Re: "Jesus Christians," "Australian cult," Dave McKay
Posted by: zeuszor ()
Date: August 01, 2011 02:39AM

It may be that somebody else has DM's login information, and is using his account from somewhere else for the purpose of deception.

Maybe he's logged in at all times, or makes it (or tries to make it) appear as such. Or they may indeed be outside of Australia.

In any case, good looking out, Apollo.

It's 9:43 PM in Kenya right now, by the way.

12:14 AM in India.

4:44 AM in Australia.

1:44 PM where I am in the USA.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/01/2011 02:45AM by zeuszor.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Apollo ()
Date: August 01, 2011 03:03AM

The old sweetie wife may have a lot on his mind and simply cannot sleep. Despite his best efforts this is a man who has had to watch his empire crumble in recent years. At the last count we were down to 15-20 victims/followers.

How would the travelling JCs normally go about getting an internet connection, I take it they don't pay an internet provider, would they normally use libraries?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/01/2011 03:08AM by Apollo.

Date: August 01, 2011 05:11AM

Apollo
How would the travelling JCs normally go about getting an internet connection, I take it they don't pay an internet provider, would they normally use libraries?

Apollo, I don't really know but I'll tell you this much: where I live, it's always easy to piggyback off of some neighboring signal with your laptop. And I reckon it's no different anywhere else in the world.

Date: August 01, 2011 05:35AM

Yes, that's what I thought. He and his consort will always be able to find an internet connection. It's unlikely they're relying on ''K'' or ''glorious son number two'' for an internet connection. Although, I do recognise it's the principle of the matter. In a lot of cases the first stage of the grooming process happens online. That was certainly the case with Joe Johnson before the secret meetings were arranged.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 08/01/2011 05:42AM by Apollo.

Date: August 01, 2011 05:48AM

In any case, I still say they're being sheltered somewhere.

Posted by: Stoic ()
Date: August 01, 2011 07:34PM

'That was a parody that was inspired by your Kilgore reference, Stoic. I smiled as I fantasized about David muttering to himself those words, then posting them online. The intel briefing scene is my favorite in that movie. '

The making of that movie was reputedly also chaotic due to Coppola's infamously 'loose' working method. The man who played Willard, Martin Sheen, also had his own real dark night and suffered a heart attack early in the filming, delaying progress. Martin Sheen admits that he had addiction problems at the time with alcohol and the pressures of fame, despite being an up and coming actor----he was great in 'Badlands' an earlier film directed by Terrence Malick, another director preoccupied with thin lines, razor's edges and the problems of surviving.

I'm not at all sure that Dave McKay understands the concept of a boundary, demarcation line, razor's edge---let alone the knotty problems inherent in trying to respect the same.
He has never before shown any awareness of this concept. :)

Date: August 02, 2011 02:19AM

Stoic
This, from the movie, is good also, and aposite:

General Corman:

'Well, you see, Willard, in this war, things get confused out there. Power, ideals, the old morality, and practical military necessity. But out there with these natives, it must be a temptation to be God. Because there's a conflict in every human heart, between the rational and irrational, between good and evil. And good does not always triumph. Sometimes, the dark side overcomes what Lincoln called the better angels of our nature.'

[www.hark.com]

Man, you don't talk to the Apostle, you listen to him!

[www.hark.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/02/2011 02:21AM by zeuszor.

Date: August 02, 2011 05:16AM

Do the JCs own property in India?

Date: August 02, 2011 05:42AM

Not to my knowledge, but they've got significant ties to there. That's where the books are printed, for instance, I believe in Chennai (which also just happens to be the black-market organ capital of the world).

Posted by: Stoic ()
Date: August 02, 2011 06:19AM

They haven't had a membership presence there for a long time though?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.