Re: The Living Word Fellowship, The Walk, John Robert Stevens
Posted by: kBOY ()
Date: March 27, 2016 10:12PM

A.D.

Aside from the Old Testament version of GOD, the Prodigal Parable version not only cares not about idolatry, but could care less altogether about any aspect of our prodigal misadventure.

The only interest of HEAVEN is for us to WAKE UP, smell the coffee, and RETURN HOME.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: lily rose ()
Date: March 28, 2016 03:53AM

Apostle Dog Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Perhaps the biggest problem with the Living Word
> crew, NOT becoming the "Christ in the earth," or
> the "manifest sons of God," and I speak for my
> generation, and I think it applies to other
> generations, I think the biggest problem is we
> considered ourselves "SONS OF JOHN," and then
> later, they considered themselves "SONS OF
> MARILYN," and then for a while it was in vogue to
> call themselves the "SONS OF GARILYN." All of
> that, is in fact deifying human beings. In short,
> that is idolatry. Idolatry is never winked at by
> God. Not at all. There is always harsh punishment
> for that.

I think Jan nailed it in one of her older posts that some us (the Sons of John and Garilyn) carry around an affliction for many years after having left the cultic control of the LW. Some have described the affliction as oppression, depression, and PTSD. I used to think it was a curse...the consequences of becoming defiled by the bizarre concepts I was taught and practiced...that led to bitterness and poison in my life (Heb 12:14-15,Deut 29:18, Matt 7:16-19.)

I recently heard a mental health professional describe the work he does with Vets suffering from PTSD. The key to healing was placing the Vets in a safe and nurturing environment.

I would suggest that a safe and nurturing environment is one of love and forgiveness (also described in the Gospel of Jesus) not of hate or bitterness, and one doesn't have to be a believer to benefit from creating for oneself a safe and nurturing environment of love.

I think there were some in the LW who despite any abuse continued to love and forgive and I think they fared better than I did until I realized that my affliction was minimized when I started to forgive. Forgiving doesn't mean I have to condone what occurred and I don't have to make the LW my BFF. I just have to forgive them. It's not as hard as I thought it would be.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/28/2016 04:03AM by lily rose.

Date: March 28, 2016 06:23AM

LILY ROSE:

AMEN to that. We FORGIVE for our own sake.

Posted by: Apostle Dog ()
Date: March 28, 2016 09:28AM

One thing i want to add to what i said. When I said "idolatry is never winked at, there is always harsh punishment for that," think about it, all of us have endured years of harsh punishment, we brought it on ourselves. Many people in the Living Word Fellowship have lived long enough to finally get booted out of the Walk and have their children shun them, and remember back when they shunned their own parents a generation before, when they left the Walk.

It is a hard pill to swallow to know that you have rejected a walk with the Lord of Lords in favor of having some egomaniac lord it over you.

The Lord does not just wait for a chance to punish, in fact, He waits for every opportunity to restore, if people will come to their senses. It is not the "God in the sky" that threatens and accuses, and intimidates. It is the "God in the sky" that calls out, "COME OUT OF HER MY PEOPLE."

Posted by: Apostle Dog ()
Date: March 28, 2016 12:26PM

another mess up, I am sorry, I am having trouble getting my thoughts lined up right.

in the last post, (I promise I am gonna start proof reading before I post) I said

ALL of us have endured harsh punishment we brought on ourselves, I means to say MANY of us,

With me I have regrets that I brought on myself. For one I believe I did not help someone at a time that would have been pivotal in their lives, I was too busy getting to the beer keg.

The point I think of all that I have said tonight is that even though we are not in the old testament, there is still karma, we do reap what we sow. When we seek to have another Lord over us, we break a spirtual law that has an outcome, whether God wants to punish or not, is not the question, when we worship the creature rather than the creator, or when we take on an office of a servant to the people and then forsake the people to care for our own needs, or fulfill our own lusts, we create our own punishment.

Date: March 28, 2016 08:23PM

REAP

Consequences
we reap

are a result
of our own choices

not something
imposed upon us

Date: March 28, 2016 09:48PM

HEADLINE NEWS: "Resurrected by God's Overwhelming Love"

[www.garyandmarilynhargrave.com]

". . . we must take down the walls of resistance and open our hearts to experience the love that God is beaming toward us."

The impressive disconnect that has plagued the fellowship for half a century has been, "unless you do to this to the least of these, my brethren".

The continued pattern of demanding LOVE (devotion) from the least without reciprocating points to the lack of fulfillment on all levels, and the reason for the slow death TLW is experiencing.

What's good for the goose . . .

Posted by: changedagain ()
Date: March 28, 2016 10:10PM

kBOY Wrote:

> The continued pattern of demanding LOVE (devotion)
> from the least without reciprocating points to the
> lack of fulfillment on all levels, and the reason
> for the slow death TLW is experiencing.

True

Date: March 28, 2016 10:14PM

lily rose Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> changedagain Wrote:
> Hope everyone in this forum, on this Good
> Friday,
> > is engulfed in a great faith, a grand faith or
> > even an immense faith--but definitely
> > not an awesome faith, because
> > historically that type of faith has only led to
> > trouble.

Thank you, Lily. And welcome back to the forum.

p.s. I think this is post #595 for me (not that I am counting). I tend to be prolific, even when I have nothing to say ;)

Date: March 28, 2016 10:17PM

BTW, our little discussion about our involvement in this little cult now has had 192,887 page views (not that I pay attention to this kind of stuff)

post #596

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.