Re: IMPACT Trainings
Posted by: Impacted ()
Date: August 16, 2008 08:55AM

>>Has anyone here taken any steps to shut Impact down? That would be the ultimate goal, right? <<

Impact has been "shut down" / gone bankrupt several times.

Impact Inc, became Impact International, which was reincorporated as the Harmony Institute "offering the Impact Trainings," then back to Impact again.

Hans and Sally were out of business for about two months in the fall of 2001.

Each time leaving a wake of unpaid bills, angry creditors, and the kind of disintegrity that will get you fried on the first day of Quest but doesn't apply to the "higher law" underwhich Hans operates.

There's a court record that can be dug up, but the bottom line -- each time Impact goes out of business, the "loyal grads" who buy Hans' victim stories, have built it back up.

--Ed

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: August 16, 2008 11:18AM

What is the end goal?

To put the Bergers and Co. into personal bankruptcy because they've harmed one personally?

To make Impact Trainings literally pay for harming one through their programs?

Or to make sure people that get involved with Impact Trainings have as much a chance as possible to know what they're getting themselves into beforehand so they can make an informed choice, and to be safe from unlicensed therapy if they do join?

If you're interested in the latter, I think that's where we can all work together. Unfortunately, since I believe my site is visited frequently by Impact Trainings folks, and I know this site is, I wish we could meet in person to discuss some options that could legally be taken to help protect people against this type of organization.

This may sound presumptuous, I'm brand new, and I mean who am I, right? but if anyone is interested in sending me a private message, I'd like to see if anyone is interested in working with me on a certain project. I'll be happy to share what I have proposed. If Impact Trainings is just a company we've all decided to be upset with, that's one thing, but if we really feel that it's a danger to people, then isn't it realistic to take another step to help protect people? I think we all want that.

Let's leverage the networking that this site has created, get together interested parties, and get some stuff done.

Posted by: bobnar ()
Date: August 16, 2008 12:13PM

Kind of like a cross between "The Night of the Living Impacted," and John Belushi's "The Thing That Wouldn't Leave" sketch.

Posted by: concernedforall ()
Date: August 16, 2008 04:17PM

To all concerned,
Go to www.impacttrainingscritic.com read every page make comments.

Posted by: too much ()
Date: August 20, 2008 10:11AM

In shock, it isn't surprizing that Impact would kick your husband out, especially if he were displaying any amount of lingering critical thinking. Kicking him out fulfills at least two purposes - 1) to get rid of him because he was too difficult and it would take too much energy to subdue him and 2) it puts fear into the minds of the other attendees. Few people like to feel like they've failed at something. Impact has a great way of saying basically, "Do what we say or you are a true failure in the greatest sense - you failed your life and those people in it." I think that may even be a quote - almost. Of course, it's not true. Kudos to your husband for being difficult - and thinking.

It would not be surprizing that your husband is still traumatized. Look around this website for resources. There are lists of books and articles that can address, dissect and analyze what he's been through. As I read the articles and books suggested, I'm shocked at how many cults, LGATs and other shady con-artists there are in the Utah area. (I'm guessing you're local.)

I must admit, I have fantasies of holding picket signs on the off ramps of I-15 on Wenesdays saying things like - "Don't go to Impact if you value your money, religion or sanity" or "Yeah, Impact changed my life - into a toilet!"

Just as a note to ex-impact and other people who have been kind to me on this board, I am trying to get to Wellspring Retreat sometime soon. I have had problems following through, but I found a friend and a family member who are now convinced that it would do a lot of good.

This board is wonderful. I can see by the increase in activity over the past year that even though Impact has been getting fuller classes, there are a large number of people reaching out before or after they go. At least there is a resource. I think I would have had an even worse time after having been through Impact, realizing that something was seriously wrong about it and my reaction to it, but never knowing what it was or worse, have no one believe that it was even harmful. Anyway, thanks.

Posted by: concernedforall ()
Date: August 20, 2008 12:19PM

!!!!!!
I think the kicking out is something they hope for,someone to make an example of.The buddy system is a method to keep people in the program until you are influenced by the training.When you see someone getting confronted for not caring enough and not making sure there buddy is there you commit to not letting your buddy down and you show up no mattter what.The group dynamics involved in the training are one of the keys to keep people coming.Changing the subject a little one of the sad things is when you go through the training you start to develop new relationships with people you really start to care about and suddenly all those people are gone when you come to the conclusion that the training is something other than what you thought you were getting into.I really care about my family that I went through the core trainings with and really miss them a lot.

Posted by: Inshock ()
Date: August 21, 2008 07:02PM

To much,

Thank you for the response, I actually live in Idaho. So naturally I am afraid that the impact poison will be spreading this way next. Like I said earlier my husband was invited by a friend (that remains to be seen). This is what made him stick it out as long as he did. He told me He knew it was wrong the minute they said there was no hope. We believe in hope so much it's our daughters middle name. But he was going to stay still, just to get his money's worth, just to finish the training, after all his friend said it was a good thing. He called me after the first night and said he didn't like the way they did things there, I had no idea what the hell it was so I encouraged him. Of course he was being good and keeping those pathetic losers secrets and didn't tell me what the hell they were trying to teach him. But he was clearly upset. I just kick myself for not telling him to leave then. I think he wanted me to so that he could leave without being a "failure". His story about being how he left is just strange compared to what I have been reading on here. His buddy wasn't going to come he even drove all the way to provo to try to find him. He finally decided to go anyway and of course was attacked upon entering with "where is your buddy" he tried to "take Responsibilty" said "I failed my buddy". This is where I think its weird Justin said take of your nametag and leave. Was this all with the intention of him coming back in after being "handled" or did Justin not want him there. The thing that threw my husband over the edge he said is that when he walked out where the handlers were He thought it was creepy that all of them knew what it meant that Justin had taken his nametag like they were one collective thought like the borg or something. Of couse he heard some natural knowing crap and failure crap, then they said he would have to return in OCt. it just seems weird. So of course this is where he freaked out. And all of you that wished you had said all kinds of things to those idiots, don't worry my husband covered it for you and he did it loud, he wanted that whole place to hear. Thank God.

But when he got home and told me everything I was shocked and the educated person in me had to know more, I went to my friendly internet and here I am. I was in shock ,hence the name, at everything I was reading I kept reading constantly I was a little obsessed. I read everything, well almost everthing, Sometimes I just had to skip right past Hopeful souls stuff. I felt like I knew you guys I was rooting for all of you. Every time someone new showed up it was another victory. So thank you to all of you who have kept this site going. I have no intentions of sitting idolly by. When it really hit me on monday how close my marriage came to being torn apart it was more than I could bear.

I am so angry. I want to know more about consents and the waiver signed. I'm a nurse and if I have someone sign a consent for a cesarean section, they damn well better be getting one, not a leg amputation. They sign waivers and consents thinking they are going to get one thing and get something totally different. I know my husband did not consent to verbal, and emotional abuse. Also for those spouses who lose their partner to impact what about suing for alienation of affection. The spouses didn't sign any waivers. But seriously why haven't you guys gotten together for a class action suit. With as much time as you have spent here I think you could have made it really far in that direction. Hit them where their heart is (their wallet). I am in the process of disputing their charge with the credit card company. I also sent a huge email to dateline nbc asking for them to do an expose' hey it's worth a try.

I just want to say that I appreciated the posts on this forum. You are some very intelligent and hillarious people. And from starting at the beginning, and working my way to the end, I can see you guys have come a long way. The old fashioned way.

Posted by: Impacted ()
Date: August 26, 2008 03:56PM

Why is the Bank of Utah associated with Harmony/Great Life??? Do they know it's a cult? Is this more Brett Harward BS?
I recommend calling the Bank of Utah to move your business elsewhere if they refuse to repudiate doing business with this cult.

>>> The Bank of Utah is sponsoring a free seminar for business owners and managers on how to build brand awareness and sales through effective marketing strategies, 9 a.m.-noon, Great Life Foundation, 351 W. Lawndale (2500 South), Salt Lake City. Reserve a seat by contacting Lea at 801-409-5172 or online at www.bankofutah.com. <<<

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/26/2008 03:58PM by Impacted.

Posted by: Inshock ()
Date: August 27, 2008 02:29AM

My wife is awesome she has taken the time to seek all of you out. I have been reading the board and I first must thank you all for the courage for starting this and empowering me to speak. First off I am amazded that LGAT are leagle. The three days I spent in quest were unbearable by the time I got kicked out I was so confused. Normally I would attack anyone who treats me badly. I have a great awarness for bullshit but some how, I fell right into Justin's and Darren's trap. Justin used MY FUCKING EXCPERIENCE to control the whole group on the first day. He had one of his little cronies bring me a Microphone while there were about seven people still standing from the abuse the had recieved from Justin (there anwsers wern't working for Justin) therefore they don't have the right to sit. So then I stand and confromt Justin he says you didnt raise your hand, I say I dont't like your rightous arrtgorance and the way you are treating these people, "who do you have the right to speak for" Mutters Justin (fuckstick)? He say's to me that's right next thing I know I am pouring my heart out and I start to cry, (Weak I am).
Justin uses me "he says are you ready to pay the price," of course I said yes, in hind sight I should have leveled him right there (show him a price) and walked the fuck out of there. Justin looks at the audience and says, with a demons grin, "will see, give him a hand." You may sit down he mutters, I am the first person to help Justin make the group submit by being real and by the simple act of sitting I should have stayed standing. This fucking fucking fucking fucking fucking fucking pisses me off to no end. I am a born again rebel and for me to just put both elbows on the counter and let Justin mount me is so so so so so not me it's wrong. The next 3 days were horrible, it made me question every belief system I have and my beliefs were working just fine untill this point. (The problem is my life is great and my friend and still my friend lead me there under false pretences to quest nothing but lies, you will meet successful people who willl teach about businesses and oppertunities.)
The quest trainers have such power over people. Justin made everyonel of us recieve buddies Don't leave your buddy Justin and Darren would mutter over and over again. This is the only reason why I went back the second day, only because I didn't want my buddy to lose out, What a mind fuck this is. The second day I make it back despite my many reservations my buddy is there, thank God. The poor people who's buddies didn't show up, Justin completely destroys them in front of us all. All day long nothing but bruttle bullshit from (fuck stick). My buddy and me are on break and we start talking about the trainers how they are weird and give the feeling they are better than all of us unenlightened, My buddy and I are actually making fun of them bad. A couple of trainers were listening to us and you could see the sirens go off over there head, (Code red COde Red a free thinker, warning free thikers).
We get back in before 2001 a space auddsey stops playing and we are broke into archs (feedback archs). This is horrifing what some of these poor people have to endure. the trainers are horrible they keep telling us be more brutal serve it to them. Come on pussy one says to me get real. I said to her shut up fucking dumb bitch all serve it to you, than I had to stand up again and go through the arch a second time, because of my attitude. The trainer starts the arch out and hammers me for the full 3 minutes at the end I looked at her and still called her a bitch, this time a fucking fat bitch, she has Justin there this time and he says no sidetalking like 6 times to me so loud everyone in the room turns to look. I sit but now I am beyond pissed.
That day and nigt we do all of these excerises that are designed to tweak with your mind let out things that don't need to be let out that super dark secert that only God knows. This is where the mind fuck really begins. I can't stop the thoughts from poundiong me I feel so gulity and pissed and so confused it is so overwhelming and its the beginning of a mental breakdown something I have seen way to often in my own family. Something I never thought I would allow my self to experience, after all I felt that I was stronger than this. What lies they put into me. I leave that night around 1:30 am. I can't get these thoughts to stop I hardly sleep that night that's what the want an easy Target after all. I wake up and call my buddy. My buddy says he feels sick, no wonder why. I convince him to come because I thought up untill now I am paying the price and there will be some breakthrough for all I am doing, Right?
After all this is the price I had payed. I drive to Provo to find my buddies house I am from out of state so I dont know where I am, so I give up and head off to ITC. I am almost late and my buddy hasn't showed up. The music starts playing I hurry to my seat and Justin asks the group did your buddy not make it here? I stand, the only one to stand or fail there buddy. Justin asks where is your buddy I say, "I have failed my buddy in a submissive tone" Next Justin says take your name tag off and get out. Justin is going to use me again to keep the group under his control I fuckin let him use me again, burn in hell Justin/(fuck stick)I turn back and give him a look get out he says like 6 times. I stand there for a moment and get surronded by trainers they circle me and start walking they walk me out to the offices outside the conference rooms. A trainer named steven asks me why I play the victim. I look at him and say how do I do that. He says by the tone in your voice Justin can tell your not willing to pay the price, once Justin asks for name tag you are out, but you can come back in Oct. I look at him and say look into my eye, he looks but those people can't look straight in your eye they look around it. I say no pussy look in there do see that. He say's "see what," the lightening inside the middle, the real me not your tainted down verison of bullshit. They still have me surronded so I look at the weakest one adnd tell him I could make it to where you will never walk again if you don't back off.
I feel bad for what I said to some of the poor tainted trainers its not there fault there Hans fuckin money puppets. Darren comes out tells me subdue my spirit and listen to what feedback was given to me as loud as he could! To this I respond to Darren by given him the demons name that lives inside of him, Dalius. I tell him that he and his group are demon possessed and they all were under the spirit of the devil. Get me the fuck out of here now I scream Satan I rebuke you get behind me now I also am saying a very powerful prayer in my head its a form of mediation for me and helps me channel my anger, Thank God for that. They won't show me the way so I almost break one of there doors I yell at Steven if he doesn't want to be put through the wall he will show me the way out. He does at a distance who's the pussy now. I get out into the entry the trainers try one more time to subdue me and are still saying make the right decison to come back to quest in Oct. To this I show them why I am a Born again rebel and I raise up both middle fingers in pride, walk on bitches.
This is where the confusion sets in I feel like a failure and thats what they want. I am crushing myself and for the first time in my life I entertain the thoughts of sucisde. I think about driving my car off the edge of the freeway into nothingness I feel so angry yet so depressed and more so broken my whole belief system shatterd and not working I truely feel alone. The devil is working a work on me I manage to get back to my Aunt's where I was staying thankfully she wasn't there I didn't want her to see me like this. I call my son and I am sure it sounded like I was dieing he was so scared he told me dad you have more faith than anyone i know don't lose it, he just kept repeating that, thank god for my son. He made prompise to not act on my impluses because at that time my impluses were tainted by the devil/Hans himself. I manage to pull my self up not together and end up driving for the next 12 hours
I could go in to that jopurney but that is now between me and God now. It has been hell these last few weeks I am now for the first time in my life depressed it's a weird feeeling, but what ever doesn't kill you can only make you stronger. I am commited to fight this fight I still believe in God and I know I was sent there to help open others eyes to the terrorists that live in our midst. The worst kind of Terrorists. Terrorists of the heart. My vow to you all i will bring the fight to there laps like no other. I have very many ideas and will be finding a way to protest this. Civil disobidence lives and breathes and its about time this concept comes back to life in America.
What I have been doing is calling there training center as much as possible tieing up there time with pissed off me. faxing nothing but trash to them getting on there web site and emailing the whole trainer staff shit like this, "Ican't believe my eyes. Nothing but lies on your web site. Why don't impact explain how there is no hope, how the trainers tear each person down to the point of mental breakdown, how this breakdown effect will lead to you destruction and not the great life?
What a crock of shit a war machine created by the Nazi ideals. In fact I could scrape the Nazi ideals and brainwashed bullshit off of Justin and Darren's teeth! Pounds and Pounds of Nazi shit from out of their mouths. The best part is how stupid all the trainers and office staff is. Complete idiots and followers (Hail Hans) who only listen to their hearts/Hans and not their brain. You dumb fucks can send me your money I promise I will do something better with it. In my experience i would rather think with my ass than listen too any of you (fuck sticks). Oh my Let's not use our brains or we might play the victim and fid out how fucked we are. Hans puts out wild fires, Hey! Well tell him toget ready for the fire is coming. Arch Angel Michael is tiredof his name being sickened and tainted by satan/Hans Himself. The battle is at hand chose your side for the Lord God almighty is coming, and I got news for ya (There are no other Gods) God is (Iam) therefore your not Gods. Not one person never can be never will be I am an d watch out for perfect vengence is the Lord Gog almighty not the Lord Hans almighty. All of you have angered God and the Arch Angel Michael (angel of war) Stop use your brains and think before the war claims your immortal souls. So be it I'll settlt the score get your men ready and prepare for a Holy war, Bitches! Peace Hope and Love if not these than what? Wake up impact or Fuck off and burn bitches."
I send this shit constantly I jam there phone lines and now indate their fax and emails the more people that do it the more harder it will become to operate. Is impact ready to pay the price, Fuck Ya and I wish to use me BORN AGAIN REBEL nature to bring about change. The time to stand is now, before we lose another Brother, Sister, uncle, aunt, Mom, Dad, Son, Daughter, wife, husband, children, neighbor, and more importantly ourseleves. Stand for something or fall for everything. Talk to me people tell me what we can do to shake the foundation. rereo shake your foundation. Sorry for my grammer and spelling its a weakness and partly why I wouldn't respond I am over it now. Thank you EXIMPACT you kick ass.

Posted by: exImpact ()
Date: August 29, 2008 08:38AM

Impacted
Why is the Bank of Utah associated with Harmony/Great Life??? Do they know it's a cult? Is this more Brett Harward BS?
I recommend calling the Bank of Utah to move your business elsewhere if they refuse to repudiate doing business with this cult.

>>> The Bank of Utah is sponsoring a free seminar for business owners and managers on how to build brand awareness and sales through effective marketing strategies, 9 a.m.-noon, Great Life Foundation, 351 W. Lawndale (2500 South), Salt Lake City. Reserve a seat by contacting Lea at 801-409-5172 or online at www.bankofutah.com. <<<

Probably for the same reason Zions Bank did. Some muckity muck VP with their head up her/his ass took the training and is going to try to convert their department and try to infest the bank. The Bank of Utah's higher-ups ought to talk to the Zions bigwigs and get a handle on this. Unless they want to end up like Far West...

Inshock (husband),
Make your own login, then your wife can still post and we wont get confused. Good work kicking ass so soon after your ousting. Fuck 'em.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/29/2008 08:39AM by exImpact.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.