Current Page: 62 of 273
Re: Has Anyone Ever Heard of Radiant Life Church in Sacramento
Posted by: Escapee07 ()
Date: August 07, 2008 05:39AM

Won't Be Dogmatized
I suspect Tony Cunningham has Narcissistic Personality Disorder. I have studied this condition to better help me understand certain people in my life. Friends, family, associates and followers of someone who has NPD are unknowingly providing him/her with the "supply" needed in order to maintain superiority.

Narcissistic Personality Disorder (NPD) symptoms:
•Reacts to criticism with feelings or rage, shame or humiliation.
•Takes advantage of others to achieve own goals.
•Self-important.
•Exaggerates achievements and talents.
•Preoccupation with fantasies of success, power, beauty, intelligence, or ideal love.
•Unreasonable expectations of favorable treatment.
•Requires constant attention and admiration.
•Is often envious of others or believes that others are envious of him.

There's so much more at: [www.medicinenet.com]

Or you can Google Narcissistic Personality Disorder.

Hmm... Do they have a pill to cure it? That could solve all our problems!
WBD~ sounds like this about right!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/07/2008 05:40AM by Escapee07.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: whatajoke ()
Date: August 07, 2008 12:06PM

Free2bme
BraveHeart
My spouse and I were discipled by Tony and Rose. While the experience with Rose was nothing but positive; the experience with Tony was quite the opposite. During one session, he was teaching that the Bible does not state that a man cannot have more than one wife. When questioned about this teaching, he was very agitated and responded stating that we cannot go into foreign countries where it is allowed and force our belief systems on their cultures because it is legal in other countries. This teaching was very dangerous. While it is true that the Bible specifically doesn't say, "you can't have more than one wife". Several references are made to the contrary. If we take that approach, then we must throw out the trinity because its not mentioned in the Bible either. In light of some of the things that are happening today, this teaching is quite haunting.

This relationship counseling by Tony troubles me greatly. The word of God teaches us in many ways. One of the ways Tony manipulates the word of God is by taking Old Testament scripture and twisting it for his own purposes. When looking at the issue of husbands having more than one wife there is a stark difference in what occurred in the Old Testament and what Jesus is trying to teach in the Old Testament. I am not a bible scholar and don't want to get in too deep here but there are several New Testament passages in which Jesus is teaching that the union between a man and woman (not women) is holy. One such scripture is contained in 1 Corinthians 7:2. Like I said I could get in deep here but don't want to. There are definately several references in the New Testament. The bible must be taken in context and in it's entirety. While people did practice polygamy in the Old Testament because there are several reference it doesn't neccesarily mean that God blessed it and that it is right for today. Remember Jesus came to breathe new life not old. Anyway, it seems I am actually getting preachy. Your testimony of Tony's teachings sickens me. It just goes baTo ck to everything must be tested. If you rely on one man to show you the word of God, you open yourself up to abuse and manipulation. This is the position Tony rose to. People worship him and take his word as gospel although this site is helping to educate people and bring them out from the veil of darkness at Radiant Life. I think some of the youngsters like the one who posted on D pejaVu's site have no comprehension of the things that have gone on and the tremendous amount of misteaching and spiritual abuse. I believe that it is these people who deny the cult so much that are the most cliquish and cultish. I seriously hope and pray that they see the light before they waste so much of their precious years and look back like some of us in anger and disgust at being abused and manipulated.

Date: August 07, 2008 12:08PM

WontbeDogmatized.................. that is a very good description of Tony based on my experiences.

Date: August 07, 2008 01:27PM

whatajoke

When looking at the issue of husbands having more than one wife there is a stark difference in what occurred in the Old Testament and what Jesus is trying to teach in the Old Testament.

I should check my posts more carefully. I meant to say "When looking at the issue of husbands having more than one wife there is a stark difference in what occured in the Old Testament and what Jesus is trying to teach in the New Testament."

Sorry for the typo.

It just goes baTo ck to everything must be tested.......... this should say "goes back to.........." again sorry for the sloppy post.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/07/2008 01:30PM by whatajoke.

Date: August 07, 2008 11:43PM

Hi everyone... I actually first heard about this forum about 1 1/2 years ago and began to read. Funny thing is, Tony Cunningham was the one who told me about it. He told me how stupid it was and had many other comments about what he thought. The hard thing for me to grasp is that when he reads these things, he's automatically on the defensive. He cannot, for whatever reason, believe that he really may have hurt people (or aided in others hurting other people), and for whatever other reason, he just doesn't seem to care at all that there are so many that do genuinely hurt a lot. Kevin Reta is a prime example. That man genuinely hurts and lives like 6 house away from Tony. Kevin has never once had a knock on his door from the man that he once cared so much about that he allowed his marriage to fall apart. Tony doesn't see this. Not to bring other people into this, but I really like Kevin and believe he has a story that needs to be told. He loved God, and unfortunately for him (and his kids, and his wife, and his family, and his future) he loved Tony and Brandon too. He gave until there was literally nothing left, and now he lives alone (sort of) with no support or even a "how are you?" or "Is there anything I can do for you?" from the people who let this all happen in the first place. It's so sad. And, yes, I do understand that he is a man that is responsible for his own actions, but honestly, he was lead that way, 100%. The establishment at RLC led him in that direction, allowed it to continue, and allowed him to fall into disrepair. Then when he needed it the most, they shunned him. That is just one example of a man that cared so much and needed help, and has now lost everything. What about the so many others? It's such a sad thing. I have cried for that man. And Tony can read these stories and think we are the crazy ones, the decieved ones. I just don't get it.

If you are reading this Tony, please realize that something wrong has been going on at your church. I don't think you're evil, but I believe that you need to wake up to the reality that people really do worship you. They have bowed at your feet (Literally, I have bent over, got an my knees and put my head and hands at your feet) and you have let it happen. You have a good brain, I know this, please use it to see subjectively that this is unhealthy. Use it to see that while your life is full, Kevin lives just a minutes walk from your front door. The Boxes live the other direction. Real people that your God loves. They aren't hurt for no reason. Please think about it. Without the automatic defensive response. This forum exists for a reason and you are the only one who can fix it.

Posted by: Deja Vu ()
Date: August 08, 2008 12:04AM

Escapee07
whatajoke: Very good posts.

When I was reading the article a question came to mind.

There is so much of the cult activity at RLC. My question is, and I know this is not something anyone but Tony can answer, but did he start this church with a game plan to start this cult. Did he have it in his mind to teach the bible with such a skewed perspective and have people walking around like zombies. Is it possible that the result of all the crap we see today is what he actually wanted when he decided to be a pastor. Did he plan on getting people to call him an apostle. OR is his a victim of himself as well?

Is it possible that he planned this evil from the begining? I certainly hope not.

This is not said in anything but curiosity to know if Tony is pleased with the result of all his hard work? I am not bitter. Yesterday I was angry, today I feel sad.

Hey everyone! It is good to be back. I have been on vacation with Matt for a week. There is a lot to say and catch up on, but for now I will spend a moment on the above quote. First off.....

WELCOME Onevoice and Wont be Dogmatized! I am grateful for coming on here and sharing.

Nicole, in regards to your quote, it is hard to answer that question throughly because it can only be answered based on personal opinion, not necessarily truth. So what I share, don't take as Truth, just read it objectively because it is only my opinion.

I believe that many things can start out with good intentions and end up with wicked results. Matt stated that Tony is sick. I believe the same thing. I don't say this with TONE of attitude, but with a sober opinion from what I have experienced and seen. See, I have witnessed leaders in the past, not just over the church but in many arenas go sour. Also, If you read the old testiment especially, you will find many kings who "did right in the eyes of God" at first only to let pride that comes with authority become their downfall. They started out good and with good intentions, only to end up with a wicked end. God then STRIPPED their authority and kingdom from them.

I believe Tony did not start out with any intention in plotting evil. He may have always had a "sick" miswiring in him form the beginning though. With what he believes in regards to things that are evil, I do not believe he or anyone else sets out to do bad or to do wicked things. I believe that Tony TRUELY thinks that what he is doing is actually the TRUE WAY and that God has chosen him to bring about RIGHT ORDER and REFORM to Christianity. I believe that Tonys' purpose (the purpopse he feels God has called him to) has controlled his ability to act and love freely and to live and lead for the Glory of God. Instead, it seems like he is living for the Glory of himself. We all were at one point subjects to fullfill the Glory of Tony. Its wierd you know? God says:, "For all have sinned and fallen short of the Glory of God". We fall short when we take Glory for ourselves. It is the imbodyment of "Satanism". Yes, litterally total self indulgment, self gratification and self Glorification. Here is the tricky part. TONY seems very generous. It seems like he is opposite of Self indulgent or self glorification. He gives a lot of his time, energy, money and gifts to people. It seems like he has "GOOD" for others. And he may....? I will not say or speak for God. I do know this though... The motive of man, if self glorifying, can turn ANY good intention or action to wickedness. MOTIVE is EVERYTHING. It is hard to detect or dangerous for me to judge. God can only truely judge the motive of man because he says only He can see and Judge the heart of man. However... I can look at the fruit of those that are "Under" his authority and who are led by his teaching and judge by the "FRUIT" of there lives, their families, their ministries, there own personal state of being.

I will state this: I WILL NOT GIVE UP ON HIM! I will continue to pray for him and those sheep who are being led and minipulated by his teachings. I truely am more concerned right now with those who are already wounded and that are being wounded and don't know it yet.

Something to note to everyone as an encouragment: There are some things happening right now in the midst of leadership at RLC that are very positive. The "structure" and "soundness" of leadership is unraveling. SOME recent threads of the fabric are loosening up and it is all so good. PLEASE continue to go before God and pray for the whole of this. I know HE has tuned in to our prayers as long as OUR MOTIVES are good as well. Take care for now.

-Ryan-

Whatajoke: I wnated to say that though some of your posting are long reading, they are helpful. The information is good and is beneficial for many of the new "escapees" and the "searching" as well. I know I have benefitted from them personally and have had some AH HA moments.

Date: August 08, 2008 12:21AM

LIFEISAFUNNYTHING: I am grateful for your posting. Also, WELCOME to you as well. I think this is great seeing so many come forward these last two months and share. I agree with your posting and hope that through our concerns and prayers that Tony changes his ways. That he makes restitution for his wrongs. I don't mean just a public appology, because he has done that at some level. It is a very generic and general level. What needs to happen is a REAL HEART change than a "public gathering" for everyone who ever attended RLC, and than publically make restitution for the wrongs. After that, he needs to dismiss himself from ALL forms of leadership of RLC. If he doesnt, than the Elders need to play their part and get together and dismiss him permanately for his position.

We don't need to worry about it though as far as I am concerned. God is at work here and he will gather his flock to Himself and bring healing. He will also bring to light everything that is hidden. Thanks again "LIAFT" for sharing.

BTW: If you have not read back these last two months, please do so. There is a lot of information and stories that could really benefit you. Also, if you have personal ones to share, we would love to hear them.

-Ryan Lazalier-

Posted by: Escapee07 ()
Date: August 08, 2008 12:29AM

Escapee07
whatajoke: Very good posts.

When I was reading the article a question came to mind.

There is so much of the cult activity at RLC. My question is, and I know this is not something anyone but Tony can answer, but did he start this church with a game plan to start this cult. Did he have it in his mind to teach the bible with such a skewed perspective and have people walking around like zombies. Is it possible that the result of all the crap we see today is what he actually wanted when he decided to be a pastor. Did he plan on getting people to call him an apostle. OR is his a victim of himself as well?

Is it possible that he planned this evil from the begining? I certainly hope not.

This is not said in anything but curiosity to know if Tony is pleased with the result of all his hard work? I am not bitter. Yesterday I was angry, today I feel sad.

To all who have responded to this question:

Thank you for you thoughts on this. I was reading WAJ's article that was just before it and was struck with this question. It was kind of like thinking out loud, for me. Your thoughts on the subject have helped. I would have a hard time wrapping my brain around it, if I were to find out that the result we see today is what Tony always wanted. I do truly believe that the heart behind everything started out good, but with twisted logic it became not good.
I don't hate Tony or think of him as evil. I do think of him as dangerous. I feel bad for him and his family, and the church.

Date: August 08, 2008 12:32AM

lifeisafunnything............. wow, thanks for the post and my heart also cries for Kevin. I hope that through it all he has seen that what he had was not real. That he was part of Tony's manipulation and gross spiritual abuse. Kevin was a Tony and Brandon worshiper and those two let it happen. I saw it with my own eyes!!!!!!!! It is funny that Tony is so self riteous. I am surprised because of the way he talks that he even knows about or has looked at this website. He always made it sound like he had nothing to do with technology and was definately too good to watch something on TV. That is the picture he portrayed to me. Tony if you are reading this know that you have wreaked havoc in peoples lifes through your spiritual abuse and manipulation of people. You are as unreal as they come and as unjesus like as I have ever seeen in a church. DejaVu.............. I too believe Tony is sick. By that I mean there is some serious miswiring. As he is, he is dangerous in the position of leading people. Brandon, I hope you are reading this forum and realize the enormity of what has happenned. People have been spirutually abused, manipulated, and thrust into very cultlike activities. heck Brandon you had your own group of worshipers. I used to look at all the people that loved, adored and were discipled by you and see that it was part of the destructiveness at the time. But heck Brandon, you were only part of Tony's abuse and part of his own religious system. You are a victim as well as Kevin. DejaVu..........would love to hear more about the atmosphere over there at RLC as I am concerned about those still bound up. Share as you feel comfortable.

Also, DejaVu thanks for the encouraging words. It is good to know that some of the arrticles and posts that I have made have been helpful. I actually am doing much better spiritually and making progress in moving on and not holding God accountable. I went to church last week for the first time in a long, long time and plan on going again on Sunday. I know that it is not all about Sundays but it is a start for me.

My heart aches for those hurting. I read a recent post on topix from someone that was very bitter because their niece turned on them as a result of the teachings of Tony and Radiant Life Church. There are many victims out there all at different points in dealing with the hurt.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/08/2008 12:35AM by whatajoke.

Date: August 08, 2008 12:54AM

WAJ, I will be able to share more when the time is right. Cetain information is crucial right now to keep on the DL. I do not know much about the atmosphere there because I am not there, but, I have insight due to "many" people who still attend are calling me and asking me Q's. My concern is that Tony may publically achnowledge and appologize just so he can show humility and ultimately gain more of a "COMMITTED" following. It has been done before. I know this shows that I am playing God and judging his heart, but I am not. I have just seen appolgese(sp) and not seen true repentance, which is a RADICAL turning form his ways.

I am sorry I cannot share yet certain details, but I hope to share and expose generalities only to bring encouragment to your prayers. Just know this "Readers", your not crazy for feeling things or thinking things that seem contrary to the teaching and leading. There is SO much that is "under the sheets" of teaching and leading that a lot and most of you probably do not know. Please be discerning and objective. Also, I do want to say this. These "THINGS" that I cannot share yet, you will begin to see it naturally soon. You will know it when you see it. Bless you all.

Current Page: 62 of 273

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.