Re: "Jesus Christians," "Australian cult," Dave McKay
Posted by: Apollo ()
Date: November 18, 2010 11:42PM

Malcolm Wesley WREST
......unless of course the "disbanding" remarks fed to Littlerose, were only so much BS!!

Yeah it certainly appears the old dear has been led up the garden path. 'Regrouping' would seem more accurate.

She's been awfully quiet of late, i just wonder if the men in white coats have taken her away.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: zeuszor ()
Date: November 19, 2010 12:09AM

Blackhat
Zeuszor asked:

"So, bigpigweed, what exactly is your experience with the JCs? Can you tell us anything about how you know of them, etc. please?"

This is what we are all trying to tell you Zeuszor. Here you go again. Asking a poster to tell you who they are and what their links with the JC's are.

No, I didn't ask him who he or she is. I simply asked about the poster's experience with the JCs, and whether he could tell us how he knew about them.

This is a forum for exchanging information and discussing the Jesus Christians.

"do the people, really want a whole lot of negative untrue stuff about them being left permanently on the board, if their children have left the cult?"

I asked a question (notice the question mark!) and it stimulated discussion on the board and people are giving their opinions on what they think. I and others will better informed because of it. Thank you.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/19/2010 12:10AM by zeuszor.

Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: November 19, 2010 12:26AM

zeuszor:

"...he could tell us how he knew about them."

See [forum.culteducation.com]

"You may remain anonymous, but if you wish to remain anonymous don't post identifying details on the board."

Anyone that wishes to remain anonymous may refuse to give you any details regarding "how [they] know" and there is nothing wrong with that.

It's really inappropriate to grill people about this.

Date: November 19, 2010 01:34AM

I was not grilling anybody.

I simply asked about the poster's experience with the JCs, and whether he could tell us how he knew about them.

Nothing wrong with that, is there?

This is a forum for exchanging information and discussing the Jesus Christians.

Date: November 19, 2010 03:11AM

zeuszor:

Yes there is something wrong with that, as previously explained.

It is OK to ask people the purpose of their participation, "Why are you here"?

But there should be no expectation regarding the disclosure of personal information.

If someone wants to disclose personal background details they may, but if they wish to remain anonymous they may not.

Posted by: cait ()
Date: November 19, 2010 04:12AM

rrmoderator
To whom it may concern:

This is a public message board and anyone may post here within the given rules.

No one is required to disclose their personal "credentials" and may remain anonymous.
Thanks Moderator, this is appreciated.

With regard to the forum rules as applied to Agur: does this mean that you have confirmed that Zeuszor does not also post as Oerlikon, as has previously been suggested? I had always understood that these were the 2 pen-names of the one writer. Is it not the case?

Date: November 19, 2010 04:53AM

cait:

This has already been discussed.

Zeuszor posts only as zeuszor.

Agur was banned under another name already, before she attempted to post under her new name.

The topic of this thread is Dave McKay and his group, not zeuszor.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/19/2010 04:56AM by rrmoderator.

Date: November 19, 2010 05:26AM

cait
rrmoderator
To whom it may concern:

This is a public message board and anyone may post here within the given rules.

No one is required to disclose their personal "credentials" and may remain anonymous.
Thanks Moderator, this is appreciated.

With regard to the forum rules as applied to Agur: does this mean that you have confirmed that Zeuszor does not also post as Oerlikon, as has previously been suggested? I had always understood that these were the 2 pen-names of the one writer. Is it not the case?

Thanks, RR. This is a much more sensitive approach.

Cait: why are you here?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/19/2010 05:27AM by zeuszor.

Date: November 19, 2010 05:56AM

Dear Zeuszor,

There was (if I'm not mistaken, pardon me if so!) a reference to a "book" Joe wrote....I can't see anything on the JC website about this (of course primarily devoted to nothing other than the glorification of McKay and whatever he penned) ...where is Joe's tome located?

On a humorous note, I see that David has been forced to desperately "rework" the relevance of the "Fall of America"

Those who can see trouble ahead for the U.S. try to convince themselves that the country will be taken over peaceably, and its fall will only be an ideological one. But this is not the way the Bible describes it.

While all the world is crying “Peace! Peace!” extremist elements in Moscow are being forced to plot a very violent end to America.

[jesus-teachings.com]

Russia quietly slipping away economically and struggling to let alone pay, for it's own "military machine"...David would need to repudiate his own credentials, as a "prophet" by incorporating a more likely enemy such as Al Qaeda or China...hence forever "re-interprets" reality to suit.

(As I distributed tracts written by David, almost thirty years ago, in the early 1980's where David states categorically, that America would be destroyed in a surprise Russian Nuclear Attack in the "next few years", aren't the JesusChristians obliged to "stone" any "false prophets" in their midst, in line with the practises in the Biblical Israel....given that they "follow" the Word of God so closely?)

and umm....haven't "extremist elements in Moscow" already been the subject of several films....

("Red October" with Sean Connery)....David pilfering "ideas" again?

(...speaking of movie plot like scenario's what about an "extremist element in the JC's" stealing away with weaponary on demonstration, at an Arms show..(glibly passing himself off as an "international arms dealer")..in order to use such a device to later deliberately provoke a confrontation an an international level that he may then use to "prove" his own insane ramblings "factual"...What a plot, that would be!..and after all, lets' face it!...God only knows where these "Tribulation Keepers" may infliltrate......!

[www.youtube.com] )

Date: November 19, 2010 05:58AM

I am still grappling with this whole COG thing. Did DM join in Adelaide or Sydney(?), stayed 3 weeks and then formed his own colony in Broken Hill, not after?

I can't recall anyone saying Cherry was a member of the COG, but again it gets messy. Was DM's colony a COG colony? If so, his children were in his colony, but his wife wasn't?

The PO box was used by DM, and in 1976 that PO Box number was used to advertise the COG. Who were the COG in Broken Hill in 1976? Was it DM's colony?

This is really at the heart of the whole matter: DM has said he joined the COG but was only a member for (well it depends on what version you read) then he exploited a rule about forming his own colony.

But he worked with COG, was known as COG, the COG advertised right through to 1976 in Broken Hill.

He basically was doing everything with them, but he maintains this story that he quit because of their sexual teachings and makes it look like his connection was only a few weeks.

People in Wollongong (after he left Broken Hill) still identify him as COG, to this day.

In "Excommunicated" he even complains about the COG not receiving coverage.

I can't recall anyone saying he wasn't the editor of the paper. I think there was a post saying if he was the editor if must have been for a short space of time as someone else was listed and the paper ended shortly after. It was basically a put down as Dave was big noting himself as the former editor. It looks like he only became the editor (for a short space of time) because someone quit!

Mal, will get back with you on that soon.

DM's own posts demonstrate that he received more than just his personal information.

[jesus-teachings.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/19/2010 06:26AM by zeuszor.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.