Re: "Jesus Christians," "Australian cult," Dave McKay
Posted by: Stoic ()
Date: June 04, 2011 08:01PM

''Battered wife syndrome'' sounds about right. So very very sad.

It has been said before by many that there is an eerie similarity to what happens in battered wife syndrome and how cult leaders maintain control over the followers--- and the dynamic of domination of one person by another, more ruthless operator until the less ruthless gives up all personal sense of individual agency is very accurate.

There doesn't even need to be much physical battering if the more ruthless operator can find a mental chink to manipulate and exercise control that way through subtle belittling and constant corrections and put-downs.

In my own case, the constant physical battering that I experienced as a child just made me more stubborn and determined to thwart the batterers that I had grown to hate with an all-consuming vengeance. I value my hatred for precisely that reason, I acknowledge that it kept a spark of something valuable alive in me long enough for me to escape and remain alive.

I think that the more intelligent cult leaders have recognised that physical battering does have this result in a proportion of the battered (the worm often turns)--and it makes them vulnerable themselves to the consequences of the uncontrollable rage that they have engendered in some of their victims--so they move to ever more covert and subtle means of the safer-for themselves-mental control.

I think the point I am trying to make here is that Ross is not necessarily a weak man, he just ran into a far more ruthless operator at a vulnerable time when he was unable to be ruthless himself and subsequently got stuck under the thumb.

IMO, Davejc is a sociopath and a personal ruthlessness is the only conceivable, pragmatic response to any engagement with him.
I am not here suggesting that he doesn't deserve to live or calling for him to be 'taken out'--just that he will attempt to dominate, for his own ends, anyone he comes across. And he has refined and honed, over many years, his ability to sniff out a person currently vulnerable to his manipulations.

If you choose to sup with the devil you should use a long spoon.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 06/04/2011 08:11PM by Stoic.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Blackhat ()
Date: June 04, 2011 10:49PM

I agree with the Battered Wife Syndrome. That is the nearest thing I can think of.

Looking at each and every victims sexuality, and questioning it on an internet forum is not on. That only exacerbates the abuse; to have bystanders speculating on your sexuality. It only makes the victim's suffering worse.

I like the way that the discussion is now more about battered wife syndrome than about speculating upon individual cult victims' sexuality.

Date: June 04, 2011 10:59PM

Stoic
IMO, Davejc is a sociopath and a personal ruthlessness is the only conceivable, pragmatic response to any engagement with him.
I am not here suggesting that he doesn't deserve to live or calling for him to be 'taken out'--just that he will attempt to dominate, for his own ends, anyone he comes across. And he has refined and honed, over many years, his ability to sniff out a person currently vulnerable to his manipulations.

Amen to that!

Posted by: Apollo ()
Date: June 05, 2011 02:13AM

Blackhat
Looking at each and every victims sexuality, and questioning it on an internet forum is not on. That only exacerbates the abuse; to have bystanders speculating on your sexuality. It only makes the victim's suffering worse.

Stop being a drama queen, Blackhat.

We are not considering the possibility that they may be rapists or murderers. We are simply considering what ones sexual persuasion may have been before joining the cult, for goodness sake.

I don't remember you showing similar outrage when others were discussing this subject in the past.

PS. Ross may have been a victim 30 odd years ago but he has now become a predator.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/05/2011 02:18AM by Apollo.

Date: June 05, 2011 03:42PM

The old sweetie wife is back!

[jesuschristians.com]
The Apostle
back online 04/06/2011 22:39
Well, it resulted in us being offline for nearly four weeks, but the good news is that we are saving the princely sum of $20 a month now, with a new service provider!

Well, you live and learn, and I learned the hard way on that one!

The forum is more or less inactive these days, but it is good to have material on here available for reference, in particular the studies, for those who want to know what we really teach!

Welcome back to any who happen this way again after us being offline for so long!

What a relief, David. We were all so worried about you...

[jesuschristians.com]
The Apostle
Re: Hope for dialogue with the X site? 04/06/2011 22:52
During the past four weeks of silence from us over here, the X site was gradually developing into quite a positive forum, with some interesting points being made on both sides in the homosexuality debate, etc. Then Sisal returned. But that too has been reasonable, with Josh and Glenn holding her/him, Brian, and Malcolm somewhat at bay.

The fact that there is not so much reaction to what I say here (at least partly due to the fact I have not said anything! lol) has given others there a chance to reveal themselves a bit more. Some went silent. Anita returned to the RR forum. And, as I said, others (e.g. Josh and Glenn) gave the forum a little more intelligent image.

Good work guys. Makes me wish I hadn't been banned! lol

It seems he's pleading for a return to the xjcs. Go on Nick, let him back on!

Date: June 05, 2011 03:46PM

''The forum is more or less inactive these days, but it is good to have material on here available for reference, in particular the studies, for those who want to know what we really teach!''

Shouldn't he be saying for those who want to know what we USED to teach? hmmmmmmmmmm

Date: June 05, 2011 04:58PM

[jesuschristians.com]
The Apostle
I'll send you a photo of almost all of us who went on the cruise, Peter. Maybe others have other more informal photos to share as well. (I have one of Cherry and me on the Hawaiian night.) We try not to post them on the Internet, because they have been used in the past to imtimidate us, and sometimes it's good if certain enemies do not have access to what we look like, in case they are hiding outside with a cork gun or something!

I'll send them to your latest email address, although it still seems like our emails are not getting through to you.

Ahhhhhhhhhh so it was Peter who got a hold of those photos...

God bless you Peter!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/05/2011 04:59PM by Apollo.

Date: June 05, 2011 08:21PM

Apollo, you are fastidious! Congratulations!

While you were finding this beautiful morsel, and I love it with all my heart, and while you were finding that Dave has resuscitated his forum, I was totally elsewhere.

I was having time with my extended family. I swung grandchildren from my knee! I laughed with daughters and sons... both those who are mine, and those who aren't mine, but are now mine through marriage. I felt so close with all of them, and there was nothing in the way of our close bond.

I can't imagine what Dave's life must be like, trying to substitute that feeling with the rush of scamming the next person who comes along to believe in his twaddle, and believing that a relationship with that poor soul can replace the bond within families.

Dave, I see you still use the royal plural when referring to

"what we really teach!"

I think it's fair to ask for you to define "we" at this stage. Can you do that please?

Date: June 05, 2011 11:12PM

Yes...I agree that "we" does need to be more precisely defined...thank you Blackhat for raising the matter....

Of course, McKay will lie.....but WHAT will he lie about...there's the "clue".

The remaining JC's no longer post on McKay Inc. and yet, nor have many of them (yet) "re-engaged" with family and former friends....

...I'm wondering if in fact, McKay hasn't simply betrayed them (dating from November last year)....and the former JC's realize this, however are in the unenviable position, of still, "believing" in the DREAM (McKay of course, knowing that it's just whatever bullshit he could peddle), while they are yet estranged from David....hence a little similarly to the split in '96, they are silently, and valiantly in their eyes, plodding on....without him!

McKay would continue to claim them as "his" knowing that there's no-one (yet!)about to repudiate him.....

Date: June 05, 2011 11:15PM

God bless you, for the strength you've clearly shown down the years, Stoic!...Your perspicuous observations are again "bang" on the money, IMO!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.