Current Page: 11 of 15
PSI Seminars: What happend at PSI 7
Posted by: Steve989 ()
Date: June 24, 2007 03:00AM

Ghost Dancer, how are you coming with the wife? I noticed you haven't posted in a while and wondered if everything is ok with you.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Chastain ()
Date: July 06, 2007 10:27AM

I was doing a google search on LGATS and PSI Seminars and saw that www.ripoffreports.com has several threads posted there for PSI Seminars.

I was thinking that others who had problems with the other LGATs I'd read about here could start a post there and complain about them.

Posted by: Jeri442 ()
Date: August 17, 2007 07:43AM

I was thinking that I

Posted by: army-of-me ()
Date: August 19, 2007 04:45AM

**URGENT**
Hi everyone, I am a frequent poster on the Impact Trainings thread, a recovering LGAT victim and an ally in the fight against all LGATs.
I am writing this because one of my best friends is a photojournalist and is very interested in doing a story on "how (insert any LGAT here) ruined your life."
If PSI ruined your life, you would like a chance to be heard, and you are either in southern California or in northern Utah PLEASE PM me today or tommorrow. She needs to write up a proposal first and needs someone to do the story about, but the proposal is due in the next couple days. Please PM me if you have any questions, are interested or know someone who might be interested. Thanks so much![/size:9ded619b49]

Posted by: avc123 ()
Date: August 21, 2007 06:29AM

I read many of these posts, and ones similar to these after the first night that I attended the Basic Seminar. I almost backed out, but ultimately I am really glad I didn't. And a close friend just got back from PSI7 and filled me in on her experience. Which was also great.
First I want to address some mistakes that I have read here and in other posts.
"They don't allow you to have food or drink"
The pamphlet clearly states that you should eat BEFORE coming on Thursday and Friday night and to bring snacks for the breaks. Same for Sat and SUn and you take nice long lunch break both of those days, you just have to buy your own lunch. They just ask that you don't eat DURING the class or in the room as it is a distracction. Sounds just like every class I had in college. Doesn't it? Makes sense right?

"You can't drive you're own car to PSI7 to the Ranch"
Actually you can. My friend said several people in her group drove there and you can leave whenever you want.

As far as my experience goes: I was skeptical the whole time. There is nothing crazy that happens on the Sunday of the Basic for that "wow" moment, I just think that a lot of people, like me, take that long to let their guard down a little. I know I did.
And yes, they do encourage you to attend the other classes like 7 and the Leadership course. It IS a business. At Colleges all over the country, they encourage you to take other classes because they need to keep revenue coming in. Nobody calls that a "Cult".

I won't be pushing anyone to attend. I had a great experience and might someday go do PSI7. I just want to take what I've learned about myself and put it to use first. Everybody learns something different about themselves in the class. You take away only what you are willing to. Nothing more, nothing less. So, if you think it's a "rip off" and it did nothing for you. You can very EASILY get a refund after you are done.[/b]

Posted by: elena ()
Date: August 21, 2007 06:47AM

avc123
I read many of these posts, and ones similar to these after the first night that I attended the Basic Seminar. I almost backed out, but ultimately I am really glad I didn't. And a close friend just got back from PSI7 and filled me in on her experience. Which was also great.
The pamphlet clearly states that you should eat BEFORE coming on Thursday and Friday night and to bring snacks for the breaks. Same for Sat and SUn and you take nice long lunch break both of those days, you just have to buy your own lunch. They just ask that you don't eat DURING the class or in the room as it is a distracction. Sounds just like every class I had in college. Doesn't it? Makes sense right?

Actually you can. My friend said several people in her group drove there and you can leave whenever you want.

As far as my experience goes: I was skeptical the whole time. There is nothing crazy that happens on the Sunday of the Basic for that "wow" moment, I just think that a lot of people, like me, take that long to let their guard down a little. I know I did.
And yes, they do encourage you to attend the other classes like 7 and the Leadership course. It IS a business. At Colleges all over the country, they encourage you to take other classes because they need to keep revenue coming in. Nobody calls that a "Cult".

I won't be pushing anyone to attend. I had a great experience and might someday go do PSI7. I just want to take what I've learned about myself and put it to use first. Everybody learns something different about themselves in the class. You take away only what you are willing to. Nothing more, nothing less. So, if you think it's a "rip off" and it did nothing for you. You can very EASILY get a refund after you are done.[/b]

Gee, you sound like a perfect candidate for one of these cults. You pick a couple of insignificant criticisms and then breezily dismiss them as though you'd done a real thorough examination. You "claim" to have read "many of these posts" but apparently they've had little to say in your estimation. Oh, and that EASY refund -- well that just cinches it, doesn't it?

Brainwashing has very little to do with eating or driving and more to do with convincing you something worthless or dangerous is of great value.

I suggest to you that your understanding is superficial to the point of being non-existent. Again, you are a good candidate for the lathering. Forty years of evidence and experience has piled up against these groups and it really doesn't take that much to figure it out. But they don't want anyone who can do that and are probably thrilled there are still more like you around -- willing to put the blinders on and advertise for them in cyberspace.

Ellen

Posted by: Samuel ()
Date: August 21, 2007 08:35AM

Hum, that sounds familiar. They must get these statements from the PSI play book. My ex-wife told me that same thing after she left and tried to explain that she took in what she found to be interesting and possibly applicable to her life and left the rest. She even disagreed with some of the bullshit but she felt she had gotten enough bullshit from it to consider the experiences to be worth the money she spent. Can anyone spell “BRAINWASHING?”

Posted by: Jen 03 ()
Date: August 21, 2007 12:00PM

Samuel said:

Hum, that sounds familiar. They must get these statements from the PSI play book. My ex-wife told me that same thing after she left and tried to explain that she took in what she found to be interesting and possibly applicable to her life and left the rest. She even disagreed with some of the bullshit but she felt she had gotten enough bullshit from it to consider the experiences to be worth the money she spent. Can anyone spell “BRAINWASHING?”

This is more or less what my mother said when I asked her about PSI. I showed her the information my dad had on his computer and she said it was made up by people who never experienced PSI. She said the same thing as Samuel and avc123 about taking what she found interesting and leaving the rest. If you only knew how much this changed my father. She has ruined her life, ruined my dad's life and our family. If you only had any idea how this changed my family and IT WAS NOT for the best.

Posted by: SaneAgain ()
Date: August 22, 2007 02:17AM

avc123 wrote:

Ok, so as far as I can tell, at some point during the course you made a [i:496333728a]conscious[/i:496333728a] decision to:

* become cold-hearted and callous enough to read all the stories of loss, heart-ache and suffering written here - then jump up and down and about your great experience and TOTALLY discount the suffering which you've just read about.
* Adopt an attitude that if someone didn't have a great experience its their own fault because they weren't "willing" to have a great experience
* Ignore the fact that people who lost family members to this disgusting virus of an organisation cannot "get a refund".
* Give up your natural language and replace it with PSI cliches and jargon?
* Become so un-thinking as to not be able to tell the difference between a college providing courses using normal business practice and a schmarmy multi-level marketing company brainwashing people to recruit their loved ones, under the guise of "love" and "trust" - which is in fact a BETRAYAL of trust?

I am sorry, but in light of the heart-felt stories and messages on this subject I find your attitude shallow, un-thinking and nauseating. I can only hope its the superficial lgat mask you've paid so much money for, and not your real self.

Is this what you call "Personal Growth"???

Posted by: Passionate ()
Date: August 22, 2007 03:51AM

Sane, when you say that someone "TOTALLY discount(s) the suffering which you've just read about", maybe you could see the other side of the coin and say you are totally discounting that this person had a good experience. There are two sides to that coin.

The way people talk here, it seems that is it an impossibility that anyone could have a good experience. That is not for you to decide, it is up to the individual who went to the training. Brainwashed? Blind? Possibilities. However if they truly believe they had a good experience you cannot take away from that unless you educate them about the flaws in their own thinking and behavior and show them how an LGAT has manipulated them. If they won't see it then they truly DID have a great experience, in their own mind. There is always a possibility that someone comes out of the training and isn't brainwashed and is healthy and can take the useful stuff and use it, while leaving the excess crap behind.

Just a thought of another possibility.

Current Page: 11 of 15

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.