Re: "Jesus Christians," "Australian cult," Dave McKay
Posted by: Apollo ()
Date: June 09, 2011 11:53PM

Still we see no sign of Dave's victims/followers, over six months after the ''disband''.

Perhaps they finally took a stand against Dave's soft approach towards paedophiles?

Perhaps there was more to ''X's'' departure which we know happened a short period before the ''disband''?

What would lead to Dave handing over the Takatifu Gardens property to an unknown German charity?

Whatever way you look at it this doesn't look good. McKay's recent behaviour has been that of a man under a great deal of stress. My prayers at this time are with the young African children who may have come into contact with the JCs. I hope we don't have another ‘’India’’ on our hands but I fear the worst.

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: June 10, 2011 07:58PM

zeuszor
Adopt-a-patient

Casey has started up a website to promote the adopt-a-patient program which he started in Nairobi. With this program, volunteers take responsibility for visiting individual patients at a local hospital. The program has been steadily growing over the past year, and is much appreciated by both the staff and patients at the hospital.

Here is the link to the web site:
[www.adopt-a-patient.webs.com]

''I've recently traveled to Australia for 3 months. The plan is to be back in Kenya by early September.''

So we now know Casey had planned to return to Kenya as recently as September. It seems Casey has been a key player in the JCs various projects in Kenya. We have a picture of him taking the local childrens running club and this adopt-a-patient program is yet another project which would involve working closely with vulnerable children.

Date: June 12, 2011 12:23AM

David, to my mind, is "telling" us that he perceives himself (and probably accurately perceives himself) to be in a "weak position"....

He has had to stoop to "re-engaging" with Zoe (as clearly none of the former JC's would assist him manage the Wikipage or the JC site, both tasks well beyond David's feeble abilities).....Were David to consider himself in a "strong position", Zoe would remain cast aside as so much dross....as people are only "things" to him, when he feels "powerful", they are summarily "dispensed into condemnation" once they are considered to have "crossed" him.....Zoe was dumped once already and would remain so, unless a "need" arose for her.....

Zoe is clearly vulnerable, but David is apparently in some bother....

Still, I wonder, if he hasn't simply "down-sized" his empire, by "rationalizing" staff numbers....He has an income of his own now (an aged pension)....he still owns his cult in that he possesses the all important "mouth piece" (here the internet sites).....the former "personnel" having now served their purpose. All he (has come to realize that he still) needs is someone gullible enough (Ms Zoe Briggs?) to meekly assist him with the technical operation of the 'net!

Posted by: Stoic ()
Date: June 12, 2011 02:46AM

The people lately featured on the blog seem to be only two new prospects also, Ian and Alex--along with the sometimes tolerated, if he is deferential enough, Glenn.

I think he has abandoned or been abandoned by the others, to a large extent--a good sign--although I am sure that he still has the hooks in, for insurance.

Those exer's need to understand a bit about indoctrination and manipulation if they are remain free of him or someone with a similar M.O. in the future

Date: June 12, 2011 03:42AM

It would appear his flock have disowned him but perhaps that's how it's supposed to appear? It could of course be an underhand tactic.

The forum boycott does seem supicious. It looks a LITTLE bit shifty.

On the other hand, hauling out Miss Briggs would suggest he's now scraping the very bottom of the barrel. He may not have too many allies left.

He knows he can always call upon the emotionally needy social misfits like Glen and Zoe but is that enough?

Is that really enough for a man who has ''led'' his flock for over three decades?

His forum is like a morgue these days. Every post must go through his moderation. He seems to be running a tight ship. Doughball Glen claims only half of his posts make it through moderation. I've asked him to put forward some pressing questions but there's more chance of me finding the correct spelling for that German (Lurch) dude's name.

Posted by: Stoic ()
Date: June 12, 2011 05:45PM

The possible reason for the re-emergence of Zoe, aka Jinny the Squinny, aka Lisa Simpson?

[forum.culteducation.com]

'Dave can't excommunicate Lisa Simpson (formerly known as Jinny the Squinny). Lisa is Zoe BRIGGS the Jesus Christians' website owner. That is why some people might say, that Dave compromises his position. '

Date: June 12, 2011 06:10PM

Malcolm pointed out that the JCs forum had recently been updated which was the first time it had been updated since the ''disband'' last November. It would seem McKay has called upon Zoe for her computer skills. Her brief appearance on the JCs wiki page was probably just another attempt to win some browny points. McKay probably still has a huge emotional hold over her, and the same can be said of Glen whose bad smell continues to linger.

Date: June 13, 2011 01:20AM

Glenn has tried to "communicate" with McKay....I don't think that can be really held against him. McKay can be "cloying sweet" when he has a mind to (...i.e. he needs you for some reason).....that may be all that Glenn and Zoe have experienced of the man....their impressions are understandable(if, I would continue to argue, possibly a little shallow.....)

Zoe has been good enough to correct my misapprehensions at her ongoing "involvement" in the OTHER forum...just "passing through" apparently (?)

It would behove her, perhaps to consider that the "friendly and faithful" JC she has met, may somehow, not be ringing endorsements of McKay the man.

Date: June 13, 2011 01:51AM

Zoe only cares about her own personal experiences with the cult. She has made that abundantly clear.

As long as they continue to make her feel all warm and fuzzy inside she'll turn a blind eye to their misdemeanors and continue to support them in public.

She's shallow, insecure, ignorant, selfish and emotionally needy.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/13/2011 01:54AM by Apollo.

Date: June 13, 2011 03:58PM

The lady doth protest too much, methinks.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.