Current Page: 24 of 114
Mankind project
Posted by: ginah ()
Date: May 21, 2006 12:07PM

ginah
I do have a couple of question's for you at this time... Why did you join this group if you are no longer in MKP and still defend them? Why do you defend them so much? And why now? AND Who are you?

this was for cb1000rider

Options: ReplyQuote
Mankind project
Posted by: cb1000rider ()
Date: May 23, 2006 01:00AM

ginah
I do have a couple of question's for you at this time... Why did you join this group if you are no longer in MKP and still defend them? Why do you defend them so much? And why now? AND Who are you?

I'm interested in fair and moderate balance in regard to this group. At least as much as I can provide it from my perspective.

Last I heard, you hadn't been through it, Ginah, so most of your opinions are based on what someone told you - or something you read - not actual experience. I think having gone through the experience is very important and key to understanding it, I don't believe that you can simply read about it and get a full understanding of what it is like... The good and the bad. I don't discount your feelings towards your husband - or your feelings about the process, I'm simply saying that I would have a hard time understanding what MKP is without having gone through it.
Such understanding applies to the good things that could be gained - and the risks which could apply to the process. I agree that the risks are not disclosed up front and that there is some subversion around what the process is.

If I'm unwelcome to post in this group or if posts that support this organization are not allowed here, simply tell me and I will voluntarily leave.

I see so many posts praying on people's fears in regard to MKP and I don't think that all of the posts are entirely balanced. The Yahoo group is a great example - this group seems to be a bit more tolerant, at least so far, maybe due to moderation.. And I seem to get some good dialog from some other individuals. The downside of one sided (no supporting views allowed) is suggestive reporting, telling people that MKP is anti-Christian, citing going to MKP as a mortal sin, suggesting that homosexual activities are encouraged, not to mention hyping the things that DO happen in a suggestive manner... A great example is citing the usage of phallic symbols as a specifically named sex toy... Lookup the definition of that sex toy and what it's used for. Saying that MKP uses these things is *highly* suggestive.

MKP is doing some not so ethical things also. They tell initiates that they have to ride together due to space concerns. They do not disclose the processes that might have a deep pschological impact on some individuals. They require non-disclosure up front, but don't detail anything about the process.

Regardless, I don't excuse men from their integrity due to the behavior of other men.

There is some conjecture in regard to some individuals making a lot of money off MKP. I have seen zero evidence of this, outside of the leadership that does get paid per tax returns. The amounts (in my eyes) do not lead to lifestyles above middle class. If anyone has evidence that an individual or individual(s) have made money off MKP, I'd love to see it... Until then, it's just more fearmongering and heresay.

Do I defend MKP? Yes. Do I criticise MKP? Yes.
I'm trying to strike a fair balance. If this is a forum for criticsm only, please let me know.

Why now?
I'm only recently aware of this forum. '

Who are you?
I'm not sure how you want me to answer this question. I have adversion to disclosing my identity on the internet to individuals who may not be tolerant of my views as such can cause harassment. If you *must* know who I am for some reason, message me directly and we'll work something out.

Mankind project
Posted by: feldspar ()
Date: May 23, 2006 03:26AM

LGAT groups (other than MKP) have sold their "services" to corporations. Let's wait until that happens before we point the finger at the sell out croud.

CB you likely have more experience with other trainings than I. Is the Inner King Training offered as an intensive to corporate executives and developed by Kauth unrelated to the MKP training principles. This is a serious question, I'm not baiting you. I have no problem with groups selling their programs to corporations as long as they disclose what they are doing in these intensives

Mankind project
Posted by: cb1000rider ()
Date: May 23, 2006 04:37AM

feldspar
CB you likely have more experience with other trainings than I. Is the Inner King Training offered as an intensive to corporate executives and developed by Kauth unrelated to the MKP training principles. This is a serious question, I'm not baiting you. I have no problem with groups selling their programs to corporations as long as they disclose what they are doing in these intensives

I have no experience with their "other" trainings, outside of what they offer through one of their companies that has my email address. I cannot definitively say that it's MKP related or not. I would not be suprised if similiar training principles are taught elsewhere, as LGAT seems to be common to many of these groups. I simply don't see a "corporate" need for MKP as it seems to be focused on the individual, not necessarily empowering... I've never heard of an MKP corporate link, unlike groups like PSI - but that doesn't mean I'm willing to say that it does not exist.

ginah, This is a moderated group. If my posts are out of line - please mention such to a moderator. They can ban me - or simply ask me not to post here. If this is a forum for anti-MKP only, please make me aware of it and I will no longer post any positive experiences.

Mankind project
Date: May 23, 2006 06:08AM

I appreciate your thoughts on that. Please continue to post, without both sides of an issue it is not a debate, it is a lecture

Mankind project
Posted by: what2do ()
Date: May 23, 2006 11:45AM

CB, I do not think Ginah was implying your posts were out of line. That was not my take on her post. I for one do not believe you are out of line.l I disagree with you, but your opinion and feelings are valid, just like I feel my opinions and feelings are valid.

I enjoy the discussions that have been posted here. It would be so very boring if everyone agreed with each other. I would probably read for about 2-3 days, then move on.

Knowledge comes from hearing other viewpoints. I hope you have at least given some consideration to our viewpoints, even if you disagree with them.

I have no way of proving where the money goes. Call me cynical, but I believe 99.9% of these groups are about money. I do not think the 3 founders of this group, after attending Sterling or EST, or whatever, said "Hey we can help many other men because we are just good old boys, and we are not going to make any money off this program". Just look at their own figures of how many men have gone thru training, and most of them also attended I-group. Given inflation, say that is around $550.00 per man (today that would be $750.00). I have seen the figure of 30,000 men. Do the math. I do not know if 30,000 is worldwide, or just the USA. That is a lot of money.

Keep in mind, very few men are paid any monies, mainly just volunteers. Now take into all the training courses to become leaders, or whatever. I just saw an email to my husband encouraging him to go to some further training for a mere $450.00. Where my husband went to training, the land was donated by another brother. The buildings were built by volunteer labor. I do not know about the materials for the buildings. I am sure some of the labor had to be paid for. Maintenance is volunteer work, because we get emails telling about a work weekend every now and then.

Assuming this is the norm throughout the country, where does the money go? We are speaking of millions and millions of dollars.

But anyway, CB, I am glad you post here.

Mankind project
Date: May 24, 2006 12:32AM

feldspar
I appreciate your thoughts on that. Please continue to post, without both sides of an issue it is not a debate, it is a lecture

CB, I thought I had made it clear, I like debating, and I want all sides, I appologize if I made you "feel" unwelcome.

Mankind project
Date: May 24, 2006 12:35AM

Keep in mind, very few men are paid any monies, mainly just volunteers.

The "volunteers", pay to go to these weekend trainings for new initiates. They do not go for free. Only the "elders" get paid.

My husband's weekend, the initiate deposits were $150.00 for each person, add the full amount of the weekend of $650.00 per person, approx 30 people. $19,500.00 just from initiates for one weekend training.
Income
Initiate Deposits $4500.00 (this was just the deposit, not the full amount owed MKP by initiates)
COR staff "contributions" $3200.00
MOS "contributions" $825.00
Expense
Leader team fees (payment to elders) $2,900.00
Scholarship $300.00
Coordinator fees (payment to elders) $1500.00
Travel expense (payment to elders) $600.00
MKPI payments $4975.00
NWTA administrative expense $350.00
Contribution to MKP(our state) $5000.00

At the end of the weekend the men were then asked to "contribute" an amount of their choosing monthly and given a form on top of the $650.00.

Also, what2do is correct about all the volunteer time and donations in regards to MKP. My husband has spent time "cleaning" up an MKP area for meetings. They did not pay him or anyone else to do this. They use MKP people.

Mankind project
Date: May 24, 2006 01:46AM

I wanted to appologize, I feel I lied when I said a few messages ago that would be my last posting. At the time I felt that was true, obviously that has not been the case. I have felt the need to reach out at this time in my life.

Mankind project
Date: May 24, 2006 01:56AM

i'm glad you're back

Current Page: 24 of 114

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.