Re: "Jesus Christians," "Australian cult," Dave McKay
Posted by: zeuszor ()
Date: July 06, 2011 03:00AM

Follow this thread to see how well-received Crazy Amos at the time that I was originally (and anonymously, mind you) posting with that screen name there.

Crazy Amos's opinions (that is, my postings) were about as popular there as a fart in an elevator, at the time. This was in late 2008/early 2009. See how I got jumped, even when they didn't even know they were communicating with Brian?

You're welcome.

[jcs.xjcs.org]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/06/2011 03:01AM by zeuszor.

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: July 06, 2011 05:22AM

Your observations on Casey are of interest Zeuszor...

We of course, have the names now of most of the members down the years...I wonder what the average recruitment age would calculate out, to be?....I suspect somewhere in the mid twenties...

Raymond Sippel would have been the eldest member ever(at time of recruitment!) I believe...although Reinehardt too was fairly "senior" at the time he joined, wasn´t he?

Posted by: Apollo ()
Date: July 06, 2011 05:54AM

Welcome back to the thread Zeuszor. I've enjoyed reading your recent contributions. Always good to hear from Malcolm and Stoic aswell.

I've read KC's post on the JCs forum. If you removed his name from the post you would think it was Dave speaking. Their posting styles are almost identical. He mimic's the old goat. He also resembles an old friend of ours ''falling_leaves''.

Date: July 06, 2011 06:07AM

Hmm, when it comes to Rinehart I have no record of when exactly he joined the McKays. But, he's been around the group for more than ten years.

He is approximately 45 years of age now, and was involved (was arrested, actually) over the Bobby Kelly incident in the year 2000. He joined in India at some point after the split. This all to say that he was 34 or so when he got arrested over BK, and so he must have been in his late twenties or very early thirties when he joined.

Raymond SIPPEL was a member in 1983. SIPPEL was close to being a homeless vagabond (itinerant worker would be a kind description) when one of the witnessing teams brought him home to Rappville. David apparently took a dim view of such hospitality, but Sippel apparently stayed on and fit in quite well, contributing earnestly to the life of the community, before unexpectantly but deliberately “slipping away” one night while out on the road with one of the teams. It was rumored that he had come into some money through an inheritance and didn’t want to have to forsake it to the community. I have no information as to the age of Sippel.

The Kronmiller twins were in their mid-twenties when they joined.

Most of the recruits are late teens/earlier twenties though. At least they were in the West Coast recruitment push of '05-'06. That was the period of time in which the McKays got Joe, Grace, and Jose These three were all 18 at the time, if I am not mistaken. Though, the McKays were communicating with all three before those kids were "of age." They were communicating with Joe when he was as young as 16.

This is the McKay's general pattern, a profile of their "target audience" to to speak. Late teens/early twenties. I myself was 27 when I met them.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/06/2011 06:10AM by zeuszor.

Date: July 06, 2011 06:14AM

Apollo
Welcome back to the thread Zeuszor. I've enjoyed reading your recent contributions. Always good to hear from Malcolm and Stoic aswell.

I've read KC's post on the JCs forum. If you removed his name from the post you would think it was Dave speaking. Their posting styles are almost identical. He mimic's the old goat. He also resembles an old friend of ours ''falling_leaves''.

Thank you. I am not "back," however. I am here to try and help out a bit for the time being, and then will go dormant again.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/06/2011 06:14AM by zeuszor.

Date: July 06, 2011 06:20AM

zeuszor
Most of the recruits are late teens/earlier twenties though. At least they were in the West Coast recruitment push of '05-'06. That was the period of time in which the McKays got Joe, Grace, and Jose These three were all 18 at the time, if I am not mistaken. Though, the McKays were communicating with all three before those kids were "of age." They were communicating with Joe when he was as young as 16.

It's like waiting ages for a bus and then three come along at the same time. Has there been any further recruitment since those three?

Date: July 06, 2011 06:21AM

There was Trevor a couple of years or so ago. Other than him, I know of no others.

Date: July 06, 2011 06:24AM

Do you have any info on Trevor?

Date: July 06, 2011 06:35AM

His last name is Brown, and he was apparently a tourist who was in Australia on vacation when he met them. That's about all I know.

Date: July 06, 2011 07:03AM

zeuszor
Hmm, when it comes to Rinehart I have no record of when exactly he joined the McKays. But, he's been around the group for more than ten years.

He is approximately 45 years of age now, and was involved (was arrested, actually) over the Bobby Kelly incident in the year 2000. He joined in India at some point after the split. This all to say that he was 34 or so when he got arrested over BK, and so he must have been in his late twenties or very early thirties when he joined.

Raymond SIPPEL was a member in 1983. SIPPEL was close to being a homeless vagabond (itinerant worker would be a kind description) when one of the witnessing teams brought him home to Rappville. David apparently took a dim view of such hospitality, but Sippel apparently stayed on and fit in quite well, contributing earnestly to the life of the community, before unexpectantly but deliberately “slipping away” one night while out on the road with one of the teams. It was rumored that he had come into some money through an inheritance and didn’t want to have to forsake it to the community. I have no information as to the age of Sippel.

The Kronmiller twins were in their mid-twenties when they joined.

This is the McKay's general pattern, a profile of their "target audience" to to speak. Late teens/early twenties. I myself was 27 when I met them.

With respect to Rhyne-heart, I do seem to remember one of the others once commenting on meeting him in India back in the day. But I am probably mistaken there.

Anyway, I really do not think that he was a member at the time of the split, but am not 100% on that. What I am sure of is that he's been part of the group for more than 11 years.

BTW: that's American slang, "back in the day." ;-) Very academic.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/06/2011 07:05AM by zeuszor.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.