Re: "Jesus Christians," "Australian cult," Dave McKay
Posted by: zeuszor ()
Date: November 19, 2010 06:39AM

Hmmm. The book seems to have been removed from their site, Mal. I"ll keep looking around for it, though.

[www.youtube.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/19/2010 06:41AM by zeuszor.

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: November 19, 2010 08:30AM

Thanks Zeusor,

In Tallangatta, David (and some of his family, in conversations with them) presented himself to me, as the COG colony in Broken Hill, although by that time, he was already aware that "flirty fishing" was "bad press" for him....so I was presented with the lie that "ethical David" (rather than protesting Cherry) had somehow eventually "distinguished" himself....(I'm fairly sure that I was shown some COG publications which had him "written up" as "active members" in Broken Hill....the introduction of "flirty fishing" was the point David claimed to me on several occasions that he had been "honour bound" to depart the Children of God.....

We must (privately) discuss this at more length, at some point....

Date: November 19, 2010 09:26AM

zeuszor
Hmmm. The book seems to have been removed from their site, Mal. I"ll keep looking around for it, though.

[www.youtube.com]

Thank you, Mal.

In the Media section, click on the whipping trial. It gives a blow by blow of Joe's version of events.

I would imagine that Joe would have had a lot of help to write it by DM.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/19/2010 09:27AM by zeuszor.

Posted by: Apollo ()
Date: November 19, 2010 11:20PM

Mrs Doubtfire has posted her latest comedy clip. The men in white coats haven't taken her away just yet.

It's a very passionate plea on behalf of McKay (former member of the notorious "Children of God").

She's staunchly holding her ground over the 'disbanding' theory but still we see no evidence to firmly back that up.

Date: November 20, 2010 07:17AM

They still don't get the age thing. I wasn't, in my previous posts, suggesting that anybody had lied.

I was suggesting that those who would know, be careful and sure about their recollections.

Perhaps I should have just chosen a random example, so it wouldn't have seemed like my comments were aimed at anybody.

A man known to be born in 1980 says he was 10 when something occurred. People will assume and record that it occurred in 1990.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/20/2010 07:20AM by zeuszor.

Posted by: sWord ()
Date: November 20, 2010 05:34PM

zeuszor
They still don't get the age thing.
I am suggesting that those who would know, be careful and sure about their calculations.
Let us do some numbers.

A man know to have been born on the 1st of January 1980, would have turned 10 on the 1st January 1990.
Everything that happened to him while he was ten happened during the course of that year.

At the other extreme, if he had been born on the 1st July 1980, then all the events in the first half of 1990, as well as all the events in the second half of 1989, occurred while he was nine. After the milestone birthday anything happening in the second half of 1990, and the first half of 1991, occurred while he was ten.

So the assertion that "A man known to be born in 1980 says he was 10 when something occurred. People will assume and record that it occurred in 1990." will only be always true if it is understood that the people making the assumption and the people paying attention to the assumption, are aware that the man was born on the 1st of January.

In general when matching a year with an age, it is better to assume a discrepancy of + or -1.
So: He says he was 10 at the time -- it was perhaps 1990 or 1991.
Or: He says it occurred in 1990 - he was either 9 or 10.

Date: November 20, 2010 07:22PM

She's staunchly holding her ground over the 'disbanding' theory but still we see no evidence to firmly back that up.

- Apollo

I've no doubt that that is what she has been informed and hence continues to believe, as of course, she'd be saying to herself...."How could my dear friend David ever lie to me?" .....

...yes...how indeed, could David, "lie" to, "manipulate" in whatever way he could, "betray" or covertly "slander" people whom he has repeatedly assured, that he is their "friend"? One wonders how....!

Littlerose might like to ask herself, who else was informed about the "disbanding"....it would be odd, if say Glenn or perhaps other "potentials" (Christine?) were not also quietly informed of this rather dramatic turn of events!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/20/2010 07:27PM by Malcolm Wesley WREST.

Posted by: Blackhat ()
Date: November 20, 2010 08:31PM

If you go for a job, say as an Art Teacher, then in this day and age the interviewing panel is going to check you out on the internet. It gets really easy if you have an unusual name. If they see that you have multiple blogs and youtube videos on the internet, then they are going to read them and watch them, before making their decision whether or not to employ you. They will base their assessment upon what they see the applicant doing, long before they wonder whether they might be stalked by people from the evil Rick Ross Insitute, which I doubt they ever would.

Posted by: Blackhat ()
Date: November 20, 2010 08:35PM

who else was informed about the "disbanding"....it would be odd, if say Glenn or perhaps other "potentials" (Christine?) were not also quietly informed of this rather dramatic turn of events!

Well that is a really good question. Glenn has been posting on the X site, although he has done a Melba in the last days.

Glenn, Christine, is there any way you can let us know if you have similar information, and post or PM about it on either this site or the X site?

Date: November 20, 2010 09:21PM

Glen is banned from this forum, and therefore cannot answer the question here.

Though he did give me one piece of information pertaining to the "disbanding" of the JCs, I doubt its veracity and for this reason never brought Glen's bit of data out into the open.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.