Current Page: 6 of 114
Mankind project
Posted by: bonnie ()
Date: April 07, 2006 07:55PM

Oh, those psychotherapists!
Yeah, I'm sure that makes you more trustworthy and reliable than the average Joe.

Let me tell you about a few therapists I have known.
The psychiatrist (MD) my Mother favored was up for charges recently and almost lost his license for handing out handfuls of diet pills and painkillers. (Wonder which psych disorder he was treating with those.)

My good buddy the Jungian therapist went off her meds and flipped out; last I heard she was in the nut-house in another state.

Oh, but my personal favorite; the sexual abuse therapist who screamed at me for crying in therapy. Of course, that was after she asked me if my parents had practiced occult rituals (suggesting a false memory, perhaps?), and advised me to go to the "Women who run with the wolves" 12-step group, because she thought it would be better than the standard AA. She practiced wicca, I believe. She'd probably just LOVE the weekend warriors.

Yeah, you guys have it together, that's for sure!

The mankind Project sounds scary as hell to me! Not because of the "rituals", either. It's the secrets that tip me off, every-time.
Not to mention the fees!
How come so very, very few people who want to change the world are willing to do it for cheap or free? I guess the global village will definitely have a cash economy!

You should stick to recruiting elsewhere and cut the crap here. Most of us are a little too well informed about the dynamics of thought control to buy into these lame attempts to suppress information and criticism.

From the research I have done on this so-called non-profit organization, it seems to me to be just another scam devised to separate the disenchanted from their dollars.

Options: ReplyQuote
Mankind project
Posted by: seedjoe ()
Date: April 07, 2006 08:07PM

Please, I am Jewish, by choice, my wife and young children are Jewish, I have stood on the ruins of the crematoria in Poland, know men with tattoos on their arms form death camps, friends who lost their entire families and have seen the "certainty" of the Nazi phenomena! I am afraid I see a lot of that kind of certainty on these lists, by people who have never first hand been at an MKP event! The Nazis killed 6 million Jews and millions of others. It is obscene to compare the Nazi phenomenon to any program like MKP, which has saved many marriages, lives form addiction to drugs and alcohol, helped men give up violent ways. I have had many letters over the years from wives thanking MKP; far outnumber those who have complained about it.

As to sleep deprivation: Fact; men are given at least 4-7 hours of sleep each of the two over nights they are there.
Food deprivation: Fact: men arrive after dinner on Friday men are fed light nourishing meals of fruit, granola, , juice, trail mix, etc throughout the training, good Jewish chicken soup on Saturday night and a feast on Sunday prepared by all the men present.

The training is rigorous, but no more so than Outward bound, which my wife led for many years, or the Israeli army, which my wife was a member of. It is a rigorous training to prepare men to be rigorous with themselves. But the power flows to the men, and no one is ever hounded persecuted, or dissed for walking away if it does not serve them. Men occasionally leave the training, and men often do not engage in I groups, ongoing development work, etc.

This is the worst managed cult I’ve ever seen! The Republican Party, most Christian Churches I’ve seen, and most corporate cult-ures do a much better job of maintaining power, siphoning off money, and instilling their own belief into people than MKP. Even the Green Bay packers are a bigger cult than MKP (I happen to be a member of that cult myself.)

Look, what you are trying to accomplish is noble, and there are certainly mistakes made in every organization- MKP is no exception. But you’ all are barking up the wrong tree. And the publishing of MKP protocols is interesting, but like publishing a recipe book. The taste of the food does not live there. Even a bland description of a woman given birth would look weird if described by someone who didn’t understand what was happening (I’ve been at 6, so I know as much as a man can about it)

I also thought that one of the rules of this list was to refrain from personal attacks. Why am I being attacked personally (by at least one respondent accusing me of being a "wanna- be Native American") I don’t remember even mentioning native American ritual or culture, and the ones that MKP uses have been sanctioned by Fool’s Crow of the Lakota nation. I’m not into it myself- my Jewish path gives me all the spiritual guidance I need. I suppose I’ll be attacked for that now too.

Remember, the Talmud teaches that we do not see things as they are; we see them as we are. If see cults around every corner (it used to be Commies), everything will look like a cult to me.
I leave you all with one question. Are Outward Bound, the US Army, the Green Bay packers, and most organized religions cults? If so why? If not, why not?

Mankind project
Date: April 07, 2006 08:20PM

An adult male human. No more ,no less.

Questoin: Are there any men on this list that are expressing concerns? or is it just women? Is there any chance for real conversation? Or just angry screaming posts?

I hae the same feeling on this site as i did on a white supremacy site i once tired to engage as a Jew. Lots of venoom and heat, little light.

Mankind project
Date: April 07, 2006 08:29PM

BTW, the money figures bandied about here are specious. Some centers they men pay after the expercinece- more than two days after to evaluate what they got and what they think it is worht to them. That center never loses money - other places the cost is between 550-650 us for the initial training, and zero- 300 or so for other developmental training that are offered- varying widely form place to place- a lot of autonomy here.

I have contirbuted probalby $5000 to MKP over the past 20 years. 80% of it in scholorship donations for needy men. I've gotten worse deals on used cars.

MKP is a 501 (c) 3 educatjional not for proifit. You can view the financial staemtns and tax teturns as a matter of public record.

Mankind project
Posted by: feldspar ()
Date: April 07, 2006 08:33PM

Informed Consent for Psychotherapy: A Look at Therapists' Understanding, Opinions, and Practices
Paul Croarking, D.O.; Jennifer Berg, M.D.; James Spira, Ph.D.
p 384-400
Forensic experts agree that the doctrine of informed consent now applies to psychotherapy.

Would you think that the facts that there will be sleep deprivation, low protein diet, and attempts to induce altered states-drumming, rhythmic movement would be reasonable things to disclose to participants prior to their decision to attend. It would seem MKP could maintain their mystery and still allow people to make an informed decision by simply being a little more honest at the outset. I know that many men feel this group has helped them. I attended, it wasn't for me, and had they been honest at the beginning I would not have attended. I specifically asked prior to attending if this was the group that went out in the woods, beat drums and got naked. I was flat out told NO. Is that integrity?

Mankind project
Posted by: RU?ing ()
Date: April 07, 2006 11:07PM

Thankyou Seedjoe for replying.

seedjoe
Please, I am Jewish, by choice,

I am Jewish by blood.
Not the religion, the people.
My entire line of German relatives were wiped out - I do not use the word Nazi lightly.

seedjoe
my wife and young children are Jewish, I have stood on the ruins of the crematoria in Poland, know men with tattoos on their arms form death camps, friends who lost their entire families and have seen the "certainty" of the Nazi phenomena!

And you are displaying a certainty that a nazi officer would be proud of!

seedjoe
I am afraid I see a lot of that kind of certainty on these lists, by people who have never first hand been at an MKP event! The Nazis killed 6 million Jews and millions of others.

And where will MKP be in 10 years time? The Nazi party did not start out killing Jews..... Anyway, see my later point - I am not going to get dragged into this. This is not what I was suggesting.

seedjoe
It is obscene to compare the Nazi phenomenon to any program like MKP,

No its not, as MKP uses sciences developed by Nazi scientists, and Jung, a pro-nazi. That is my point - not the end result, but the method.

You do accept that there is a methodology/ideology at play here, don't you?

seedjoe
which has saved many marriages, lives form addiction to drugs and alcohol, helped men give up violent ways. I have had many letters over the years from wives thanking MKP; far outnumber those who have complained about it.

This is impossible to argue one way or another, MKP being a secret society. Let me explain this logic. The US army refuses to count enemy war dead. So they say they killed less in this gulf war than the last. Erm, how do they know?!

The same here - you cannot say if it does save marriges or not - no statistical evidence is collected! You are making a reality up that suits you. Please, lets stick to facts.

seedjoe
As to sleep deprivation: Fact; men are given at least 4-7 hours of sleep each of the two over nights they are there.
Food deprivation: Fact: men arrive after dinner on Friday men are fed light nourishing meals of fruit, granola, , juice, trail mix, etc throughout the training, good Jewish chicken soup on Saturday night and a feast on Sunday prepared by all the men present.

And to LEARN, you need a break of 15mins every 45 mins to maintain critical awareness.

4-7 hours sleep is NOT enough if you are being 'educated'.

Seedjoe - do you REALLY believe that is enough? Especially for the larger Americans!

seedjoe
The training is rigorous,

Another classic sign of mind-control.

seedjoe
but no more so than Outward bound, which my wife led for many years, or the Israeli army, which my wife was a member of.

Don't even start me on human rights abuses by and to the Israeli Army. These thugs shoot unarmed children (FACT- as supported by the UN), infact, Isreal has been breaking UN conditions for the past 30years or more. Another strong defense seedjoe - showing a total lack of understanding with the world you are in, or the methods you are playing with.

seedjoe
It is a rigorous training to prepare men to be rigorous with themselves.

And should a mentally disturbed person (and you have to be to WANT to go on this) be in that position?!

seedjoe
But the power flows to the men, and no one is ever hounded persecuted, or dissed for walking away if it does not serve them.

What power?
And how can you say that no one is EVER hounded or persecuted? That sounds like a classic denial!!! Nothing is all good or all bad.

seedjoe
Men occasionally leave the training, and men often do not engage in I groups, ongoing development work, etc.

How often? I would like stats please.

seedjoe
This is the worst managed cult I’ve ever seen! The Republican Party,

A point we can agree on, except the Republican are not a cult or a LGAT. But if it is a cult/LGAT - then MKP certainly is!!! Seedjoe - think of what you are saying before you type!

seedjoe
most Christian Churches I’ve seen,

Hmmmm, so how do you explain the diversity withing the broad theology/philosophy of Christianity? I must confess - we have far less fundamentilst christians in the UK - thankfully - may have something to do with the Mayflower - so where did all our religious wackos go?!?!

seedjoe
and most corporate cult-ures do a much better job of maintaining power, siphoning off money, and instilling their own belief into people than MKP. Even the Green Bay packers are a bigger cult than MKP (I happen to be a member of that cult myself.)

As I have said, MKP is a small (tiny) elitist little boys club. I do believe the organisers may have been refused Masonic entry, some of the beliefs cross so much.

But yes, until stumbling across LGATs and the Cults the US is having troubles with and this topic deserving my attention, I was very much against the corporate power (another bloody US import) that has ripped British culture to pieces. I still think corporations ARE the evil - has no-one noticed that a supposidly Christian country is the biggest capitalist country - but also the coutry with the largest debt!!!! I digress!

seedjoe
Look, what you are trying to accomplish is noble,

noble? Necessary

seedjoe
and there are certainly mistakes made in every organization- MKP is no exception.

Thank you for noting what we have already noted.

seedjoe
But you’ all are barking up the wrong tree.

Erm, I'm not barking up a tree. What do you mean by this metaphor?

seedjoe
And the publishing of MKP protocols is interesting, but like publishing a recipe book. The taste of the food does not live there. Even a bland description of a woman given birth would look weird if described by someone who didn’t understand what was happening (I’ve been at 6, so I know as much as a man can about it)

A reciepe doesnt describe coercion tactics and new-age psuedo-science. A reciepe doesn't pretend to give unhappy people therapy. How can an intelligent person make such a comparison?!

seedjoe
I also thought that one of the rules of this list was to refrain from personal attacks. Why am I being attacked personally (by at least one respondent accusing me of being a "wanna- be Native American")

Mate, that is NOT a personal attack! NEVER visit the UK - you'd leave crying - thats a personal attack?! We know nothing about you. I stand by what that respondent said - anyone who goes on this weekend is playing with traditions that are not theirs. (Ooooh - just like the Nazis!!!!!)

seedjoe
I don’t remember even mentioning native American ritual or culture,

You didn't have to - to defend MKP is to defend the cultural appropriation of another cultures beliefs and traditions. I'm British - we were great at doing that. I, for one, am very sorry what the Brits did in their colonial past - you Yanks had better get ready soon when your little empire falls.

seedjoe
and the ones that MKP uses have been sanctioned by Fool’s Crow of the Lakota nation.

seedjoe
I’m not into it myself- my Jewish path gives me all the spiritual guidance I need.

So if it does - why do you need to be a part of this little boys club?!!!!!!!
You contradict yourself - I've noticed this with all MKP people - they just twist things to be as you may want to hear things. Wierd. I have beliefs and stand by them, plain and simple.

seedjoe
I suppose I’ll be attacked for that now too.

Erm, you are a victim aren't you?! Hey, I know a great weekend you can go on - it costs $600 - payable to me. During the weekend - ohhhh, sorry, can't tell you.

seedjoe
Remember, the Talmud teaches that we do not see things as they are; we see them as we are. If see cults around every corner (it used to be Commies), everything will look like a cult to me.

Yep, the US has had hang-ups for years about these things - why import your social mess to us?! Not fair!

seedjoe
I leave you all with one question. Are Outward Bound, the US Army, the Green Bay packers, and most organized religions cults? If so why? If not, why not?

We are not discussing cults on this thread, if you had bothered to read the top of the page we are in the 'Large Group Awareness Training, "Human Potential" Seminars' section.

MKP is a LGAT - would love you to explain how it isn't.

That is different to an organisation that doesn't strip practiononers of dignity, sleep and food, such as outward bound. Never heard of these Green Bay packers, sorry. But yes, the US army is a cult led by one very sick man!!!! (I'm not serious about the US army being a cult, but your 'president' is very sick.

Mankind project
Date: April 07, 2006 11:14PM

seedjoe
An adult male human. No more ,no less.

An adult male human - hmmmmmm. Male is a gender - Man is a socially created notion. A woman can be a man, but not male. This is why I am asking - the word MAN is ideologically loaded. You have not answered that, except to list more ideologically loaded terms. No more, no less - Dude - still hazy here - clarify!

seedjoe
Questoin: Are there any men on this list that are expressing concerns? or is it just women?

Erm, hello - they tried to recruit me - doesn't that give you an idea as to my gender?! READ WHAT OTHERS SAY.

seedjoe
Is there any chance for real conversation? Or just angry screaming posts?

Would all the ladies on this board please give him HELL for this obviously sexist question?!?!?!

So women cannot have a conversation?! Man - what century are you from? Hah! So men cannot angrily scream, but women can only.... hmmmm

The only whining I hear is from pro-MKP 'oooh, it's not fair, they think differently to us' 'don't attack my little band of boys, I might slap'

seedjoe
I hae the same feeling on this site as i did on a white supremacy site i once tired to engage as a Jew.

Dude, you are not Jewish, you are practicing a religion. I am Jewish, genetically. Maybe that distinction isn't made over in the US.

seedjoe
Lots of venoom and heat, little light.

Hey - I get that from MKP members! Are you all white supremicists?! (joke)

Mankind project
Date: April 07, 2006 11:19PM

seedjoe
BTW, the money figures bandied about here are specious. Some centers they men pay after the expercinece- more than two days after to evaluate what they got and what they think it is worht to them. That center never loses money - other places the cost is between 550-650 us for the initial training, and zero- 300 or so for other developmental training that are offered- varying widely form place to place- a lot of autonomy here.

Just like al-queda! The more I look into your group of cells, the most it seems to be mapped on that group - hmmmm cia created al-queda.... maybe your little group is CIA supported (joke, except the CIA setting up al-Queda!)

seedjoe
I have contirbuted probalby $5000 to MKP over the past 20 years. 80% of it in scholorship donations for needy men. I've gotten worse deals on used cars.

Don't buy used cars then. Thats still a lot of money that could have been spent on other things or people.

seedjoe
MKP is a 501 (c) 3 educatjional not for proifit. You can view the financial staemtns and tax teturns as a matter of public record.

Well they aren't over here in the UK - I can't quiet work out WHAT they are, I know they are appealing against the UK governments decision that they cannot be a charity - thank gods! - we certainly would not be so stupid as to classify this as 'educational' - we still have literacy in Europe ;o)

Mankind project
Date: April 07, 2006 11:21PM

feldspar
Would you think that the facts that there will be sleep deprivation, low protein diet, and attempts to induce altered states-drumming, rhythmic movement would be reasonable things to disclose to participants prior to their decision to attend. It would seem MKP could maintain their mystery and still allow people to make an informed decision by simply being a little more honest at the outset. I know that many men feel this group has helped them. I attended, it wasn't for me, and had they been honest at the beginning I would not have attended. I specifically asked prior to attending if this was the group that went out in the woods, beat drums and got naked. I was flat out told NO. Is that integrity?

Excellent point feldspar - this is why I decieded to pull out at the 11th hour. I know you cannot be hypnotised if you do not want to be, but mind-coercion is a different matter. The CIA has spent millions of your dollars researching this, and a lot of their techniques are to be found in organisations such as this.

Mankind project
Posted by: Ivy ()
Date: April 08, 2006 12:20AM

feldspar

Informed Consent for Psychotherapy: A Look at Therapists' Understanding, Opinions, and Practices
Paul Croarking, D.O.; Jennifer Berg, M.D.; James Spira, Ph.D.
p 384-400
Forensic experts agree that the doctrine of informed consent now applies to psychotherapy.

Oh they lied did they field, hello, we are waiting for you to answer field, Is that integrity??? Or just a flat out lie?????

Current Page: 6 of 114

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.