Re: "Jesus Christians," "Australian cult," Dave McKay
Posted by: cait ()
Date: November 18, 2010 08:13PM

zeuszor
My point is, I've sent that thing out to dozens of individuals and organizations, and the people I sent it to kept it confidential and respected its purpose. They knew it wasn't for stalking or identity theft, but to provide background information on key players in the JC history. They were mature in handling the information and didn't divulge it to those being investigated, or get hysterical.

Bearing in mind, of course, that most of what was in my dossier was "open source" research and already in the public realm anyway!

thankyou Zeuszor,
I do bear in mind that most of the information in your dossier was "open source" research and already in the public realm anyway, as you say. What bothers me tho, is the question of what possible relevance it can have to Dave and any other JCs, to have included details of the residential property my husband had purchased a number of years before we had even met : date of purchase, purchase price, location, map of the property, etc.?

Many things are open source, including this information, and there is no reason it shouldn't be, but equally there is definitely no reason at all that the property details of the parent of a (now former) JC community member should have been included in your dossier and distributed around the world that I can imagine. We were definitely not the subjects of any investigation - JC-related or otherwise.

You sent that particluar chunk of information to how many people, can I ask? May I also ask why you didn't choose to include the residential ownership details of the family of every other current and former community member? I gather it might be just because my husband trusted you enough to mention to you that his property was his main place of work, and that the area does have some major concerns with bushfire danger, and suggested you Google it.

I really can't see tho, how knowing what my husband paid for his house and when, would help alert any "potential" to the dangers of getting entangled in the JCs : can you?

I don't expect you to explain it either, btw - it doesn't really matter in any way, other than it would be great if you could possibly just realise that your actions do actually seem to come very close to stalking sometimes - allbeit unintentionally I am sure - and that you actually can be quite unreasonably hypercritical toward some people, and maybe could benefit a lot from sometimes standing back, and considering these things with a little more humility than is easy for any of us to put on most of the time.

Zeuszor, I do disagree with your observation that I am naive and over-optimistic in my views.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Blackhat ()
Date: November 18, 2010 08:41PM

Zeuszor asked:

"So, bigpigweed, what exactly is your experience with the JCs? Can you tell us anything about how you know of them, etc. please?"

This is what we are all trying to tell you Zeuszor. Here you go again. Asking a poster to tell you who they are and what their links with the JC's are.

This is the nut of everyone's beef with you. You can't let someone come here without you checking out their credentials. This is not your board!@!!!

Mate, they owe no credentials to you!!!!

They come here to talk about the Jesus Christians, not to have you grill them about who you are or what their history is.

Please try to get that on board!!! Otherwise nobody will be prepared to post here....

Date: November 18, 2010 08:48PM

You know, Zeuszor, when I was trout fishing, I didn't splash the bait into the river. I carefully baited up the most tasty morsel, and let it float downstream....that's how I got the big fish....

Posted by: zeuszor ()
Date: November 18, 2010 09:00PM

Thank you for your post, Cait, and I will bear your comments in mind.

In regards to the relevance of the information, it is best not discussed on a public board, particularly as the cult is possibly still, the subject of current inquiries .

You will however, be well aware that your son was the most discussed member at the time. I guess one could argue that Joe has taken over as the, "new kid on the block".

I have apologized previously for disseminating certain information (that should have been omitted) and I stand by that apology.

What you both present is valid, though off topic. Please feel free to write to me privately with such concerns.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/18/2010 09:02PM by zeuszor.

Date: November 18, 2010 09:02PM

Zeuszor,

I also support Cait in her challenge to you about releasing personal details which have no relevance to the JC's, or to her son's previous membership with them.

This is perhaps relevant to my posting on the Visual Archive thread about the video where you explained having Aspergers Syndrome.Research finds that Aspergers people have difficulty with finding empathy for individual people.

That would explain why you had no problem in releasing sensitive information about so many people. You thought it was just facts, and didn't understand the impact it would have upon so many people...

Posted by: zeuszor ()
Date: November 18, 2010 09:04PM

What you both present is valid, though off topic. Please feel free to write to me privately with such concerns.

Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: November 18, 2010 09:08PM

To whom it may concern:

This is a public message board and anyone may post here within the given rules.

No one is required to disclose their personal "credentials" and may remain anonymous.

Having said that this thread has suffered through the fairly frequent efforts of "Internet trolls," who have attempted to disrupt and/or subvert the exchange here.

Many trolls have been banned and no doubt there will be more banned in the future given that history.

In this light it seems only fair to ask someone, "Why are you here"?

But asking for personal details, which would tend to disclose a member's identity, is over the line.

No one is obligated or should feel obligated to answer such personal questions.

Date: November 18, 2010 09:21PM

Dear Moderator,

Thank you for that reminder. I can only hope that all posters will be mindful that this is your forum, not theirs.

Date: November 18, 2010 09:29PM

"Please feel free to write to me personally" is an invitation Zeuszor uses at the end of many of his justifications.

Why should you write to him personally? Is this another method of control, like Dave? Is Zeuszor becoming the Anti-Dave, using his methods of control?

Date: November 18, 2010 09:33PM

BUSINESS STRUCTURE:

Australian Business Number:

The Jesus Christians have an Australian Business Number: 78 622 540 509. This is a number for business dealings with the Australian Tax Office and in future, with government agencies at all levels.

An ABN is needed to register for GST and other elements of the Australian tax system

The Jesus Christians ABN was registered on the 8 September 2000.

Dear Zeuszor,

Thank you for the details here....I believe the ABN registration requires a minimum of one actual name...that I presume is David John Mckay (with not the slighest mention of the purported leaders "Alf" and "Joe")....would this presumption be correct?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.