Re: "Jesus Christians," "Australian cult," Dave McKay
Posted by: Blackhat ()
Date: March 12, 2010 07:32PM

Kevin is Dave's son.

And Dave is Kevin's father.

I think your analysis could benefit from considering the entanglements of emotion with empathy...

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: zeuszor ()
Date: March 12, 2010 07:35PM

He's his father's son, in this regard: he is really good at arguing a case. Difference is: Kevin argues about real stuff, and whatever his religious
belief, he is not going to try convince anyone of anything doctrinal.

I think your analysis could benefit from considering the entanglements of emotion with empathy...

Would you expand on this a bit please? I am not sure that I understand.

Date: March 14, 2010 08:43PM

Gary is Dave's son.

Dave is Gary's son.

Gary "shuts up" (doesn't openly question his father) hence gets "rewarded" with visits from his parents.

Kevin is Dave's son.

Dave is Kevins' father.

AGAIN, I acknowledge that Kevin has continued to bravely speak up....David McKay is IMO, well beyond hope and he is not "turning over a new leaf" by saying hello over the kitchen table at Gary's...I suspect that he will simply attempt to manipulate Kevin into silence, by "buying his co-operation" with "access" to the "doting grand-parents" Kevin's family has been previously denied in order to "punish" them (because we all know that's how vindictively mediocre David is.....lets put a time frame on this...a year, would you say to see the "new and improved" David McKay (and that is a David McKay who DOESN'T seek to do, just as I've described, with a the smiling mien masking his rapine glare....) God, just go and do it!! Prove me wrong already!!...I'll ask about it next April 1st 2011.

Sheri is Daves's daughter.

Dave is Sheri's father.

Sheri has wisely opted to have nothing further to do with the man. A sterling example to us all!

Christine is Dave's daughter.

Dave is Christines' father.

Dave retained control of his youngest. I'm still prepared to bet she'll suffer from a nervous breakdown once Dave is dead and buried, the JC's fall further and further into ignominy and she's childless, trapped in a nightmare to which she devoted her entire working life.

Date: March 14, 2010 08:57PM

Here is a hero who DOES not simply live for whatever attention he can get (lying to himself that it's for the "Kingdom of Heaven") unlike anti-hero McKay whose EVERY "stunt" (Free work scheme, kidney harvesting, recruitment center in Kenya) only has his own self aggrandizement in mind...

....beginning of course as a self-important youth McKay even had to LIE about having to share a prize he once won while delivering newspapers (and I well remember David discussing this "glorious moment" of his to me while I was in the JC's without once mentioning that he was a "joint winner")....the sickness of having to be the focus of everything apparent in McKay even 50 years ago!!

Patrick James Mcglinchey came out just after the close of the Korean War to work unsung, in bitter and spartan conditions for years, struggling to make a better world for those in his care....DIAMETRICALLY the opposite of one DJM.

May Mr Mcglinchey one day go peacefully to his well earned reward![www.isidore.co.kr]

Date: March 18, 2010 12:01PM

If David wishes to "graduate" off these pages, (although I actually believe he secretly relishes the attention he thinks it gives him) and NOT "celebrate" some significant upcoming "landmarks" (400 pages of submissions or 100,000 views!), he might do well to to reconsider the behaviour which has brought him such ill-repute...

We can of course be quite specific about would constitute "reasonable" conduct on the behalf of McKay,

Broadly though, I would say, "reasonable conduct" might be grouped as follows.

Procedural Fairness (e.g. secret ballots in the election of "officers", the distribution of "shares of ownership" of the "cells" in his cult. joint bank accounts (with the names of ALL the "paid up" members), the approval of private communication with parties external to the JesusChristians)

Contractural Protection ("Escape clauses" for those wishing to depart the "Kingdom of Heaven" with entitlement to an equal share of all the "good and chattels" purportedly commonly owned as a "community" at the time of "departure", observation of legal requirements in relation to work practices and entitlements for those committed to his servitude)

Transparency (Independant auditing. made public. of the finances of his religious empire....as is required of businesses generally, David having long since registered his religious empire with a company number of its very own and registered under the Aust. govt. )

Such behaviour would represent a "change" in David McKay that might deserve some wider acknowledgement....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/18/2010 12:03PM by Malcolm Wesley WREST.

Date: March 18, 2010 08:05PM

Dave has apparently written to the XJC site Admin with the following statement:

Dave
I also take strong exception to your claim (oft repeated, apparently, by those who use your forum) that I or anyone else has forbidden JCs from using that forum. It is a blatant lie without any foundation, but what can we expect from your lot?

[jcs.xjcs.org]

This is laughable considering the following thread on the JC site, entitled "X-JC boycott", a thread to which Dave contributed.

[www.jesus-teachings.com]

Go on, Dave, tell us again how neither you nor anyone else has ever forbidden JC's from using that forum!!!!!

Liar, liar, pants on fire!

But what can we expect from your lot? (singular).

Date: March 18, 2010 09:15PM

DM is playing attention games again; sending this email to Admin is just his usual ploy of controlling information and trying to cause controversy and all under the guise of not gossiping. How hilarious. He gets all the so called gossip to people by passing on the gossip in the form of an email and sits back and enjoys the fallout! He is always stirring, looking for a reaction, and of course his croneys are the same way. All these people (particularly DM) are just trying to suck everyone into their games and get a reaction, and I wouldn't give them the satisfaction.

Date: March 19, 2010 01:33AM

Deflect, distort, derail, distract, disrupt. Spin spin spin. That's his game; DM must be getting bored now that things are going quiet a little bit. Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.

Date: March 19, 2010 12:25PM

Dear Zeusor,

Thank you for the humorous observations...

...it is though, so patently a transparent attempt at fabrication...(he has plainly lied through his teeth)...that I actually think that David is losing the "ability" to be able to lie credibly any longer...

......there is not even a sense that he is aware of what he has (only so recently) just said....

....dementia?

Date: March 19, 2010 05:22PM

Dave's argument that it was a "consensus" to refrain from visiting the XJC site, and the statement that anyone wishing to visit it should be subjected to a group-think to justify their reason to visit it only proves once again that this is a cult. The revision statement has yet to be implemented....

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 03/19/2010 05:26PM by Blackhat.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.