Re: "Jesus Christians," "Australian cult," Dave McKay
Posted by: Apollo ()
Date: July 09, 2011 05:37AM

The JCs must be like a lunatic asylum. Some of them will be beyond help. Especially the old timers like Ross. I'm not surprised to hear he takes all sorts of medication to keep him at least half sane. I bet he's an absolute nervous wreck, filled with paranoia. For a kid like Joe to buy into all this crap and at the same time disown his own family he must have a genuine mental illness.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/09/2011 05:56AM by Apollo.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: zeuszor ()
Date: July 09, 2011 05:47AM

Apollo
The JCs must be a like a lunatic asylum. Some of them will be beyond help. Especially the old timers like Ross. I'm not surprised to hear he takes all sorts of medication to keep him at least half sane. I bet he's an absolute nervous wreck, filled with paranoia. For a kid like Joe to buy into all this crap and at the same time disown his own family he must have a genuine mental illness.

Nah, I don't think it's mental illness per se. It all comes down to individuals' situational vulnerabilities, and one's having an understanding of the psychology of social influence (or microsociology), with respect to self-reinforcing systems of control. Does that make sense?

Date: July 09, 2011 06:10AM

Yes it makes sense but I still think Joe's behaviour would suggest he has some serious mental issues. This is a kid who ultimately replaced his own parents. Dave and consort Cherry are now mama and papa. Franky suggested that Joe may have joined the cult rather than face up to his sexuality and there may be some truth in that also. McKay's propaganda may have convinced him that joining the JCs was the only way he could be ''saved'', similar to Rinehart.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/09/2011 06:11AM by Apollo.

Date: July 09, 2011 07:07AM

Apollo
Yes it makes sense but I still think Joe's behaviour would suggest he has some serious mental issues. This is a kid who ultimately replaced his own parents. Dave and consort Cherry are now mama and papa. Franky suggested that Joe may have joined the cult rather than face up to his sexuality and there may be some truth in that also. McKay's propaganda may have convinced him that joining the JCs was the only way he could be ''saved'', similar to Rinehart.

Really, I think it's best not to conjecture with respect to these types of (personal, sexual) matters in this public forum, Apollo. Leave Joseph's pre-cult life out of it for the most part, in other words. Think of his family.

Date: July 09, 2011 07:21AM

zeuszor
Apollo

Really, I think it's best not to conjecture with respect to these types of (personal, sexual) matters in this public forum, Apollo. Leave Joseph's pre-cult life out of it for the most part, in other words. Think of his family.

Yeah, this may seem hypocritical coming from me but I've made a lot of mistakes and I have learned from them. That's all I'm going to say.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/09/2011 07:21AM by zeuszor.

Date: July 09, 2011 07:41AM

Yes you're quite right. I shouldn't allow the idol gossips and busybodies to influence me. Apologies to the Johnson family.

All the evidence points towards a mother and father who did an excellent job raising their son. The path Joe has taken only shows how one can be heavily influenced by bible manipulation and mind control.

Date: July 09, 2011 07:48AM

It's all about he power of the situation. The cognitive dissonance created by the conflict between a situational logic versus one's own internal ethics, and then the creation of consonance by means of effort justification. Remember that.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/09/2011 07:53AM by zeuszor.

Date: July 09, 2011 07:54AM

Noted.

Date: July 09, 2011 08:01AM

The process through which people become ensnared in high-control groups begins with essentially a situational trap, and a series of situational traps. That's it. That's how it works, distilled down; this analysis is probably a bit oversimplified, but still very accurate if I may say so myself.

The Dude Abides!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/09/2011 08:06AM by zeuszor.

Date: July 09, 2011 12:41PM

A situational trap?

Would you mean by that a "false dilemma" of some sort?

Say...

The Bible states that "the love of money is the root of all evil" and that we must seek "first" the Kingdom of God, hence the vast majority of those in paid employment (unless somehow sanctioned by McKay) are in fact in the unwitting service of Satan and we must necessarily reject the demands of a Godless society, by placing ourselves in God´s service by submitting to obediant membership in the nearest branch of the JesusChristians....

Where the initial noble assumtions, are not neccesarily followed by the simplistic "solutions" then provided....

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.