Date: August 05, 2008 04:40AM

Won't Be Dogmatized:

See [www.culteducation.com]

These coping strategies may be helpful.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Has Anyone Ever Heard of Radiant Life Church in Sacramento
Posted by: whatajoke ()
Date: August 05, 2008 06:22AM

thanks moderator for stepping in to help wontbedogmatized with a very difficult question. The truth needs to be exposed.

Welcome all of the new posters. To all from RLC who are stopping by please take these testimonies as serious. Do not write them off in the name of god or pretend that it is just the work of the enemy. you might be surprised it might just be the work of god.

Posted by: Free2bme ()
Date: August 05, 2008 12:19PM

Welcome OneVoice and wontbedogmatized.

I wanted to share with you all something I ran across that I found to be very interesting. First let me prefice it by saying that while I was in prayer the other day I was contemplating the things that I felt to be wrong with RLC. Words came to mind such as authority, apostleship and apostasy. While I have to be honest, I did not really know what apostasy meant so I looked it up. Websters definition is "an abandonment of one's faith, political party, cause or principals; to revolt". As I Google searched the word, further definitions were found that described cults. In other words, these cults have turned from their faith to create something other than the Bible. You might find the information on the following website interesting. Please read the individuals testimony who started the website. Here is the link: [apostasywatch.com]

One item that really stuck out in reading this persons testimony is that he was not angry or bitter. If he was angry with anyone it was himself for following the false teaching. In these last times, we need to know the word of God more than we know anything else. We need to test the spirits and measure teaching with the word of God. If they don't line up; step up or step out! I have learned that I will know longer sit idle. I will step up if teaching is not in alignment with the word of God. That is what we are supposed to do.

I pray that God will give is all the knowledge of His will through all spiritual wisdom and understanding, in Christs name, amen.

Posted by: BraveHeart ()
Date: August 05, 2008 06:25PM

I would encourage any wife who has ever been counciled that it is OK to divorce there husband to come forward and share there testimony.
I want to adderss a level of manipulation at rlc so that you can identify being one of the victiums or see people arround you who are under this stronghold of Tony.
A couple will get involved with rlc and soon 6-12 months they become one of Tonys "contributers" trying to earn points to one day make it into Tonys intercircle. Now after a period of time goes (by 1-4 years) the wife is being discipled by Rose Cunningham or a woman who is directly under Rose's discipleship and part of Tonys intercircle. She is being counciled in many ways but the theme is " she needs to be submitted to her discipler" to the point of abducating the biblical teaching that wives are to submit to their husband. it does not say husband's, pastor or discipler!
If the husband is not on board with Tonys teachings then the wifes discipler turns up the teachings and brainwashing about being submitted to Tonys spiritual authority.
I know this to be true because when I broke off my involvement with rlc I had a one on one with Tony challanging regarding his faulse teachings. more about that latter. but in that conversation I brought up two difrent couples who were seperated and in both cases Tony said that the husbands were not acting right. he said they were crazy, and in that case he would justify and encourage a divorse.

Posted by: Free2bme ()
Date: August 06, 2008 11:16AM

BraveHeart
I would encourage any wife who has ever been counciled that it is OK to divorce there husband to come forward and share there testimony.
I want to adderss a level of manipulation at rlc so that you can identify being one of the victiums or see people arround you who are under this stronghold of Tony.
A couple will get involved with rlc and soon 6-12 months they become one of Tonys "contributers" trying to earn points to one day make it into Tonys intercircle. Now after a period of time goes (by 1-4 years) the wife is being discipled by Rose Cunningham or a woman who is directly under Rose's discipleship and part of Tonys intercircle. She is being counciled in many ways but the theme is " she needs to be submitted to her discipler" to the point of abducating the biblical teaching that wives are to submit to their husband. it does not say husband's, pastor or discipler!
If the husband is not on board with Tonys teachings then the wifes discipler turns up the teachings and brainwashing about being submitted to Tonys spiritual authority.
I know this to be true because when I broke off my involvement with rlc I had a one on one with Tony challanging regarding his faulse teachings. more about that latter. but in that conversation I brought up two difrent couples who were seperated and in both cases Tony said that the husbands were not acting right. he said they were crazy, and in that case he would justify and encourage a divorse.

My spouse and I were discipled by Tony and Rose. While the experience with Rose was nothing but positive; the experience with Tony was quite the opposite. During one session, he was teaching that the Bible does not state that a man cannot have more than one wife. When questioned about this teaching, he was very agitated and responded stating that we cannot go into foreign countries where it is allowed and force our belief systems on their cultures because it is legal in other countries. This teaching was very dangerous. While it is true that the Bible specifically doesn't say, "you can't have more than one wife". Several references are made to the contrary. If we take that approach, then we must throw out the trinity because its not mentioned in the Bible either. In light of some of the things that are happening today, this teaching is quite haunting.

Posted by: BraveHeart ()
Date: August 06, 2008 11:05PM

Escapee07
whatajoke: Very good posts.

When I was reading the article a question came to mind.

There is so much of the cult activity at RLC. My question is, and I know this is not something anyone but Tony can answer, but did he start this church with a game plan to start this cult. Did he have it in his mind to teach the bible with such a skewed perspective and have people walking around like zombies. Is it possible that the result of all the crap we see today is what he actually wanted when he decided to be a pastor. Did he plan on getting people to call him an apostle. OR is his a victim of himself as well?

Is it possible that he planned this evil from the begining? I certainly hope not.

This is not said in anything but curiosity to know if Tony is pleased with the result of all his hard work? I am not bitter. Yesterday I was angry, today I feel sad.

There is much of me that would like to see Tony stop his false teachings but there comes a point in your life when treating a tumor it does not respond to medicin you have to get aggressie and cut it out!!
yes I agree Tony is a victium of his very own ego! his arogants and pride hade conveluted his thinking.
but I'm warning you all he needs to be cut out of the ministry ASAP.

Posted by: Ring barer ()
Date: August 07, 2008 01:09AM

Escapee07
whatajoke: Very good posts.

When I was reading the article a question came to mind.

There is so much of the cult activity at RLC. My question is, and I know this is not something anyone but Tony can answer, but did he start this church with a game plan to start this cult. Did he have it in his mind to teach the bible with such a skewed perspective and have people walking around like zombies. Is it possible that the result of all the crap we see today is what he actually wanted when he decided to be a pastor. Did he plan on getting people to call him an apostle. OR is his a victim of himself as well?

Is it possible that he planned this evil from the begining? I certainly hope not.

This is not said in anything but curiosity to know if Tony is pleased with the result of all his hard work? I am not bitter. Yesterday I was angry, today I feel sad.

This is a question that I have been asked before… and I can tell you that I don’t believe that Tony calculated his every move as to manipulate things this direction from the beginning. Tony is simply sick and has always seen himself as supremely right. In his eyes he is always right, his opinion is always more correct and he cannot be refuted… in his mind. I believe that because he thinks himself so right about everything he stopped listening to others around him and above him in his different ministerial rolls including as a youth pastor in Oregon. Over time he has moved from biblical base and a motive of spreading the gospel to a Self-based teaching while spreading what he thinks is right. And that’s the big problem… I really don’t se him calculating from the beginning and frankly he is not that clever… there are to many holes in how he has done it to this point which shows a shooting from the hip style of manipulation… he has exposed far to much about himself to too many people and it will come back around… that is why you see him separate himself from people or why people close to him become in his words “dangerous” if they stop agreeing with him… he really is just a run of the mill self centered teacher. His kind is not uncommon and this type of manipulation is found all over the world... some are just far better at it.

Posted by: Ring barer ()
Date: August 07, 2008 01:21AM

Won't Be Dogmatized

I honestly wish there was some way to magically show people what is in my head or something I could say that would help them see. However, in my experience you just have to let people come to the conclusions on there own so that they have the conviction when leaving… this does not mean that you cant plant seeds though. Share with them what you know is right and normal and do it consistently without being offensive to RLC or Tony, because that my shut them down. If you can tell them the truth as much as they are hearing a lie the truth will stick and prove itself over time. The other huge thing is love them, stay loyal and make sure they know that you are for them and not going anywhere. RLC may look like they offer this but in the end you will be the one standing there not RLC and they will know that you have what RLC claims it has.

The fact is that with time an exposure the luster of RLC and the enchantment fades away but your genuine commitment to your family and your display of love for them will shine all the more when they start to question on their own.

Posted by: Escapee07 ()
Date: August 07, 2008 02:38AM

I was doing some searching online. I went to the Church of God Official website to see what I could find. I did the find a church search, and typed in the zip code and found that RLC is still listed there. But what I found REALLY interesting is that Tony is not listed as the Pastor. Scott McCullogh is. He is the pastor at RLC Laguna...I really like Pastor Scott. I do find this a bit suspicious...Anyone have insight to why this would be?

I thought I heard that RLC was trying to cut ties with COG. It was hearsay though so...

Date: August 07, 2008 05:35AM

I suspect Tony Cunningham has Narcissistic Personality Disorder. I have studied this condition to better help me understand certain people in my life. Friends, family, associates and followers of someone who has NPD are unknowingly providing him/her with the "supply" needed in order to maintain superiority.

Narcissistic Personality Disorder (NPD) symptoms:
•Reacts to criticism with feelings or rage, shame or humiliation.
•Takes advantage of others to achieve own goals.
•Self-important.
•Exaggerates achievements and talents.
•Preoccupation with fantasies of success, power, beauty, intelligence, or ideal love.
•Unreasonable expectations of favorable treatment.
•Requires constant attention and admiration.
•Is often envious of others or believes that others are envious of him.

There's so much more at: [www.medicinenet.com]

Or you can Google Narcissistic Personality Disorder.

Current Page: 61 of 273

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.