Re: "Jesus Christians," "Australian cult," Dave McKay
Posted by: zeuszor ()
Date: November 21, 2010 09:27PM

zeuszor
Dave and Cherry can probably ditch the membership soon, as they can both get the Australian pension and travel around in a campervan like grey nomads. They will still probably enjoy their annual overseas trip, so their lives won't be much different from a large number of Australian pensioners.

Was I right?

"We haven't disbanded, we've graduated!" What a joke. Thank you Peter Strong, whoever you are!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/21/2010 09:31PM by zeuszor.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Blackhat ()
Date: November 21, 2010 09:48PM

It's great to have Australian Citizenship!

And a forum where you can while away your days.....

Not a bad outcome, kind of campervan comfortable.....

Date: November 21, 2010 10:08PM

Yes, he's pretty well been "taken out," hasn't he? We have already "won". McKay is finished really, and I think we are now watching the "end game" now.

I look at it like this: DM may not be in jail today, but wherever he is an whatever he is doing at this moment, he's just the half-assed "apostle" of a group that is falling apart; he is probably hating life right about now.

The JCs may have deified him even more if he'd gone to jail, then he really would have been a "martyr," you know?

As it is, he's just some warped, frustrated old man who's going to be in hiding for the rest of his miserable life; this may be a fate worse than jail, for him.

He's not just going to ride off into the sunset in his camper.

Without some source of narcissistic supply, he'll be like a junkie desperate for the next fix. He'll always be up to something, DM will. Mark my words.

Date: November 21, 2010 10:45PM

Hmmm....I would have otherwise agreed, with Styxxx's perspective.....but as Blackhat cogently notes (assuming this to be true, of course),

....Others have taken control of other assets and will do with them what they feel is best. Interesting, indeed!

If David has "lost control" of the money....(or "lost control" of those in control of the money)....that would indicate to me that the JC's are "washed up"!

Naturally, McKay keeps the "mouth -piece" (the JC website) in order that he can continue to garner for himself, whatever "attention" may still be possible through this... (...and the expendable "foot soldiers" get the tracts, they have to "sell" in order to get themselves "noticed" in any way....)..

It certainly does sound like "McKay" really has been booted out as leader....(hence he produces, this "cloyingly sentimental fable" to paper over the denigrating details of his dethronement)....again I apologizing for making the same old observation, yet once more, that what David lies about.....telegraphs what is really taking place, to those who will "listen".....!

Quote:

There has been much speculation over what is happening internally within the Jesus Christians at the moment.(Dare we join the angels in praising God that you are at an "end" McKay...I will admit that I have speculated over this!) Most of this speculation has been an over-reaction. (Which tells us that it's not!) There have, indeed, been certain changes(like NO McKay, calling the shots, any longer?) made which will enable each of us to function more freely as individuals, each with a distinctive ministry of our own. It is taking us some time to find our bearings in this new arrangement, as we are not all traveling the same path or marching to exactly the same tune. But there is unity(No there's not!...not to Davids' satisfaction...otherwise he wouldn't feel the need to so pointedly state it!)... the kind of unity that counts most in the eyes of God. (Oh that's beautiful, that is...thank you David.....just like the blessed unity I share with Zueszor and P.I.)

One report is that the Jesus Christians have "disbanded". (A report that was based on information someone within the JC's sent) Some have chosen to use that term to describe what has happened. They are free to do so. (You may breathe a sight of relief, Denise!) However, I prefer to see it as a kind of "graduation"(It'd certainly be a "graduation" for everyone who pissed David off!) . Cherry and I have been given responsibility("David speak" for he refused to yield control of the forum) for this web site, and we are still endeavouring to find the best way to deal with that responsibility. Others have taken control of other assets and will do with them what they feel is best. (They took the land in Kenya? - that would be Christine of course and Rob...who would both continue to pander to McKays' directions, of course)

Cherry and I wish all the best to those with whom we have worked for so many years. (Thank you David...If only I could say the same to you!)We feel fortunate to have been able to play a part in the spiritual journeys of those who have been touched by the message which we have preached(Let me say, that I would NEVER have known what the inner workings of a cult are, were I not to have had those "touching" years under your tutelage, David). If we each keep our eyes on Jesus (and a boot firmly up McKays' bum!) then what we are doing now will come to be seen as a greater show of unity than ever was possible in our former association. (That REALLY does sound an attempt to "whitewash" your abrupt downfall, with a spineless platitude!!)

He's covering up, as best he can, a desertion "en masse"?

....break out the champagne?

...as the crowd applauds rapturously...[www.youtube.com]

Date: November 21, 2010 10:54PM

Hey Mal: I managed to procure some extra cans of Four Loko before the FDA imposed a ban on it. We're having a Jeremy Kyle-themed costume party today at my place; I wish you all could be here!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/21/2010 10:55PM by zeuszor.

Date: November 21, 2010 11:23PM

zeuszor

Speaking of Jonestown:remember how DM said on Jeremy Kyle that one of his consort's high school classmates died there? I wonder who this person supposedly was, and what the back-story on that is? Probably he was lying about that, anyway.

And here something else, Mal. Read this if you've got the time. About six years ago, Reverend Moon was crowned "The King of Peace" on Capital Hill in D.C. His and Mrs. Moon's crown and robes were presented to him by two sitting Congressmen. Why, the Dirksen incident was a narcissistic wet dream for Reverend Moon! Most people do not realize just how powerful the Moon organization really is.

[www.salon.com]

DM only wishes that his "movement" could have gone this far!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/21/2010 11:25PM by zeuszor.

Date: November 21, 2010 11:52PM

I realize how "strong" they are....they are quite an institution here in Korea...funnily enough, probably the MAJORITY of "established" denominations here, border on cult like influence over the lives of their parishioners, such that the Moonies, don't seem that "extreme" by comparison...(yes they are quietly considered a "cult" but largely no one openly criticizes them.....)

We need to set about arranging the "canonization" of Peter Strong.....("Saint Strong"....I like it!....it has a "ring" to it")....for "services to humanity"!

I have a glass of Chilean wine....if not quite the equivalent of "four loko"....it'll do!

Salut!!!

McKays' forum will need an occasional eye...but I think that the cancer (Denise has informed us of!), and the ensuing treatment, will slow him down, particularly if the others gradually, curtail their contributions.....(it'd be nice to think that they could find some "positive" and "constructive" paths to walk down, now that some of them have released McKay's coat-tails).....he'll be having a lot of time to think over what "went wrong" for a year or two more, I'm sure....[www.youtube.com]

Date: November 22, 2010 12:38AM

[www.youtube.com]

Mal, are you the Keymaster?

(Not off-topic; inside joke)

Posted by: Stoic ()
Date: November 22, 2010 01:03AM

A great song choice, Malcolm, from a great poet.

Date: November 22, 2010 01:10AM

Bob Dylan originally wrote that song for the soundtrack to the movie Pat Garret and Billy the Kid, about the outlaw Billy the Kid and the lawman who was bent on stopping him. How very appropriate for this thread. Thanks Mal. Here is the original version, though I myself and am partial to the GnR cover. L'Chaim!

[www.youtube.com]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.