Current Page: 12 of 57
Re: Trumpet Call of God
Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: August 27, 2010 02:54AM

A blog would probably not come up prominently in search results and easily be overlooked.

This message board is a place that you can share information and it will be seen by many people.

Instead of focusing on belief and doctrinal issues, you might want to stay focused first on bad behavior and manipulative group dynamics.

This is something that everyone can potentially recognize objectively and understand regardless of their religious beliefs or background.

See [www.culteducation.com]

Note the supporting links within this page that can take you to important supporting and relevant research.

There are two books that may be quite helpful, but from different perspectives.

"Bounded Choice" looks at cults from a secular and religiously neutral perspective.

See [www.amazon.com]

"The Subtle Power of Spiritual Abuse" comes from an evangelical Christian point of view.

See [www.amazon.com]

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Sparky ()
Date: August 28, 2010 09:48AM

From what I have read, Speed (aka the "prophet" Timothy) who runs a publishing business that apparently sells the New and Improved Gospel (Letters from Jesus) according to the Profit Timothy is nothing more than an abusive cult.

The most important thing is Speed (His real name) is separating families and destroying their happiness and future by his "New and Improved Gospels (letters), Honest, you gullible suckers".

Speed runs an ongoing publishing business. He has found a way to bamboozle a number of honest and enthralled believers who deserve to be free.

Sadly, there are many on this thread (and probably more "lurking" here) that have had their hopes, dreams and families destroyed by the monetary (publishing business) dreams of Speed and his wife.

If you have had your families hurt by the crazy lies of this "prophet" then please post them here. How has he harmed you and your families?

If you have escaped , then please post here! Use an alias. You will be supported here. Go to a main-stream church. Talk to the priest or pastor. Get help.

The "profit timothy" (i.e., SPEED) can no longer hurt you with his lies...and no, he has no more knowledge than any of us have and no more of a connection to God.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 08/28/2010 09:53AM by Sparky.

Posted by: LLG ()
Date: September 02, 2010 09:55AM

I was unfortunately caught up in this cult until a little while ago, I appreciate all your efforts to raise awareness. I would still be there had it not been for my family hiring a professional exit counselor to do an intervention. I am still going through a recovery period because of the mind control they employ to reform people’s thoughts and get them to be mindlessly obedient (or what they call “Trust with abandonment” and “Obedience without expectation”). I have been left scared and confused, unable to trust even my own thoughts and perspectives but thankfully I am on the mend. I have gone through bouts of anxiety and depression and have had nightmares about something evil “getting” me. I know there are many good people being deceived into giving up their families, careers, possessions and any part of their lives which do not fall into the group’s way of thinking. Spending many hours a day recruiting (or so the group calls it “trumpeting”) both in person and on many internet venues such as facebook and youtube. I myself used to spend at least 2.5 to 3 hours studying and approximately 2 hours every day “trumpeting” plus the group study sessions 3 or 4 times a week each at about 4 hours long, it doesn’t leave much time for anything else.

Frogla, keep praying for Trent , he’s a good man and just got involved in the wrong group and his whole identity is now wrapped up in Trumpet call. Please pray for them all, that they might have their eyes opened to the truth and that the deception would be revealed. I know when I left, things were ramping up quickly with their thoughts of the end being very near, and many will do anything (as I would have were I still there) thinking they are doing God’s will.

Posted by: wendyjduncan ()
Date: September 02, 2010 08:27PM

Thanks for writing, LLG. I'm sure it will give family members who are following this thread hope for their loved ones. Can you tell us more about your experience? How did you get involved, how long has it been since you left, and the big question: what caused you to leave?

Posted by: LLG ()
Date: September 03, 2010 01:15AM

I of course didn't realize it was a cult when I started, but I began reading the letters after I saw a video on youtube. They sparked my interest as I had already been feeling that we are nearing Jesus' return for some time and something in these letters grabbed hold of that. I was at first just curious and so I kept reading them. They brought up answers to questions which had been bugging me and hadn't been satisfied with answers I recieved from others I'd talked to (like Sabbath observation) and that intrigued me even further.
The letters point to things like Joel 28-29
(28 And it shall come to pass afterward, that I will pour out my spirit upon all flesh; and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy , your old men shall dream dreams, your young men shall see visions: 29 And also upon the servants and upon the handmaids in those days will I pour out my spirit)
and since I felt the return was near I thought "maybe this is a prophet of the last days".

There was mystery and intrigue in the fact that there is little information given about the man Timothy himself as well, which seemed different than others calling themselves prophets on the web, he seemed humble because he didn't "toot his own horn" and he wasn't looking for money. He seemed to give all the glory to God and that also drew me further in, knowing that a true prophet of God would not bring glory to himself but to God. Needless to say I eventually began to believe fully that these were messages from God. At first I was just reading the letters on my own, I had stopped going to Church and was observing Sabbath on my own. After a while, I was invited by Trent to come to the group study meetings after I met him through a website. I was excited and started attending them (4 of them each week). I felt closer to God and grateful to be chosen to be one of the few in this group, it was like God himself was directing my life (which I know he always is but even more obviously than before) and I was absolutely on fire for Him. I strived to obey in all things out of love for Him, I ached to get rid of the "world" in me and cried out to God to break everything that was standing in the way between Him and I. Of course out of letters and group studies I recieved the answers on how that could happen, at first it was encouragement and the leaders modeling their own lives that led me to do things, but later it got very demanding people were being kicked out if the didn't obey the demands (leave the church because the groups view is that they are all led by leaders who have been decieved and were prideful and stubborn they were called "man-made" churches, believe in no eternal torment in hell, give of your money, time, strength, everything... or else) . I completely separated from my family emailing them all to tell them I couldn't be with them if they rejected the letters (because I believed they were God's word) and didn't accept Jesus in thier lives, I gave money and even jewelry (because I didn't have enough money) out of fear that I would have to leave the group if I didn't give enough. I nearly lost my husband (I didn't separate from him but was basically living very much apart from him) and felt like a martyr when he wanted to kick me out of my home. My daughter apparently felt very distanced from me because I was always on the computer, which she told others (I found out during my intervention).

I was involved in the group for only about 4 months but I was so deep in I would have put everything on the line at the drop of a hat. A couple of weeks ago my mom called me up and asked me to come over to explain the letters to her and the rest of my family, they were all there waiting and wanted to know more. I was at first skeptical but had told them I would if they only asked, so I went. After I got there a stranger showed up and started talking to me about the group, asking me questions. I didn't like them at first because they were the "scholar" in my eyes we had been told would try to decieve us with "man's doctrine" and even practically yelled at my family that I wanted to leave unless they wanted to ask me questions about the letters (excluding the stranger). Later in the process (it was 4 days long) I found out that the stranger was an "exit-counselor" and was shown alot of things about the group that slowly weared at my defenses. I was shown that Timothy and his wife bring in $93,000 and owned 3 or 4 homes in several locations in the US. I was adamant that the letters lined up with Scripture as well but was told that many groups like this will give you mostly "good stuff" but then slip a little "bad stuff" in there, then I was later shown things like the fact that the letters say if you reject the letters but believe the Bible you are denying God, when in the cult that seemed right to me (by that time I had totally bought in) but during the intervention I could see that is not scriptural at all. I was also taught about mind-control and realized that the group was in fact performing mind-control techniques on us, there were 8 "warning signs" and this group exibited all of them. I even found out that one technique many groups use in mind-control is to assess if person is a "Feeler", "Thinker" or "Doer" and this group did that to me in the guise that it was a "counseling session" that Trent wanted to practice (I'm not sure if Trent knew what it was for or not). That information can then be used to "tailor" information that comes to you, to hieghten your experience and "confirm" the messages to you so that you internalize them easier.

I have had ups and downs in recovery, and have had to make amends with alot of people but I am happy to be free and am re-discovering God's true Grace. He is teaching me to worship in the storm and praise Him in ALL things and I know He will restore and heal me completely as only He can! I hope the others can be freed as well and I hope that Timothy will be turned from his ways. Anyone who comes across these letters, PLEASE do not fall for the deception because that is what it is.

Posted by: frogla ()
Date: September 03, 2010 03:12AM

Hi LLG! I am Trent's wife as you already know. I am so glad, grateful, and excited that you got exited out of this cult. I too hired an exit counselor last summer, for 2wks but to no avail, Trent did NOT exit. Trent's been involved in this cult for 3 1/2 yrs & I see you were in it for 4 months. His length of time plus his cult like family is prolly why he didn't exit like you did. Our exit counselor even gave us an extra week cuz he liked Trent so much and it was nothing that he'd experienced before.

I'm very discouraged that Trent didn't exit. Last October, timmy boy deemed Trent a leader and during our 2nd wk of exit counseling timmy used the God card and wrote Trent a "letter" telling Trent to stop the exiting process. Because it's voluntary our counselor stopped out of respect for the process.

Is there anyway that we can talk? I am NOT involved in this cult nor will I ever be!!! Trent has tried to recruit me but he knows now not to even bother. It has made me stronger in my faith and a stronger person.

Thank you so much for your testimony and for coming on here. We've prayed for you and for the others to come out of the woodwork so we are truly grateful!

I did send you a personal message earlier today.

Posted by: frogla ()
Date: September 03, 2010 04:06AM

I want y'all to know that getting this letter, from LLG, helps me realize that it's good to check in with God and ask, "God, am I going in the right direction?" Also, my emotions are usually either stuffed deep down or they're all over the place. LOL. Something like this brings them up so i can deal with them cuz I suck @ dealing with my emotions on a daily basis. This is a good reality check for me.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/03/2010 04:22AM by frogla.

Posted by: Michelle123 ()
Date: September 03, 2010 05:52AM

I am so glad to hear that LLG, that you came out of this cult! PRAISE JESUS! I pray for many others to do the same! God bless you and thank you so much for sharing your testimony!

Date: September 03, 2010 07:47AM

Wow! That is an amazing story, LLG. My husband and I were in a Bible-based cult too. My husband, Doug, was recruited when he was in college and was involved in the group for over twenty years. I was a member for "only" seven years. I can totally relate to everything you wrote. The average person does not understand how folks are sucked in, but as one cult expert said, "no one is immune to the lure of a cult leader if caught at a vulnerable time in his/her life."

Our cult leader, along with my husband and the other "Levites," earned a whooping eighty dollars a week. Ole Anthony, the cult leader, always talked about how he had given up everything for us and for God. He had taken a "vow of poverty" and blah, blah, blah. We had no reason to disbelieve. However, several years after we left, I started writing a book and in researching Ole's background, I discovered that most of what he told us was a BIG LIE.

I am so glad you got out! Thank you for telling us your story. My husband and I now work with former members of cults. If there is anything we can do to help, please feel free to e-mail me. Processing your experience is very therapeutic.

Date: September 03, 2010 07:48AM

Michelle, I would be interested in your story if you don't mind sharing it. Did you give money too?

Current Page: 12 of 57

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.