Current Page: 74 of 115
Re: "Jesus Christians," "Australian cult," Dave McKay (thread 2)
Posted by: zeuszor ()
Date: December 12, 2011 12:17AM

Mark Scheiderer
What about magic mushrooms? Do you still do them?

To answer your question, Mark: no, I do not. My life is much different now.

Apollo, Mal: why not go to XJCs and ask them about Vicki? After all, they are all about a free discussion. Besides, it'd give them some traffic.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Apollo ()
Date: December 12, 2011 01:00AM

It would be a waste of time, Zeuszor. They simply aren't interested.

Even if they do know about the circumstances which led to Vicki's suicide I doubt it's a subject they would be willing to discuss.

Date: December 12, 2011 01:07AM

Then why does it say, "Free Discussion"?

Posted by: Apollo ()
Date: December 12, 2011 01:29AM

Because you can post what you like. Just don't expect others to join you.

Date: December 12, 2011 01:37AM

Sad. Well, God bless Vicki and her kids. I hope it isn't true, but have heard many rumors, myself.

Today is the third Sunday of Advent (also known as Gaudete Sunday), according to the Christian liturgical calendar.

[lectionary.library.vanderbilt.edu]

Let us meditate upon the words of 1 Thessalonians 5:16-24 today. Thanks be to God.

5:16 Rejoice always,

5:17 pray without ceasing,

5:18 give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.

5:19 Do not quench the Spirit.

5:20 Do not despise the words of prophets,

5:21 but test everything; hold fast to what is good;

5:22 abstain from every form of evil.

5:23 May the God of peace himself sanctify you entirely; and may your spirit and soul and body be kept sound and blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.

5:24 The one who calls you is faithful, and he will do this.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/12/2011 01:40AM by zeuszor.

Posted by: Stoic ()
Date: December 12, 2011 01:56AM

I've just had a small gospel choir in singing carols and stuff, so your meditation is apposite, zeuszor. It was very lively, friendly and jolly.

There was this I noticed on the Wankers page, I thought it PR with no possibility of truth in it, but may be mistaken:

[www.jesuschristians.com]

"Graduate" Report 03/10/2011 20:19
Over the past few months I have been having a great deal of difficulty containing my excitement about reports I have been receiving from the various graduates; but I'm going to share a bit now, hoping that I don't say too much and cause any of them problems of the sort that Cherry and I have had to deal with for the past few years.

The exciting thing is how graduation has resulted in such a variety of innovations. People are going into several new countries, producing their own literature, participating in political demonstrations, living more and more without money, and trying new approaches on the streets (e.g. one novel approach which has landed some of them with the nickname of "The Happiness People"). Many are already aware of Casey's hospital ministry in Kenya and all that the Gianstefanis are doing through the media in the U.K. But that is only the tip of the iceberg.

Anyway, that's probably enough. The exciting thing is just that, without Cherry and me or the name Jesus Christians being used, growth has actually increased. Not a stampede just yet, but a good strong steady growth.

Oh, and Cherry and I have been growing too, with a couple of new projects of our own. But I won't say anything more about that.

Made me wonder exactly what he and Cherry were growing in their damp camper-van in their dotage, mushrooms maybe or just mould?

I have never really wanted to get on the xJC's forum, as I talk too much anyway-- but might reconsider. Do you think they would accept me at all?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/12/2011 01:59AM by Stoic.

Date: December 12, 2011 02:04AM

Whoop-dee-doo, so they're camping out in the streets with the Occupiers or hanging out with the Catholic Workers again, something like that. How does that make any of them better than you or me, you know?

Date: December 12, 2011 02:05AM

Stoic
I have never really wanted to get on the xJC's forum, as I talk too much anyway-- but might reconsider. Do you think they would accept me at all?

Not if you are truly interested in a free discussion.

Posted by: Stoic ()
Date: December 12, 2011 02:26AM

How does that make any of them better than you or me, you know?

Well, they ain't, but they're the only ones who don't know that yet.

Knopfler alert:

[www.youtube.com]

Date: December 12, 2011 05:13AM

Praise The Lord & Pass The Ammunition!

Have a great week, all! Happy Holidays!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/12/2011 05:14AM by zeuszor.

Current Page: 74 of 115

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.