Re: "Jesus Christians," "Australian cult," Dave McKay
Date: July 06, 2011 07:07AM

Trevor was recruited in early 2010 wasn´t he....McKay started to mention him publically towards the middle of the year I thought (must have had the poor lad´s money under lock and key by then!)...

It WAS a l-o-n-g time between Joe Johnson and Trevor Brown....McKay must have been aware that the "magic" was now starting to disappear.....

Casey is back in the "public eye"?....that is sounding like the "Graduation" then was staged (Casey can be recalled on demand, from McKay...while the others are instructed to remain silent...tells the world who they are all still taking orders from)....with the obvious intent of isolating the few remaining members he had at the last, from adverse information (well....from ANY information really....it´s ALL "adverse"!)

McKay always was a third rate cult leader...a splinter off the COG´s....first plagiarizing the Mo letters(Berg´s bastard?)....then anything else that he thought he might be able to "sell" as his own (e.g "Survivors" being his own cheap, rip off of Lahaye´s work)....I have commented earlier that in many ways, a staged "graduation¨" would serve as his own little "Jonestown"...

No one will follow him to their deaths...but McKay can still effectively "kill" them, by permanently separating them from any friends and family, poisoning their minds with the idea that they are "back-sliding" if they ever cease distributing his vile bile, instructing them to isolate themselves, forever in his (posthumous)service ....it would, no doubt, gladden the sick and vindictive little mind, David has, to think that he could ever achieve this.....

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: zeuszor ()
Date: July 06, 2011 08:01AM

He already has killed them, in a sense, many of them. This is my opinion.

Of course it's all a ruse. If you believe anything that ever comes from DM, then you are making a mistake.

Of course it was staged. Of course they are still together as an organized group, even if they no longer call themselves the Jesus Christians.

I wonder who is sheltering the McKays? They probably are in need of pretty serious medical care, too. Are they still living in a bus, or what? I have no idea.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/06/2011 08:02AM by zeuszor.

Date: July 06, 2011 08:04AM

The God of Dave McKay punishes and fails to forgive. DM constantly criticizes the faults, weak points and lacks of denominational churches. DM has a knack for identifying the inconsistencies and hypocrisies within the churches, but he also belittles them. DM puts words to what many people, especially young people, feel. There is still this 60’s and early 70’s-style rebellious streak that is still in him; he doesn’t want to cooperate with The System. He continually berates many Christians, even though a considerable number of them have over the years aided him in his work of forming and maintaining the JCs.

If a cult leader maintains control of a follower’s mind, then they can manipulate them. They don’t need to go after their money directly or steal from them. If the cult leader exerts and continues control over the followers mind, then he has access to everything that belongs to the follower.

Power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely. This is my opinion of DM. Every former member that I have read of expresses the same thought about DM and his lust for power and control. The early JCs began with some honorable intentions, but as DM garnered more and more power he became blinded. He is leading all the JCs into a ditch.

In making these statements I am not interested in seeking revenge nor am I trying to be cruel. I am trying to inform people so they can make a choice based on facts. We all know that the JCs will never change as long as DM is the sole uncontested leader. DM may write new teachings or they may live in new places or they may wear their hair different or wear different clothes (or they may "graduate") but the basic theme will always be obedience to DM and his teachings. DM exercises sole unchallenged control over the JCs with no one to keep him in check. DM promotes the idea of checks and balances in his teachings, and that no one person should ever exert sole leadership of a religious movement or community, but his own lifestyle runs contrary to his teachings.

The JCs maintains its own criteria for judging fruit which states “Judge a tree by its fruit. If the fruit is rotten the tree is rotten.” They proclaim that the JCs are for everyone and that those who fail to respond will suffer physical and spiritual death. Community members believe that Jesus only grants protection to them. Young adults leave their parents to join with the JCs. The man and wife relationship is repeatedly tempered with, as well. Because people can’t implicitly obey David McKay some have attempted suicide. Some ex-members have reportedly committed suicide. Although the JCs outwardly promote personal relationships with non-members, these friendships are not allowed to develop or flourish. Many remain in the JCs 5 or 10 years, or for however long, and then get kicked out or they may decide to leave which reduces them to zero financially, spiritually and emotionally. What kind of shape are these folks reduced to after contact with the JCs? This is the visible fruit of the Jesus Christians.

Date: July 06, 2011 08:27AM

Yes I agree with you Zeuszor, that the basic theme is simply obediance to Dave and his teachings....

The "visible fruit" to my mind is that McKay has defrauded approximately 100 individuals over the span of many years into spending the days of their lives, doing nothing other than "selling" his ghastly, self promoting written work (once he has first connived them into pooling all they have into the "communal purse".....) and having them invite others to be similarly defrauded...all the "stunts" and "good works" have no other purpose in McKays mind than to lend him some much needed legitimacy....with which the bolster his own personal "standing" with any interested media...that´s all India ever was...or Kenya ever will likely be.....

Date: July 06, 2011 08:33AM

Regardless of whatever good ideals the group as a whole may have started with, it in my opinion was all pretty much poisoned and therefore in a sense doomed from the beginning, just by virtue of David and his personality.

Posted by: Apollo ()
Date: July 06, 2011 08:48AM

They've ruined so many hopes and dreams. Joe being the prime example. Any chance he had of being a pro basketball player is now long gone. Joe may not admit it now but one day he'll look back on what might have been.

Once they join the cult their life is basically put on hold. It must be such a culture shock once they finally escape and return to the real world.

Date: July 06, 2011 08:51AM

Sad, that they give up their lives in order to try to BE David McKay.

Because that's what it is, isn't it? KC trying to BE David McKay?

Posted by: Blackhat ()
Date: July 06, 2011 08:55PM

zeuszor
Sad, that they give up their lives in order to try to BE David McKay.

Do you mean Grace and Ash and Malcolm and Trevor in that statement? Do you think there is one paradigm for all....?

Posted by: Apollo ()
Date: July 06, 2011 11:45PM

There's many reasons why one would join the group. I don't know much about Malcolm and Trevor's situation but in Grace and Ash's case they were both already at war with the world. They didn't want to work for a living. They were looking for a freeloading way out of the ''system''. McKay was able to offer that. Both still have that anti-establishment, freeloading, bratty attitude.

Once they're in the group they come to idolise Dave McKay. I know Malcolm has spoken of his fondness for the man when he was in the group. He is a very persuasive man. This is a man who God has at this time and in this corner of the world, anointed as his apostle. Who wouldn't want to be an Apostle?!!!

Date: July 07, 2011 04:33AM

Introject: To incorporate (characteristics of a person or object) into one's own psyche unconsciously.

Everybody in the group seems to introject David's own personality attributes to one degree or another, some more than others.

The longer they are in the group, the more thorough the introjection and the more solidified the internalization of David's though-world becomes.

Casey has introjected much of David's personality, by the looks of it. Fran used to mimic David's style quite closely, too.

Cloning of the leader (in whatever respect) among the rank-and-file membership is a common characteristic high-control groups like this.

You can take the person out of the group, but it's another thing entirely to get the group out of the person.

In fancy psychological talk, it's called introjection.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.