Re: The Living Word Fellowship, The Walk, John Robert Stevens
Posted by: changedagain ()
Date: September 05, 2016 01:47AM

Larry:
<Perhaps former members are still trying to work through things that deeply affected them decades ago and are still unresolved. I know I’ve had communication with many where the wounds are still fresh 30 years later – you would think they had left weeks ago instead of decades ago.>

My wife mentioned to me the other day that we've actually been out of TLWF for close to 20 years. Some days it feels like 20 years, a relatively distant memory, other days as though we left "weeks ago." The conditioning from being constantly monitored and controlled--and the subsequent difficulty, once we left, of trusting anything or anyone--is deep. That said, we've made significant strides since leaving that mess, and never have we had any doubt it was the right decision. As I predicted to my wife after it became apparent to the church we were going to leave ('96), the professions of "love" from leadership would come through...and once that proved ineffective, ominous predictions (threats) of what would happen to our lives once to chose the "rebellious path." It didn't sway us--thank God.

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: September 05, 2016 03:03AM

Slight correction--gone more like 18 years:
The decision to leave was made at the Palmer Lake conference--the year Princess Diane died ('97)...and we actually left the fellowship in May of the following year. Yes, it took some time to extricate ourselves. BTW, the conference was quite peculiar--people taking some significance to Princess Diana's death (still not sure what it was), and so many, when addressing Marilyn, referring to her as the 'Lamp of Israel.' The only time I can recall using a title when addressing her was during one of those 'Fred and Ethel' meetings--going over local church accounting/activities--when I asked her 'so you're an apostolic father, huh?' That teasing bombed (cold silence), and I don't recall speaking another word during that particular meeting.

Posted by: FCSLC ()
Date: September 05, 2016 03:12AM

Twoteetwo wrote: “Don't know what that means other than you can take people out of the Walk, but it sure is hard to get the Walk out of people.”

------------------------

I’ve often dreamed or speculated about what the effect on me would be if the Father, Son and Holy Spirit all appeared at once (Similar to what Joseph Smith claimed). Would the power of the very presence of the Godhead be able to erase, destroy, burn away and replace all that fifteen years of constant TLW experience/exposure? Just to witness an awesomeness so much greater than that of JRS (hopefully like comparing match light to Sunlight), would it be able to win out over JRS? Sometimes I wonder if that’s what it’s going to take.

Posted by: lily rose ()
Date: September 05, 2016 07:05AM

FCSLC Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Twoteetwo wrote: “Don't know what that means
> other than you can take people out of the Walk,
> but it sure is hard to get the Walk out of
> people.”
>
> ------------------------
My first thought when I read that sentence was yeah....it's called an obsession.

I’ve often dreamed or speculated about what the
> effect on me would be if the Father, Son and Holy
> Spirit all appeared at once (Similar to what
> Joseph Smith claimed). Would the power of the
> very presence of the Godhead be able to erase,
> destroy, burn away and replace all that fifteen
> years of constant TLW experience/exposure? Just
> to witness an awesomeness so much greater than
> that of JRS (hopefully like comparing match light
> to Sunlight), would it be able to win out over
> JRS? Sometimes I wonder if that’s what it’s
> going to take.

Date: September 05, 2016 11:55PM

If anyone received a message about a work day at the church today, which will include free refreshments for every dedicated worker--please disregard.
Old habits die hard. Sorry about that.

Date: September 06, 2016 02:06AM

Mind control deserves a deeper second look in order to understand what has taken place in TLWF--Larry Bobo

You're killing me Larry with this stuff. I used to think that because I wasn't in TLW for 25 plus years that I escaped mind control (even though I used to sit in the front pews where allegedly the impartation (hypnosis?) was greater from JRS.) A few months ago I posted about debunking the nephilim. Why? Because in holding my friends new grandbaby, I noticed he had 12 toes and 12 fingers (as did the nephilim). I was told it ran in the baby's family and will require surgery. As ridiculous as it sounds, my mind went to a dark place.....a family of nephilim? I think perhaps the problem of can't breaking free of that blasted Walk mind warp, may have something to do with mind control although there may not be conclusive research to support that.

I have to disagree with you about one thing, conditional love. IMO there is no such thing. Conditional love is not love at all. The conditional love of TLW was/is a phony love, another masquerade, another fake-a-roo. There never was/is true love in TLW.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/06/2016 02:17AM by lily rose.

Date: September 06, 2016 03:40AM

Lily:

<There never was/is true love in TLW>

Certainly not from the top of the authority chain.

<in holding my friends new grandbaby, I noticed he had 12 toes and 12 fingers (as did the nephilim). I was told it ran in the baby's family and will require surgery. As ridiculous as it sounds, my mind went to a dark place.....a family of nephilim?>

Interesting.
At this point, given the nephilim hysteria I/we endured, even if I spot a child with seven heads and ten horns, I will just assume there is nothing to worry about.

Date: September 06, 2016 04:12AM

Ha

Have you not watched that movie Left Behind?

Posted by: kBOY ()
Date: September 06, 2016 05:00AM

LILY ROSE:

Right you are about 'conditional love' being no LOVE at all.

When you have an entire culture built on the fear of disobedience (Holy Jim Canyon being the catalyst), there is no room for anything 'unconditional'. You obey, or die.

A stratified organization (as opposed to a living organism) promotes nothing but perpetual dependency, with no 'maturing point' ever in sight. Consequently, everything is continually evaluated on obedience, which is in the eye of the beholder (TLW shepherd). When that is implemented from the top-down and permeating every layer, there is no latitude to 'behave' outside of the oversight without being branded disobedient, and consequently, being conditionally released to destruction.

Oh, HAPPY daze . . .

P.S. LOVE (unconditional) is what has filled our lives with dozens of awesome friends we cross paths with on a weekly basis--the KINGDOM of RELATIONSHIPS we all thought we were ushering in with TLW. Fulfillment can actually be experienced in spite of the false doctrine.

Date: September 06, 2016 09:36AM

While on the topic of unconditional love, a while back FCSLC posted something to the effect that he couldn't meet the standard in one of the parables to go and sell everything. I thought to myself I didn't understand that parable either and found myself asking what does it really mean. Then kBoy came along commenting on the Prodigal Son Parable (Charles Dickens and Ralph Waldo Emerson said this was the greatest short story ever written.) I told a friend that I was going to start reading all the parables. Next thing in my inbox, my friend sent me the link below, The Most Misunderstood Parable. I really enjoyed it....the message is not heavy on the use of words like sinner or obedience, just a little bit at the end of the message, in case that might turn you off.

Disclaimer: John MacArthur (Calvinist) author of the message is not without controversy or blogging criticism such as heretic or even cult like. I've never taken a look at his doctrines (not interested), but like I said, I enjoyed his comments on the parables and found them helpful. I don't think I picked up a bad spirit from reading him; however, I wouldn't want to lead anyone to a control freak so just be advised that he has critics should you decide to visit the link.

[www.gty.org]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/06/2016 09:37AM by lily rose.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.