Re: The Living Word Fellowship, The Walk, John Robert Stevens
Posted by: lily rose ()
Date: September 14, 2016 09:03AM

More on mind control

Larry mentioned that cult mind control was unethical, criminal. That got me questioning and thinking that TLW has a right to proselytize their sincerely held religious beliefs, most of which are Latter Rain doctrine, but was/is the use of brainwashing, mind control, undue influence necessary to exercise their sincerely held religious beliefs or was/is the mind control techniques dictated by sincerely held beliefs and religious conviction? Was/is it necessary for TLW in proselytizing their religious beliefs to require members to be obedient to every demand of the church leaders, to isolate themselves, to not associate with their parents, to get direction and approval from the church leaders regarding every aspect of their personal lives from what to study in college, to closing and selling their Kingdom business, to divorce or to who they can marry etc? Was all that control on the part of the church leaders necessary to proselytize their religious beliefs? Or was all that leader control necessary to destroy the volitional capacity of the members just to maintain the ideology and incapacitate the members from using their own volition and making their own decision to stay or leave TLW?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: larry bobo ()
Date: September 14, 2016 09:50AM

I just finished my 5th book on mind control in the last several months and each one reveals a little more how these techniques were used in TLWF. As lily rose pointed out, it may be more suitable to use the term undue influence instead of brain washing or mind control. The reason is that it will help get around the defense mechanisms that have been programmed into our thinking to keep us from thinking clearly about certain scenarios. I think you could go to your favorite drinking establishment and gain insight, even from the inebriated, on the many reasons why obeying your spiritual leader will NOT help you escape death. Most would start laughing – and for good reason. Yet we were programmed to think that it could. That’s mind control – and it has not just happened to the other guy. I could argue the point scripturally, but it’s not the scriptures that are the source of this belief – it’s programming to think a certain way in spite of all logic. Being a zero with the rim rubbed out is not the kingdom – unless you have evil intentions.

It’s much easier to see where there has been undue influence by other cult leaders than where it is taking place in your own group. It takes a while before you start to realize that the followers in other groups are just as educated and genuinely loving people as those in TLWF. Cult leaders all claim to have some special insight or position that will protect their followers from a coming imaginary disaster. We spent years in the 70’s and 80’s preparing for worldwide upheaval, and when nothing happened, it was all swept under the rug. That was false prophesy, and yet the undue influence would not even allow us to see it – much less demand some sort of accountability. In the Old Testament, you got one miss and they rocked you to sleep.

It’s easy to see what is wrong with the many dates the Jehovah’s Witnesses have missed on the dawning of the kingdom, and then be totally blind to John’s error when 1979 came and went. If anything, people dug in their heels further and John went from being an apostle to Christ in the flesh. Even he said, “If they carry me out feet first, this was not a word from God” – he was so sure he was hearing correctly whoever it was that he was channeling. Even if John were to think it was not a word from God if it didn’t work – we did. That’s mind control – or revelation as TLWF calls it - and the facts become no longer relevant.

Posted by: kBOY ()
Date: September 14, 2016 09:58AM

L.R./L.B.

The bad news is that mind control percolates down to every level until it lands on the individual. The world we experience is the one we believe in, either individually or collectively--it's simply a device of the mind. What we believe is what we experience.

As we all know now, our decision to believe in a collective zeitgeist (TLW flavor) is no different than being jumped into a gang--an agreement to a collective set of principles. Every single collective movement, be it religious, political, social or otherwise, is an individual decision, as well as is the decision to not join the same. We are then subject to our own individual 'brainwashing' if you will. Unless we still release the wheel to a HIGHER power who has a better understanding of how to drive and where to go, the car can still end up in a ditch or worse. Self-destruction comes in all forms.

The cult phenomena, official or shrouded, has been, and will be around well beyond our demise. The LIBERTY now set before us is to pursue the path that Jesus proclaimed: 'I do only those things I see the Father doing.' Therein lies our ULTIMATE FREEDOM.

Posted by: larry bobo ()
Date: September 14, 2016 10:42AM

lily rose - The more I research, the more I have come to believe that John knew exactly what he was doing. These techniques are not new, and have been used for centuries by others. I, for one, have wanted to debate doctrine in the past as a solution. Now I'm coming to realize that it's the actions - not the teaching - that causes all the destruction. There are however safeguards in the teachings of Jesus, e.g. "Call no man leader, teacher, or father - you have one and it's the Christ." Boy, do I wish I had a do over on that! What a life saver! Most of Christianity ignores his warning and does it anyway.

I would suggest to those still in TLWF that they follow what Jesus said and watch how their leaders respond when they are no longer allowed to take the place of God. Suddenly you will be rebellious and independent. It's a complete paradigm shift when you discover God and your leader are not the same thing. When you start to see the deviousness of having your thought process hijacked by another, it really is a shocker - it makes you mad. Thinking that walking around with your head in the clouds on some higher level in a disassociated state will bring in the kingdom, only makes you any easy target for the unscrupulous who would use you to get what they want. God gave us a brain for a purpose - and it was not to turn it off using some occult technique so we could be programmed to believe anything or have an unnatural openness to channel some weirdness.

Date: September 15, 2016 03:24AM

Larry, I mentioned in my previous post about the discussion changedagain and jhorning had a few years ago about mind control and I have to say that while it gave me a creeping feeling, I was amazed that changed wasn't afraid to say he was subjected to mind control. And I am grateful that you aren't afraid to say that you believe John knew what he was doing regarding mind control. I think I had a fear about that... that my mind was reshaped to JRS's agenda through deceit, but I also know that part of healing is learning about the psychological dynamics and how it affected me.

I think as kBoy pointed out brainwashing occurs around us in many places such as gangs even the bombardment of subliminal advertising. I think what is different was/is the degree and intensity of the conditioning inside TLW and I acknowledge there were/are different degrees of sensitivities and reactions on the part of the members. Maybe what we thought was free choice in joining TLW wasn't/isn't free choice at all. Part of the doctrines were/are kept secret (worshipping Marilyn) until a member was/is deemed ready to know this. Was/is a member fully aware of what lay ahead at the moment the choice to join was made? Probably not. For me there was huge misrepresentation that resulted in me believing TLW cult was something other than it was. But I didn't fully do my homework. I don't think I ever read the First Principles otherwise I wouldn't have been so shocked when later on John talked about becoming Christ Incarnate which in my thinking was different than becoming sons of God (early on that was the goal.) Also when I joined freely, I wasn't aware of the scope of efforts to block members from leaving by imposing high exit costs such as shunning, isolation, forfeiture of parental control, and phobias of harm. When I joined members were told if they left they were in deception, not Nephs.

I just finished reading Brainwashing: The Science of Thought Control by Kathleen Taylor. Taylor discusses the idea of brainwashing as a dream of total control and the appalling consequences which occur when people chase that dream. I agree with her conclusion.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/15/2016 03:38AM by lily rose.

Posted by: FCSLC ()
Date: September 15, 2016 09:09AM

Previously: “Phobias of harm”

-----------------------------

Such as being eaten by worms to the point of things falling off, and just before experiencing incoherence, getting finished off by a lightning strike planned for the point of impact after falling for what seems an eternity into a vaporizing lava pool way down in a crack opened in the earth by God Himself.

I was expecting something of the above but it never happened.

Date: September 15, 2016 03:55PM

Good one FCSLC. My phobia was the Columbian Necktie. A brutal method mentioned in "Breaking Bad" when Jessie and Walter are contemplating what can happen if they release Krazy-8 from the basement.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/15/2016 04:00PM by lily rose.

Date: September 17, 2016 03:24AM

larry bobo Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I, for one,
> have wanted to debate doctrine in the past as a
> solution. Now I'm coming to realize that it's the
> actions - not the teaching - that causes all the
> destruction.

Larry when you have a chance could you talk a little more about that. I don't know why, but I have found it difficult to face that I was subjected to mind control. It's hard for me to go there because it really creeps me out. I found that when reading the book by Rick Ross, I kind of shut down and stop reading for while.

Date: September 18, 2016 02:37AM

Today, the high cost to leave TLWF is what makes me think that it is a very destructive cult. In your everyday Christian churches across American, people leave and rejoin other churches all the time without worrying that they won't be able to have a relationship with their family members or friends, that they will be shunned, that they need to hide their identity and need protection, and the most ridiculous fear of all...that they are now a Nephilim. I know of no other true Christian Church that lays that trip on their members. Why is so important for the TLWF leaders to hold the members hostage? Is it loss of tithes, the loss of control over someone's life? I don't get it. To draw upon Larry's previous analogy, if you were sitting in a bar crying over a drink and told the bartender I left my church and now my family says I am a Nephilim, the bartender would laugh you out of town and think you were crazy drunk.

Date: September 18, 2016 01:48PM

Your sons and daughters will prophesy and your old men will dream dreams of brainwashing--Joel 2:28

need a laugh, check out the link [goo.gl]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.