Re: "Jesus Christians," "Australian cult," Dave McKay
Date: November 21, 2010 03:31AM

Dear Zeuszor,

The "internet", has all the claims made about it, these days that were once(last century?) the catch cry of the "free press"...."champion of public rights", "relentless exposure of the truth", "representing the opinions of society"...however I suspect that the "internet" remains, like so many other channels of communication, generally only effective in combatting "smaller" organizations....

...once you reach a "certain point" (the Unification Church and the Scientologists would be examples) where you can literally "buy the press" or "litigate your critics into silence", the effectiveness of the internet to channel "dissent" would seem severely compromised.

A comparison might might be the Mexican Drug Cartels in the Mexican Narco-War. The local police there, probably do apprehend any number of common criminals, without really being able to stymie the activities of the better armed and ruthlessly organized Cartels, that have bribed their way into the very Police Force itself.....only the Mexican military that I can see, have had any serious impact on the operations of the Cartels.

It is funny to see the "homage" David pays the Scientologists..(imitation being the sincerest form of flattery)..their site ("Meet a Scientologist", The opening page with its "Beliefs and Practises", "FAQ", "Books"...) having so many parallels to the JC website, in my opinion...[www.scientology.org]

David must have spent some hours poring over this.....I wonder how much he'll be able to "re-invent" on the new "forum" (obviously not intended to be a "forum" more a "safe-house".....!!)

Like McKay, if one were to have sufficient background in the bible, you'd see right through his facade.....and

..if you had enough background in psychology or Eastern philosophy, you'd see how much Hubbard directly pilfered from Freud and Jung....

..to "quote",

Our lives, she[Honnor] says, are affected by three things: suppression, our ethics (that includes what you have done to others and what others have done to you) and finally the “reactive” mind – that’s where the past lives come in. Things we’ve ¬buried in our subconscious, possibly for centuries, but which can come back and trigger, say, a bung neck.

[www.theaustralian.com.au]

Oh, please....

Not the "Id","Ego", "Superego" with Freuds' armchair "psycho analysis" revisited, a sprinkling of Jungs "archetypes" and his eastern mysticisim...

..Well people are of course, certainly free to believe what they choose,

but it would be nice to see some of them, occasionally INVESTIGATE the history of what they choose to believe,

in order that they do not falsely attribute it to someone else, who may be using the legitimacy of the ideas of others for their "own" purposes!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/21/2010 03:32AM by Malcolm Wesley WREST.

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: November 21, 2010 03:51AM

Dear Zeusor,

..thanks for that little gem of information!

May I ask in your opinion, would there be enough information (roughly) to form a credible timeline for McKay ....here I'm thinking of how much time might be needed if we wanted to produce a manuscript to take to a publishing agency....a credible "timeline" would be essential I'd think...are we anywhere near this?

regards,

Malcolm

Posted by: zeuszor ()
Date: November 21, 2010 04:52AM

Malcolm Wesley WREST
Dear Zeuszor,The "internet", has all the claims made about it, these days that were once(last century?) the catch cry of the "free press"...."champion of public rights", "relentless exposure of the truth", "representing the opinions of society"...however I suspect that the "internet" remains, like so many other channels of communication, generally only effective in combatting "smaller" organizations....

Moonies don't just seek to "control the media" a la Anita Foster, they in many respects are the media.

Here we are in 2010 and UCI owns both UPI and the Washington Times; do you see my point there?

[www.gorenfeld.net]

[sunmyungmoonvideos.blogspot.com]

But this is my point exactly, Mal.

If the internet had existed 30-40 years ago, then these groups could have been contained much more readily; the small fires would have been prevented from turning into big fires so to speak. Moon could have been nipped in the bud if the internet had existed in 1970.

More soon, some to you in pm.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/21/2010 04:53AM by zeuszor.

Date: November 21, 2010 05:39AM

zeuszor
Malcolm Wesley WREST
Dear Zeuszor,The "internet", has all the claims made about it, these days that were once(last century?) the catch cry of the "free press"...."champion of public rights", "relentless exposure of the truth", "representing the opinions of society"...however I suspect that the "internet" remains, like so many other channels of communication, generally only effective in combatting "smaller" organizations....

Moonies don't just seek to "control the media" a la Anita Foster, they in many respects are the media.

Here we are in 2010 and UCI owns both UPI and the Washington Times; do you see my point there?

[www.gorenfeld.net]

[sunmyungmoonvideos.blogspot.com]

But this is my point exactly, Mal.

If the internet had existed 30-40 years ago, then these groups could have been contained much more readily; the small fires would have been prevented from turning into big fires so to speak. Moon could have been nipped in the bud if the internet had existed in 1970.

More soon, some to you in pm.

Brilliant short film on Moon:

[www.veoh.com]

Read of the seminar that supposedly took place in the spirit world eight years ago, in which Jesus, Muhammad, Buddha, and others got together and decided that Reverend Moon is the Messiah.

[www.unification.net]

Another really good documentary on Moon:

[video.google.com]

McKay's got nothing on this guy. I once heard Sherwin Harris call DM "a little fartwhistle" of a cult leader. Yes, he's an amateur, but he's a dangerous amateur nonetheless.

DM only wishes that he could have been as "successful" as the likes of Moon, or the Maharishi (who, in my opinion, is the Uber-Cult Leader of all time).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/21/2010 05:42AM by zeuszor.

Date: November 21, 2010 06:38AM

Posted by: Styxxx ()
Date: November 21, 2010 07:09AM

There never was any disbanding of the community. The plan was to close the forum to the public and to block the Jared Johnson family from being able to communicate with their son and to stop them from interfering with Joe Johnson's kidney donation. McKay wants the money from the donation and he wants the media attention.

Furthermore there was an intended measure of retribution because David McKay insists that the Jesus Christian web site has been trolled countless times and this has made him appear ludicrous in the eyes of his remaining membership. In July, he gave away restricted details about the cult to one Peter Strong. David McKay was extremely desperate to have Peter Strong join because of the falling numbers and also because of the assets he was greedy to get his hands on. When Peter Strong published the sensitive information David McKay supplied him with, McKay was quick to pitch a fit online and to delete the links to the photos, emails and email addresses addresses that could only have come from an inside source. That enraged McKay as it was proof to the remaining enlisted cult members that McKay was so greedy for the money that he saw coming in that he would pass along carefully guarded private information in order to win over his target.

I am sure there was a great deal of backbiting and discussion over that fiasco and McKay would have lost credibility over the mess. Therefore, he wanted to revenge himself by spreading rumors and Denise Matteau was the implement he selected to do this as she would do anything in order to be stroked by David McKay. When it is all shown to be false, she will be the one to look ridiculous, McKay will drop her as a contact and the blame will be placed on her shoulders.

In the meantime, she bleats her breaking newsflashes all over the internet.

Posted by: Stoic ()
Date: November 21, 2010 09:35AM

"Oh, what a tangled web we weave...when first we practice to deceive."
— Walter Scott

That sounds like the Davejc I understand, from the little I know of him, Styxxx

Posted by: bigpigweed ()
Date: November 21, 2010 02:04PM

omg please go look at the crazy video with dsm/little rose on you tube. she has birds sitting on her head and is wildly laughing and raving away with her eyes looking glassy and way long gone. this woman needs help. i am glad that there is action being taken. she says people are going to shoot each other.

brian i hope you consider the happiness you cause her when you continue to argue with people and to question people here. she is happy there is these fights here and you need to think of that before you attack posters that are on your side. i see no other arguements but yours.

[www.youtube.com]

she is pushing the disbanding theory. what a fool. the jesus christians are simply hiding on her.

she says she lost a job because of this web site...nuts. she is all over the internet rambling away. she is the person who attacked peoples at their jobs. she is the stalker. are you kidding? who would hire this person after the videos she has put up? dsm has been her own enemy and ive never seen any indiction she works so this is more bs on her part. what she does to people she puts onto others.

is that mayonaise that sir chirps left in her hair?

Posted by: Blackhat ()
Date: November 21, 2010 08:44PM

Dave has posted the following:

There has been much speculation over what is happening internally within the Jesus Christians at the moment. Most of this speculation has been an over-reaction. There have, indeed, been certain changes made which will enable each of us to function more freely as individuals, each with a distinctive ministry of our own. It is taking us some time to find our bearings in this new arrangement, as we are not all traveling the same path or marching to exactly the same tune. But there is unity... the kind of unity that counts most in the eyes of God.

One report is that the Jesus Christians have "disbanded". Some have chosen to use that term to describe what has happened. They are free to do so. However, I prefer to see it as a kind of "graduation". Cherry and I have been given responsibility for this web site, and we are still endeavouring to find the best way to deal with that responsibility. Others have taken control of other assets and will do with them what they feel is best.

Cherry and I wish all the best to those with whom we have worked for so many years. We feel fortunate to have been able to play a part in the spiritual journeys of those who have been touched by the message which we have preached. If we each keep our eyes on Jesus then what we are doing now will come to be seen as a greater show of unity than ever was possible in our former association.

[jesus-teachings.com]

Posted by: Blackhat ()
Date: November 21, 2010 09:13PM

Others have taken control of other assets and will do with them what they feel is best.

Interesting....

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.