Re: "Jesus Christians," "Australian cult," Dave McKay
Posted by: zeuszor ()
Date: November 22, 2010 01:31AM

It just occurred to me: well, this is the second disbanding this year!

DM must be following the example of The Family. They are taking the rest of this year to do it. By May of next year, TF as they existed will be no more.

The Family "reboots" and then six months later the JCs "graduate."

What a coincidence! I'll bet ya anything from a diddle-eye Joe to damned-if-I-know that "Peter Strong" was somebody with the Family, if "he" was even real at all. That's my theory.

[forum.culteducation.com]

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 11/22/2010 01:40AM by zeuszor.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Apollo ()
Date: November 22, 2010 03:39AM

It must have been killing McKay (former member of the notorious ''Children of God'') no longer being in full control of the groups finances. Joe and Alf being made the new leaders would have caused him a great deal of stress. He had now become a backbencher. This is a man who must be in control at all times. I imagine there has been a real power struggle over the last few months and this is the end result. McKay's internet rants over recent times suggested that this was a man on the brink. He appeared to be a broken man.

I really do hope this spells the end of the JCs. It really would be a wonderful Christmas present for so many people.

Well i don't want to count my chickens before they've hatched but i think it's safe to say we can put the champagne on ice! :-)

Posted by: Apollo ()
Date: November 22, 2010 04:54AM

Malcolm Wesley WREST
There has been much speculation over what is happening internally within the Jesus Christians at the moment.(Dare we join the angels in praising God that you are at an "end" McKay...I will admit that I have speculated over this!) Most of this speculation has been an over-reaction. (Which tells us that it's not!) There have, indeed, been certain changes(like NO McKay, calling the shots, any longer?) made which will enable each of us to function more freely as individuals, each with a distinctive ministry of our own. It is taking us some time to find our bearings in this new arrangement, as we are not all traveling the same path or marching to exactly the same tune. But there is unity(No there's not!...not to Davids' satisfaction...otherwise he wouldn't feel the need to so pointedly state it!)... the kind of unity that counts most in the eyes of God. (Oh that's beautiful, that is...thank you David.....just like the blessed unity I share with Zueszor and P.I.)

One report is that the Jesus Christians have "disbanded". (A report that was based on information someone within the JC's sent) Some have chosen to use that term to describe what has happened. They are free to do so. (You may breathe a sight of relief, Denise!) However, I prefer to see it as a kind of "graduation"(It'd certainly be a "graduation" for everyone who pissed David off!) . Cherry and I have been given responsibility("David speak" for he refused to yield control of the forum) for this web site, and we are still endeavouring to find the best way to deal with that responsibility. Others have taken control of other assets and will do with them what they feel is best. (They took the land in Kenya? - that would be Christine of course and Rob...who would both continue to pander to McKays' directions, of course)

Cherry and I wish all the best to those with whom we have worked for so many years. (Thank you David...If only I could say the same to you!)We feel fortunate to have been able to play a part in the spiritual journeys of those who have been touched by the message which we have preached(Let me say, that I would NEVER have known what the inner workings of a cult are, were I not to have had those "touching" years under your tutelage, David). If we each keep our eyes on Jesus (and a boot firmly up McKays' bum!) then what we are doing now will come to be seen as a greater show of unity than ever was possible in our former association. (That REALLY does sound an attempt to "whitewash" your abrupt downfall, with a spineless platitude!!)

What a cracking assessment Mal! lol

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/22/2010 04:56AM by Apollo.

Posted by: bigpigweed ()
Date: November 22, 2010 10:21AM

thank you for the update dave-we been so concerned you been over throwed.

Posted by: Talamasca ()
Date: November 22, 2010 07:38PM

Will the last person to leave the Jesus Christians please turn out the lights :-)

Date: November 22, 2010 07:40PM

Long time, no see, Talamasca! How ya been?

Posted by: Blackhat ()
Date: November 22, 2010 07:42PM

Will the last person to leave the Jesus Christians please turn out the lights :-)

What they said......

Date: November 22, 2010 07:47PM

Hun-gry freaks, Dad-dy...

[www.youtube.com]

Maybe they could do a cover of this one with their band...

Date: November 22, 2010 09:34PM

zeuszor
Hun-gry freaks, Dad-dy...

[www.youtube.com]

Maybe they could do a cover of this one with their band...

Frank Zappa/Hungry Freaks, Daddy (Lyrics)

Mister America
Walk on by
Your schools that do not teach
Mister America
Walk on by
The minds that won't be reached
Mister America
Try to hide
The emptiness that's you inside
When once you find that the way you lied
And all the corny tricks you tried
Will not forestall the rising tide of
Hungry freaks, Daddy . . .

They won't go
For no more
Great mid-western hardware store
Philosophy that turns away
From those who aren't afraid to say
What's on their minds
(The left-behinds of the Great Society)

Hungry freaks, Daddy . . .

Mister America
Walk on by
Your supermarket dream
Mister America
Walk on by
The liquor store supreme
Mister America
Try to hide
The product of your savage pride
The useful minds that it denied
The day you shrugged and stepped aside
You saw their clothes and then you cried:
THOSE HUNGRY FREAKS, DADDY!

They won't go
For no more
Great mid-western hardware store
Philosophy that turns away
From those who aren't afraid to say
What's on their minds
(The left-behinds of the Great Society)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/22/2010 09:34PM by zeuszor.

Date: November 23, 2010 12:16AM

“You know, the very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. They don't alter their views to fit the facts. They alter the facts to fit the views. Which can be uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that need altering.”

– The Doctor –

from Doctor Who: The Face of Evil

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.