. So I do not know whether this bit of information is actually true, or if it is a red herring. Might be worth looking into, though.

Date: November 21, 2010 12:20AM

sWord:

Obviously, when one knows an actual birth date, it makes a big difference.

(Generally speaking, about no particular person, of course.)

You can then tie their stated age into a certain period, which maybe half of one year and half of the other, but you still have a general idea within a range of a year.

It certainly would be a lot easier for everyone reading, if people stated the actual dates that they are referring to, as it would be a lot clearer, eliminate any second guessing and reduce the likelihood of people assuming that they might be trying to mislead.

It would be a shame if we have to start bringing in mathematicians and statisticians, to help decipher someone's posts.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/21/2010 12:20AM by zeuszor.

Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: November 21, 2010 12:33AM

Blackhat and zeuszor:

Stop the petty bickering and baiting.

Stay on topic.

Re: Australian cult: Anyone recognize this?
Date: November 21, 2010 12:46AM

[forum.culteducation.com]

Blackhat
Zeuszor, you are a legend. Fantastic effort! And lovely feedback from Hello and Nick about you too.

Now what kind of personality could you possibly be describing? Hmmm..... I wonder???

Even you, who know this profile so well, and are so well versed in how it manifests, sound surprised to encounter the "charming" part they present with. I guess that demonstrates again why they succeed in sucking their victims in. Can't wait to see the show. Someone (DM perhaps?) will surely post it on youtube?

zeuszor
A legend? No, no. I just did my small part to help educate and warn the public.

Thanks to Hello and Nick. You are nice folks, too. The next time I'm in England I'll look you all up. We did have a great chat, didn't we?

Regarding DM: what kind of personality I am describing? A deeply narcissistic and sociopathic personality, that's what I am describing. The devil himself.

Yes, it was surprising that DM was so cordial with me. He approached me, shook my hand, smiled warmly as he looked me in the eye, and actually thanked me for coming. I didn't expect him to so much as look at me, much less approach me to shake my hand and all. Odd.

Well versed? Well, I don't know. Tonight I met Ian Haworth and Graham Baldwin. Now these, these guys are the real pros. I am just some guy with a laptop and too much time on his hands!

It's all about providing a public service, education and prevention. Tonight I had dinner with a man whose family died at Jonestown. That was quite sobering and humbling an experience. He's a helluva nice guy, too. It reminded me of what I was here for, why I do this. Education and prevention.

A few years ago in England, I had dinner (and breakfast the next day) with Sherwin Harris, whose wife and daughter died in Guyana. The 32nd anniversary of Jonestown was a couple of days ago.

Imagine if the internet had existed in the sixties or seventies. They might have been prevented from leaving the country for Guyana in the first place. Tragedy might have been avoided.

David Berg might have been stopped while his family was still calling itself Teens for Christ.

Education and prevention: that's why I am here.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/21/2010 12:46AM by zeuszor.

Date: November 21, 2010 02:51AM

Well that is a really good question. Glenn has been posting on the X site, although he has done a Melba in the last days.

- Blackhat

I remain a little surprised that Scientology has never picked Glenn up....he always seemed such the "type"...a good old, decent "audit" would have the chap right back on his feet again, wouldn't it....perhaps there has been a "change for the better" that I haven't been witness to!

(What was your opinion of the postings he was making, Blackhat? He appeared to "know" something that he didn't want to share....or he was looking to see if the xjc.jc board knew "something" he didn't....or something else together? (forgive me, if I suspect if was not merely to "renew acquaintances"!).....)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.