Current Page: 9 of 15
PSI Seminars: What happend at PSI 7
Posted by: Samuel ()
Date: November 14, 2006 09:39AM

elle, I am sorry that your friendship was lost because of PSI. My wife attended PSI a couple of years ago, returned and was not the same. She also destroyed her relationships with her friends and family. She is now a lost soul. I have lost so much of myself because of what she has done and I understand how you feel. I hope you find peace.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: The Anticult ()
Date: November 16, 2006 09:39PM

PSIsurvivor
He seemed to think that I would be within my first amendment rights to post a website and tell my story as a warning to any students who were considering taking the seminar. He said that posting on these forums is just preaching to the choir so to speak. I'd need to register my webpage so that it would show up when people searched on PSI.

What is interesting is that if a person searches for PSI Seminars[/color:b493f6f427] on Google, this thread comes up 3rd in the world!
[www.google.com]

So its not true that posting in this message forum is preaching to the choir, in the sense that those who are curious can find it in seconds, as the thread has been around for 2.5 years, and thus gets an amazing ranking by Google.

I hope that if the Ross Institute ever decides to close down this message board, that they would figure out a way to "archive" all of the threads somewhere where they could remain on the internet for many decades to come. There must be a legal mechanism to create some type of "trust" where all of the thousands of threads like these one can stay on the internet for decades to come.
Dozens if not hundreds and thousands of people can be helped by reading these types of threads, written by regular people like them.

The trick is to not change the URL's, so the high Google ranking is never lost.

Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: November 16, 2006 09:48PM

The Ross Institute is a nonprofit charity and there are plans to continue the database indefintely, the message board and its archive included.

Posted by: PSIsurvivor ()
Date: November 29, 2006 11:58AM

There is hope that people will do a little research before signing up for PSI. I think it's great that people can find this thread and hopefully get a sense of how negative PSI can be.

Just say no to PSI. Just say no to Landmark. Please don't get involved in any type of LGAT. They don't deliver what they sell!

Posted by: Steve989 ()
Date: December 01, 2006 07:47AM

PSIsuvivor, I hope you're right getting the word out, with over 17000 views to this threat you would think PSI was going out of business. They are up to 444 classes already. SAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I found out that Landmark Forum offered their basic class to Officers of the Phoenix Police Department in October of 2004. The offer was made through the officers union who in turn told officers that if they took the classes they would get some type of college credit for attending and training credit through the state certification board. The stipulation was the officers, once they attended the class, they could sign up for additional classes and, of course, recruit their friends. Now the funny thing is the class was put on and several officers, who did attend, called their union and complained about the cult like tactics and the union called off any future classes and removed the Landmark class from the unions web site.

I also found out there was a county attorney in Phoenix who is involved with PSI seminars and she attempted to recruit several friends to PSI. She talked a girlfriend, who is a Phoenix Police Detective, into taking the basic and PSI7. After the friends return from PSI7 the friend left her husband. The husband managed to get into his wife’s yahoo group and sent all her family, friends, and her PSI group a letter about her involvement with PSI and how it destroyed their marriage.

Posted by: Robert-Paul ()
Date: December 02, 2006 11:06AM

Cops and Attorneys are not immune to this either? And you would have thought they would be the most critical thinkers and see past this BS.. I mean are they not always looking for the worse in people and actually seeing it???

Date: December 31, 2006 05:54AM

I would have thought so too, but such is not the case. Its too bad really that PSI can destroy the lives of peope who are sworn to protect us.

Posted by: ON2 LF ()
Date: December 31, 2006 09:12AM

I can confirm that police officers are not immune to the slick con game of LGATS. My first introduction to LGATS was from a police officer friend, trying to recruit me thinking they were merely 'sharing' a wonderful life experience with me. I can also attest that my friend is not the only officer involved with an LGAT in their department. The culprit organization in this case is landmark. I won't go into details as to how deeply involved my friend is, but I will say that the involvement is extreme, causing drastic change of life and personality. A change that is no where near the extraordinary result guaranteed by landmark. IN fact, it is appearing to be downright destructive and addictive.
It is my belief that people entrusted with public safety, and who are supposedly the more critical thinkers of society, are going to have greater difficulty breaking away from these cults because they will simply not be able to admit to themselves or anyone else that they were conned, duped, and sucked in, to an obvious conman's game. A uniform or a public office does not in anyway protect a person from the deception of LGAT cults.
I just wonder when politicians and law makers are going to clue into this crap and place restrictions on public servants' involvement with these cults. For instance, police officers are not permitted to associate with crime or criminals in their private lives, in any way, neither should they be permitted to attend cult forums and seminars. But that's just my opinion. Judges, psychologists, lawyers, and any other trusted professionals should stay the hell away from LGATS as well. I dread to think that I might be electing a zombie one day.....

Date: January 01, 2007 08:42AM

I couldn't believe police officers could fall for this and after reading you post about refusing to admit they have been conned hot home for me. I remember reading about Landmark offering their "courses" to Police and Fightfighters in New York after 9/11 and how most of those attending left their spouses. Some of them even left their spouses and started relationships with the wifes of those killed when the towers collapsed.

I borrowed this from another post, but it follows to reason that this is why people refuse to admit they have been fooled and taken advantage of by PSI SEMINARS...............

"One reason people stay in cults even when the experience is deeply painful is that it can be far more psychologically painful to admit to being unreasonable and wrong. For me, throwing off mind control was a matter of education and time. I learned that what keeps people in difficult and painful situations is an unwillingness to admit that they might have made poor choices. Before long I applied the same logic to my marriage. James and I were married in July 1998. Shortly thereafter, he started drinking heavily. We fought about it for a year, and then I left. Eventually we agreed that without Vistar, we never would have married."

Posted by: Jeri442 ()
Date: January 05, 2007 11:40AM

Steve, I agree with your last post. I am ashamed that I could have been so stupid to fall for PSI seminars. I did believe the group I was in was more important, but I should have known better. It does not make me feel any better that lawyers and police officers are being sucked into this. I feel strange whenever I talk to anyone and wonder if they have been though the training and if I can trust them.

Current Page: 9 of 15

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.