Re: The Living Word Fellowship, The Walk, John Robert Stevens
Posted by: changedagain ()
Date: April 26, 2016 10:36PM

Marilyn still talks to Gary, apparently.
John relates to Edward and Anne, apparently.
At this point I would settle for a visitation from Happy Clark. I'm just not spiritually ambitious, I guess.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Apostle Dog ()
Date: April 27, 2016 01:22AM

CHANGEDAGAIN, If you are not the Easter Bunny, then who the hell are you??????

Date: April 27, 2016 10:52AM

O.K.--I finally found it. Once you read it, you'll know what I'm referring to. I'm only sharing an excerpt, which contains the relevant part. The comment was posted by 'Invisible' on June 26, 2014:

Invisible Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Something to ponder:
>
> At Grace Chapel of Southgate Probably in (1966 )
> or 1967 - what would occur - was made known - no
> less than 15 years - before it came about. When
> the church was yet but a hand full of people,
> this was spoken.
>
> What was spoken - would have been recorded on reel
> to reel - for it was spoken - before the days of
> the cassette recordings.
>
> I was present at Grace Chapel - in Southgate - in
> 1966 or 1967 - when John was standing in the
> pulpit and saw a vision of the future and spoke
> prophetically concerning all he was seeing - - of
> the day when he would not be leading the church,
> and it was shown to John, that a very young man,
> too young to have the responsibility for the
> church, was leading the church, instead of John
> leading the church - and this young man was
> leading the church astray, off the tracks and away
> from God. And being shown this - John cried out to
> the Lord, for the church because the church was
> suffering all kinds of sufferings as a result of
> this young man leading the church astray and these
> sufferings John said , were far reaching - even
> beyond the church - because the church was being
> led astray.

Date: April 27, 2016 12:47PM

That is a shame that it turned out to be a self fulfilling prophesy. John himself certainly set things up to make that happen. However, that is the way it goes, he had no idea what sort of woman he was going to fall for, and he had no idea what sort of man Gary Hargrave was. John's problem was that he was swayed by the adoration, both of them, Gary and Marilyn both knew how to make him feel adored, the whole time, setting things up so that they would control the church that John Stevens built. I do not for a minute think that JRS was a deliberate scammer like these two. He was human though, and he did not have the sort of spiritual power and authority that we thought that he had. He was certainly taken in by these two. It's a shame that the living Word Fellowship went the way it went.

changedagain Wrote:
> O.K.--I finally found it. Once you read it,
> you'll know what I'm referring to. I'm only
> sharing an excerpt, which contains the relevant
> part. The comment was posted by 'Invisible' on
> June 26, 2014:
>
> Invisible Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Something to ponder:
> >
> > At Grace Chapel of Southgate Probably in (1966
> )
> > or 1967 - what would occur - was made known -
> no
> > less than 15 years - before it came about.
> When
> > the church was yet but a hand full of people,
> > this was spoken.
> >
> > What was spoken - would have been recorded on
> reel
> > to reel - for it was spoken - before the days
> of
> > the cassette recordings.
> >
> > I was present at Grace Chapel - in Southgate -
> in
> > 1966 or 1967 - when John was standing in the
> > pulpit and saw a vision of the future and spoke
> > prophetically concerning all he was seeing - -
> of
> > the day when he would not be leading the
> church,
> > and it was shown to John, that a very young
> man,
> > too young to have the responsibility for the
> > church, was leading the church, instead of
> John
> > leading the church - and this young man was
> > leading the church astray, off the tracks and
> away
> > from God. And being shown this - John cried out
> to
> > the Lord, for the church because the church
> was
> > suffering all kinds of sufferings as a result
> of
> > this young man leading the church astray and
> these
> > sufferings John said , were far reaching -
> even
> > beyond the church - because the church was
> being
> > led astray.

Posted by: kBOY ()
Date: April 27, 2016 07:48PM

It is unfortunate that so few know so little about the backroom machinations regarding the dramatic transition period directly following the passing of JRS, from the untaped 'commissioning' of the G-man to be the new frontman, from the apparent freezing of the body (in the fading hopes of resurrection), to all the broken up marriages, including the G-man jettisoning overboard his own wife and newborn, and culminating with the in-your-face 'my way or the highway' meetings that eventually drove the divisive stake into the heart of the leadership.

With that much blood in the water, we should have perhaps read our tea-leaves a bit more carefully.

Date: April 27, 2016 09:55PM

kBOY Wrote:
> It is unfortunate that so few know so little about
> the backroom machinations regarding the dramatic
> transition period directly following the passing
> of JRS, from the untaped 'commissioning' of the
> G-man to be the new frontman, from the apparent
> freezing of the body (in the fading hopes of
> resurrection), to all the broken up marriages,
> including the G-man jettisoning overboard his own
> wife and newborn, and culminating with the
> in-your-face 'my way or the highway' meetings that
> eventually drove the divisive stake into the heart
> of the leadership.
> With that much blood in the water, we should have
> perhaps read our tea-leaves a bit more carefully.

Yes.
Yet Hargrave still seems to think he is the one to pave the way for Oneness among the various factions in the Christian world. If his "ministry" wasn't so toxic, it would be laughable. As someone previously said, like an outtake from the cutting room floor of a Monty Python movie. But he has helluva will, and a history of damaging innocent people's lives, so must be taken seriously.

Date: April 28, 2016 12:55AM

That is very true kBOY. What attracted me to the Living Word Fellowship in the beginning was by misconception that the Walk did not have the games that I assumed were in all the Babylon churches. I hung out with the leaders of the churches in my area of the country, and it was all pretty much on the up and up. I mean, many of the elders got drunk pretty regularly, but we did it right in front of everybody, there was no sneaking around. But when i got out to California finally, I saw the jockying for position, I saw Marilyn lie about a video that showed John commission her, even the joker that came up and offered me a POSITION in one of the southern California churches or Shiloh, whichever I wanted, which I knew was total BS, it was just a scam to see who they could sucker in. It turned out to be a perfect replica of what I always thought was the politicking going on in churches everywhere. I learned then that I would never join up any movement that I did not go right to the top and investigate before I get involved. But i did not know it then. Looking at the people that are still in that mess, i can not fathom why. I mean, surely they know that it is just a scam, why bother with it? Why in the world would you put a dime into such a thing? I can't imagine. I walked out of another church by the way, when my wife died, because I didn't like the fact that the leader could not be reached and then he didn't show her the attention that she deserced. I will walk out of a church in a New York second as soon as something happens that is not right. Why? It's because there are certain standards for churches, they are right there in the bible if someone would care to read about it. If a church is playing a game, I leave right away. That's what I did with Living Word, as soon as I saw what it was, I left right then. I didn't see the crap in the southern churches, that was a totally different world than the LA church I was at for those meetings. I know now that John Robert Stevens didn't know his butt from his elbo or he would not have married Marilyn. I know people that are praying that their family members will leave, and I pray for them too because I know they are hurting by their family members being stuck in this, but I am sorry to say that if people can not see the Walk for what it is by now, they just won't see it no matter what happens in it. I think the people that are still in the Walk would not leave if they started having rehearsals of the "white night" like happened in Jim Jones' church. If they can't see it by now, they can't see anything.

kBOY Wrote:
> It is unfortunate that so few know so little about
> the backroom machinations regarding the dramatic
> transition period directly following the passing
> of JRS, from the untaped 'commissioning' of the
> G-man to be the new frontman, from the apparent
> freezing of the body (in the fading hopes of
> resurrection), to all the broken up marriages,
> including the G-man jettisoning overboard his own
> wife and newborn, and culminating with the
> in-your-face 'my way or the highway' meetings that
> eventually drove the divisive stake into the heart
> of the leadership.
>
> With that much blood in the water, we should have
> perhaps read our tea-leaves a bit more carefully.

Posted by: lily rose ()
Date: April 28, 2016 02:08AM

According to Rick Ross, founder of this forum, common sense doesn't necessarily allow folks to save themselves from a cult. He says they cannot see the red flags. We are all vulnerable to persuasion, deception, and manipulation. Ross strongly advises not to blame or shame cult members so blame and shame don't become another impediment that cult members have to endure. Also, not all cults commit mass suicide. I am not saying these things to get into an argument but to be fair and sensitive to the loved ones and the families who have been separated.

Posted by: kBOY ()
Date: April 28, 2016 08:24AM

BACKROOM DEALS: More Curious Doings Behind Closed Doors

As CHANGEDAGAIN posted back in August 21, 2014 regarding Hargrave Family Ministries, this was established before JRS even exited the scene, bringing into question either his state of mind due to illness, directives he might have given, or something simply done behind his back. I will attach documenting evidence of this fact, which attests to developments which could have been planned well in advance, as in dissolving certain marriages in order to establish the new regime following his departure.

[drive.google.com]

Posted by: Cloudwatcher ()
Date: April 28, 2016 12:51PM

lily rose Wrote:
> According to Rick Ross, founder of this forum,
> common sense doesn't necessarily allow folks to
> save themselves from a cult. He says they cannot
> see the red flags. We are all vulnerable to
> persuasion, deception, and manipulation. Ross
> strongly advises not to blame or shame cult
> members so blame and shame don't become another
> impediment that cult members have to endure. Also,
> not all cults commit mass suicide. I am not
> saying these things to get into an argument but to
> be fair and sensitive to the loved ones and the
> families who have been separated.

It is a hard thing and a terrible line to have to walk. Frustrating, maddening, heartbreaking. They are victims who have been fooled and over time in the case of LW==very short time--brainwashed. Light a candle for those still suffering. They may not think they are suffering but precious time is being whittled away. Now they want to give direction to those in or going in to retirement. What is that about 9/10 of the all the people. It is time to instruct them how to give in retirement. I truly hope this is a red flag for people when they hear the words focused on giving to the church.

It makes me sick to think that LWF would do that so they can get every last cent. Let them all go; release them to have some kind of life in this world before their final exit. They have given enough; let them live their lives for crying out loud.

Hargrave you have the power to end this madness for them. Do the right thing,please. Not that you care about the right thing. But maybe you can just do it anyway; you have benefited handsomely from their sacrifice. Just do it.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.