Current Page: 66 of 273
Re: Has Anyone Ever Heard of Radiant Life Church in Sacramento
Posted by: Deja Vu ()
Date: August 09, 2008 08:42AM

WAJ, that is funny. Funny as in ironic and sooo to the point. I never really considered that before. WOW! Someone should have kicked me out of leadership along time ago. It would have saved me a lot of pain and confusion. LOL REally though, I seriously am so grateful for the whole experience. Look at how many of our eyes have been opened up to so many new things because of this experience. God is not stupid. He is very clever and a great chess player. He has such a bigger plan in mind than we all know. Man does he love us!

Thanks for sharing WAJ. That was a great thought.

-Ryan-

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: one voice ()
Date: August 09, 2008 02:55PM

WOW! I put my first post, take off for a few days and come back to all kinds of good stuff and thank God, new names. Welcome to Wont be Dogmatized and Lifeisafunnything. Thank you all 4 the encouragement and kind welcomes. I can't say how much I appreciate everyone coming on here and sharing. It has taken away some of the loneliness I feel.I want to encourage you if you are like me and feeling torn about sharing. I waited thinking it would feel better tomarrow. It won't, If youre like me youve been convinced (brainwashed)to think that questioning is wrong. Theres no way to break free from that stronghold without doing something.Doing something for me was sharing my story and it has really helped me. Just hoping to encourage one more voice to speak. Hey Brandon I am reading my soma notes and I think this will help you if you are starting to let these stories get into your heart. In Heroes class you followed Tonys leadership talk about why we become fake or phony people. One reason you said is because we are self deceived. You said we become blind to our OWN areas of lack,weakness,and failure. Then you said,and Im quoting you now word for word," The way to know if you are self deceived is to see how easily you become defensive when opposed." Cant you see that you yourself have I.D. Tony as self deceived. Tony cant be opposed and you know that well. How many people say this about Tony? Think for yourself Brandon. You ended this class by saying that men enjoy the praise of men and actually believe they deserve it which produces an abusive leader with too much power and not enough character. These are your own words Brandon. Thinking through my soma days has given me much to consider. I shutter to say this but I loved Heart of David. It seemed so sincere at the time. I was taken in by Tonys charisma and I too love David. It appeared to me that Tony fancied himself a David but I fear he lacks one very needed thing. A NATHAN. All Tonys talk of his leaders being Sauls was quite disgraceful. It turns out that the one who most fits the description of a Saul is Tony himself. When Isreal wanted a man instead of God to rule them God gave them Saul. Not to preach but 1 Samuel 8:10-18 tells what we get when we want man to lead us instead of God. Samuel said he'll take your young,your strong.your best and he'll make them all serve his needs and agendas. Not Gods purposes but his. Sounds like Saul may have known about strategic advance. It is all so sad. So many still cant see.

Posted by: one voice ()
Date: August 09, 2008 03:25PM

Ive been caught up in my soma notes and no wonder I felt irritated so much of the time. I take pretty good notes and when I felt something was wrong with the teaching I wrote the statements exactly as stated and put quotes so I would know the difference later. Heres a dousy. Tony taught that we resist change in part due to complacency. Complacency is fueled by 5 things. One of those 5 things is a "low confrontation culture" He said when we refuse to confront we perpetuate a static state ( no change.) Does anyone think Tony has MPD? He went on to say if a leader isnt going where hes supposed to go then we MUST follow higher orders. He went on to say that no succesful business avoids confrontation, Then he said if youre a leader ,"by the time people are leaving all you can do is learn from this." Tony you cant possibly think you are exempt from these teachings you say come from your hearing Gods heart. People are leaving. They are confronting. People are coming out from under directionless leadership. We dont want static conditions. By the way the 5th contributer to complacency is DENIAL he said. We are definately not in denial.Just a quick post so I wouldnt loose my thoughts.

Posted by: Free2bme ()
Date: August 10, 2008 02:49AM

Onevoice,

Thank you for your testimony and insight as to the teachings in SOMA. I would be interested to hear more of this destructive teaching. The problem is that when you are a teacher, you should gear the material to the audience. Most of SOMA students are young adults or young christians and everything that they are learning are being filter through their experiences which at times are limited at best. This, I believe, is what causes so much confusion. These SOMA students, for the most part, are still at the spiritual milk phase and cannot discern right from wrong. They see Tony as a man that has it all together and wants to take on his traits instead of Christ's. Most have lost their own identy in Christ and walk around duplicating what they are seeing instead of being who they are. This grieves my heart. I pray that people would wake up from their zombie state and be who God has called them to be.

Grace and peace to all.

Posted by: whatajoke ()
Date: August 10, 2008 05:14AM

OneVoice.......... I was so disgusted at the teachings at Radiant Life that I threw all of my SOMA notes. Dicipleship notes, and sermon notes in the garbage. They are long gone as I believed the teachings to be tainted and wanted a fresh start.

Posted by: Deja Vu ()
Date: August 10, 2008 05:28AM

ONEVOICE. Those two postings were well said. My buddy Matt who is "RingBarer" on this forum told me that one of the things he did for a long time when exiting RLC, was that he dove back into his Soma notes and really dissected them. He found so many contradictions and things that seemed right in the moment, but later realized how twisted they were. I am glad that you are going back over the notes. Here is the funny thing that I was telling my wife last night; I told her that much of the teaching that Tony has has given us over the course of Soma and Leadership has actually turned against him. I spent almost a year and a half in SOMA AD (post soma school) to further my leadership training. Why? Not sure but I quit about 5 months ago now. The teaching gets way more confrontational and manipulative. I do not have time to go into it right now.

I will say this though, I met with some friends last night that really have a heart for God. They still attend RLC out of obedience for God as to be watchmen there and to hold the leadership accountable. They also watch out for the young people and children there in spirit as well. The husband of the couple said to me that, quoted in my words, "The teaching has gotten away form Real and Raw bible teaching. Too much personal interjection and revelation has caused for a misinterpretation of the Word and a distortion of Truth". I believe this to be true. The crazy thing is that not many never question the teachings. This couple has many times and every time, Tony has just pushed it off as, "the Teaching must not be for them then". Can you way WHAT? The spirit speaks to his people period. Remember, Gods people will worship him in Spirit and Truth.

I want to encourage you Onevoice; You have much insight to offer especially being an EX Soma student. I am glad to have you on this site. If you ever feel like you want to let us know who you are, we would not judge you and I hope you know that. The more people that get on here and feel liberated to expose themselves, I believe will in turn liberate others like Nicole B.(escapee07) and Matt Mickalak (RingBarer), Dan Davis (Abused ) Ryan Lazalier (Deja Vu), Shane Tiller (Pray4them). We have all come out and and decided to not hide anymore. I do want to say this though. Many people on here in their healing process do not feel like it is time for them to expose their identity right now and THAT IS OK. It's all on their and Gods timing. My intent is to just let you all know that it is OK to be exposed if it is your desire. In fact, it feels real liberating when you do. THat is my opinion only though.

BTW: If any one reading this forum and anyone who is already posting wants to ask me any personal questions, you are more than welcome to PM me on this forum. It would be my delight to help. KEEP PRAYING and KEEP SEEKING TRUTH. Bless you all and all who are reading this.

Posted by: Ring barer ()
Date: August 10, 2008 08:34AM

lifeisafunnything
I was talking with a close friend recently about this forum, they also used to attend RLC. I asked them what they thought about this forum, about what people were saying, what they thought about Tony, etc. I was surprised to find them in a neutral position about it all. While they knew things were wrong, they also believed that most of what has been done was not directly connected with Tony and the fact that he is the central figure of the church is why he has been so scrutinized. They brought up the point that Tony teaches at times in a round about kind of way, which can lead others to percieve it differently than he meant it (which i can agree with). Their main point is that we are not Tony and cannot know what was and is going through his head when he says a certain thing, or does something crazy like barge into a prayer meeting like he did. They basically just went on to argue that most of the things that have been done to hurt people didn't come directly from Tony, but others. Leadership perpetuated it, regular joes perpetuated it to gain some level of the authority that was being taught. They recounted many times where Tony actually publicly brought up the fact that he was tired of people trying to mimic him, and taking what he said out of context and teaching it in an unhealthy manner. And while I can halfway agree with all this and I see their point, it is very hard for me to believe that he didn't make it that way (either through ignoring it, or by secretly inviting it to happen). The fact that the ENTIRE structure of the church has the same philosophies and practices tells me that he has had his hand in this corruption for a long time. EVERY SINGLE PERSON doesn't misinterpret a teaching so much so that it finds its way into the everyday life of its members on its own. I have heard Tony defend himself against this issue. When he hears about someone teaching something "off", he immediatly blames the person. If multiple people are doing it, he questions the whole lot and can't figure out where they got that idea. I don't know. It doesn't make sense for it to have just happened because all these other people were just wrong. The church is laced with bad philosophies that came from somewhere. If not Tony, why wouldn't he make sure to get rid of it? It is his church, that he says he cares about, and he obviously knows it has major issues (he admitted to it). Why would his only response be to shrug his shoulders and say "It's them."? Wouldn't someone who really cares, try to shake things up, address people, remove people, SOMETHING other than just blame?

I don't know. It's a lot to think about, to be honest. I can't get a full grip on it. I just want things to change. I put all my hope into this thing, this movement, just to watch it fall apart. I'm very sad and just unsure how to take it all. Sorry for the length.

Tony’s major teaching on this topic is… “Everything rises and falls on leadership”… from his mouth to me this meant that it is all his responsibility in the end….

Just letting yall know his position when I went to soma… check your notes you might just find it in there.

Date: August 10, 2008 08:42AM

From Deja Vu's post...

“When he finally trusts you, he begins to “speak into you” things that would NEVER be shared in view of the whole. He also will tell you, “I am glad I can trust you”, with a STRONG implication of, “DON’T TELL ANYONE WHAT I AM ABOUT TO TELL YOU”.”

WOW… Déjà vu… and I don’t mean RYAN… how about “You are Faithful” or “I a saying this to you because you can handle it”… these statements generally mean your about to hear some #!*@... Sorry for the expletive but I don’t know a better way to put it in this situation…

Date: August 10, 2008 08:46AM

Ring barer
lifeisafunnything
I was talking with a close friend recently about this forum, they also used to attend RLC. I asked them what they thought about this forum, about what people were saying, what they thought about Tony, etc. I was surprised to find them in a neutral position about it all. While they knew things were wrong, they also believed that most of what has been done was not directly connected with Tony and the fact that he is the central figure of the church is why he has been so scrutinized. They brought up the point that Tony teaches at times in a round about kind of way, which can lead others to percieve it differently than he meant it (which i can agree with). Their main point is that we are not Tony and cannot know what was and is going through his head when he says a certain thing, or does something crazy like barge into a prayer meeting like he did. They basically just went on to argue that most of the things that have been done to hurt people didn't come directly from Tony, but others. Leadership perpetuated it, regular joes perpetuated it to gain some level of the authority that was being taught. They recounted many times where Tony actually publicly brought up the fact that he was tired of people trying to mimic him, and taking what he said out of context and teaching it in an unhealthy manner. And while I can halfway agree with all this and I see their point, it is very hard for me to believe that he didn't make it that way (either through ignoring it, or by secretly inviting it to happen). The fact that the ENTIRE structure of the church has the same philosophies and practices tells me that he has had his hand in this corruption for a long time. EVERY SINGLE PERSON doesn't misinterpret a teaching so much so that it finds its way into the everyday life of its members on its own. I have heard Tony defend himself against this issue. When he hears about someone teaching something "off", he immediatly blames the person. If multiple people are doing it, he questions the whole lot and can't figure out where they got that idea. I don't know. It doesn't make sense for it to have just happened because all these other people were just wrong. The church is laced with bad philosophies that came from somewhere. If not Tony, why wouldn't he make sure to get rid of it? It is his church, that he says he cares about, and he obviously knows it has major issues (he admitted to it). Why would his only response be to shrug his shoulders and say "It's them."? Wouldn't someone who really cares, try to shake things up, address people, remove people, SOMETHING other than just blame?

I don't know. It's a lot to think about, to be honest. I can't get a full grip on it. I just want things to change. I put all my hope into this thing, this movement, just to watch it fall apart. I'm very sad and just unsure how to take it all. Sorry for the length.

Tony’s major teaching on this topic is… “Everything rises and falls on leadership”… from his mouth to me this meant that it is all his responsibility in the end….

Just letting yall know his position when I went to soma… check your notes you might just find it in there.

by the way when I posted this post I had not yet read what Ryan had wrote in regards to Everthing rising and falling on leadership… just wanted to et you all know…

Date: August 10, 2008 08:50AM

whatajoke
Here is something I was thinking about. If Tony has told Ryan that Matt is dangerous and Tony has told Matt that Ryan is dangerouos then isn't Tony accountable that he has dangerous people in leadership. The comments that Tony made to Ryan and Matt show his manipulation and abuse. You can believe what you want to believe. I am in no way saying that ryan and matt are dangerous. Just saying if that was Tony's belief and that was an elders belief (Greg Huths comment) and they put a person in leadership that they believe is dangerous then they are accountable for than. Sorry, ryan and matt. I was just using that as an example. These are the games Tony plays. If it is true that matt and ryan are dangerous and tony knows it then he has some responsibility for whatever destruction and abuse they cause. If it is not true and Tony was just saying it for his own reasons then what does that say about what kind of man Tony is. Either way it exposes Tony for what he is......... a pastor who has gone wayward and is caught up in his own ego. Wake up Tony and stop blaming everyone but yourself.

just food for thought.

Well I guess that we really are dangerous now... good point WAJ...

Current Page: 66 of 273

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.