Re: IMPACT Trainings
Posted by: Me Too ()
Date: October 22, 2008 12:52PM

I thought I was adding my remark after Hopeful Soul, but it appears to have posted out of order (if not just floating on it's own). So, here is a link to my long winded sharing of some of the things I remember of my experience.

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: October 22, 2008 01:57PM

formerimpactgrad
Matausi,

I'm sure exImpact will respond to your post at length, but I wanted to take the time to throw in my two cents.

Yes, Impact does teach that Jesus is not a Savior in their TIT classes. Hans tells the group that Jesus' sole purpose was to prove that he had power over death. Hans uses Jesus' saying "Go and do likewise" as a basis for the assertion that Jesus was no different than anyone else. Hans also states that Jesus' father was Joseph and that Mary's virgin conception was a myth.

Hans goes on to infer that he has an intimate relationship with Jesus and implies that he has learned things through direct communication with him. For instance, Hans discusses Jesus' career and says that he was a wealthy ship builder. Hans states these ideas as facts without any historical backing. In one of my trainings someone asked Hans about his facts and Hans' response was, "Your eyes have not been opened yet". He then stated that Jesus was standing in the training room at that very moment.

I have personally heard Hans and other trainers state, on multiple occasions, that Jesus often attends the trainings and that those staff members and trainers whose "eyes are open" can see him. Despite all of this, Hans continues to insist that Impact is not a religion.

I have only touched on a couple of beliefs espoused in the TIT trainings. I would be happy to answer any additional questions.

To those of you who are LDS and have been to the temple-pay attention to this statement:
"Your eyes have not been opened yet"

Who is Hans imitating?

There is another sentence imitated by Sally (when she visited in my Quest level) of the one Hans is imitating.

Posted by: dazedandconfused ()
Date: October 24, 2008 09:46AM

I'm not LDS..who is he quoting?

Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: October 24, 2008 08:28PM

Me too:

There is no need to post in blue.

Also, preaching religious beliefs is against the rules you agreed to before posting here.

Date: October 24, 2008 09:30PM

rrmoderator
Me too:

There is no need to post in blue.

Also, preaching religious beliefs is against the rules you agreed to before posting here.

Thank you moderator.

Date: October 24, 2008 11:35PM

I wasn't trying to preach a religion. For me to answer dazedandconfused question, I was providing information about where Hans came across that sentence.

I do not like to place information out of it's context.

After I left that message, I realized more about what Hans is doing. I'm absolutely FURIOUS. Now I understand why my contact is so upset and can't even carry on a conversation about IMPACT or the Bergers.

ExIMPACT isn't the only one who was on the inside of that program. If I read correctly, ExIMPACT is not LDS and thus has not been in the temple. My contact and I are both LDS and have been in the temple. Thus, we have a different perspective of what the Bergers are doing.

Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: October 25, 2008 12:53AM

Me Too:

OK.

Please create context and explain yourself completely so that people can easily understand that point.

Date: October 25, 2008 02:18AM

Me Too
I wasn't trying to preach a religion. For me to answer dazedandconfused question, I was providing information about where Hans came across that sentence.

I do not like to place information out of it's context.

After I left that message, I realized more about what Hans is doing. I'm absolutely FURIOUS. Now I understand why my contact is so upset and can't even carry on a conversation about IMPACT or the Bergers.

ExIMPACT isn't the only one who was on the inside of that program. If I read correctly, ExIMPACT is not LDS and thus has not been in the temple. My contact and I are both LDS and have been in the temple. Thus, we have a different perspective of what the Bergers are doing.

Well to me both of these cults look the same.

Posted by: Hopeful Soul ()
Date: October 25, 2008 04:18AM

Me Too,

You just hit the "new topic" button which starts a new thread, a common mistake that I made in my first few posts. You should not assume that just because someone has not been a patron of an LDS temple that they don't know in detail the ordinances performed there since they are posted in a host of places on the Internet. It is fitting that you mention exImpact. It was exImpact that first made the clearest statement on how religion should be dealt with on this forum, and that is to keep it descriptive rather than prescriptive. To be prescriptive is to lay down a rule, dictate (preach). To be descriptive is to represent or give an account. It seems that you were descriptive and the moderator OKs that. This is important because Impact does borrow a lot from other religions including LDS temple ordinances. You can't describe Impact without getting into religion.

Since the temple ordinances are all posted in cyberspace, a public domain, I just call attention to what some would perceive to be the anti-LGAT/Impact nature of the initiatory washings and anointings posted there. Note that they get involved in blessing the head that the brain and intellect will be clear and active and the eyes that they will discern between truth and error. The heart is not even mentioned specifically, just included in the word "vitals" and that they perform their proper function. How anti-Impact is that?

I hope that this is descriptive enough. I could go on about how they worship trees and fruit in LMT like Druids or the stuff they have copied from Zen Budism etc. My intent is to be totally non prescriptive here.

Date: October 25, 2008 05:00AM

A lot of cults borrow different teachings from each other so the impact cult using things from the LDS cult really isn't the problem. The problem is so many people are falling under the spell of all different destructive teachings.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.