Re: The Living Word Fellowship, The Walk, John Robert Stevens
Posted by: Apostle Dog ()
Date: March 22, 2016 03:52AM

I won't get too much into personal stuff here, but i just had to deal with my wife's pastor, I felt like she would feel better if they did at least call the hospital and just to let her know that they realize she exists, and they know about her condition. I was in the hospital myself in another hospital when I strated leaving emails and voice mails at this guy's church. In short, it took me THIRTEEN days to get anybody on the phone, and that happened to be just because the pastor's wife was accidently there answering the phone.

i tell you, churches should be a little more accessable, "shepherds" should be too. I was a drunk and a stoner and I would nail anything that would hold still, but I was accessable.

Just bitchin here, sorry

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: March 22, 2016 12:28PM

Just a side note to the previous post where I was complaining about that preacher not answering my calls to contact my wife. I got a strong urge today, i believe from God, to call that church one more time, this time I got that preacher's wife, and she got mad when she heard that he had ignored my wife. Long story short, my son called me and said that he did call my wife and my wife felt better. His wife did what she said, she went in and broke up that elder's meeting. I would love to have seen that, she shamed the dude into doing his job. Well, God works in strange ways, my wife feels better going into surgery, and that is the main thing. i don't know if there is a rule about us praying for one another or whatever on this main forum, i usually keep personal stuff to PMs, but this time I was too tired to worry about where i was posting. It's been a rough time lately.

Posted by: pbxguy ()
Date: March 22, 2016 10:47PM

Apostle Dog,

I think it is safe to say that I speak for everyone in this forum when I tell you we all send our very best thoughts, wishes, and prayers for your wife's well being. May she know that she is loved and treasured by those around her.

Date: March 22, 2016 10:58PM

Thank all of you. I had thought of just going ahead and posting on the forum, but I didn't know if there was a rule about seeking prayer on it. I will fill you guys in that my wife does have stage 4 cancer. She didn't want to see a doctor, I think partly because of the way she was conditioned in a church where the pastor did not believe in doctors (typically, he didn't believe in them for the people, he himself went to hospital as soon as he had chest pains.)..I encourage ALL OF YOU, especially because many of us are in our sixties now, to always trust God for direct healing, AND always seek good healthy alternative meds, many are excellent, AND always GO TO MEDICAL DOCTORS regularly and know your bodies, see what is causing pain, or a messed up walking gate, etc. My wife never smoked, never drank, always was into good nutritian practices, I call her the bag lady because of the huge bag she has in her car for her supplemdnt.

pbxguy Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Apostle Dog,
>
> I think it is safe to say that I speak for
> everyone in this forum when I tell you we all send
> our very best thoughts, wishes, and prayers for
> your wife's well being. May she know that she is
> loved and treasured by those around her.

Date: March 23, 2016 12:43AM

Since my wife has been sick, and since she knows so many people in so many churches, having played the piano in so many of the praise teams and all, I have talked with lots of pastors, and i am discovering that my attitude toward them was quite a bit off, really. I am getting cell phone numbers and all, I am finding out that many of these guys actually are all over the place at all hours day and night, doing what pastors should be doing. Some are not of course. I think to this day I have had conditioning in me from the Walk that made me believe that nobody in "Babylon" was doing anything really but dead works. But if praying for the sick, and helping bikers and addicts and all sorts of people to understand Christ and help them in their efforts to change their lives is a dead work, while getting drunk and swapping wives is a spiritual endeavor, then I might have been right to be offended when i walked into that Walk church in Florida and felt like I needed to get drunk and prophesy against their religious spirit just because they spent all night getting food ready for us when we visited. I hope that makes sense, see when I was in the Walk I had a backward view of what was spiritual and what was a dead work. I have been changing that some, and I believe I am going to start hanging around with these guys more than in the past.

Posted by: Cloudwatcher ()
Date: March 23, 2016 10:41AM

For sure. God Bless your wife AD, and you.

Posted by: kBOY ()
Date: March 23, 2016 09:02PM

HEADLINE NEWS: Road to the Vatican Will Go Through Brazil

"Ministry Trip to Brazil" -- March 2016

[www.garyandmarilynhargrave.com]

"The Lord is moving greatly in Brazil, and from this place we will see change affected all over the globe."

Personally, I am all for ONENESS, LOVE, and INCLUSION, but these developments are a complete repudiation of how JRS viewed the Roman Catholic Church. It marks a dramatic transition AWAY from all the earlier tenets of TLW, especially with regards to some super-apostle breaking the spiritual dike and having the Kingdom magically pour down out of the heavens.

This is obviously a harbinger of where the focus of the G-man is going to be from here on out, regardless of whether the U.S. troops are willing to follow. No such doors are likely to open on the home turf, as TLW's original isolation policies have made them small potatoes in comparison to the megachurch movements found here in the U.S.

The associations that Silas has fostered in Brazil are to his credit and something that TLW-USA should have been on board with long ago. But, its hard to teach old dogs new tricks. The fields that Silas has planted are now ripe for the G-man to harvest.

Nothing like the upward flow . . . to the Vatican and beyond . . .

Posted by: pbxguy ()
Date: March 23, 2016 10:22PM

kBOY, maybe no way to know, but was Gary raised catholic? Pretty mind-bending that he would firmly embrace the very definition of what JRS preached against. Kind of charming in a creepy, prime time TV horror show sort of way.
It has II Peter 2:22 written all over it. Dog/vomit.

Will be interesting to see how many people swallow it. I remember when Ray Williamson from the El Cajon church announced that he had converted to Mormonism; most of the people said, "whaaaat?". But some of them followed him there and are still Mormon.

Perhaps we'll see a new generation of Catholics. Go figure.

Posted by: changedagain ()
Date: March 23, 2016 11:04PM

pbxguy Wrote:
> Apostle Dog,
>
> I think it is safe to say that I speak for
> everyone in this forum when I tell you we all send
> our very best thoughts, wishes, and prayers for
> your wife's well being. May she know that she is
> loved and treasured by those around her.

Yes

Posted by: changedagain ()
Date: March 23, 2016 11:13PM

pbxguy Wrote:
> kBOY, maybe no way to know, but was Gary raised
> catholic?

I think he has a Baptist background.

> Pretty mind-bending that he would firmly
> embrace the very definition of what JRS preached
> against. Kind of charming in a creepy, prime time
> TV horror show sort of way.
> It has II Peter 2:22 written all over it.
> Dog/vomit.

He really seems to be at a place where he believes something is true simply because he says it's so. And apparently, the only one influencing his perception is his wife in the cloud of witnesses. John is strangely silent.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.