Re: IMPACT Trainings
Posted by: formerimpactgrad ()
Date: February 27, 2008 07:52AM

Hearts5683
Is it a possibility to you that maybe just being open and positive (whether going through the trainings or not) makes life easier?

Of course but being open and positive has nothing to do with the effectiveness of the Impact Trainings or the validity of the Law of Attraction. Can you address the specific questions that have been asked, do you find them invalid for some reason? For the record, being open and positive about things that are clearly cons is called being a sucker.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: exImpact ()
Date: February 27, 2008 08:32AM

formerimpactgrad
Hearts5683
Is it a possibility to you that maybe just being open and positive (whether going through the trainings or not) makes life easier?

Of course but being open and positive has nothing to do with the effectiveness of the Impact Trainings or the validity of the Law of Attraction. Can you address the specific questions that have been asked, do you find them invalid for some reason? For the record, being open and positive about things that are clearly cons is called being a sucker.

Is that what a sucker is? But by The Secret's logic, there are no suckers, it just happens to be where a person happens to be in their journey. Man, THAT is convenient! If I was running a con, I'd work the HELL out of that angle if I could get someone to bite...

Posted by: The Shadow ()
Date: February 27, 2008 09:56AM

as someone said early on in this thread, the "truth" is not for sale; and as I like to say, no one can take out a Patent on the truth.

Shad

Posted by: Hopeful Soul ()
Date: February 27, 2008 11:59AM

Hearts,

If you need convincing that "The Secret" is a clever confidence game, just google on "David Schirmer Secret." You will be able to pull up a host of interviews that Australian and New Zealand TV has done on him. He was a key star in the movie. There has been almost nothing on him on the Web since last fall when he must have wised up and went underground to avoid prosecution. Schirmer is the farmer turned financial investment counselor who used The Secret to change the bills he was getting in the mail to a flood of checks coming in the mail. The problem is he took a lot of money from investors and failed to make good on his promises. His lavish lifestyle has made his duped investors more than a bit upset. Other stars of The Secret movie like Bob Proctor are doing their best to distance themselves from Schirmer. The whole thing splashes on Impact because they have embraced the doctrine of The Secret, which is so clearly bullshit that only a fool would believe it after rational analysis. Can you see why Impact downs what they disparigingly term ANALIZATION? My advice is to WAKE UP. It may be painful for a while, but a lot less painful in the long run than to continue to be duped by con-men of The Secret and their co-opted Impact fellows.

Posted by: dazedandconfused ()
Date: February 28, 2008 07:23AM

Hearts5683

I am open and positive in my life but I refuse to put hearts (no pun intended) around a training when I see the damage being done. Being open and positive isn't about being blind to the truth of what really is going on. Oh that reminds me of a saying I heard in training. "Truth is truth", as said by Hans Berger. Too bad for them some of us actually find out the real truth.

Posted by: formerimpactgrad ()
Date: February 28, 2008 12:24PM

It looks like Hearts is nothing more than the typical Impact apologist. I guess beliefs don't have to make sense or produce promised results and Hans' and Sally's continued dishonesty doesn't disqualify them from teaching a seminar on integrity.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/28/2008 12:25PM by formerimpactgrad.

Posted by: Impacted ()
Date: March 01, 2008 01:39PM

So I hear 110 people started LMT 1 last night, at $1,500.00 each or about $150.000.00 cash to the Bergers for three weekends worth of work . . .

Isn't there something wrong with this picture? Can Chakras and Affirmations 101 really be worth that?!?!?

The good news has got to be that as they get larger and larger someone there will pull curtain down on them . . .

And I know not everyone in this group is a doe-eyed culter. There are people gathering evidence, investigating, waiting . . .

---Ed

Posted by: Impacted ()
Date: March 01, 2008 01:53PM

Any chance these are Impact (or GLF or Vision Works or Harmony or Rising Star or Premier Education or Resource Realizations, or The Experience) grads???

[www.sltrib.com]

>>"A supervisor at a motivational coaching business in Provo is accused of waterboarding an employee . . . former Prosper, Inc. salesman Chad Hudgens alleges his managers also . . . beat on their desks with a wooden paddle "because it resulted in increased revenues for the company. . . Prosper president Dave Ellis responded . . ."<<<

Names sound familiar.

---Ed

Posted by: Hopeful Soul ()
Date: March 02, 2008 07:18AM

I’m weary of listening to TIT/LMT folks who think their enlightenment is superior and valuable dogma capable of getting one in touch with one’s self, healing disease, communicating with dead relatives and in general be a panacea for life. They are deeply confused between what is darkness, confusion and futility versus what is true enlightenment. Whatever your religion or lack thereof, it is difficult to ignore the following applicability to Impact of some classical literature that has survived since about the time of the foundation of Rome, nearly 2750 years ago. One little piece of this literature that I find enlightening and applicable to Impact Trainings is the following from Isaiah 5:20-21; “Woe unto them that call evil good and good evil; that put darkness for light, and light for darkness; that put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter! Woe unto them that are wise in their own eyes, and prudent in their own sight!

The greatest lesson of Impact Trainings is that if you use coercive and deceptive training methods in an environment of sleep deprivation, soothing mood music, a little hypnotism, etc., you can quickly get anyone to believe what is clearly BS. And for at least a few years you can make lots of money through getting them to trust The Process!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/02/2008 07:40AM by Hopeful Soul.

Posted by: The Shadow ()
Date: March 02, 2008 08:23AM

Hearts5683
It seems that you guys take things really too far and go overboard. But, what do I know right?

as you say Hearts5683, what DO you know? Well, you know what you know, and apparently you don't know what you don't know...

What i DO know is this: The rickross message board serves as a sounding board for people who feel they have been hurt/severely damanged by one or more of the various LGATs .... it is not a forum for LGAT salespeople to be selling their product, and your criticism that we go overboard is stupid and unwelcome.

By continuing to tell people here that they are negative when they express their feelings and dislike towards the LGATs just tells me that you come over to this forum to invalidate people, so why don't you just go away as you are serving no good here.

We have our own experience with LGATs, we really do not need convincing that there is in value in them, when we know there is nothing the LGATs offer for sale that we want to buy. Thanks anyway, but...please just stop trying to sell us what the Fake Messiahs are offering. We obviously do not want it or we would be there with you.

regards,
Shad

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.