Re: Byron Katie (the Work) and Eckhart Tolle Legit??
Posted by: corboy ()
Date: March 15, 2009 10:21PM

Avoid the Trolls---Be a Secret Santa

Maybe its best to not give advance notice that you are about to reveal something that a questionable person or group wants to keep hidden, keep secret in the worst sense.

Instead, not be like Santa Claus, and do not announce the time you plan to arrive bearing gifts of truth telling.

Let RR.com wake up to it next morning.

Dont tell us when you're going to be flying by in your magic sleigh.

Maybe Santa keeps quiet so that no one can talk him into not bringing gifts.

Advice:

Do NOT announce in advance here on the message board that you are going to publish information here about what goes on during 'secret' events.

Why?

If you give prior notice on the board that you are about to mention 'family secrets', it will give the Other Side time to mobilize its troops and and design a psychological operations campaign against you.

Many of us seek healing precisely because we were harmed by family secrets of various sorts in childhood.

We got crippled by messages of 'Dont Tell.'

This is not playful secret keeping of the kind that Santa does. This is the kind of secret keeping that wounds and keeps us chained in fear in the basement of our hearts--sometimes a secret we keep even from ourselves because we dissociate and split it off from conscious awareness.

For abuse survivors, the prospect of violating the Dont Tell Taboo of revealing Secrets is terrifying.

And let me tell you no licensed therapist will call the process of psychotherapy secret.

He or she will speak in terms of your privacy and confidentiality--both of which are legally and professionally defined.

But...'Secret' is a loaded word. All too often families and abusers will tell you 'Keep this secret' or 'Dont you dare tell anyone.'

Before you break the Secrecy Taboo, you need to build a foundation so that you cannot easily be spooked and silenced yet again.

First, read this entire thread.

The entire is full of good information. You will read how other people revealed secrets. And you will see which ones stayed and which ones were silenced and you can avoid the same fate.

Two you can see The Anticult is still here, vigorous as ever, despite all of TACs fine grained descriptions of rare BK books like Losing the Moon and Cry in the Desert.

So are Helpme and Garden of Even.

TAC is still here and has not been struck down by lightening.

So, bulk up and get yourself strong and savvy by reading this entire thread. The time will be well spent.

Two, discuss any prior concerns ahead of time with Mr Ross.

Three, write out drafts of your posts.

Then, only when you ready and the time is right for you, post the material.

If you get PM's from any new people who dont have prior history here, wait to read them until you calm down.

(Heck, you dont even have to read PMs at all if someones name is unfamiliar).

In line with 'Christa's' contribution, here is a URL to a post with which I greeted Garden of Even.

It contains some links and information about trolling.

[forum.culteducation.com]

And to chime in with Christa's comments about author audits...those only show what happen on the message board.

We have no way of knowing whether JJ was targeted via PM.

I think the take home lesson is this:

First, read this entire thread. Many people seem to jump in at the end, and miss the benefit of reading the entire thing. It is effort well spent and will support your ongoing recovery.

If you were once a member of a group, disclose as little personal information as possible.

And assume they know how to push your buttons and watch out if you get any strong emotions in response to posts.

As one of the troll sites states, some trolls learn methods of verbal seduction from Speed Dating and then use it to toy with people. And more than one troll may
collaborate to target someone.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: corboy ()
Date: March 15, 2009 11:55PM

Correction, I meant to write, "Instead, be like Santa Claus"

rather than

"Instead, not be like Santa Claus' --I need more coffee in the mornings.

Posted by: freedom fighter ()
Date: March 16, 2009 11:31AM

corboy
Correction, I meant to write, "Instead, be like Santa Claus"

rather than

"Instead, not be like Santa Claus' --I need more coffee in the mornings.

To be or not to be, that is the question. :-)

Posted by: quackdave ()
Date: March 16, 2009 09:56PM

It's great for me to see this particular thread still very active. Great to read Christa's post, since I was involved VERY early with the other cult in question. The Internet was still so young, at the time, that the correspondence I got from that "other" organization was actually by USPS Mail! They finally gave up on me after a long period of non-response on my part. I think the Internet has kind of opened up a whole new can of worms, so to speak.

This thing about the coupling of trolling/disrupting and PM-ing is very interesting. It actually happened to me, not that long ago. I was telling quite a bit about something in particular, involving the "work on the web", and someone came to me with what at first glance might have looked like an innocent message. It wasn't. I posted it earlier, for group dissection, but the topic veered in another direction. These messages can be very loaded, as I will point out:

I have been reading about Byron Katie after discovering The Work recently. I have tried it and it seems simple and unthreatening. I found this forum and am trying to understand what negative effects people have had from doing the work. There were some mentions of people feeling detached, and lots of discussion of manipulative techniques, and several "I heard of someone who gave $$" but no first-hand accounts of people's actual bad experiences. Did you find yourself having urges to give BKI money, or stuff like that? Did you feel like you were becoming dependent on her? What triggered your decision to unsubscribe from her newsletter? What should I be on the lookout for?

Firstly, this person was not 'casual' to this forum; they had studied me. To have done that, they should have come across the first hand accounts that they claimed they couldn't find. That looks suspiciously like lying, to me. Now, note the NLP (buzzwords, if you will) and trickiness that follows. 'Urges" to give BK money? That, my friends, is an overt attempt to program me to do just that--have urges to give BK money. I mean, look at this crap: "Feeling dependent on her", "what triggered" my decision, and finally the lame attempt at ignorance of the subject with "What should I be on the lookout for". The PMs that jj52 hinted at getting from Jon Willis were never shared. I would have loved to see one.

Finally, I was lucky that I wasn't more vulnerable at the time of the PM. (I never directly responded to it) I was, I think, about done with all of the many years of following the next 'guru of the month', and had some experience with hypnosis and NLP, not to mention many hours of seminars by all the big names in guru-land. I think corboy made an excellent point about not giving too much info away, and to protect and insulate yourself from these sneaky goofs. On the other hand, I like earlier posts by The Anticult about loading the names of BK, BKI, the books, etc. for the purpose of loading the "metatags" into the search engines, for people to find this thread and forum. This, by the way, is exactly how I came here and finally found my freedom from a lifetime of following hucksters like Byron Katie. So, finding that balance might end up being difficult for some new folks on this thread. Perhaps sharing it by PM with someone who has resilience to these trolls would be the prudent way for you to get the info posted on this thread. After a thorough reading of this entire thread, those resilient individuals become obvious.

Glad to be part of this.

qd

Byron Katie (the Work) and Presuppositions in individual persuasion
Posted by: The Anticult ()
Date: March 17, 2009 02:52AM

(no need to fear mentioning Scientology, as they have been mentioned before, and don't show up. BK might have some similarities to some of the mental control methods of Scientology).

but that PM is interesting.
The paragraph below does have what they call in NLP, "presuppositions" embedded in it.
[en.wikipedia.org]
Search Google for the word 'presuppostion', those are used a lot.

But the paragraph below does begin with the BK advertising pitch, that The Work is simple and unthreatening. That is how its deliberately presented, when in fact the overall structure of who Byron Katie is doing is anything but simple. But granted, most people can't see those meta-level processes without some training, which is unfortunate.

But he does describe the Byron Katie process!
1) making people feel detached (dissociation from emotions/reality using The Work Questions/Turnaround, denial of reality, Confusion Techniques, solipsism, etc)
2) manipulative techniques (unconscious suggestions, LGAT group persuasion, social influence, Stories, sales, etc)
3) giving money (gifts, donations, more BKI seminars for 5 years, handing over valuables and possessions, etc)

That's it!
And contrary to what he said, there are many first hand accounts of people's experiences.

As far as the urge to give BK money, that is interesting. There have been BK members who have stated they spent 8K on seminars, and have GIVEN BK more that 15K. Why are so many people just handing over free-money to BK? Because that is being engineered into them, almost from day one. Even her books constantly talk about that, even just as a metaphor to start. And notice her videos about people being happy about "losing everything". There are people deep into the BK system, who are turning everything they own over to BK, that is certain. They even go into DEBT to Katie and BKI for YEARS, as shown in the forum too. Indentured Servitude. That is real, that is not imagination.

Lastly, it seems he may have been interested in gaining info on exactly WHY he unsubscribed. That seems to be information gathering, possibly? In sales, you always try to find the exact thing that blocks a sale, or causes the dreaded Buyers Remorse. Quitting the Work on The Web, is a form of Buyers Remorse, so they would want to figure out why people quit, when they do quit, to try and stop that in the future.

So yes, be careful about PM's from Byron Katie related people. The higher-ups in BK-land, and those who sell BK stuff for a living, are very savvy folks.
Their #1 technique is ALWAYS to try to isolate the person in secret, one-on-one. You see that everytime. They won't have an open free discussion like in a forum with a serious critic, as they can't control it. But they will take someone who may be sitting on the fence about BK, and then get them in private, even on the telephone! That has happened many times already.

So its completely possible that a savvy BK salesperson, sized up a person who quit BK recently, and then sends them private messages meant to push their buttons.
Makes sense really. They would monitor forums critical of BK, and when they see a former BK person, they contact them in a friendly way by PM, and do some subtle BK tactics on them.
They know if they can get to the person in private, they have a very high chance of turning them back, or at least turning them away from critical thinking.

You won't see any senior BK people come openly into a forum like this, and dispute the facts about the group persuasion techniques of Byron Katie, as they can't, as they are objective facts.
They only hope is to...
isolate, detach, persuade, and sell.

quackdave

I have been reading about Byron Katie after discovering The Work recently. I have tried it and it seems simple and unthreatening. I found this forum and am trying to understand what negative effects people have had from doing the work. There were some mentions of people feeling detached, and lots of discussion of manipulative techniques, and several "I heard of someone who gave $$" but no first-hand accounts of people's actual bad experiences. Did you find yourself having urges to give BKI money, or stuff like that? Did you feel like you were becoming dependent on her? What triggered your decision to unsubscribe from her newsletter? What should I be on the lookout for?

Now, note the NLP (buzzwords, if you will) and trickiness that follows. 'Urges" to give BK money? That, my friends, is an overt attempt to program me to do just that--have urges to give BK money. I mean, look at this crap: "Feeling dependent on her", "what triggered" my decision, and finally the lame attempt at ignorance of the subject with "What should I be on the lookout for".

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/17/2009 03:01AM by The Anticult.

Re: Byron Katie (the Work) and malignant narcissism
Date: March 17, 2009 11:04AM

It is fascinating how the Byron Katie folks do target people who are considering walking away from The Work. There have been examples where people who wrote emails, got back confusing emails from Stephen Mitchell.

When people are backing away from Byron Katie, then tend to go from idealizing her, to demonizing her, which is a normal response, of course.
Its very clear that Byron Katie is able to get people to actually believe almost anything she wants them to believe about her. Many of her followers literally believe she is some type of "divine" being, or whatever. You see her engineering that in her CD's and books, usually when she says..."others say I am _____".

Its amazing on one hand she says she is just a humble teacher going only where she is asked, and in the next breath, she says she is a CEO hiring and firing. Its comical, really.

In reality, she is just your standard New Wage Guru, with a more subtle presentation. There are hundreds of them out there, some more damaging than others.

Its interesting how her own daughter said Byron Katie was one of the nastiest pieces of work she ever came across, and was a horrible mother. And then, after she "changed", even her daughter thought it was a con-job.

Now that is the typical Guru pattern. Almost every one of them had a horrible life they hated, and one day they must just think, screw it, and decide to start over, often with a new name, and a new persona.
Their personality doesn't change, just the MASK they present to others.
Its pretty easy to present a false image to the public, and even to family members, especially if they are on the payroll.
And some can continue drinking and pill-popping in secret, that is very common too.

The problem with Byron Katie analysis right now, is that its still a little ahead of the curve. It going to take more time for more facts to come out. Will BKI become as organized as Scientology? How far are they going to to take it?

But the reality is that Byron Katie is no saint, and no supreme evil. Just your fairly standard issue damaging New Wage Guru, with a quite severe dark side, and there are dozens if not hundreds at that level. They are motivated by fairly standard things, intitally money and fame and attention, then power, then respect.
The problem is that its hard to see behind the iron curtain of these groups, as these days they force all of their inner circle to sign non-disclosure agreements, so even when they leave, they have to keep quiet.

But it is laughable when Byron Katie tries to present herself as some humble spiritual teacher in one breath, then God Almighty in the next breath, then BKI CEO in the next breath.
The reality is closer to BKI CEO, and BK performer and mass persuader and manipulator.
Her personality didn't really change from the early years.

How many people know someone who was an alcoholic/addict for decades, and then quit? Sure, they quit the juice, but they usually don't change very much in their personality. If anything, they become more self-absorbed, and more self-obsessed. Its the supremely self-absorbed people, the narcissists, who often due the most damage to others, just because all they care about is themselves. They have no empathy, you basically don't exist to them.

Basically every single New Wage Guru false into this pattern. They probably don't get up in the morning and want to go out and hurt people for no reason, its just that they are so pathologically self-absorbed and narcissistic, they just USE people for their own ends, and often feel self-righteous about it. There is almost nothing more dangerous and harmful than dealing intimately with a malignant narcissist. If you get hurt by them, that's YOUR BUSINESS, not theirs.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/17/2009 11:10AM by The Anticult.

Posted by: Pilot ()
Date: March 17, 2009 01:39PM

I went back and read the Jon Willis era posts and what happened with jj-it seemed to me that she got hyper sensitive when people had a different take on what was happening and couldn't handle the fact that others weren't as protective of poor suffering jon willis-so, I guess that is either a result of her experience with bk or the reason for getting involved with it in the first place.

Maybe this will sound harsh, but if you give that much to a LGAT, how stable are you to begin with? Take Carol Skolnick for example. ( I had a brush with SYDA a few years back and actually liked it. ) If I had posted about Gurumayi around that time, I might have sounded like Jon Willis on the surface, did me no harm, etc. Carol Skolnick, after having been through the mill with a guru, and would jump ship to another one-it is the difference between whether or not you give up your identity to the group/guru. I did not, but I saw some who did and many of them are probably on the ex-syda boards demonizing gm, which is OK by me, but at first I found it kind of disturbing and didn't understand why anyone would bother, then it started to make sense.

If somebody kinda uses the work occasionally to calm down their road rage or whatever, what's the harm? Just like if somebody chants the Gurugita and feels OK, what's the harm? When people become fanatics in any cult or religion, that is on them, if you bend over backwards to coddle the likes of jj-you are putting ALL the blame on bk and Guruhoocheecooananda, etc, and forgetting that they were not forced to spend $$$ and go to retreats, and hand over their will on a silver platter. Fanaticism has been around a lot longer than Werner Eckhardt and BK...it just seems like some are more likely to fall into the trap than others, that's life.

I hope I don't sound like a total a-hole here, but after reading this entire thread I have very little patience for the so-called victims of LGAT's-what happened to personal responsibility?? On the other hand I do not in any way support the idea that it is cool to mess with the free will of others via stealth mind manipulation.

Byron Katie, Werner Erhard, Landmark, David Wood, coaching scams
Date: March 17, 2009 01:51PM

Here is the type of "coach" you have to watch out for, and avoid at all costs.
David Wood, who has been a Landmark forum coach, and says he spent 30 Days at the Byron Katie Turnaround House of horrors.
What an awful combination, Landmark (Werner Erhard) and Byron Katie.
Truly disturbing.
Landmark is one of the worst LGAT's on the face of the earth. [www.culteducation.com]

The only useful thing about it, is looking at the methods that Coaches sell to eachother on how to get new clients. Learn their tricks of the trade.
The problem is, they are also trying to sell the coaches, on how to selling coaching!
They have all the angles covered, always upselling.

He tells people how to get Testimonials, in exchange for a "free session".
Notice this is the exact Byron Katie approach...using "freebies"?

Also, notice his slimeball technique of fabricating that he is getting $1,000 an hr (total bullshit), to then make $100 an hr seem like charity. The creepy salespeople always go into this slimey coaching business.
Avoid these types of "coaches" at all costs.

[www.healthywealthynwise.com]

David Wood - Finding the Courage to Find Your Freedom By: Chris Attwood

CHRIS ATTWOOD: For me, perhaps David's most impressive credential is that he recently spent a month with Byron Katie at her Turnaround House diving deeply into the process Katie calls "The Work." Some of you know my partner, Janet. Janet and I feel The Work is the most powerful process for undoing the beliefs that keep each of us from living a life of passion.
DAVID WOOD: Yes. I went and did a course at Landmark Education called The Forum, and I was pretty cynical. ...
What I found was that people were having incredible breakthroughs in just three days. Their lives were changing, and they were doing things that were completely unpredictable, like getting in touch with a father they hadn't spoken with for 10 years, and like that. I thought, "Wow! This is great, but I'm still not going to do any more of these courses."

As time went on I saw that the people who did the second course were even happier. They were bouncing off the walls with enthusiasm; they had lots of energy. I thought, "I want some of that," so I did the second one. I found that I was accidentally coaching people. I didn't really mean to, but I found people would get blocked and they'd be stuck.

CHRIS ATTWOOD: This brings up the question of the fee. Are there standard fees for coaching, or is there a way that coaches can determine what a reasonable fee is?

DAVID WOOD: I don't know, because I say that a reasonable fee is what the market will pay. That's how I decide what a reasonable fee is. If people can afford $1,000 an hour for my time, then I'm really happy to accept that. When I'm getting that kind of rate, then I might take people on for $100 an hour just as a kind of charitable exercise, because they might not have the money, but I just want to help them rather than to throw them to a new coach.

DAVID WOOD: Yes, and here's another thing. I don't want to lay too much on for people, but you can start this in the beginning; you don't have to start with the big discounting. If someone says, "How much is it?" you say, "It's $900 for three months." Then shut up. Just say your fee and then shut up. Just let them do whatever they're going to do. If they balk at it and they feel like that's a stretch for their budget, then you can come out with the discount offer.
Tell them it's a 12-month program, that there's a discount for that, here it is, and just see how they react. If they say no to 12 months, then six months is now going to sound much more attractive to them. You're positioning it in their mind as a long-term thing rather than a just getting a quick fix in the next week. That tip alone can increase your income by a factor of five to 10.

Re: Byron Katie (the Work) and blaming the victims
Date: March 17, 2009 02:21PM

Yes, blame the victim, nice job. That is what Byron Katie, Werner Erhard, and all the Guru's do for a living.
(Gurumayi of SYDA is a blatant manipulative fraud, by the way)

JJ never blamed BK for everything, she was just pointing out the facts of what happened. If anything, she seemed to overblame herself, for not knowing what was going on sooner. but coming out of cultic situations is tough emotionally, so its time to let her go, and take the focus off her. She is not the focus.

The focus is Byron Katie and her precise methods.
BK is using highly complex techniques, and doing it very well.
And the issue about it being "voluntary" is the biggest scam that Byron Katie pulls.

Here is an example.
Did you know that Jim Jones of Jonestown also had many of his own followers "voluntarily" kill themselves, and murder their own children "voluntarily"? (many were also murdered).
Did you know that Jim Jones, right before he "suggested" hundreds to their deaths "voluntarily" also asked if anyone had any "objections" and let them speak? Its all on tape. [forum.culteducation.com]
How did Jim Jones get some of his followers to seemingly "voluntarily" kill themselves?
Why did he ask if their were any objections, and appear to let them speak?
Time to put on your thinking cap.

What does this have to do with Byron Katie and other Guru's?
Everything.
Jim Jones was a HERO to the local San Francisco society, right up until the day he convinced all his followers to commit "suicide". Politicians/media were against him being investigated, as they were in bed with him, in terms of money and elections. Jim Jones was not some nutjob, he was connected, and he was very sophisticated in the techniques he used to control and manipulate his followers.

So this is the typical bullshit about Byron Katie being "voluntary". That is a legal loophole, to try and protect herself from problems. There is NOTHING VOLUNTARY about the complex social influence she is doing to people.
She actually does many similar tactics as Jim Jones, like making people think she is more than human, getting people to work for free, etc.
One of many others, is she "suggests" people ONLY focus on Byron Katie during her LGAT seminars, and do not read other material, or even talk to family. That is the exact same tactic Jim Jones used, intensive brainwashing.

So no one is suggesting Byron Katie is the new Jim Jones. But she uses many of the EXACT same techniques as he did, as many Gurus do. And Jim Jones was mostly a hero until his last day.

I have no patience for the apologists of the LGAT cult mongers, who try to blame the victims.
These threads are about pointing out the facts.
And if Byron Katie supporters had any personal honesty or honor, they would come on here and explain WHY Byron Katie does all these dozens of tactics on people.

Its not "voluntary", that is a lie, that is a fraud.
If its voluntary, so are the followers who "voluntarily" take their own lives in the name of a cult leader. That "appears" voluntary to people who are ignorant of the facts too.
Just like it appears "voluntary" that they hand over all their money, work for free, have sex on command, etc. And Byron Katie is preparing people to GIVE EVERYTHING almost from her first contact in a book or recording.

The question is EXACTLY how are Guru's able to ENGINEER behaviors and thoughts that APPEAR voluntary, but are engineered by the Guru? Byron Katie engineers all this stuff into people who are at all open to her.
The way out of it is doing what this message board says to do, which is to self-educate.
Byron Katie targets a specific audience with no experience in this area ON PURPOSE. She doesn't target people who have training in these areas.

There is a grave DANGER in just doing The Work to calm down road rage...why? Because The Work is a fucking mental TRAP. Its like saying...what's the harm in putting both feet into quicksand?
What's the harm in a fly stepping into the spider's web? Byron Katie SELF-IDENTIFIES as being the Spider telling the "flies" to come into her web/Parlor. What is the danger or harm in a fly stepping in a spider's web? Getting sucked dry, that's all.

Its disgusting to see people try to whitewash a brilliant thought-reform entry level trap like the Byron Katie 4 Questions and a Turnaround. Its brilliant, as it SEEMS innocuous, it SEEMS "free" and it SEEMS ok. But its not. It sucks people down its own vortex rabbit hole, one thought a time, into books, videos, Hotlines, coaches, LGAT seminars, that go on for 6 years, and longer.

blech. Apologists always give the argument of the self-centered...like..."hey OJ Simpson was always nice to me". Yeah, its only all about you...

Pilot
.. Carol Skolnick, after having been through the mill with a guru, and would jump ship to another one-it is the difference between whether or not you give up your identity to the group/guru. I did not, but I saw some who did and many of them are probably on the ex-syda boards demonizing gm, which is OK by me, but at first I found it kind of disturbing and didn't understand why anyone would bother, then it started to make sense.

If somebody kinda uses the work occasionally to calm down their road rage or whatever, what's the harm? Just like if somebody chants the Gurugita and feels OK, what's the harm? When people become fanatics in any cult or religion, that is on them, if you bend over backwards to coddle the likes of jj-you are putting ALL the blame on bk and Guruhoocheecooananda, etc, and forgetting that they were not forced to spend $$$ and go to retreats, and hand over their will on a silver platter. Fanaticism has been around a lot longer than Werner Eckhardt and BK...it just seems like some are more likely to fall into the trap than others, that's life.

I hope I don't sound like a total a-hole here, but after reading this entire thread I have very little patience for the so-called victims of LGAT's-what happened to personal responsibility?? On the other hand I do not in any way support the idea that it is cool to mess with the free will of others via stealth mind manipulation.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/17/2009 02:39PM by The Anticult.

Byron Katie (the Work) and The Work on The Web, Spiders Web trap
Date: March 17, 2009 04:28PM

you know, the amazing thing about modern cult apologists, not just here, but everywhere, is how they have simplified it.
They don't need to defend the entire thing. Their entire apologia and salespitch comes down to one single thing...

- try it for yourself.

That is the trap. They have gone and carefully designed thought-reform systems which are like quicksand over a rabbit hole, it seems invisible, effortless, and even free.
They all do it.

Scientology has their "free stress test" which used to be a personality test. That is just to grab you.
TM has their "free mantra" to get you in the door.
Landmark has their "free Intro evening" to ensnare you.
Byron Katie has The Work worksheets which are "freely given".

The LGAT cult-style leaders are smart people. They have designed systems which are quite subtle to start, even invisible, and "free". Free, like the cheese in a mousetrap.

The public is almost totally ignorant of the LGAT and cult techniques. On a scale of 1-100%, the public is at most 1%, if that. Complete ignorance, as there is no education about it.
So threads like this, start to give a little education.
And this TERRIFIES the LGAT coaches and various salespeople. Just that AWARENESS by their clients that they might be doing some persuasion tactics on them, can kill 50% of what they are doing.
It wrecks everything, and it drives them nuts.

so what do they do?
The blame the victim for complaining, when in reality, only a small amount of the techniques have been revealed. They hate education, ignorance = profits.
Their other technique is to ignore the criticism and just say...

- hey, just try it for yourself, try it on your road rage, don't worry.

That's all it takes. Just like Scientology saying, "hey try the stress test". If you try it, they have you.
Don't do it, don't "try" it. Research it without trying it first, analyze it top to bottom. Do the opposite of what Byron Katie and Werner Erhard tell you to do.

Byron Katie reveals her true self when she says...COME INTO MY PARLOR...
That is from the children's poem from 1888, called The Spider and The Fly...
The Work is the spiders web.
The Work on the Web.
The Work on the Web...with Byron Katie...get it? She gets it, she wrote it. The front page of The Work On The Web website, is a dangerous spiders web, Photoshopped photo of Katie staring you in the EYES, multimedia videos, text, health claims, testimonials.
They even have a Tell A Friend link, its not enough to hook you, they want you to give them your friends email addresses, so they can email them the trap too for years to come.

She even has a video shaped like a Web, with EVERY AREA OF YOUR LIFE around the word "play".
So you see what an absolute blatant vulgar LIE it is, when they promote The Work as a simple tool? Its a lie, a self-conscious lie. Look at her own website, which lists every single area of your life. She wants your entire life. Those who promote The Work know its about taking over your ENTIRE LIFE, but they lie, and say its just for your stubbed toe, or your short-termper. Its a lie, and they know they are lying, and they don't care. Its scary. They lie with a smile a mile wide.

The Work on The Web, Spidersweb:
The Spider can walk freely in its own web, but the fly...ONE STEP INTO THE WEB AT ANY POINT, and its trapped. Hint: you are the fly being sweet-talked by the cunning Spider.

Notice below, the cunning spider even Love-Bombs the silly fly with flattery, and calls the fly Sweetie.
Remember, Byron Katie says over and over and over again...COME INTO MY PARLOR..she thinks its funny. She get's it.
Byron Katie named it The Work on the WEB...another double meaning, very clever. Cunning spider.

...take a lesson from this tale of the Spider and the Fly.

"Will you walk into my parlor?" said the Spider to the Fly,
"'Tis the prettiest little parlor that ever you did spy;
The way into my parlor is up a winding stair,
And I have many curious things to show you when you are there."
"Oh no, no," said the Fly, "to ask me is in vain;
For who goes up your winding stair can ne'er come down again."

"I'm sure you must be weary, dear, with soaring up so high;
Will you rest upon my little bed?" said the Spider to the Fly.
"There are pretty curtains drawn around, the sheets are fine and thin;
And if you like to rest awhile, I'll snugly tuck you in!"
"Oh no, no," said the little Fly, "for I've often heard it said
They never, never wake again, who sleep upon your bed!"

Said the cunning Spider to the Fly, "Dear friend, what can I do
To prove that warm affection I've always felt for you?
I have within my pantry, good store of all that's nice;
I'm sure you're very welcome - will you please take a slice?"
"Oh no, no," said the little Fly, "kind sir, that cannot be,
I've heard what's in your pantry, and I do not wish to see!"

"Sweet creature," said the Spider, "you're witty and you're wise;
How handsome are your gauzy wings, how brilliant are your eyes!
I have a little looking-glass upon my parlor shelf;
If you step in one moment, dear, you shall behold yourself."
"I thank you, gentle sir," she said, "for what you're pleased to say;
And bidding good morning now, I'll call another day."

The Spider turned him round about, and went into his den,
For well he knew the silly Fly would soon come back again;
So he wove a subtle web in a little corner sly,
And set his table ready to dine upon the Fly.
then he came out to his door again, and merrily did sing,
"Come hither, hither, pretty Fly, with the pearl and silver wing;
Your robes are green and purple, there's a crest upon your head;
Your eyes are like the diamond bright, but mine are as dull as lead."

Alas, alas! how very soon this silly little Fly,
Hearing his wily, flattering words, came slowly flitting by;
With buzzing wings she hung aloft, then near and nearer drew, -
Thinking only of her brilliant eyes, and green and purple hue;
Thinking only of her crested head - poor foolish thing! At last,
Up jumped the cunning Spider, and fiercely held her fast.
He dragged her up his winding stair, into his dismal den
Within his little parlor - but she ne'er came out again!

And now, dear little children, who may this story read,
To idle, silly, flattering words, I pray you ne'er heed;
Unto an evil counsellor close heart, and ear, and eye,
And take a lesson from this tale of the Spider and the Fly.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/17/2009 04:33PM by The Anticult.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.