Re: IMPACT Trainings
Posted by: formerimpactgrad ()
Date: March 16, 2008 11:19AM

I know I've mentioned this experience once before but I thought it was worth bringing up again. My favorite demonstration of Hans' character came when he and Sally called an emergency, mandatory TIT 3 meeting where Hans tried to make everyone sign up for Nuskin (For anyone who may not know, nuskin is a multilevel marketing company that sells skin care products). Obviously all of the TIT people signed up on the spot because Hans convinced them that they would be able to "claim their abundance" through nuskin. Of course what went unsaid was the pay out that Hans received when Nuskin signed a hundred more reps under his part of the pyramid,lol. And no one bothered to address the fundamental issue with multilevel marketing companies, that the people on the bottom provide more income to the people above them than anyone ever makes through selling products.

Its nice to see Impact go to great lengths to suck every potential dollar from their willing herd!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: dramamama ()
Date: March 16, 2008 11:48AM

It's Saturday night. Is the "graduation" tonight or tomorrow? I have been trying to get ahold of her and she is unreachable. I was hoping she wouldn't last there that long.

Date: March 17, 2008 01:47AM

It looks like the Salt Lake Tribune wrote an article on the Impact/Harmony break up that documents accusations of faulty accounting and fraud committed by Hans Berger. I've copied the article and its reference information:

THE SALT LAKE TRIBUNE
Harmony Grads Sue Institute Founders, Say Money Stolen

Author(s): PEGGY FLETCHER STACK and STEPHEN HUNT THE SALT LAKE TRIBUNE Date: September 5, 2001 Page: B1 Section: Utah

A fight over leadership has erupted within the self-actualization group Harmony Institute. On Friday, a group of Harmony graduates filed suit in 3rd District Court against founders Hans and Sally Berger, contending the Bergers stole institute money and defrauded former trainees.

Current owners Pamela and Steve Juback and other Harmony graduates had the locks changed on the center's South Salt Lake headquarters over the weekend and are holding a meeting tonight to discuss the organization's future. At issue is whether Hans Berger can continue as Harmony's leader or whether a committee of graduates will operate the program.

The lawsuit contends that over the past three years the Bergers skimmed $620,000 from participants' fees and that they formed multiple corporations to insulate themselves from the acts. The suit says the Bergers used a double set of accounting books -- a true set that showed all payments, including cash payments, and a "final" ledger that showed only payments made by check or credit card.

The suit also says Berger used his position of trust to persuade two former "students" to take out more than $400,000 in bank loans and give the money to him.

The plaintiffs, James Michael Cordell, Brett Harward and Harmony Institute, name as defendants the Bergers and their companies, Light Training, Quest Development and Cambridge Associates.

Hans Berger denied the allegations Tuesday.

"I assure you that when I get the chance, I will be able to show that there have been no inappropriate dealings," he said.

The South Salt Lake Police Department and the Internal Revenue Service have looked into Berger's business practices, according to the police department and court documents, but he has never been charged criminally.

The lawsuit, however, reads much like an indictment, accusing Berger of bank fraud, money laundering and racketeering.

"We are trying to get back property and assets taken from the plaintiffs," attorney Stephen Waldron said Tuesday. He said the Jubacks changed the locks to preserve business assets and keep Berger and his employees out.

Also on Tuesday, 3rd District Judge Roger Livingston signed a temporary restraining order preventing Berger from transferring, disposing of or concealing his assets or interfering with ongoing training sessions at the institute.

The suit says Berger persuaded Cordell -- a former student and, until recently, president of Harmony Institute -- to procure a bank loan for $350,000 so Berger could buy a parcel of wilderness property to relocate one of Harmony's programs.

But Berger also solicited $57,000 from Harward, another Harmony participant, to buy the same land, the lawsuit says, and has not repaid either man.

Berger has been in the self-awareness business since 1985, and his programs have attracted thousands of participants. Harmony was incorporated in February 1997, with Scott Giles as its sole shareholder and Berger as general manager. The Jubacks acquired the company a year later.

Initially, Harmony conducted its own training sessions and directly employed trainers. By the end of 1997, Berger had formed Light Training to provide trainers to Harmony. Berger subsequently formed Quest Development to hold property in Summit County and Cambridge Associates to contract for special training sessions tailored for business and professional employees, the lawsuit says.

Last spring, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints issued a statement saying the church does not endorse "commercial enterprises promising heightened self-esteem, improved family relationships, increased spirituality and the like." Although the statement did not mention Harmony by name, many observers speculated it was one target because about 50 percent of its participants were Mormons.

A memo circulating among Harmony graduates acknowledges that Harmony's "trainings have gone down extreme and unusual spiritual paths" and that trainers have "taken steps that anger the predominant Utah faith."

As a result, the memo said, the number of Harmony enrollees has dropped because some graduates "cannot bear to abandon their faith for their training."

(c) 2001 The Salt Lake Tribune. All rights reserved. Reproduced with the permission of Media NewsGroup, Inc. by NewsBank, Inc.

Posted by: army-of-me ()
Date: March 17, 2008 03:41AM

dramamama
It's Saturday night. Is the "graduation" tonight or tomorrow? I have been trying to get ahold of her and she is unreachable. I was hoping she wouldn't last there that long.
"Graduation" is on Saturday nights. She'll have a follow up night this coming week, I think, but other than that Quest is over for her now.

Posted by: spiritual? ()
Date: March 18, 2008 05:00AM

army-of-me
dramamama
"Graduation" is on Saturday nights. She'll have a follow up night this coming week, I think, but other than that Quest is over for her now.

The "required" post training is just a high pressure meeting to get the trainees to sign up for Summit. It isn't really required. Believe me, no adverse affect will come from not going. In fact, it might be easier to keep her out of Summit if she doesn't go.

Posted by: dramamama ()
Date: March 19, 2008 02:09AM

HELP! My friend who went to Quest last week has signed up for Summit, I think it's next week. She was impressed with the info I found and was willing to talk about some of the things that happened at Quest if I could tell her about them first. (Thank you, thank you to all the helpful info on this site!)

Is anyone able to give me a play by play of Summit? She has already signed up for lift off too.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks...you all are the best!

Date: March 19, 2008 05:10AM

This link outlines the three core trainings. The summaries are a bit short but it should give you some decent information. Best of Luck!

[www.ripoffreport.com]

Posted by: Hopeful Soul ()
Date: March 19, 2008 10:26AM

An undated letter from a senior Impact paid staffer to a TIT volunteer staffer reads in part: “...your light is seen and it is creating great ripples. Thank you–Thank you–Thank you

(Pictures of Angels flying about)

“There are two way of spreading light: To be the candle, or the mirror that reflects it.”
(Edith Wharton)

“By being a TIT angel you actually are creating many forms of spreading the light as well as being a mirror of a higher source of light. Your loved ones continue in your path of being the light to their loved ones and so on... and so on...

Know that you are loved

Love and Light to You,”

(Signed)

For me, this raised the question, “Who is Edith Wharton.” A quick check googleing on “Edith Wharton Light” revealed a lot. She was the first woman to win the Pulitzer Prize for literature in 1921. She was known for her subtle use of dramatic irony. She was an early feminist and reflected her own failures in romance in her writing.

Impact deals in mirrors, images, reflected lives etc. We here play in parody with the IMPACT acronym, and then comes along a post by drammamamma, who is anxiously awaiting word from a loved one caught in the Impact vortex, and we feel a sudden urge to get sober, because we know that “Your loved ones continue in your path of being the light...” is one of the big lies of the century.

The truth for me is that reflected light that has been distorted by the Impact mirror is not the same as the original source. A mirage is not the same as a true image. Illusory training is deceptive training. Illusage is harsh, unkind, or abusive treatment (directly from Webster). Illusion is the action of deceiving, the state or fact of being intellectually deceived or mislead, a misleading image presented to the vision, perception of something objectively existing in such a way as to cause misinterpretation of its actual nature.

When Impact takes its dogma from the likes of Edith Wharton on the subject of light, it is no wonder the results look like the house of mirrors at the amusement park.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/19/2008 10:35AM by Hopeful Soul.

Posted by: Hopeful Soul ()
Date: March 19, 2008 09:40PM

It really irritates me to witness TITers successfully ply their orbital Impacted sophistry and distorted truth to draw distressed converts into their Quest/Summit/Lift Off squeeze chute. How do you deal with the dismay we feel; those of us who know better? Parody and humor can at least make it feel better. Its like the banter in the MASH operating room as the medics deal with life and death situations in unending succession.

So, this morning to make me feel better I address IMPACTED: Illusion Makes Perfectly Awful Corrupt Theology Exhibit Distortion.

A squeeze chute is used in a variety of ways to allow puny men to have their way such as de-horning etc. with an otherwise un-cooperative, big/strong animal.

Posted by: ImTierd ()
Date: March 21, 2008 03:53AM

Can anyone share with me what happens the second weekend of the LM1 trainings?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.