Re: IMPACT Trainings
Posted by: dazedandconfused ()
Date: October 26, 2008 12:52AM

I'm fed up. I am sick of all the destruction that is being created from this training. I don't think Hans, Sally and Pamela are immune to it. I'm sure that's why Terri Smart finally left. She probably couldn't continue the charade because she had a conscience. I think they know exactly what they're doing. The money they want to stuff their pocketbooks with is more important than keeping predators and mentally ill people away. They don't even have a screening process. Some think the benefits outweigh the risk but I think if one took a cold hard look at the facts(if the powers that be didn't cover them up)they would be shut down in a second.
Someone eluded to this before. How many people have divorced, committed suicide, committed adultery, started using or returned to using drugs after the training? How many continued molesting or beating their children or wives after they were told there was no right or wrong? There are some sick people there and they're taught to trust everyone. Scary situation if you ask me. Me too, I hope your contact uncovers this in the way you stated. Someone has to that has more pull than I do.
I'll just continue to 'put it out there' that they lose their 'privilege' to continue the madness.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Espiritu ()
Date: November 13, 2008 04:52AM

Hello everyone...

Let me just say it's taken A HECK OF A LONG TIME to get to the end of this thread, but I have finally done it and I can finally post. Whew!

I actually came to this website to research another LGAT..."secret society" thing that I was invited to recently when I saw messages about Impact. I became curious and now, well, here I am. I was shocked to learn about how much damage this LGAT has caused and I am sad for anyone who's life has been affected adversely.

That being said, I wanted to say a few things. I went through the core trainings about 15 years ago, back in Sacramento - following the suggestion of my mom and step dad, who (of course) went throught it as well.

I am considering myself lucky since it seems that, over time, the people at the top of this pyramid have shown their true colors. Maybe since I went through it in the early years, they hadn't really perfected the art of brainwashing and hadn't become so corrupt. Who knows.

All I can say is that I really didn't have that bad of an experience (I can feel the winces now). I cannot speak for those people I went through the training with...since I have zero contact with them. I can say that my mom and stepdad went on to staff a few trainings and did the couples thing. When I told my mom about what all has been revealed here, she was literally blown away.

The harshest thing that was said to me (by a staff person) in feedback was "You are a throw away doll". If I have to sum up my own dysfunction - or issue for me to deal with in life - I would say that I am super co-dependent. I come from an 4 generation alcoholic family and there is a trend of women codependents. Anyway, this statement was essentially true and stuck with me because I did put myself and my own needs last on the list. And, when I did, I felt selfish or guilty. I remember people struggling with giving the feedback. I know people on here have said how verbally abusive their feedback experience was...and I can see how this would happen. I don't recall anyone using f-bombs or anything...but, again, this was a long time ago. I have read everyone's comments about their feedback experience and wanted to ask you guys something... If you were doing something in your life that was harming you, would you want to be confronted about it? I am not advocating that this confrontation needs to be abusive - but, would you want to know? Every time I wanted to confront my husband about how much his drinking scared me and how much it made me feel second best or like crap, etc..... I FOUND THIS INCREDIBLY DIFFICULT. But, what is the best thing to do in this situation. Shall I just continue to avoid dealing with it? Shall I deny that it's even a problem? Or, no matter how painful and hurtful it is for him to hear it...shall I tell him how I feel and what I think about him? And, if I do tell him and he decides to do something about it... isn't that better? I guess this is my idea of the whole "caring about someone enough to be honest". That's what I took from feedback.

I think the fact that my mom had kinda told me in advance...don't take it "SO" seriously...HELPED. I do remember how we were all instructed not to ingest anything artificial so if we experienced any somatic pain, we were to truly "experience it". Anyway, after the first night, I had a major headache so I took an aspirin. I immediately FREAKED OUT and called me mom. I was like, "Oh man... I messed up. I took an aspirin and I just remembered I wasn't supposed to". She said, "Don't worry about it. Just don't say anything. It's not a big deal". Thank god for my mom. Clearly I was starting to become "effected" by the idea of not conforming and being intimidated. He advice really helped me stay grounded in myself and not become dependent on the trainers for approval, etc.

I also remember chosing my buddy or, as was instructed "the person you are most uncomfortable with". Nice. I picked some older man who had that shaky, alcoholic look to him. I took the instructions seriously. And, I did learn something about myself in the buddy process. I don't like to depend on men. I told this guy..."look, you don't ever have to call me or worry about me, etc. I will be here on time". Funny, i wasn't the least bit concerned about him being there. I was so creeped out about him being my buddy and did my best to make sure I never needed him for squat. I am sorry to say, guys, but this was pretty much a "mirror of my life". I.e., my childhood experience with my alcoholic father made it almost impossible for me to think any man could ever be there for me. So, I made sure no one had to. Even though I was able to come to this realization, tho, I wasn't fully able to trust the real man in my life (hubby) for some 8 years more. It took a long time for me to let go of this need to be "strong" and actually tell my husband that I needed him to be there for me.

I waited a month or two before i did summit. My lifeboat experience was stressful. I do remember that...and how I gave away my sticks/life. The most stressful part about it though was that my mom told me in advance it was going to be really rough. So, I got super nervous and ended up throwing up during the sequence when we were all crawling across the floor. Other than that...my stretch was to dance around in provocative clothes singing, "Cold Hearted Snake" with two other female trainees. I don't remember there being any cows. I do recall some really macho dudes who were asked to do balet (in tutus). Is that really a horrible thing? I recall lots of trust falls and the feet washing thing.

In lift off I remember we had to go to this mall and get people to march in a parade with us. Kinda stupid, but especially challenging if you are shy or introverted. Could actually help someone's anxiety to do something like that. And then ropes course - which I really thought was cool. I struggled with Lifeline and saw that how i did it was (sorry again) another reflection of my issues (trying to be in control, working at it "too hard", smothering my egg, which broke). My mom staffed lift off and when it was over, I remember the blindfold coming off to find them (mom and stepdad) washing my feet, taking care of me...and it was a GOOD THING.

I never recruited anyone. My husband was against it the whole time - ironically because of it's Mormon ties - and the cost. I told him about this board and what everyone was saying. He told me that, looking back, he feels like I did change after all was said and done and that I was "more confident".

Anyway, I have a lot more I wanted to comment about - about the whole "good and bad" thing and how Hans has clearly stolen material from Neale David Walsch within the last 5 years. Oh, and using it out of context and not really "living the idea" of it. I will stop for now though, because this message is WAY TOO LONG and I imagine someone might have something to say.....

Date: November 13, 2008 10:25AM

wow. kind of amazed no one has responded....where did you all go?

just an aside... I am a marriage/family therapist intern. I have a masters in counseling. A lot of things that were done in the trainings are from Gestalt theories..interventions that are done to address unfinished business...and they are not bad interventions. The fact that unqualified people are overseeing the interventions is, however, disturbing.

As a result of what I went through, I healed a relationship with my younger sister...who never attended the training...and my mother states that she was able to finally let go and forgive my abusive father.

It's a shame that the process is being blamed. It's not the process that is flawed. It is the people in the process who have created crappy results.

I also want to say that the ideas behind the secret and Conversations with God are taken out of context and have been abused.

Anyway, i look forward to a dialog about this...

Posted by: Hopeful Soul ()
Date: November 14, 2008 12:33AM

Espiritu,

I expect you will get a lot of comments on this. It's just that there is a lot to comment on. I, for one, had not heard of Neale David Walsch and his writings etc. It was interesting to search on his name on Google and get informed. It affirms the religious aspects of Impact, even though they deny it. It is good to know that someone with professional training is involved in our discussion. I have long thought that Impact methods are like having butchers running the operating room rather than skilled surgeons. The Secret has been so discredited by the antics of David Schirmer. It's hard to get much current information on Schirmer, but he has been under investigation for fraud and even his closest subordinates have turned on him. I bet the Secret will not be part of the next All Impact Grads day at U. of U. on Jan. 3, 2009.

Date: November 14, 2008 12:54AM

Thanks for commenting, Hopeful.

I hear you about the butchers. Surgeons are preferred ;)

Even when The Secret came out, I was like... "Um, this isn't new information". In Conversations with God (Walsch) the idea that we create our own reality with thoughts is discussed. This kind of perspective is also very akin to things like cognitive behavior therapy.

I mean, when it comes right down to it...all we really have (control over) is our perspective. So, do I want to walk around all day thinking negative thoughts? Do I believe that draws more negativity into my life and makes me look at the world and everyone in it in a bias way? Ummm...yes, duh.

Anyway, I have to run for now. But, I do believe there is merit to some of the things that are tossed around - but, it's important to understand them in a full context and not just use bits and pieces willy nilly to justify your own screwed up behavior. Of course, people who quote scripture for their own agenda do the same thing.

I don't see walsch's stuff as being "religous", btw....

ok, gotta go!

Posted by: Madshus007 ()
Date: November 16, 2008 09:46PM

Espiritu
I was shocked to learn about how much damage this LGAT has caused...

Amazing how naive people continue to be over the years after taking the 'training'. Classic brainwashing.

Espiritu
Anyway, after the first night, I had a major headache so I took an aspirin. I immediately FREAKED OUT and called me mom. I was like, "Oh man... I messed up. I took an aspirin and I just remembered I wasn't supposed to".

After one night they had enough control over you to make you 'freak out' if you took an aspirin, and think doing so is something you're not supposed to do?!? Disregarding one's own health because you were 'told to'... more classic brainwashing.

Espiritu
The most stressful part about it though was that my mom told me in advance it was going to be really rough. So, I got super nervous and ended up throwing up during the sequence when we were all crawling across the floor.

You paid how many hundreds, if not thousands of dollars, to first have someone (who is not a licensed professional, and more or less a quack) instruct you to crawl across a floor and then have it bother you so much you threw-up? Truly amazing.

Espiritu
Is that really a horrible thing?

Your question (and the fact you've come to this board) shows you sense something is wrong with the entire Impact experience. I love witnessing a splash of true enlightenment. ;-)

Date: November 17, 2008 04:06AM

Madshus007
Espiritu
I was shocked to learn about how much damage this LGAT has caused...

Amazing how naive people continue to be over the years after taking the 'training'. Classic brainwashing.

*Hmmm..it appears my being empathetic to the damage IMPACT has caused many of you and your family members/loved ones has been perceived as brainwashing. I don't really get that. The reason I was shocked was because I hadn't even thought about Impact until I saw it on this board. *

Espiritu
Anyway, after the first night, I had a major headache so I took an aspirin. I immediately FREAKED OUT and called me mom. I was like, "Oh man... I messed up. I took an aspirin and I just remembered I wasn't supposed to".

After one night they had enough control over you to make you 'freak out' if you took an aspirin, and think doing so is something you're not supposed to do?!? Disregarding one's own health because you were 'told to'... more classic brainwashing.

*You're right - I was starting to succomb to their group-think mentality. Good thing I listended to my mom and not take the whole thing so seriously;)*

Espiritu
The most stressful part about it though was that my mom told me in advance it was going to be really rough. So, I got super nervous and ended up throwing up during the sequence when we were all crawling across the floor.

You paid how many hundreds, if not thousands of dollars, to first have someone (who is not a licensed professional, and more or less a quack) instruct you to crawl across a floor and then have it bother you so much you threw-up? Truly amazing.

*I feel this is a little taken out of context. The reason I got sick was because my mom had sparked my nerves - so I was already anxious. Nausea is a typical phyiscal experience when you're anxious. I have to wonder whether or not I really would have been so affected if my mom hadn't already warned me this would be "difficult"*

Espiritu
Is that really a horrible thing?

Your question (and the fact you've come to this board) shows you sense something is wrong with the entire Impact experience. I love witnessing a splash of true enlightenment. ;-)

*Again, this was taken out of context. My question was a comment in disguise. I don't think it's a horrible thing for a macho man to dress up in a tutu and dance balet. And, as I already explained..the fact that i came to this board in the first place had nothing to do with Impact. Obviously something IS wrong with Impact: the people who run it are in it for their own selfish, egomaniacal reasons, which goes against any actual positive message one can get out of a training like this - we are all one, connected - and worthy of love.*

Date: November 21, 2008 10:57PM

that's it. i am changing my name to "thread killer". I can't believe I spent SO MUCH TIME reading this entire thread and now it seems to have fizzled off.

Oh well, I guess that is good news.

Posted by: Hopeful Soul ()
Date: November 22, 2008 11:25AM

Maybe the thread fizzled because it got dunked in the Impact Water. Impact Trainings is nothing if it is not a marketing enterprise. For example:

from the November 2008 Impact Edge announcing the All Grads Training 2009:

PURE INSPIRATION LIVING WATER
Health Water with a High pH of 8.6

Not all waters are created equal!. Impact Training now offers a unique health water with Healthy Life Essentials that include low surface tension, positive polarity, free hydrogen electrons--the fuel of life, healthy structure, high Bovis rating, bio-photon exchange, high electrical conductivity, and low solids. The result? A great tasting water with phenomenal results for your body.

AVAILABLE AT THE IMPACT TRAINING CENTER:

* WATER BOTTLES: (12) 1 LITER BOTTLES $22
* BLADDERS: (1) 640 OZ. $25

What a line of B.S. Any high school chemistry student knows that high electrical conductivity results from high solids, not low solids. Free hydogen electrons will shock you and are no different than any other free electrons; that is what electricity is--free electrons. Free electrons would give you negative polarity, not positive polarity. It's good for irrigating trees I bet. Perhaps it makes them listen better when LMT folks engage in their tree conversations. So if your looking for something to charge Impact with, how about false advertizing. I would like to see them substantiate the rediculous claims for this PURE INSPIRATION LIVING WATER.

Posted by: Impacted ()
Date: November 23, 2008 06:00AM

Don't forget that Impacted Water has had affirmations, decrees, declarations and nice music played over it.

Then it was frozen into perfect crystals with thoughts of love, and gently thawed out at room temperature.

That makes the water much, much better for you . . . see? Believe it is so, and it is!

Harmless Hans will prove this by drinking snake poison that's been decreed over at the next all grad training, then he will walk on the water, while doing a native American rain dance naked.

Next up, Justin Juice, a special 12-juice blend, Sally's Sticky Sorghum Syrup for your toasted Impact cakes, and Ward's watermelon that you can suck the life out of then spit on the ground just like they do to Ward and did to Terri and JJ . . .

--Ed

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.