Re: IMPACT Trainings
Posted by: The Shadow ()
Date: March 07, 2008 02:59PM

Hopeful Soul
“Words have power” is an axiom of Impact dogma. I agree with that to the extent that words have the power to cloud, confuse, mislead and control as Impact misuses them. Words also have the power to enlighten, clarify and define when used as Impact will not like. I remember sitting in amazement and disbelief at the ritualistic ordinances the Impact paid and volunteer “priests” were officiating in during the core training. I recall thinking that Impact really had a priesthood that runs the show, although they would not admit that. Where I have had a sort of breakthrough is in finally realizing that LGATs and especially Impact Trainings are really priestcraft

I must be dense and slow in the head to have not seen this reality sooner. It took a combination of personal experience along with reading the experiences of others on this thread to have an ah! moment on the word “priestcraft.” It fits Impact so nicely and explains so much of their dogma. The first dictionary meaning of priestcraft is: a derogatory reference to priests who use their influence to control secular or political affairs. The second dictionary meaning is the skills involved in the work of a priest. Companion words are intrigue, plot, and machination. Machination is scheming or crafty action or artful design intended to accomplish some usually evil end. Another use for “priestcraft” is a stratagem and frauds of priests or imposition of religious concerns. My choice for the most applicable use of the word priestcraft to Impact is: the management of selfish and ambitious priests to gain wealth and power or impose upon the credulity of others. Credulity is the readiness or willingness to believe, especially on slight or uncertain evidence. This fits Quest to a T.

So as the Chief Priest Hans goes through his artful machinations on blue flames, St. Germaine etc. the lesser priests support the whole thing by telling trainees that it is wrong to analyze, make comparisons, be in your head, listen to your ego mind and on and on. They pretend to keep trainees in their excellence, keeping their word, being accountable; all the while they are deluding, oppressing, and fleecing the trainee by imposing on their credulity.

On March 2 here The Shadow told Hearts 5683 to stop trying to get us to buy what the “Fake Messiahs” are trying to sell us. I have tried to make a similar point using the term “priestcraft” but ended up using a lot more words than Shadow. Impact will find it impossible to shake off either of these terms.

well, hopefulsoul, you say tomaytos, i say tomahtos, it does not really matter what words we use as long as we get the message accross, eh? Some people may be able to understand what i mean when i refer to "fake messiahs", while others may better understand when you refer to "priestcraft"...as you say, "impact will find it impossible to shake off either..." - one can only hope. And yet sometimes, that is all we have - HOPE.

regards,
Shad

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Hopeful Soul ()
Date: March 11, 2008 05:25AM

Ah, HOPE!

Impact really shot themselves in the foot by saying that there is no hope. Once again this goes against the best wisdom of the ages. Impact priestcraft being hypocritical; this really fits. Job 27:8 says,"For what is the hope of the hypocrite, ...." The Impact staff (read Priests) according to their own dogma have no hope, but I have hope that the same is not true for many of us. Also with all the Impact talk about coming from your heart, they NEED to heed Proverbs 13:12, "Hope deferred maketh the heart sick: but when the desire cometh, it is a tree of life."

Impact dogma is so mixed up and shifting with the wind. I predict they will make some changes with "hope" and "understand" to avoid continuing to look so rediculous and daffy. Same thing goes for "need."

Posted by: The Shadow ()
Date: March 11, 2008 02:21PM

Hopeful Soul
Ah, HOPE!

Impact really shot themselves in the foot by saying that there is no hope. Once again this goes against the best wisdom of the ages. Impact priestcraft being hypocritical; this really fits. Job 27:8 says,"For what is the hope of the hypocrite, ...." The Impact staff (read Priests) according to their own dogma have no hope, but I have hope that the same is not true for many of us. Also with all the Impact talk about coming from your heart, they NEED to heed Proverbs 13:12, "Hope deferred maketh the heart sick: but when the desire cometh, it is a tree of life."

Impact dogma is so mixed up and shifting with the wind. I predict they will make some changes with "hope" and "understand" to avoid continuing to look so rediculous and daffy. Same thing goes for "need."

i daresay you are right, Hopeful!

regards,
Shad

Date: March 12, 2008 02:38AM

In the wee hours my angels came and whispered what the acronym IMPACT means. Thus they sayeth:

I. Indroctrination

M. Makes

P. Priestcraft

A. Actually

C. Contention

T. Training

They could not agree on "C." The argument was over whether it stood for contention or for confusion.

These were very contentious angels, but my natural knowing made me sure that they were Impact Angels.

Date: March 12, 2008 07:34AM

After listening to the angels, I decided to condense what they said and correct their spelling. So, IMPACT really means: Indoctrination Masks Priestcraft And Contains Training. I hope that clarifies what they were trying to say. This will hold them in their excellence, make them accountable and stay away from comparisons. The important thing is to convey the true understanding. I'm open to that. Now my ego mind needs a rest.

Posted by: army-of-me ()
Date: March 12, 2008 11:26AM

Angels...ummmm...
Anyway...

This is in reply to Hearts' post about "The Secret" and the discussion she had about it on her blog, (aka Amazon.com):

Some friends of mine actually tried to use "the law of attraction". Here's what happened:
My friend's husband was headed to law school. She and her husband, we'll call them Bob and Lucy, had recently been introduced to "The Secret" via Lucy's Impact buddy, and decided to use it's suggestions while applying for law school. They applied to several law schools, but selected one school in particular that they had their hearts set on. They thought that he was absolutely, positively going to get in. They visualized themselves there. They didn't say: "IF I/you get in to ___ Law School", they said: "WHEN I/you get into ___ Law School." They went apartment searching in the city the law school of choice was in, and chose an apartment. They even chose paint colors and furnishings for the apartment they selected. They secured loans, applied for financial aid and everything else they needed to do to attend that particular law school.
Someone else I know, we'll call Jim, was also applying to graduate school, and did many of the same things that they did (selected the school that he thought be the best fit for him, found an apartment near the school, etc, etc.)
What happened? Well, the first school to send a rejection to Jim was the one that he focused all of the positive energy on. The first school that invited him for an interview was actually his last choice. With Lucy and Bob, he was not accepted to any of the law schools he applied to, and instead had to switch his plans and enroll in a non-law program at a completely different school.
They followed the recommendations made by "The Secret", and it didn't work. Isn't it supposed to be a law? Sure, if you spend a lot of time and energy to achieve a goal, you are more likely to achieve it than if you think that the goal is impossible. However, the so-called "law of attraction" has no effect on things that people don't have any, or little, control over.
Besides, don't many children start out idealistic and positive (I know I did)? Isn't it through disappointments, despite a positive attitude, that we become cynical in the first place? If "the law of attraction" actually existed, I would have had a pony, a castle, and the power to fly as a little girl.

Posted by: army-of-me ()
Date: March 12, 2008 11:38AM

I check this board much less frequently lately, so I am replying to something embarrassingly late again...

exImpact
army-of-me
I, in no way credit impact for the good things that have come out of my experience, just as I would never credit an abuser with any strengths gained from overcoming the experience of abuse. In reality, I learned and grew in spite of impact.

I think from the moment of birth I was an agnostic-leaning Mormon :). Impact's madness kicked me so far through the agnostic uprights, I now see every appeal to religious feeling as cultish. What was it that Lisa Simpson said? "I made a graph which shows that as knowledge increases, happiness decreases. I make allot of graphs."

As for your line I quoted army, it's my point exactly. Even still, I have shadows of Impacts programming. Sitting in class I realized I was reacting to the professor/students and thinking in ways that were similar to my behavior I used to exhibit in the training room. I had to furiously get a grip.

On a lighter note, I will occasionally bump into a TIT grad I used to know, and I am happy to report that I haven't had ONE normal encounter. It is like talking to aliens, not the big black acid lizards, but more like Mork if he wasn't funny. Wait...was he funny?

Ah ha ha ha! I love The Simpsons, (especially Lisa)!
Yeah, I don't think Mork was ever funny, and neither are pro-impact TIT grads. Well, at least not intentionally.

Posted by: formerimpactgrad ()
Date: March 12, 2008 11:45AM

Welcome back army. I agree with both of your points. Yes "The Secret" is garbage and yes Hopeful Soul's posts are pointless and detract from the credibility of the thread.

Posted by: dazedandconfused ()
Date: March 12, 2008 11:48AM

This is fun.....a game?

How about

Intense
Manipulation
Precedes
Accepting
Corrupted
Truth

Posted by: Impacted ()
Date: March 12, 2008 02:37PM

>>If "the law of attraction" actually existed, I would have had a pony, a castle, and the power to fly as a little girl.<<

You don't get the Law of Attraction at all. It works perfectly.

You see, Hans was just declaring something else for you at the time.

Hope that clears things up,

--Ed

:)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.