Current Page: 34 of 117
Re: Jack Hickman
Posted by: incarnate soul ()
Date: October 29, 2009 08:02PM

incarnate soul
Jack was not the only one who taught of this. I have come across the concept in many writtings and many books even on my shelf today. I bearly remember Jack's teaching on it but I do remember thinking how abstract it was. Well today after a 30 year journey I still come across the concept from many, many other sources. Barbara Hand Clow has spoken of it in many of her books written in the early to late 90's ...... as have so many others.

My earlier post above was refering to the "fish people" concept. Sorry I didn't quote.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: October 29, 2009 09:26PM

Two Worlds has been banned from this message board.

Again, it is OK to disagree, but please avoid personal attacks per the rules.

Posted by: pequagirl ()
Date: October 29, 2009 09:58PM

Seriously, there are times I've wondered if there was something wrong with me for questioning things when everyone around me seems so secure in what is going on. I've often wondered if it's just me- if I'm missing something spiritual in myself because I didn't feel things falling into place.

Wow! You have said it all and said it all so well. Thank you for putting so many of my thoughts into words. these feelings of mine go way back (WAY BACK) to when Jack was preaching at a charismatic service at St. Johns. This was before the whole Abba, Jewish thing. He gave an altar call and I went up because I felt "there was something wrong with me for questioning things when everyone around me seems so secure in what is going on.". I "often wondered if it's just me..." Jack pretty much said he didn't know what I wanted from him but he went ahead and laid hands on me and prayed. I remember feeling nothing. After all these years, (40?) I am starting to admit that I was %$#$ lucky! But that self-doubt has colored my life. Thank you "daddy" for sharing. I feel less alone.

Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: October 29, 2009 10:03PM

To whom it may concern:

There is a private messaging system attached to this board.

If you have more than 10 approved posts on the message board you can use this system, which allows you to remain anonymous, but communicate individually.

Please understand that disclosing personal information within private messaging might allow the person you are messaging to identify you.

Posted by: Sallie ()
Date: October 30, 2009 12:52AM

In response to Daddylonglegs' post............ Pequa wrote
'' Thank you "daddy" for sharing. I feel less alone.

Daddy? May I also call you daddy? Can you help me too?
Daddy, did you know that Abba taught that ''daddy-god'' was actually , in hebrew, ''abba''.
He emphasized the fact that ''abba'' was not ''father god'' because father was less intimate. He explained that ''daddy'' was more personal. In calling a person ''abba'' he taught that you were saying ''daddy god''.
Is the younger generation aware of this teaching?
I ask you because you mentioned that you knew that only 50% of the group tithed and another poster mentioned that only elders or high ups or...something like that...kenw about thithe money....
So daddy, I figure...if you know about who tithes you must know a lot of other stuff....

Date: October 30, 2009 01:18AM

Hi again daddy,
More questions.
OK
Fallen wrote''How people don't see the absurdity of the future they yearn for, I have no idea. It's shameful that they substantiate their lives through faith in the apocalypse and the fall of humankind, through their promised position in the new kingdom. The real future will be a very humbling experience for them, should they ever see the error of their ways.''
=========================================================================
It has me thinking.....hmmmmm????
The Christian religion teaches about an apocalyse and the fall of humankind. The believer in the Christian faith often substantiates his or her life through a belief in a promised position in a new kingdom.
What ways would you suggest to help a person caught in the trappings of this dogma....to escape the potentially abusive effects that it might have on the psych?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/30/2009 01:29AM by Sallie.

Date: October 30, 2009 01:26AM

Daddy?
It's me.
Are you still listening?
Daddy you posted..... ....................., ,,,,,,,the whole negative energy bounces back, and causes things, like the tsunami. That somehow we cause these things because we have a biger responsibility than "normal" people. So yes, I do see the cult behavior here. I don't even see some of the things taught as being negative on their own- a lot of it is actually positive, but it's the context that surrounds it.
=======================================================================
Daddy....if,as you posted, something that is positive....like a teaching....can seem like it's not because of the CONTEXT that surrounds it ...........would that mean that the teaching is positive and everything surrounding it is negative?????????

Posted by: daddylonglegs ()
Date: October 30, 2009 01:55AM

In case you didn't know, daddylonglegs is a name for a kind of spider. Or maybe I'm a daddy, and have long legs. Maybe it's a nickname. Maybe "pequagirl" just didn't feel like typing out the whole thing. Regardless, not sure exactly what it is you are trying to imply.

Date: October 30, 2009 02:00AM

Jack Hickman taught from the Old Testament about the lineage of jesus. According to this we see that while some of the ancestors did ''that which was evil'', others did ''that which was good''.
If Hickman's followers continue with this thought pattern then they would have to reason that while Jack, who they believed was of this lineage also, may have done ''that which was evil''....but....it is possible for his next in line to do ''that which is good''.
Correct?
Daddy?
Do you know the answer to that?

Date: October 30, 2009 02:04AM

Daddy do you know how the current leadership does to discipline a group member whose negative thought/energy patterns cause the group to suffer???

Current Page: 34 of 117

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.