Current Page: 70 of 273
Re: Has Anyone Ever Heard of Radiant Life Church in Sacramento
Posted by: Free2bme ()
Date: August 14, 2008 05:18AM

Kevin Reta,

Kevin, it is so good to hear from you. Our family has always cared about you, Bridget and your family. It saddened us to hear of the turmoil in your lives and ultimate break up. No matter what, you all are in our hearts and prayers. May God continue to bless you and your family and give you His peace.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: August 14, 2008 05:26AM

kevinreta:

Please do not share personal contact information on this message board per the rules you agreed to before posting here.

Also, please don't attempt to characterize anyone that is critical of RLC as "bitter."

Frankly, this comes off as an attempt to victim bash.

Jesus warned about those who would come in his name that he would not know.

Also, the New Testament is concerned with the exposure of false teaching.

Paul criticized leaders in Galatians.

Evangelists, elders and deacons are accountable, according to the NT.

It is not bitterness to speak out about abuse.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/14/2008 05:29AM by rrmoderator.

Posted by: Escapee07 ()
Date: August 14, 2008 05:44AM

Hey Kevin! It is good to hear from you.

Nicole Bianchini

Posted by: Deja Vu ()
Date: August 14, 2008 06:38AM

Kevin, my brutha, Reta,

It is good to finally have you come on here and post. Welcome bro! I wanted to say thank you very much for the admission of your wrongs and I wanted to say that you are forgiven!! WOW! God is good that way. These are very exciting times for the reason that daily I get to see a community of believers come together and find common ground first in their stories shared from their church experience, than in their current healing process. While some are further along than others and some just need to be grieving, we are all here to be a support and light to each other and to many others who are just following this thread.
Back early in July, I gave a very brief testimony and public apology of my journey at RLC and my representation as a leader. I wanted to speak briefly of the realness of my recent journey- kind of a testimony of my soul. I hope some will be able to relate.

MY TESTIMONY in brief!

It took me about 12 years to get to the place of seeing God as LOVE after coming out of the Mormon faith. I lived with guilt and shame for a very long time and saw God as an “ABSOLUTE” un-relational and un-reachable God. When I left the LDS faith, all that I knew and all the family and friends I thought I had denied me and left me. It was devastating. I went on a journey of discovery. A journey to find Jesus raw and real. I attended many churches. Each “BOX” grew but the longer I stayed at each church, I eventually always hit the walls of the box. I ended up to RLC of Sacramento almost 6 years ago with skepticism, but I felt as if God had something for me there. Much of it seemed right. People “SEEMED” genuine. The only person I did not feel right around was Tony. I felt afraid and oppressed in his presence but panned it off as “It must be because he “hears” God and is a Holy man.” ( I thought that I was experiencing the fear of God in him). That is what I was told at least. I spent the next 3 years trying to gain his approval as well as others. There is a dangerous hierarchy that is taught and implied there. To gain approval of leaders and have relationship, you have to perform and function a certain way and work your @#$$% off. I devoted my time and efforts to the serving of the church. Led the way of evangelism and consumed my time 7 days a week there going to school, teaching and leading others and leading many ministries. I was trying to balance work and family in the middle of it. I did a pretty good job not forfeiting family time, but I WAS SPREAD THIN and MISERABLE. I began to resent church and question my relationship with God daily. I became depressed and discouraged though not many knew it. During the summer of my 3rd year of school (SOMA), I was on my way out. God told me NO!. So I stayed and he put me in charge of the young adult ministry. I had the blessed opportunity to teach NOT TONYS philosophies and truths, but instead was able to challenge them with Gods TRUTH. GREAT and AWESOME things came out of it, though many saw it as a failing ministry. I was meeting with Tony on a more intimate level at this point. He was pouring into me a lot and exposing crazy things to me. He began speaking against many other leaders to me in a negative way. He basically vomited on me a lot. I found myself not wanting anything to do with him anymore. Last November, out of the blue, he INSTANTLY stopped calling me. He would not return my calls or emails. I realized than what was happening. I was a threat and of no use to him anymore. I was “OUSTED”. I got what the Matt Michalak, Kevin Reta, Dan D. and so many others got. After participating in Soma AD (post graduate school) for a year, I ended up quitting. That led to my “releasing” of God to leave RLC.

The Separation Anxiety:
Once removed, I felt that loneliness. I did not want to be bitter, so I did not want to hang out with “EXERS” of RLC because they were so angry. But I did not ever want to go back either. God was somewhere off in the distant universe and I was alone in the desert. I felt afraid and unsure. CONFUSED, but confident that this was right as well. Matt and I began to share. I was still grieving and he was mad as hell still and bitter. We met in the middle and both began to get healed. Then we found the Forum. It was time to make a difference. I did not want to sit and ROLE OVER! So we joined the very small network. Thank God for those who started this. Now, it is time to bring restitution and be a support for others who are hurting. I want to chase after the wounded sheep and bring them back to God because many have shunned away from God out of hurt. Some are actually doing REAL well and have REALLY grown with God. I know for me, I couldn’t even pray or read the scriptures for a very long time without thinking of the teachings of RLC.

BOTTOM line… I NEEDED TO FIND GOD Raw and REAL. I NEEDED TO DISCOVER PEACE and FIND TRUTH! Guess what you all… It is happening. I feel alive!!! I found PEACE with God and with my sinful nature. I am becoming whole. My marriage is prospering. My kids are flourishing. My Job, even in a tough economy is doing REAL well. We have been better off financially than we have ever been in our entire lives. I have peace and confidence in relationships. Knowledge and wisdom from God is…I cannot even explain it. I FEEL FREEDOM! I am learning how to just BREATHE. I am learning how to to breathe in and breathe out everyday. Just to rest in the acknowledgment who God is. After that, he does all the work. I feel FREE to dream and fulfill Gods plan for my life.
I thank God for these experiences. They have led me to where I am at today. Once again, please post if you are reading this. PM me if you like if you have questions on a personal level. Thank you all for forgiving me and for being patient with this long post.

-Ryan-

Posted by: whatajoke ()
Date: August 14, 2008 06:43AM

Kevin Reta............... there is a reason you are no longer a pastor. Please do not come on here and preach. You have already hurt and affected enough people. And really you come on here preaching and talking alot about yourself........... I, I , I , my life yada yada yada. You would serve better by coming on here humbly and acknowledging your part in the mess at RLC. Yes you are a victim also but you also affected other people and just like Ryan and Matt before are former representatives of the leadership at RLC.

Posted by: whatajoke ()
Date: August 14, 2008 06:46AM

Sorry, Deja..... I must have missed the apology amongs the other rhetoric. Kevin you are forgiven but for some reason your apology seemed like a formality.

Posted by: samanthafigueroa ()
Date: August 14, 2008 06:48AM

I don't plan on slandering anyone.... that is why I am stating my real name. My family went to Radiant Life Church, Sacramento for 3 years. I was "discipled", "prayer counseled", I served in children’s church, and I also helped lead a small group called "242" at my house. I have never had direct contact with Tony Cunningham so I cannot give any statements on that subject. ( although I have my opinions on his sermons )

What I can say is that I love the Lord with all my heart!!! I am so grateful for His divine direction and I can honestly say that if you truly ask God for His Wisdom, He is faithful and will give it you.

While attending the above mentioned church activities and "on fire" (I really was hungry and thirsty for the Lord) I opened my Bible and the scriptures literally came to life for me. I was growing in prophetics, God was healing me from my past and giving me a new life. I was growing in discernment and I got to witness supernatural things happen in front of my eyes. I had NO PLANS of ever leaving Radiant Life! I loved this church like I loved The Lord Jesus.

While digging through the Word and going over my notes from discipleship one day, God began to reveal to me that I wasn't being taught the truth. Again and again and again I would find a scripture in the Bible that directly proved the teaching to be wrong.

However... being in the state of mind I was in, I though I MUST be wrong. I mean, the whole 3 years I was at RLC I was taught that I truly don't know anything about God and I can't trust my own relationship with God so I have to ask those who are in authority over me for direction. So I brought this up at my next discipleship meeting. I asked my discipler to please pray for me because I don't know what is going on. I wanted to believe so badly what I was being taught! I told her to just tell me I was wrong and I will totally believe her and trust the Lord that is in her. So, that's exactly what I did.

I went months and months of struggling in my spirit, telling no one but my husband. I felt like a total failure. The Bible that spoke to my very core was still speaking to me, but it wasn't matching up with the teachings from my VERY BEST FRIENDS.

I was told that even if God tells me to do something, I need to do what my human authority (pastors, discipler, and mature Christians) tell me to do and God will still bless me. I will still be in obedience if I disobey Him because I will be obeying the "authority" God has placed over me. If I don't obey my human authority then I am walking in disobedience, even if it is contrary to the Word of God.

I believed this to be divine teaching. I believed this with all of my heart. I tried my hardest NOT to bring up things that I was struggling with to ANYONE! I knew they would think I was disobedient. I was trying soooo hard not to be disobedient.

While out to dinner with just my discipler the subject came up one more time. I mentioned some of things that I was struggling with and I asked if they were true. I was rebuked by her. She said, "I would never question Pastor Tony like this. How dare you question me? You don't know how to submit. You do not submit to my authority, so I can no longer disciple you."

I tried to continue to go to RLC after this, but was truly disconnected to ALL of my friends. I was no longer on the "inside". I was an outsider. NO ONE ever reached out to me or contacted me. It was like I was put on a “black list”.

Here are some things that I have witnessed and done myself:
1. People Worshiping People
2. Promoting Drunkenness (not on the pulpit though, I guess it's only behind the scenes)
3. Sexual Sin
4. Manipulation
5. Control
6. Distorted Doctrine
7. Alienation from Family Members
8. Back Biting
9. Gossip
10. Slander
11. Tongues Shmounges! Which is what Pastor Tony preaches on the pulpit? Be careful that is a divine language which edifies!!!

Anyway, I feel bad that I have taken a lot of your time. I tried to be brief, but it's kind of hard to express into words how hurt I was. When I left RLC I was so scared. I was taught that they were my divine covering. I thought that when I left, God was not going to bless me and that I was going to be an open target for Satan and that he would have power over me. It took weeks for me to hear God say, "I am your Authority. I am your Covering. Anyone who tries to place their selves above Me, I will bring down. You do not need a human mediator between us. Jesus is Our Mediator, not man."

I have found a church that I attend that has sound doctrine. I have a hard time trusting people and what they say, but I am working on that with God’s Help.

I hope this helps communicate without being angry, although it is hard to communicate manipulation. It is such a silent and sneaky spirit to uncover.

Posted by: BurnedByXians ()
Date: August 14, 2008 07:24AM

What a joek please do not come on here and intimidate people with your pushy comments. This guy was a pastor at the f*ck*d up church and is saying sorry and taking a first step. He should not preach at us but also should not get shut down like that. Sorry if that offends you but oh well we have all been a part of the carnage. You are not judge. Welcome mr reta. Don't prach on here, it won't get any points for you. Thanks for stepping up as a representative of that hell hole and saying sorry. I accept the apology. This church has burned way too many briges.

Posted by: Escapee07 ()
Date: August 14, 2008 08:26AM

I just want ot say that being angry is NOT a sin. There are valid reasons for every single one of us to be angry. It is how we deal with our anger that determines sin or not. I just feel the need to clarify that because the teachings about emotional response at RLC leaves people, yes even people who have separated themselves, wondering how to deal with the events that have occured. It is okay to feel. God gave us emotion and brains for a reason.

It is clear that people on this forum may not be "happy" with each other, and from what I have seen in the past, it is with good reason. Forgiveness is being offered to those who seek it here. This is supposed to be a safe place. You guys, God is really good. This common thread that we all share has been a painful trial in all of our lifes. I am very glad that each and everyone of you is seeing truth and desires to come out better for it. I wonder if using the PM function might serve us well if we indeed have an issue with an individual post.

Oh and by the way, speaking the truth about a person or an event, is not bashing! The truth will set you free. Hearing the truth from other people on this forum has been very freeing.

Continuing in the vein that Matt started last night..Can we share where we are at now. What is God doing post-RLC.

Posted by: pray4them ()
Date: August 14, 2008 08:32AM

I personally did not here Kevin preaching but excited to be free. Kevin I am glad that the Lord has been faithful during your journey through hard times. I always had a heart for you since I first met you.It was difficult to watch all these young people I had known for years become emotionally unattached after moving up the ladder at RLC. I used to be real close to Brandon and at family gatherings We would cut it up and talk about real things.Those times changed but I pray that they will happen again. I have kept praying for my family and God is shining His light into this dark place and opening the eyes of His children. I was fortunate enough to recognize bizarre teaching and a senior pastor who shares confidential information about my family members with me as not being as mature as he claims.Brandon if you read this Tony shared things about your family with me and Aunt Mary to discredit them in our presence I would be more than happy to sit with you,me and Tony and discuss these things. Greg Huthe teaches a study on the ten commandments specifically about honering your mother and father and then continually refers to his parents as heathens but stresses that the scripyure also applies to spiritual parenting. LOOK IT UP greg mother and father are singular. My mom lived in sin until a week before she died and then met Christ but I never disrespected her even though I disagreed with her choices. Had the HONER of leading her to Christ. I am willing to sit down with anybody I have named and go over what I believe is false teaching in particular those who I have named. Sincerly, Shane

Current Page: 70 of 273

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.