Re: Radiant Life Church of Sacramento, California, Pastor Tony Cunningham
Posted by: Fool Me Once ()
Date: February 19, 2011 05:14AM

Big Meeting this week with the grate one.. Anyone knows what is going on....

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: wantingtruth ()
Date: February 19, 2011 09:02AM

I'd sneak in for a looksee if I didn't think that they would kick me out. My guess is that the great one is going to cast some vision that he will need money for so he can disappear in style. Squeeze the last drop of financial blood out of the emaciated flock and leave looking for new prey.

Posted by: ZELDAMATHILDE ()
Date: February 19, 2011 02:32PM

Your probably right, some up beat music, a new smoke and mirrors show, where the great one, musters up a new vision, a new revelation, convincing the few remaining followers, that their god, changed his or her mind. The great one will never have admit to being wrong! This is how the great one will save face. Most likely he will make this meeting a platform, to make this a moment, a new apex in time, to move on, to seek out after a new goals, to define a new paths, to boldly go where no man has gone be'...................

Posted by: Timetospeak ()
Date: February 20, 2011 11:07AM

It will be worth getting him out of the neighborhood, in fact, out of the country if possible. This man is one that led my children to rejecting God with his self promoting narcistic behavior. This also includes replicated behavior by his close men followers. I believe he picked up a demon in a foreign land. It would be best if he left.

Date: February 20, 2011 12:27PM

There are many people, children and adults who have abandoned any association to Jesus Christ, because of how this evil self serving, pompous, arrogant man has done so much to hurt people and destroy families.
This man should be put behind bars!

Posted by: BraveHeart ()
Date: February 21, 2011 02:41AM

Contrast all the teaching, coercion, manipulation, intimidation, and brainwashing Mr. Tony Cunningham has sowed into people in Sacramento and Elk Grove California, Marysville Washington, Oh, and let’s not forget Coose Bay, Oregon. You will see Tony has preached a message of glorify me, me, me the most self appointed man to come along in a long, long while (that’s is why he gets called “the great one”) yes, it is so 'tong and cheek,' but for the sycophant brainwashed person still following this evil man Tony, you have to call it like it is, hopping that they will wake up! Tony has convinced his followers he is such a good man that he deserves more than one wife thus this “spiritual polygamist life style” Tony has presented an incomplete biblical message, and has perverted the biblical message, and the fruit of his teaching is people being spiritually emotionally and physically HURT.

Contrast all of Tony’s false teachings with this transcript.

The Bible says in Psalm 19, verse 7, “The law of the Lord is perfect converting the soul.” What is it that the Bible says is perfect and actually converts the soul? Why scripture makes it very clear: “The law of the Lord is perfect converting the soul.” Now to illustrate the function of God’s law, let’s just look for a moment at civil law. Imagine if I said to you, “I’ve got some good news for you: someone has just paid a $25,000 speeding fine on your behalf.” You’d probably react by saying, “What are you talking about? That’s not good news: it doesn’t make sense. I don’t have a $25,000 speeding fine.” My good news wouldn’t be good news to you: it would seem foolishness. But more than that, it would be offensive to you, because I’m insinuating you’ve broken the law when you don’t think you have. However, if I put it this way, it may make more sense: “On the way to this meeting, the law clocked you at going 55 miles an hour through an area set aside for a blind children’s convention. There were ten clear warning signs stating that fifteen miles an hour was the maximum speed, but you went straight through at 55 miles an hour. What you did was extremely dangerous; there’s a $25,000 fine. The law was about to take its course, when someone you don’t even know stepped in and paid the fine for you. You are very fortunate.”
Can you see that telling you precisely what you’ve done wrong first actually makes the good news make sense. If I don’t clearly bring instruction and understanding that you’ve violated the law, then the good news will seem foolishness; it will seem offensive. But once you understand that you’ve broken the law, then that good news will become good news indeed.
Now in the same way, if I approach an impenitent sinner and say, “Jesus Christ died on the cross for your sins,” it will be foolishness and offensive to him. Foolishness because it won’t make sense. The Bible says that: “The preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness” (1Cor. 1:18). And offensive because I’m insinuating he’s a sinner when he doesn’t think he is. As far as he’s concerned, there are a lot of people far worse than him. But if I take the time to follow in the footsteps of Jesus, it may make more sense. If I take the time to open up the divine law, the ten commandments, and show the sinner precisely what he’s done wrong, that he has offended God by violating His law, then when he becomes, as James says, “convinced of the law as a transgressor” (Jam. 2:9), the good news of the fine being paid for will not be foolishness, it will not be offensive, it will be “the power of God unto salvation” (Rom. 1:16).

Now, with those few thoughts in mind by way of introduction, let’s now look at Romans 3, verse 19. We’ll look at some of the functions of God’s law for humanity. Romans 3, verse 19: “Now we know that whatsoever things the law says, it says to them who are under the law that every mouth may be stopped and all the world may become guilty before God.” So one function of God’s law is to stop the mouth. To stop sinners justifying themselves and saying, “There’s plenty of people worse than me. I’m not a bad person. Really.” No, the law stops the mouth of justification and leaves the whole world, not just the Jews, but the whole world guilty before God.
Romans 3, verse 20: “Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin.” So God’s law tells us what sin is. 1 John 3:4 says, “Sin is transgression of the law.” Romans 7, verse 7: “What shall we say then?” says Paul. “Is the law sin? God forbid! No, I had not known sin but by the law.” Paul says, “I didn’t know what sin was until the law told me.” In Galatians 3:24, “Wherefore, the law was our schoolmaster to bring us to Christ that we might be justified by faith.” God’s law acts as a schoolmaster to bring us to Jesus Christ that we might be justified through faith in His blood. The law doesn’t help us; it just leaves us helpless. It doesn’t justify us; it just leaves us guilty before the judgment bar of a holy God.
And the tragedy of modern evangelism is because around the turn of the century when it forsook the law in its capacity to convert the soul, to drive sinners to Christ, modern evangelism had to, therefore, find another reason for sinners to respond to the gospel. And the issue that modern evangelism chose to attract sinners was the issue of “life enhancement”. The gospel degenerated into “Jesus Christ will give you peace, joy, love, fulfillment, and lasting happiness.” Now to illustrate the unscriptural nature of this very popular teaching, I’d like you to listen very carefully to this following anecdote, because the essence of what I’m saying pivots on this particular illustration; so please listen carefully.

Two men are seated in a plane. The first is given a parachute and told to put is on as it would improve his flight. He’s a little skeptical at first because he can’t see how wearing a parachute in a plane could possibly improve the flight. After a time he decides to experiment and see if the claim is true. As he puts it on he notices the weight of it upon his shoulders and he finds that he has difficulty in sitting upright. However, he consoles himself with the fact that he was told the parachute would improve the flight. So, he decides to give the thing a little time. As he waits he notices that some of the other passengers are laughing at him, because he’s wearing a parachute in a plane. He begins to feel somewhat humiliated. As they begin to point and laugh at him and he can stand it no longer, he slinks in his seat, unstraps the parachute, and throws it to the floor. Disillusionment and bitterness fill his heart, because, as far as he was concerned, he was told an outright lie.
The second man is given a parachute, but listen to what he’s told. He’s told to put it on because at any moment he’d be jumping 25,000 feet out of the plane. He gratefully puts the parachute on; he doesn’t notice the weight of it upon his shoulders, nor that he can’t sit upright. His mind is consumed with the thought of what would happen to him if he jumped without that parachute.

Let’s analyze the motive and the result of each passenger’s experience. The first man’s motive for putting the parachute on was solely to improve his flight. The result of his experience was that he was humiliated by the passengers; he was disillusioned and somewhat embittered against those who gave him the parachute. As far as he’s concerned it’ll be a long time before anyone gets one of those things on his back again. The second man put the parachute on solely to escape the jump to come, and because of his knowledge of what would happen to him without it, he has a deep-rooted joy and peace in his heart knowing that he’s saved from sure death. This knowledge gives him the ability to withstand the mockery of the other passengers. His attitude towards those who gave him the parachute is one of heart-felt gratitude.
Now listen to what the modern gospel says. It says, “Put on the Lord Jesus Christ. He’ll give you love, joy, peace, fulfillment, and lasting happiness.” In other words, “Jesus will improve your flight.” So the sinner responds, and in an experimental fashion, puts on the Savior to see if the claims are true. And what does he get? The promised temptation, tribulation, and persecution. The other passengers mock him. So what does he do? He takes off the Lord Jesus Christ, he’s offended for the word’s sake (Mark 4:17), he’s disillusioned and somewhat embittered, and quite rightly so. He was promised peace, joy, love, fulfillment, and lasting happiness, and all he got were trials and humiliation. His bitterness is directed toward those who gave him the so-called “good news”. His latter end becomes worse than the first: another inoculated and bitter backslider.
Saints, instead of preaching that Jesus improves the flight, we should be warning the passengers they’re going have to jump out of the plane. That it’s “appointed unto man once to die, but after this the judgment” (Heb. 9:27). And when a sinner understands the horrific consequences of breaking God’s law, then he will flee to the Savior solely to escape the wrath that’s to come. And if we’re true and faithful witnesses, that’s what we’ll be preaching. That there is wrath to come; that God “commands all men everywhere to repent” (Acts 17:30). Why? “Because He has appointed a day, in which He will judge the world in righteousness” (vs. 31). You see, the issue isn’t one of happiness, but one of righteousness. It doesn’t matter how happy a sinner is, how much he’s enjoying “the pleasures of sin for a season” (Heb. 11:25). Without the righteousness of Christ, he’ll perish on the day of wrath. “Riches profit not on the day of wrath, but righteousness delivers from death” (Prov. 11:4). Peace and joy are legitimate fruits of salvation, but it’s not legitimate to use these fruits as a draw card for salvation. If we continue to do so, sinners will respond with an impure motive lacking repentance.
Now, can you remember why the second passenger had joy and peace in his heart? It was because he knew that parachute was going to save him from sure death. And as a believer, I have, as Paul says, “joy and peace in believing” (Rom. 15:13), because I know that the righteousness of Christ is going to deliver me from the wrath that’s to come.
Now with that thought in mind, let’s take a close look at an incident on board the plane. We have a brand new stewardess. She’s carrying a tray of boiling hot coffee. It’s her first day; she wants to leave an impression on the passengers, and she certainly does. Because as she’s walking down the aisle, she trips over someone’s foot and slops that boiling hot coffee all over the lap of our second passenger. Now what’s his reaction as that boiling liquid hits his tender flesh? Does he go, “Ssssfffff! Man that hurt”? Mmm-hhh. He feels the pain. But then does he rip the parachute from his shoulders, throw it to the floor and say, “The stupid parachute!”? No. Why should he? He didn’t put the parachute on for a better flight. He put it on to save him from the jump to come. If anything, the hot coffee incident causes him to cling tighter to the parachute and even look forward to the jump.
Now if you and I have put on the Lord Jesus Christ for the right motive, to flee from the wrath that’s to come, when tribulation strikes, when the flight gets bumpy, we won’t get angry at God; we won’t lose our joy and peace. Why should we? We didn’t come to Jesus for a happy lifestyle: we came to flee from the wrath that’s to come. And if anything, tribulation drives the true believer closer to the Savior. And sadly we have literally multitudes of professing Christians who lose their joy and peace when the flight gets bumpy. Why? They’re the product of a man-centered gospel. They came lacking repentance, without which you can’t be saved.

This is from “Hell’s Best Kept Secret” by Ray Comfort
This message was first preached in August 1982. Hell’s Best Kept Secret is non-copyrighted, duplication is encouraged. www.LivingWaters.com – Living Waters Publications, P.O. Box 1172, Bellflower, CA 90706 – Order line: 1-800-437-1893

I can sum it up this way Mr. Tony Cunningham will be judged more severely by God for being the false teacher that he is, I believe Tony will be held responsible for every soul that he has turned against God.
If Tony was genuine or honest he would have stepped down long ago when he keep having to reinvent his lie if getting SOMA accredited. But he didn't he shifted all the blame onto other people he has NEVER taken responsibility for his Lies, Thieving, building up Idols, or Coveting!
Now I must remind you all that it is the responsibility of the real Christian church to preach, and to teach the Gospel of Jesus Christ. To point out who the wolves are and to discipline people in the the church. If your church is not practicing church discipline and discernment, then friend you need to start looking for a new church.

Tony Cunningham is a Wolf In sheep's clothing and Radiant Life Church is a CULT

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/21/2011 02:44AM by BraveHeart.

Date: February 21, 2011 11:46AM

Question: Has the attorney general showed up yet?

Posted by: Timetospeak ()
Date: February 22, 2011 09:08AM

Ten warning signs of a potentially unsafe group/leader. These sound very very familiar.

1. Absolute authoritarianism without meaningful accountability.

2. No tolerance for questions or critical inquiry.

3. No meaningful financial disclosure regarding budget, expenses such as an independently audited financial statement.

4. Unreasonable fear about the outside world, such as impending catastrophe, evil conspiracies and persecutions.

5. There is no legitimate reason to leave, former followers are always wrong in leaving, negative or even evil.

6. Former members often relate the same stories of abuse and reflect a similar pattern of grievances.

7. There are records, books, news articles, or television programs that document the abuses of the group/leader.

8. Followers feel they can never be "good enough".

9. The group/leader is always right.

10. The group/leader is the exclusive means of knowing "truth" or receiving validation, no other process of discovery is really acceptable or credible.

Date: February 22, 2011 01:59PM

Very good post! Those ten points describe Tony to the "T"

Posted by: Hector_Ragnar ()
Date: February 23, 2011 02:21PM

Here is an old post, that makes one wonder who all got out of the Cult, and what families are still stuck in this mess?

Guess Who
Just thought I would make an attempt at posting an updated list of those who have been freed. This list represents 677 people. If you know others p.m. me and I will add them.

Aday, Janelle (Fickle)
Adlesperger, John
Adlesperger, Leslie
Agius, Dave & family
Ampey, Greg & family
Anderson, Marc & family
Ari - SOMA
Arnaz, Tom & Laura
Barbour, Amber
Barrett, Brenda & family
Barrientos, Kristen & family
Beasley, Dennis & Shari
Beckner, Tammy
Bender, Dennis & Gloria
Bennett, Ken & family
Bergen, Ashley
Bianchini, Mario & Karen
Bianchini, Nichole
Blanton, Jim & Marilyn
Boline, Aaron & family
Bollinger, Ken & family
Borsic, Tom & family
Box, Jerry & family
Brantley, Adam & family
Breault, Ed & family
Brewster, Mel & family
Brown, Greg & Vicky
Brown, Kevin & family
Bryany, Levert
Burke, Joel & family
Burke, Sean & family
Burke, Steve & family
Butterworth, Shana
Byrd, Petri & family
Cantrell family
Carmazzi, Family
Carr, Dave & family
Casarez, Cecilia
Chapman, Shirley
Christensen
Clay, Aaron & family
Coleman, Jon & family
Corpe, Michael & family
Cregar, Cory & family
Croco, Russ & Marie
Cruz, JJ & family
Daggs, Lisa & family
Daniels, Dominic & Tracey & family
Davis, Dan & family
Davis, Jim & family
Dele-Ogbeide, Uki
Denberger
Deschaves, Mike & family
Diaz, Kiki & family
Doherty, Brian & family
Dove, Tom & family
Duffy, Ken & family
Dunham, George & family
Dunham, Julie
Elliott, Dan & family
Enstall, Karrie
Figueroa, Ray & family
Flores, Antonio & family
Flores, Moses & Rachel
Flowers, Daniel & Deborah
Fountain, Dave & family
Fredericks, Chuck & family
Freitas, Jay & Annie
Funtanilla, Tony & Debbie
Gallegos, Dave
Gardner, Dave & family
Garibaldi, David & Joy
Geisinger, Steve & Linda
Ghilarducci, Perry & family
Gillespie, Ed
Gillespie, Jason
Goslin, Ken & Sue
Graham, John & family
Greer, Adam & family
Greer, Jeff & family
Griffith, Sarah & family
Gritzke, Harry & family
Grosjean, Josh
Grossjan, Lisa
Gullion, Jacob & family
Gunn, Mike & family
Halbach, Valerie
Hansen, Glenn & family
Harris, Paul & Lynn
Hayes, Gordon & family
Heart, Cory & Ryan
Hemsworth, Michael & family
Holmes, Richard
Hoover, Mike & Monica
Howard, Dave & family
Hughes, Chris & Bethany
Hulsing, Ben & family
Isaac, Zack
Jackson, Meagan
Jackson, Tyler
Jacobs, Roland & family
Jinkerson, Bill & family
Joe, Debbie & family
Johnson family
Jones, Derek & family
Jones, Greg & Heather
Jones, Melna & family
Jones, Tarik
Kavouras, Anthony & family
Keeshan, Ethan & family
Kidwell, Dennis & family
Kitay, Al & family
Krell, Wendell & family
Kwan, Steve & Marjo
Kynaston, Bruce & Kelly
LaMar
[L], Joe & family
[L], Mike
Lasiter, Jeff & family
Law, Ed & family
Lazalier, Ryan & family
Lekki, Jim & family
Linares, Jennifer & daughter
Love, Aaron & Gina (Did he return???)
Love, Larry & family
Machado, Americo & family
Mack, Debra
Magdangal, Wally & family (Pastor)
Majewski, Mike & family
Mancillas, Jesse & Dale
Mancillas, Jesse Jr.
Mancillas, Samuel
Marks, Darold & family
Mars, Ashley
Mathieson, Scott & family
McCullough, Scott & family
McKurtis, Seth & family
Melnick, Paul & Pam
Michalek, Matt & family
Michelle - SOMA
Mikulin, Tim & family
Millar, Joshua & family
Millar, Kathy
Miller, Brandon & family
Miller, Jim & Linda
Moore, Mike & Annie
Morgan, Roger & Ruth
Morrissey, Joe & Lawna
Ohiri, Paul & Ngozi
Ott, Dennis & Leila
Ott, Jacob & Jenica (Still Praying for Veronica)
Otto, Don & family
Palmer, Ryan & family
Parr, Zach & family
Petrali, Tony & family
Peyton, Heather
Plant, Daniel & family
Plant, Joe & Dora
Plummer, Juston & family
Quam, Todd & Monica
Records, Paul & Sandy
Reed & family
Reese, Neva
Reta, Bridget & kids
Reta, Kevin
Reynolds, Mark & Melissa
Rich & Rene
Richards, Jenni
Richards, Mike & family
Richards, Steve & Beverly
Ringer, Emily
Ringor, Justin & family
Ritzema, Rohn & Jane
Romandia, Ed & family
Russell, Harry & family
Russo, Lezlie & family
Rutledge, Darrin & family
Salo, Patrick & Marjie
Schlaegle, Aaron & Holly
Silva, Justin & family
Silva, Shawn & family
Simmons, Esley
Simon, Bill & family
Simon, Scott
Singh, Shish & Jagir
Sirard
Sneed family
Stark, Phillip & family
Stevens, Stephanie & family
Stewart, Ken & family
Stillwell, Greg & family
Stone, Rod & Sharon
Strom, Alissa & Rob
Sugimoto, Dan & Liz
Svoboda, Sandi
Swann, Hope
Taylor, Caitlin
Tewes, Vernon & family
Tharp, Chuck & Family
Thorpe, Jason & Erin
Tiffany
Tiller, Shane & family
Tymon, Ted & family
Vierra, Jim & family
Vigario, Mark & family
Walter, Phil & family
Walters, Terry & family
Walton, Bruce & family
Wanner, Matt & family
Warehiem, Corrina & family
Washington, Ella & family
Washington, Sandra
Watson, Rick & family
Weaver, Ben
Webb family
Weisker, Pattie
Whitcomb, Randy & family
White, Mike & family
Whorton, Jenny
Wilson, Charlie & family
Wilson, Tom & family (Did he return???)
Wong, Santo & family
Yeargen, Russ & family
Yee, Melvin & Deanna
Yun, Chris & family
Zamora, Arnie & family
Maybe this list needs to be updated.
Cooper, Michelle (Bang)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.