Current Page: 26 of 273
Re: Has Anyone Ever Heard of Radiant Life Church in Sacramento
Posted by: SpeakTruth ()
Date: April 02, 2008 03:08AM

The many problems existing here could have been long gone and forgotten by now, had they been admitted and corrected at the time. Instead, being hidden, they have become EXPOSED, and so the crap hits the fan. Now the consequences unfold. Still, some refuse to admit wrong and move on.

I've actually heard people refer to this as "God is testing us"... in reality its just God's law at work (sowing and reaping).

Cheat on your wife, lose your marriage (just an example, not referring to any particular incident).

Speak on behalf of God what He's not saying, you will answer to Him (that's scary).

All in all, God is redemptive (I believe we can all agree on that) and perhaps He will turn things around at that place. I sure hope so. It will require humility though.

And the sense of control must also be thwarted. Each man belongs to God and God alone, not owned by anyone. This must also be realized.

Joe

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Dr. Love ()
Date: April 03, 2008 06:07AM

"Seriously, it is a sad commentary of your church Radiant Life when the only people left on this forum are people that go there and are still defending and stirring things up. "

-whatajoke-

This is just one of many false statements that have been proposed.

It is not cool for people to come on this site for the first time and say stuff that is not true. So all I am doing is clarifying so the readers know that this person is not using facts.

Aaron

Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: April 03, 2008 08:48PM

To whom it may concern:

Anyone interested in Radiant Life Church should read this thread from the beginning rather than accept "Dr. Love's" summary of its contents.

See [forum.culteducation.com]

Note the statements made by "Somite."

Radiant Life doesn't have democratic church government, which is the case within the overwhelming majority of Protestant churches today.

Typically a pastor is accountable to a democratically elected church board and officers that can discipline and if necessary fire the pastor.

No one on this thread defending the church here has cited the provisions within a constitution, bylaws or articles of incorporation that provide for democratically elected government at Radiant Life Church.

Also, most Protestant churches are financially transparent.

That is, there is a published, detailed and independently audited financial report that discloses all salaries, compensation and expenses of the church distributed to its tithing members.

No one defending the church has cited such a report with detailed information about Radiant Life Church on this thread.

Churches that are run like dictatorships without meaningful accountability to the genereal membership and financial transparency concerning the use of tithes are often problematic and potentially unsafe.

Date: April 07, 2008 05:25AM

I agree. It would not be a good idea to pick and choose what to read. You should read this thing from the beginning... it has been ugly. It is also a good idea to not take everything at face-value. There are some clear exaggerations and there are also some clear cover-ups. Some posters "defend" without truly knowing what is actually happening in the background.

There is some good, and some bad.

This church has, in the past at least (I can't speak for the past year or so) done some good for the community, and has given people an opportunity to serve. I think at the heart of things, there are a bunch of well-meaning good hearted people. I know people there. Some are cool and just want to be committed, no matter the current condition. Still, others only encourage further destruction. Sweet on the outside, poisonous within.

I still don't know what to make of it all.

I want to ask this question again to the people who are no longer going to church there or have left the Lord altogether because of that place: "What specifically has hurt you so bad, and if you have not been able to clear your chest of it, what would it take for you to be reconciled?" I suppose I just want to at least help anyone who has been hurt. The good news is that I know many of us have been able to move on.

Whatajoke, what the heck are you talking about? I still dont know where youre coming from...?

Posted by: Transparent ()
Date: April 18, 2008 02:44AM

SpeakTruth
I will address half the problem right now...

There are some Christian leaders who would claim that they are a pastors or apostles, or great wizards from Kalamazoo for all I care, yet their lives lived out prove the contrary. If one claims to be such a man of God, then why would they be so untouchable? Why would one be required to speak to 3 different assistants in order to just leave a message, let alone make actual contact, with a pastor or apostle. Some of the greatest Christian leaders of this generation remain approachable. I know a pastor that has a church 8x the size of RLC and is still personally caring for people. And if the excuse is "being so busy", then what should one suppose is being accomplished? If the purpose of a pastor is to shepherd the people, then where do people come into this equation? That is, unless those people are willing to abandon who God made them to be, so that they can become a mini-me... remember Austin Powers?

My point is, some "pastors" are not even in a position to act in such a way. If you pastor a church of 10,000 people, sure, you might have secretaries field calls/meetings. Or better yet, Dr. Cho has a church of 830K. Maybe then. But 1000-2000 people? Give me a break... "School of Ministry" students are only a SMALL part of the body.

Yeah, these pastors don't seem to realize that those people who they say are so incorrigible, wild, rebellious, unsubmissive, or "free-thinking", might just be the ones that God will choose to use. Remember, donkey's cannot attend School of Ministry, yet God spoke through one anyway.

SIDE NOTE: I think there were good intentions to begin with, but in the grand scheme of it all, it has failed miserably. When you go from loving God and loving people as the goal, to telling people to give up their friends and family because they don't fit the mold of our church, you've gone against the very good intentions that you began with.

speak truth...hey man it has been along time since i been on here. Thank you.... This right here what you just wrote.... thank you.... you wrote exactly what I know and exactly what needs to be addressed here..... Thanks Man!!!

i was involved much with Radiant Life....different aspects. I know I was disappointed my many things that i saw.... and when i pulled away.... i became the black sheep.... because i wan't down with the apostle jazz.....it's sad to say how many ppl went thru all kinds of stuff while.. there... borken marriages really broke my heart more than anything else.... i know leadership from some years back and it is freakin scary how they changed in order to honor the man and not God! Leadeship used the word to manipulate and benefit themselves and it is true they will have to gove account... we all will be judged... I just wanted to say hey man... I appreciate your posting... this really hit home for ppl reading this...

truth be told!

Thanks again!

Date: April 18, 2008 02:50AM

SpeakTruth
I agree. It would not be a good idea to pick and choose what to read. You should read this thing from the beginning... it has been ugly. It is also a good idea to not take everything at face-value. There are some clear exaggerations and there are also some clear cover-ups. Some posters "defend" without truly knowing what is actually happening in the background.

There is some good, and some bad.

This church has, in the past at least (I can't speak for the past year or so) done some good for the community, and has given people an opportunity to serve. I think at the heart of things, there are a bunch of well-meaning good hearted people. I know people there. Some are cool and just want to be committed, no matter the current condition. Still, others only encourage further destruction. Sweet on the outside, poisonous within.

I still don't know what to make of it all.

I want to ask this question again to the people who are no longer going to church there or have left the Lord altogether because of that place: "What specifically has hurt you so bad, and if you have not been able to clear your chest of it, what would it take for you to be reconciled?" I suppose I just want to at least help anyone who has been hurt. The good news is that I know many of us have been able to move on.

Whatajoke, what the heck are you talking about? I still dont know where youre coming from...?

what is "what a joke" talking about??? lol! I reconciled but thae sad part is ppl's reaction.... the "in-crowd" or should I say... the men-pleasers will always cut you off.... sad! but as long as we do our part... that's all that matters.... truth man... love it.... love the truth! Thanks for posting

Posted by: BraveHeart ()
Date: June 03, 2008 03:33AM

Committed2U
I have read through a few of the posts here (ok, ok...I have read through all of the posts on this thread), and I have a question for anyone on this thread who feels they have been hurt and/or harmed by someone at RLC: What do you think would help you heal? (i.e. a formal apology from the person who harmed you? Perhaps a face-to-face meeting with a person from RLC?). This is a genuine question with no strings attached.
are you for real??? all I want to see is the arrogant self assorbed pastor tony is to personaly go to to people he has taken advantage of "in the name of GOD" and reconsile with them that means giving back the resources and money he has squandered away with his suposed phrophit words and council. it makes me sick to hear about all the families that have lost there homes because they were convensed that Tony had a word from God.
Look arround and see the broken relationship Tony has in the Sacramento area the bottom line is other pastors will not have any thing to do with him because he wants to do things his way and his way only. speekuntruth open your eyes and look back at the history Elk Grove Comunity had with other churches and ask your self what happened? what happened to one voice and the relationships the church had within the sacramento community.
I would like to see Tony stop practicing his manipulation and cultish practices. this whole church needs a complete over hall from the pastor to the elders!
no a sit down try and make you feel good talk will not help anymore as this church gains its idenity in what they feel not what they believe or treat others.
how is that for starters

Date: June 03, 2008 11:59AM

Hello Mr. Braveheart! What are you talking about? Have you even read this thread? By the way, it's Joe. Perhaps you know me after all.

Posted by: Dr. Love ()
Date: June 06, 2008 04:30AM

It seems as thought this has become a factual yet loose and entertaining read for us all. Just thought I’d drop in and let you all know that the spying is going well, I have learned a wealth of secret things using stealth like motions and unusually high tech gadgets. I feel sorry for Tony if this forum does its job and people take all 73 articles about the same topic to heart. Translucent I thought you were over this whole thing? Chuckle....
Tony’s not a bad guy, is he? Do you all believe he intends to run a cult disguised as a church.
I believe if you want the covering of men or a particular church with a name like…oh… lets say “Radiant Life”, then so be it. Or, if you want the covering of Christ and what he offers then let this be as well. But in both cases we all must understand the kingdom of Heaven is often times paralleled with a vine. In order to stay apart of this vine which ever you might choose the roots and vine rightfully require an increasing level of obedience to accomplish the goals of the source you are connected to. This is all to ensure the health and growth of the vine.
I should get back to work thanks for reading.
But one more thing before I go, who am I supposed to spy on again?

Dr. Love

Date: June 06, 2008 04:42AM

Aaron Love... You've returned! What's happening man.... It's Transparent though partner!

Current Page: 26 of 273

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.